Wanderer Among The Wreckage

Kite

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:55 am

ooc: Optime, midday, Saint John, backdated to May 2nd, 2013[451]

Nero Napier was not an explorer of cities and ruins, the gloomy depression of the run down towns was disheartening to day the least. To think that a once mighty and thriving civilization was suddenly lost, was an eerie and chilling feeling for him to have. He could almost feel the ghosts of the past lurking through the rubble of the desolate city, hiding just out of sight behind the wreckage of a building. The bright-eyed wanderer cast a suspicious glance over his shoulder, but no one was there. The cold air seemed odd for a spring evening and he wrapped his arms around himself. With the days growing warmer, his thick winter pelt had thinned to accommodate to the rising temperatures. Somewhere among the rubble there must be something though, an old rotted blanket or abandoned furs from an equally weary traveler.

He bent to pick up a rock about the size of his fist and absently tossed it into the air. He had never been in these strange, foreign lands before. It was all in pursuit of his sister, a goal he was feverishly trying to achieve and he would not rest until he was with her again or saw her grave. The lone wolf was truly tired of being without family, wandering wasted landscapes for a respite from the endless solitude that came with being torn away from family. Long nights were becoming intolerable, and the company of lower animals did not appeal to him as much as speaking to an equal would. Sighing, he tossed the ragged stone and heard it clatter noisily in the dark distance.

His brief expedition into the crumbling building gave him nothing expect for a chipped and rusted blade that looked like it was made a hundred years ago. Weighing it in his hand, he decided to hang onto it until he was clear of the ghost town. And onward he went from there, investigating buildings that had been picked over and explored a hundred times before him. And as always, he was on the alert, as he had been since the first day he was truly alone. Ears cocked, eyes flickering, and muscles tensed, he would not be a wolf easy to sneak up on and that made him feel powerful. The days of the warm seasons were still young and he would have plenty of time to search for his sister until the cold of autumn forced him back into bitter hiding. "Soon," he murmured to himself, dragging the chipped blade across a jagged stone. "I'll find you and we'll be happy together and I will no longer be alone."

Nero Napier

Owl
Luperci
LUCEAT LUX VESTRA
Into Darkness

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:15 am

((ooc: blurbs yuck post )) [WC: 400]

Gray clouds hugged the expanse of blue sky above, casting shadows on the ground and blotting out the golden light that should be shining past and making the area below light, though it wasn't. The lean silhouette of a canine darted back and fourth behind piles of oddly shaped rubble, paw pads made coarse from travel thumping on the ground almost eagerly as the young individual explored with a specific bit of interest spread across the acute facial features of the young wolf. Tallish ears perked up at the sound of a rock thudding against the dirt ground, blackberry nose twitching as it tried to pinpoint the unfamiliar scent of something that might have thrown, or dropped, or merely kicked the rock, though the wet nose accompanied by misty-green eyes couldn't pinpoint the source too well, flooded with the scents of the abandoned town.

Ever so quietly, Chloé continued on with her wandering, which she seemed to do quite often as she really had nowhere specific to head off to. Her head bobbed slightly as she walked, tail swaying back and fourth every so often as she went along with wide-eyes drinking in the interesting sights, ears occasionally flicking to ward off a bothersome bug. Although, the tall silhouette of another individual kept appearing near the corner of her vision, although she really was too busy exploring to venture near it at first. Then, her attuned ears picked up the sound of a voice and that really interested her, so she turned and headed off, slender legs moving at a trot.

"Who're ya talkin' to?" she asked almost unexpectedly upon approaching the individual, head cocking slightly to the left as the words left her slightly parted paw and edged past white teeth placed almost like piano teeth in her mouth, question hanging in the air and awaiting an answer. Chloé wagged her tail in a friendly manner, as the non-Luperci female was always eager to meet new people, unless they had scars and ugly burns and the like -- she stayed well away from them, since they looked odd and she didn't appreciate that too much. She blinked her light green eyes, appearing a bit interested in what he had to say and a bit more interested in the surrounding area, since her attention kept turning away from the canine she'd asked the question of and around at the city.

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:34 am

(455) Ooc text here.

He twisted around, not quickly, for he had heard the distant scrabbles of canine paws on the rubble and her heavy breath as she jumped to and fro. Though, he did not turn slowly, for if there was a threat he was not going to allow them the upper hand. Nero examined the open face, the wagging tail and the misty green eyes that darted everywhere, never resting on anything for any given amount of time. He liked her openness and lack of fear. The luperci easily towered over her, he was seven feet of pure muscle and often intimidated those that approached him, if they dared to. The wolf smiled warmly, flicking the serrated blade smoothly into a none threatening position.

"I'm not talking to anyone, I usually only have myself for company." While his voice was kind, he did not want to reveal too much to a complete stranger. Sometimes unassuming canines have hidden talents that are not exactly fun to deal with. "Ah, give me a moment, I'll wear a different skin, it's rude to tower over company."

Nero focused for a moment, seeing his wolfish self in his mind's eye and began to shrink. Shifting was like taking off a coat for him, the slow ease and the sensation of crackling bones had become almost pleasurable for the wolf. Soon, he was not much bigger than her. The old knife was left in the dust, unable to be held in his paws as they were. Though, his girth and sinew still outweighed the lighter female almost by half, which made Nero very confident in his standing and visibly relaxed. Tilting his head to the side, he approached respectfully and gave her a tentative sniff. The four year old had not seen such a young one of his kind in quite awhile, it was a refreshing reprieve from the grizzled, nature hardened faces he was accustomed to seeing.

He smiled again, warm and inviting, a kind smile that has made many a wolf spill secrets. "The real question is, what is a young wolf like yourself doing out here in this ghost town? Didn't your parents tell you these places are very dangerous." Out of habit, he peered behind her and cast a glance over his shoulder for good measure. "If the old buildings don't collapse in on you, a scavenger will find you for sure. Not everyone is as nice as I am." Nero chuckled, mostly to himself, but it was true. Desperate wolves sometimes did crazy things, sometimes they were not so much desperate as they were insane. This he knew from personal experience.

Image credited to Resurgere@Deviantart!
Nero Napier

Owl
Luperci
LUCEAT LUX VESTRA
Into Darkness

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:03 am

[WC: 528]

A bit astonished by the fact that someone would be talking to themselves instead of someone else, Chloé allowed her maw to part somewhat in awe before clasping it shut briskly and straightening up a bit, wincing as the taller individual shifted into his four-legged form, which seemed to be a bit painful. "Weird," she responded blatantly, blinking at the canine with her tail swishing back and fourth just once before remaining still again. Her paws shifted a bit again, brushing against the harsh floor below. The gears in her mind turned, so much that their could have been smoke coming out of her ears if that were logical, and she though up a response since she really wasn't too good at responses; she preferred to be the one to ask most of the questions in a conversation.

Chloé let out a small, defiant huff at his statement. "I can protect myself!" she declared, puffing on her lean chest and looking around in search of danger, which most likely wouldn't come around with the more heavy-set wolf about. Her nose crinkled for a brief moment, lips pulling back in a comical snarl that disappeared when she returned her attention to the other individual, responding to his first question now since she never payed attention to the order of things. "Hmpf, parent!" she corrected, remembering Absolon and wondering where he'd gotten off to, but she was nearly a year old and didn't mind being on her own that much, she got to go wherever and of course there wasn't a specific time when she had to sleep, or another thing that parents made you do, she still missed him though. "And he might've mentioned it!" she continued, exaggerating her words somewhat though not speaking them louder than she had to.

The young canine gave her black fur, which was getting a bit too warm for her taste, a shake, and then looked up at the afternoon sun and squinted before her eyes started burning and she quickly looked away, feeling completely stupid as she shook her elongated head and turned her attention to the other individual. "Also, you haven't introduced yourself, which is impolite," she continued smartly with a stiff nod of her head, an ear twitching after she'd spoken, eyes seeming to bore into his skull before she turned her attention around the run-down area, wondering if perhaps there was maybe something actually lurking in the shadows that she couldn't defeat -- not that she could really fight anything, she was built for sprinting away in small bursts and never turning on something. Chloé let out the smallest of sighs at this thought, thinking that maybe she ought to learn how to fight or something like that, but she shook the thoughts from her head thinking that now she was just dragging them on and she also hope that she didn't miss the other canine's reply while zoning out, paying more attention to her subconscious. Perhaps, in the time that she was thinking, this individual -- who seemed nice enough -- could've slit her throat and made off with her pelt or something. Hmpf. She didn't really know.

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:59 pm

(400) Nero is a bit dramatic...

Nero wasn't sure what to make of the young wolf. She had a lot of spunk to her and seemed to have too much energy for her own good. The company was a reprieve though, even if she was saucy and thought that he was weird. She still seemed like such a pup in his eyes. A long legged, inexperienced wanderer who had left her parents to seek new horizons, perhaps. As she talked, she spoke of her parents briefly and without much consideration. Clearly, she bore no close bonds with whatever family she had. Nero had to envy her, his own family pulled at him so strongly that he could not control himself. The distance between him and blood was driving him mad. Even his father would be a better substitution for the tragic loss of identity he felt being on his own. The luperci smiled cordially, and sat back onto his whiskey colored haunches, finding a comfortable position to keep his lanky lupus body.

"You're right," He agreed smoothly, "I have not introduced myself. I am Nero Napier, a new wanderer to the forests, mountains and coast of Nova Scotia. I am also on a quest of self discovery. My sister is out there and I intend to find her. I will go until my feet are raw and sore." His mini-speech was a bit excessive, he thought, but this little wolf could do little to him and it didn't seem like she had any allies out in these parts. Plus, a little information would keep their conversation going. "Now, I should ask you a similar question, what is your name and quest in these ghostly parts?"

The stories of others had always interested him, though he had a tongue that liked to talk, there was a part of him that was a very content listener. Nero knew that an active listener was more likely to stay alive than one that didn't hear anything. Enemies suddenly had weaknesses and friends became a little closer. Nero hated having the disadvantage so he played his skills and tried to keep himself on top in every situation. He could relax among the company of a small, inexperienced wolf because he was bigger and smarter and had filed every escape in the small room to his memory. And truthfully, what fault was there in a bit of innocent conversation with another wolf.

Nero Napier

Owl
Luperci
LUCEAT LUX VESTRA
Into Darkness

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:16 pm

[WC: 219]

Misty green eyes blinked as the canine began to talk, keen ears taking in his words as quickly as they were spoken, processing them somewhat before just letting them drift off. "Chloé Moineau," she greeted with a tip of her head, tail swishing as she thought up something else to say, jaws parting and the statement, "You prolly wont find her," slipping out into the warm air without her thinking twice about what she was saying, which happened to be one of the numerous flaws she had acquired without someone to tell her not to do so as of late.

Taken aback by her own cruel words, Chloé took a small, hesitant step backwards and drew her head towards her body, crouching submissively and hoping he wouldn't take offense, which seemed unlikely. "I didn't really mean it," she sputtered, sniffling slightly and looking quite offended herself because she was sure she normally wouldn't have said something like that. Once again she took a step backwards, distancing herself from the individual and feeling as if she should dart off because he'd most likely be upset, unless he had guts, or brains. She was obviously a couple years younger than him so maybe he wouldn't take offense. Stupid, stupid, Chloé. A quiet whimper slipped past her jaws, hunching herself backwards further.

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:42 pm

(412) Ooc text here.

Nero was perfectly placid, a picture of peace almost. He was a good guy, Nero has always believed that. Surrounded by anger and treason and death, he had favored himself a peacemaker, unlikely to make war and content with the simpler things in life. Truly, the words of a child should not rouse him in anyway. Chloé, she ws just a bright young face next to him, who had a face that had seen many days and many unhappy moments. But then the words, "You prolly won't find her," said so casually roused within him a black anger.

A previously doubtless and confident mind was shrouded with suspicion that he had not seen before. His kindness, something he had been so acclaimed to, disappeared in almost a moments notice. His emerald eyes darkened as they fixed on the trembling face of the she-wolf. She had seen the error of her ways but he was not in the mood to trifle with apologies and meanings. The seconds seemed to tick by slower, his fur bristled and tan lips lifted bit by bit until bright white fangs were revealed. The synapses that controlled muscle and movement fired rapidly as a great explosion of irrational movement pushed him forward. Even a quick, light footed female would be hard pressed to avoid a lunge of pure violent power. And in almost a flat second, he found himself poised on top of her, snarling like a beast, his eyes like cold chips of glass.

"Do not define me and my actions," he spat, forcefully and furiously into her face. "I will find her and a little fucking brat like you will not tell me otherwise." Nero wanted to teach her that he would not be pushed around by her thoughts, he was his own wolf. A pinpoint of logic drifted in his hazy thoughts and he directed his punishing bite away from her throat, instead he ripped into her shoulder with more malice and pleasure then he had thought possible. The taste of blood and fur, the satisfaction was immediate and laid his mind with almost golden happiness. Nero's thoughts were abstract, bouncing from point to point in his blind rage. But all he could understand was that he had dominated her, shone that her petulance would not be forgiven even if she trembled and whined like a pup. The real world was not a game and she had to watch her tongue.

Nero Napier

Owl
Luperci
LUCEAT LUX VESTRA
Into Darkness

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:05 pm

[WC: 242]

Chloé blinked rapidly, just once, turning her head as if to whirl around before she was pinned to the ground by the much larger wolf, a whimper slipping past her jaws. Her ears pulled backwards with the tips pressed against the ground, attempting to block out his words, which wasn't really useful. Her paws remained still, not trying to do anything about it until he lunged for her shoulder, ripping into the flesh, blood leaking past his teeth. Misty-green eyes averted her attention from his head, and her hind legs pressed upwards, kicking at his underside and scratching at his stomach, though her weak legs didn't do much except tear small scratches.

Another squeak slipped past her jaws, dribbling away since he had yet to let go, jaws snapping together aftwards. Chloé was becoming a bit worried that he wouldn't let go, wriggling about in attempts to free herself, trying to slip out of his grasp -- except for the fact that his teeth were latched on her shoulder -- pressing her leg that hadn't been attacked forwards and lunging in towards one of his paws, attempting to knock it away, which still didn't do much. "Let go!" she demanded weakly, attempting to worm away from Nero. "Please! Please..!" she screeched, trying not to move anymore because of her shoulder, and she didn't want it to be worse than it was; hopefully, not that bad -- hopefully, but her hopes were unlikely.

POSTED: Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:57 pm

(270) Ooc text here.

The taste of blood fueled his actions, making him feel justified. He released his bite and smiled down at her, condescending and gloating of his power over her at the moment. Her feeble kicks did nothing to him other then annoy him. With blood smeared across his jowls, he was a frightful sight. His emerald eyes glowing terribly and his teeth pink from the bite. Slowly, he draw his tongue slowly across his mouth, tasting the fresh blood that covered his lips. "You're delicious, Chloé. I'm not even mad anymore." Green eyes blinked at her, almost innocently though a dark fire raged behind them. At the moment, he felt like forgetting every moral that he had ever placed on himself.

Nero leaned forward, his nose almost touching hers. He pulled in a long agonizingly slow breath and exhaled, letting the hot air roll across her face. Somewhere in the back of his head, he was screaming for himself to stop before things got out of hand. But he was in the moment, pushed forward by a practically benign set of words that he had already forgotten. "Would you like one to match on your other side? Yes?" Nero smirked sadistically and then grinned, teeth shining through the gloom. "With pleasure."

Once again, he sunk his teeth into her opposite shoulder, growling under his breath. Again, the rich taste of blood exploded in his mouth, and he drew back occasionally to lick at the wound. Nero was focused, intent, and savage. Her pitiful pushes and yelps did little but egg him on. Nero would have trouble stopping, he was just having so much fun.

Nero Napier

Owl
Luperci
LUCEAT LUX VESTRA
Into Darkness

POSTED: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:15 am

[WC: 229]

Her lips drew back in a snarl once she got over her fears of him lunging for her throat, since the peculiar individual seemed only interested in her shoulders. Another pathetic whimper drizzled out of her maw, fur glistening with metallic scented blood that stung her nose since there was so much of it. Chloé let out a growl, snapping her jaws and lunging at his throat, just grazing his neck fur the first time before shoving her neck forwards again and catching at a part of his throat, hardly touching anything vital with her teeth that latched into his skin, hoping that this could get him to let go of her shoulder.

She nearly let go, gagging at the taste of blood seeping past her fur and dripping into her mouth, staining teeth that'd appeared so, so clean for so long and hadn't actually attacked anything except the occasional rabbit. Chloé let a muffled growl stream past her throat, hardly enjoying the feel of her teeth digging around in places that hopefully wouldn't hurt too much. Ever so slowly, her strength trickled away, eyes misting over -- God, she hated this -- with her grip loosening. Her jaws parted, snapped together again around nothing but air, and her head fell backwards pathetically with nothing but a groan as the side of her face smacked against the harsh ground.

Dead Topics