all there is.

p: Attila | borders

POSTED: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:24 pm

With one of her sons safely returned home and one of her daughters now walking about on two legs (two!) Tayui felt like her life had been a strange whirlwhind of sudden occurrences and surprises. She was happy to have Auguste back, but still wondered why had had left in the first place. She had always known that he was quieter than the rest of his siblings, but they weren't all that bad. Certainly, Carya was rambunctious, Andira was outgoing, and Valérian was curious -- but she didn't think their personalities had to clash that much. She still fretted over whether this was her or Anu's fault. And worse, she seethed when she thought how one of Colibri's girls had permitted him to remain in New Dawn without telling them. She held more of the responsibility than Auguste did. Given his age, she had suspected he had ventured out on his own, but it had quickly become clear that he had left on his own accord.

Now more than ever, she wished that she could return home. However, in addition to her duties to her mate and children, she had duties to the pack. If they wanted Vinátta to be safe and lively, they all had to contribute.

With a heavy heart, she meandered along the border lines, slowly making her way south as she rounded past the lake. She was glad that the last stretch, where the borders neared Sangi'lak, had not yielded any confrontations. She still thought their little spat was silly, more so since Bran had bothered her and Croatoan, but would still protect Vinátta if it came to it -- obviously.

The air was hot and humid and it made her thick fur, visibly thinner in the summer, feel heavy and hot. She panted she she trotted, testing the air to locate the nearest stream or brook.

Tammi
Luperci
FADE TO NOTHING
al niente

POSTED: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:47 pm

asdfghjl yay, this table is awesome~ best prize ever

Attila's plush fur had moulted fairly quickly some few weeks back, mostly due to the boredom. He'd spent the majority of his spare time picking the snowy clumps of fur out of his pelt. And leaving them scattered around Claudius's hut like an ersatz carpet. The fur around his pink scars was already short, and now snippets of his pale skin could be seen under it. Slightly underfed, his ribs poke out of his chest and there where dips in his muscles where the teeth and claws of his 'enemies' had lain there mark. As he waited at the borders, he subconsciously went to tug at the neck line of his jacket. However the familiar black item had been long discarded by Claudius and therefore Attila grasped at nothing. Nothing to cover up the majority of those dreadful scars. A flash of panic went through his brain. What would Tayui say? Attila stepped back, catching his breath and urging himself to stay where he stood.

And it was not long before the woman herself passed by. Or more or less her scent. Attila guessed she must've walk by just about hidden by the bank between them, he himself just down wind of her. Clambering over the bank with a youthful grin, he peered over the edge, 'Mama!'

WC: ###
Image by rachelfordjames@Flickr
Attila Aston
There are wounds that never show on the body
that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:15 am

The last thing she had expected to see lingering near the borders of her new home was one of her oldest sons. She had to do a double-take at first even though his scent confirmed that it was him and he was here. Sometimes she found herself taking on small human-like characteristics even though she wasn’t a human. She wondered if it was because of her two-legged form, as it was decidedly more humanistic.

Of course, all of her internal rambling about humans and scents was just a way to prolong the realization that her son had returned to her. She had never any doubt that Claudius would remain, stodgy and unmoving in AniWaya, but for Attila, she had always worried. He had been lost in the fight with Salsola and Tayui had tried to keep her hope alive, but sometimes it was hard. Sometimes, it was too much. But she had never stopped believing that he was alive.

Although her reaction was delayed, she broke out into a wide grin and bounded forward. Were she on two legs, she would have swept him up into her arms, but on four legs, she wagged her tail furiously and immediately surrounded her son with her body, trying to nuzzle him and inspect him all at once.

“Attila, sweetie, I missed you so much,” she said, still trying to process this new gift.

Edit: typo
Last edited by Tayui Aston on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tammi
Luperci
FADE TO NOTHING
al niente

POSTED: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:33 pm

oh attila... you poor thing...

As his mother embraced him, or attempted to, he wasn't sure what to say or do. He lingered for a moment, staring blankly as he began to crouch in an almost robotic fashion. Slow and buffering like an old computer. A skipping disc. After a moment, however, he broke from his stupor and wrapped his scarred arms tightly around the woman. 'Mama' he repeated again, his voice childlike. Attila recognised this with a soft frown on his face, correcting himself with 'Mother...' and pulling away to look her in the eyes. This was a challenging thing for him to do. He only held her gaze for a second before breathing in rapidly and turning his head away as he sat on the soft dirt before. Eye contact was something he'd not yet relearned. Neither had conversation skills, it became quickly obvious as silence filled the yard or so between the pair. Attila pulled his knees up to his chin and sat there in voiceless petulance.

The first true words he spoke we an apology. A mumbled, 'I'm sorry...' and that broke his resolve. A high pitched whine left his snout. The phrase was repeated again, hurried and piteous. Words merged into syllables until he no longer had the energy to speak up. Another moment passed, and he lapped his tongue around his mouth, casting the dryness away and restarting with new words. 'You could've been killed. Because of me'. Attila was deluded by his own false strengths. He truly believed that by him failing in his battles, he was putting everyone at risk. Because he couldn't protect them. Although he may have been the solider before, in his and Claudius' childhood games, his strength was no match for the battlefield. He was no warrior. 'Everyone could've...'

WC: ###
Image by rachelfordjames@Flickr
Attila Aston

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:13 pm

It seemed to take him a moment before he was able to process, too, what she was doing and return her affection. When he did, Tayui nearly had the wind knocked out of her; his hug was just that strong. She nuzzled him and wrapped her neck and head around one arm to offer her own version of a hug.

When he spoke, she could tell immediately that something was not well. Nothing had ever been well for a long time and Attila had always been flighty at worse and full of wanderlust at best. But she knew her son and she knew the tone. He sounded scared almost and worried for sure. When he pulled back to examine her, her heart broke. What had happened to him?

He mumbled his apology and she began to speak, but paused to hear what he had to say. She wouldn’t drown him out. Whatever he had to say, she wanted to hear it.

“Oh no sweetie, I—I’m just glad you’re okay. It was difficult and some of us were hurt, but that’s what you get when you sign up for this sort of thing. You were never required to—I, I shouldn’t have made you feel like you had to. I’m sorry too,” she replied. She had nearly lost one son because she couldn’t let go of her daughter.

Tammi
Luperci
FADE TO NOTHING
al niente

POSTED: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:56 pm

i will never, ever die, in their circuits i can survive

'No, no no!' he said, raising his voice, 'It wasn't you! It was never your fault! You were entitled to revenge, we all were...' Attila dropped his head, before letting pale blue eyes raise again. 'Claudius can't protect you. It falls to me'. And in a flash of mild sexism, he disregarded the fact that neither Tayui nor Anu needed protecting. And sometimes, aside from the before mentioned sexism, he didn't even regard Oce as any relation to him. 'I'm just glad you're fine... Did any one get-' he choked, 'Seriously hurt?' Attila looked away and smiled briefly. 'You know, aside from me...' But the smile wasn't long lived, or particularly sincere.

'I, uh. I met Carya the other day...' the greyscale male mentioned. This time a small, genuine grin graced his lips. 'I like her. I think you an Anu did a good job'. Children, along with family in general, were Attila's weakness. It was his single, 'unmanly' desire to one day have pups of his own. Of course, he'd never voice this in fear of appearing weak. Carya was a new life to watch grow up, another little princess to play the big brother to. He'd missed that feminine atmosphere after all. 'We played hide and seek near the borders when I first came'.

*CLAUDIUS SLAMMING* and Carya praising~

Attila Aston

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:48 pm

Tayui had carried that guilt with her ever since telling Anatole what she'd done. He'd asked her why she hadn't asked for his help and she told him she didn't want to ask too much of him. But that had only made her wonder if she had asked too much of Attila and that was why he had disappeared. She still didn't quite know why, but if his mangled fur and thin frame were anything to judge, he hadn't had an easy time, either. No matter what had happened, her heart ached terribly just thinking about what he had gone through.

She frowned at his jab at Claudius. It seemed as though he still wasn't over making fun of his brother. She opened her mouth to rebuff the comment, but he continued on and she listened, a little more annoyed than she had been before.

Although earlier, she might have just felt sad when he asked if anyone had been hurt, with his jab against Claudius, now he seemed foolish. Of course others had been hurt; that was what happened in battle. Perhaps he was being polite, but now he seemed daft. She supposed it was mean to think this, especially since he had only just returned to her, but she didn't like how he picked on his brother.

She nodded when he mentioned Carya and swished her tail in agreement when he complimented her and Anu's parenting.

"That's cute," she commented immediately, not even thinking that his manliness might be hurt. It was plain old cute, she was getting older, and she was going to call it like she saw it. "I'm glad you're getting along with Carya," she added pointedly, giving him a look that indicated that she hadn't forgotten about his jab about his brother. "She's a bundle of energy, that's for sure. Did she tell you about your other brothers and sisters?"

Tammi
Luperci
FADE TO NOTHING
al niente

POSTED: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:03 pm

Naturally, he didn't mean to say anything bad about Claudius. But Attila had once been the dominant brother, confident, athletic. And now he felt overshadowed by the stuttering man. He ran a pack. He ha a mate. He was revered within said pack. And despite the fact it took him practically twice as long to say something as Attila, the gloved male figured that he probably had more friends than him. His words were childish, and despite their intent, it did nothing to make him feel any better.

Attila shrugged, 'I was kinda robbed of sisters...' he said blankly. 'I have to make the most of it.' Perhaps it as a slightly dark attitude to have, but it wasn't because he was in a bad mood. More simple because he was thinking. 'And no, she didn't he replied, 'Well, she mentioned names...' Attila turned back to her with a bland smile.
Attila Aston

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:02 am

Tayui felt a pang of sadness at his words. Indeed, they had lost Noir early on, but Claudius had told her that Ocèane was careful to check in fairly often. It seemed as though her wanderlust took her far away, but she still never forgot her family and always returned to them. Sometimes, he said, it seemed as though Oce intended to stay for good this time, but then she’d remember what had compelled her to leave in the first place and by dawn of the next day, she was ready to leave.

But ultimately, she—and Attila, too—always returned to them.

“Well, you’re here now so you can make the most of it, too. I mean that in a good way: I’m sure the rest of the puppies would love to meet you. There’s Carya, who you’ve already met and another girl named Andira. We have two boys: Auguste and Valérian. Auguste’s quiet, sort of like Claudius, and Val’s always finding trouble. Well, they all are in their own ways.” She smiled as she thought about this. Each was an individual and each was individually curious. “I owe it all to the raid on Salsola, too, I guess. I found Anu after the attack failed. So it’s not all bad. I’ve got them and now I’ve got you.” The fondness in her voice was obvious by now: she was so glad that they had returned to her.

Tammi
Luperci
FADE TO NOTHING
al niente

Dead Topics