Hoof Beats Thunder Through

Attila

POSTED: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:28 am

WC: 354 OOC: in the afternoon sometime at the stables :3

Saqui was as busy as she had ever been. Herb plants were in season and there was plenty of those to dry and get ready for the medicine men as well as cooks, if there were ever any. Saqui spent most of her morning and afternoon just doing that as well as finding berry bushes. Many of them weren't entirely ripe yet but they were getting to it. She couldn't wait. Once she did that she knew she would have to feed the animals and care for them. She wouldn't get to all of them she knew, but she always tried her best. She usually left the owned horses to their masters but when she saw neglect... even if unintentional she treated that horse.

It wasn't just the horses she had to care for. There were cows and calves of their kind as well. The livestock was growing and she wondered how soon it was that they could butcher the animals. She walked back to the stables, having left Mirage with her new born colt. The little thing had given the mare a hard time at birth, the drark brown foal was quite a big animal. Saqui couldn't remember the heard stallion being that big. Once in the familiar scent of horses and cows came to her nostrils she felt at home. The stables were huge, big enough to house many horses and cows and a few other things here and there. She had remembered the hurricane that had taken down much of its roof and the repair it took, though she was unable to help with that.

Taking out a brush box she started with the first working horse in the stalls. She would brush down the animal and then take him or her out to clean out their box and put in fresh hay. One by one she would let the animals out as the day progressed, humming a cheery tune and all in all in a happy mood. She had been this way since she was mated with Claudius and she hoped it would last until the day she passed on.

Shawchert
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:56 pm

Vida has so many things to say!

'You're a stupid animal...' Attila hissed at the gelding... 'Stupid... Shovel!' he cursed,in what he assumed was French, but he'd never really mastered the language and to him cheval just sounded like shovel. He tugged on the horse's reins, muttering to himself as he continued towards the stables, a fresh scrape on his cheek. Why on earth did people ride these monsters? The animal tried everything to avoid moving, pulled his head up, pulled back, stopped outright, and did they stupid little jumpy things to try to brake Attila's grip. But while Attila was mentally, and physically damaged to some extent, he was strong enough to keep a more or less solid grip on the horse's reins.

Though as soon as they got within the clearing of the stables, Attila threw down the reins with a huff and let the gelding trot off with a displeased huff. 'Stupid animal...' he hissed again, pacing over to the water trough, but turning away as soon as he saw the slimy surface of the water. 'I'm not drinking that...' Attila mused, as he sat down on a stump of wood, rubbing his cheek and inspecting the blood on his finger tips. Why? Why did all this crap always have to happen to him?

WC: ###
Image by rachelfordjames@Flickr
Attila Aston
There are wounds that never show on the body
that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm

The last horses Saqui had to work on was her own and the little colt. He was friendly, though still skittish. He loved his mom more than he cared for Saqui, though she was working with him. So she brushed him out first. That way he was with his mother the whole time. He tried nibbling at the brush when he could reach it and swish his little tail at Saqui when he couldn’t, though he never touched her. Saqui couldn’t help but grin. Once done with him she brushed out Mirage and was thankful the mare was giving her son a good example of how a horse reacted to a good brushing. She was so comfortable her head drooped a little and had half closed eyes. Saqui being finished let the two out and set to work on cleaning of the stall they shared together.

After finishing she left the stall and was headed out to the pasture just to watch the horses, but was distracted when she heard someone grumbling. Curious she looked around to find her roommate Attila who had a smear of blood on his fur and was looking at his hand. Concern filled Saqui and she walked to the man “Osiyo Attila, is everything alright?” She asked her face showing her concern.

Shawchert
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:10 am

he walks away, the sun goes down

'No, it's not alright...' he grumbled softly, watching her for a second before lowering his gaze to the blood on his finger tips. Bloody horse. 'Just get that thing away from me before I turn it into a steak...' He gave a customary glare towards the horse, who stood casually a few metres away. Chewing the grass like a good little horsie... Liar. Attila hated that horse. In fact, he hated all horses. And he simply couldn't see why people kept them as pets. They were, too big, loud and messy and that far outweighed the positive properties they had.

'I'm fine...' he said after a while, wiping his face away more. 'Just a little bit roughed up, that's all' he assured her. Reclining back against the fence with a sigh. 'The moron threw me off. He wasn't doing what I wanted him to do...' He probably would have, had Attila been directing the horse correctly in the first place.

Out of character comments go here! +000 words

Attila Aston
There are wounds that never show on the body
that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 pm

Saqui could tell that her new friend was angry, and it seemed to be toward the horse that was only a few meters away looking at him, with what she could tel was an insulent look. She sighed; "Let me see your wound." She said, holding out her hand as he explained his situation. Her face was serious and she showed no ander nor malice nor any emotion other than mild interest. "What were you trying to make him do? Were you riding him, trying to turn him stop, go?" She asked curiously. She had not hand in the healing arts but if he allowed her to she would clean up his wounds as well as anyone could do.

She was also interested in why the horse would not listen to him. Most of the horses were well trained here, even if she had not trained them herself. This one she didn't know well. What ever the reason she wanted to help. "I have been dumped a few times... my mare does it to me every now and then when she thinks i'm getting too cocky." Saqui said in a matter of fact tone. Even a master horseman like she was, fell, everyone fell. A horse was as unpredictable as any luperci. She would figure it out when she could and then set things right. If the horse had a hard mouth ... well that would take time to fix, if Attila had given bad directions or wrong ones that confused the horse it was up to Saqui to show him right, at least that's what she thought for both the safety of the wolf (most of all) and the horse.

Shawchert
Luperci

Dead Topics