Looking for Heaven

AW - Joining

POSTED: Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:47 pm

OOC: Dated 16th June

Player Name: Myst
Character Name: Aspen
Date of Birth: 23 February 2011
Species: Wolfdog (Alaskan Archipelago Wolf/Old English Sheepdog)
Personality Traits: shy, submissive, kind, quiet, cautious
Skills: herding, fishing, cooking, novice arrowhead crafting
NPC Characters/Animals: none yet
Residence: Jordheim, number 12, please?

IC:
Pacing slowly back and forth at the Vinátta border, Aspen couldn’t believe she was doing this. She wasn’t even sure she wanted to. Joining a new pack? What if they weren’t what they seemed? Sure, she’d met some members, but, except for Xander, they were all fairly young. But this was where Xander had said he was going, and he had been nice enough. Maybe it was a good idea.

She sat down to rest on some grass, flattened by her walking over it multiple times, and lifted her right paw off the ground. It had been several days since she’d been injured in a fight, and there were thin slash marks across her right shoulder, down almost to her chest. They weren’t the worst wounds she’d ever had, and while they’d heal, they were in an awkward spot that made walking painful. Each step pulled on them as they healed, slowing the process.

The wounds were also the reason she was doing this. Protection. She knew she needed the protection that should come with a pack, but what if what she had to offer in return wasn’t good enough? Her fighting skills were only so-so, and she wasn’t exactly outgoing. What if they just turned out like her first pack?

With a sigh, Aspen stood took a couple of steps parallel with the border and then sat back down again. This had to be done. She needed them. The wolfdog opened her maw to howl, but no sound came out. She sighed again. Aiming to get someone’s attention wasn’t something she was in the habit of doing and she just couldn’t bring herself to howl.

For a few more minutes, Aspen simply sat and stared into the packlands. This could be her home. The idea of a home wasn’t something she had thought about having, but now it could be real. She had to do this. Taking a deep breath, Aspen lifted her head again and this time managed a howl, then she gingerly laid down to wait.
Aspen

Myst
Luperci Livestock Manager + Cook + Stable Hand Head of the Starfa Tier
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
because it's all i have today
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:22 pm

((ooc: hope you don't mind Chloé greeting her! :D))
[WC: 305]

So far, from what she could see - Chloé had only traveled less than a quarter of the borders surrounding Vinátta, checking them out and making sure there was nothing peculiar going on - the borders were fairly quiet, littered with the scents of the recent array of joiners that had come to Vinátta, a few of them newer than her, though not many. Her paws were somewhat worn from how much she walked each day, wandering around peacefully and examining different territories that she'd begun to know, although most of them were unfamiliar.

As she continued, the girl (who was walking on four legs today, as she normally did) noticed an unfamiliar scent. As soon as she picked it up, the wolf began moving faster, pausing with a twitching nose every few yards before she came across the figure out a wolf, or dog - most likely a mix of the two. One of her ears flicked and she approached somewhat cautiously, attempting to lean down and glance at her Frithr necklace that she admired quite a bit and was dangling around her neck, although she couldn't see it too well and instead let out a sigh.

Chloé continued to move towards the figure, which was getting bigger as she approached. As soon as she'd gotten fairly close to the individual, she paused, sniffing the air for a moment and looking at the individual with wide eyes. "Hi!" she greeted, far less enthusiastic than the greeting would have been to one of her pack-mates, although it was still nice since she didn't want to go around driving off any potential joiners. "What brings you here?" she asked, though remembered that she'd be better off introducing herself as well, so the girl continued. "Oh, and I'm Chloé Moineau," she introduced with a smile.

POSTED: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:49 pm

OOC: Works for me! :D

IC:
As she waited, Aspen wondered if her howl had been loud enough to be heard. She didn’t have to wait too long, though, before another female approached. Aspen’s ears fell back in an automatic submissive posture and she carefully avoided eye contact, though this canine wasn’t exactly what she had been expecting. Not that Aspen really knew what to expect; this process was completely new to her, and not knowing what was going to happen made her uncomfortable and anxious. She really just wanted this to be over with, one way or another.

Then the female, Chloe as Aspen soon learned, spoke and Aspen realized that she would actually have to explain why she was here. She hadn’t thought about it at first, but of course it made sense now. For all they knew, she would only be looking for trade, or some sort of help. Aspen glanced up from the ground, where she remained on her belly, trying not to lick her lips in her nervousness. Aspen was already second-guessing this decision, even with no reason to.

“Aspen,” her voice cracked halfway through her short name and she cleared her throat. “I’m Aspen, and I’m, um, I’m looking to join your pack.” Aspen shifted uncomfortably, both from her wounds and talking to a strange wolf, but she didn’t want to make a bad impression. She had no idea what rank this female might hold. ”Well, if you’ll have me, that is.” Aspen was still nervous that she wouldn’t have enough to offer a pack to earn her keep.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:28 pm

((ooc: Gonna tell Honey/Saul about the thread now :D))
[WC: 250]

The young wolf gave a nod of her black-furred head, misty green eyes blinking briefly at the lighter colored canine. "Well, it's nice to meet you Aspen!" she said, giving a friendly wag of her tail as she spoke. Her tongue lolled out of her mouth for a moment before she clasped her jaws together again, attempting to think up any other questions that she would be able to ask of the other individual, though it seemed as if most of them were left for Saul or one of the other leaders to ask when they came.

"It's awesome that you're wanting to join," she stated, still smiling at the other female, about to call one of the leaders of the pack to accept or deny the girl. "Uhmm.. I'll call Saul or Colbri now!" she stated, glancing around the area where they stood before lifting her head upwards and letting out a howl, attempting to make it as loud as she could so that someone who would be able to accept the girl would be able to hear it. She lowered her head, face turning towards Aspen afterwards and coal nose twitching at her unfamiliar scent mingling with the Vináttan scent at the borders. "I'm pretty sure there are no other questions that I have to ask you before calling one of the leaders, because they'll probably ask you some that I don't really.. know," she continued somewhat shyly, looking downwards at her paws for a short moment.

POSTED: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:26 pm

OOC: great!!

IC:
Chloé's friendliness brought a small smile to Aspen's face and her tail wagged a little, thumping quietly against the ground. However, it wasn't the females of the pack that Aspen was specifically worried about. From her own experiences, it was the males that would make her wary.

"It's nice to meet you, too," Aspen replied honestly in a quiet voice. So far, all the members had made a good impression and Aspen was really hoping the rest were the same. "Okay," she nodded, figuring the canines named Saul and Colbri must be the leaders. Chloé's bowl was much louder than her own, and it made her wonder if hers had even carried far enough into the parklands to be heard by many of them.

"Oh, yes, probably," Aspen nodded. "That's okay." Right, questions. She knew she would have to answer some but until now, Aspen hadn't really thought about what they might be, other than maybe basic 'what sort of skills do you have?' ones. Now she was thinking she would have to talk more about herself. It made sense, but doing so was something she generally avoided. For this, of course, she would give as much information as she could.

Aspen's posture remained submissive and she shifted uncomfortably to keep more weight on her left elbow while she waited again for the next canine to show up.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:09 pm

Secui - thank you for setting this before the current plot, i really appreciate it! [467]

The recent influx of new members into Vinátta had left the grey Virding a little off-kilter. He liked knowing everyone in the pack, their strengths and weaknesses and their interests. It was his interest and duty as a leader to know his members as such and while he'd accepted all of the members into their ranks, he still felt like there were strangers living in his pack. He knew from experience that the feeling would lessen when he'd seen them around more, got to know them better and otherwise grew comfortable with their presence and scents. For now, he was content to make himself available around the pack and making sure that Shiloh was doing alright with the pups. It had been a shock to the system, when Niernan had returned with the now-named Dreyma. Grace's daughter. The fury at the golden woman had lessened slightly, but he couldn't miss the hurt in Niernan's eyes. The little black girl seemed to fit in seamlessly however and Saul accepted her as equally as Abigail and Alessan.

A howl cut through the air and he lifted his head, sniffing quickly. The scent was a foreigner, the wind blowing in the right way to allow him to pick up subtle feminine scents and the wild aroma he associated with a loner. Another new member? It seemed as though the influx had come on all at once, the summer months prosperous for the Viking pack. His body remained on all fours, his bulkier Secui form the least used but occasionally indulged in when he wanted a little more heft. Setting off, he settled into a loping run that he knew he could maintain for hours, his endurance built over the years of his life. Another howl cut through the air, one only very recently familiar. Chloé, at the borders it seemed. For a moment, he considered the land mine that could be; Chloé probably knew little about their culture or procedures for new members. But a flash of gratitude chased the doubt away; she'd called for him afterall and a small smile washed over his lips as he thought of the helpful Risna.

Pushing himself further, he emerged from the trees to find the dark female who'd called him and the lighter female who'd called in the first place. Slowing to a friendlier pace, the male kept his head raised and tail in a dominant position as he took up a position beside Chloé. "Thank you for calling, Chloé. I'm Saul, Vinátta's leader." He waited briefly to be introduced to the girl, before turning to Chloé. "What have you learned from our guest here?" His control of the situation was immediate, looking to the dark girl who'd first greeted the other to discover what she'd found out about the girl.

image (c) chrisstangier on flickr

Honey
Luperci
it is written
spread your wings

POSTED: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:08 pm

[WC: 190]

Patiently, the girl waited for one of the leaders to come so that they could talk to Aspen as well. When Saul arrived she let out a somewhat relieved exhale, though it was hardly noticeable, and tipped her head to the other canine, wagging her tail a couple times as well and noting how much more massive he was than her in his Secui form. When he spoke, Chloé cringed a bit - not a noticeable amount, but she did - since she hadn't been able to think up any other questions that she should ask Aspen.

"She said that she wants to join," the pitch black wolf stated somewhat sheepishly and rather simply - it seemed like it'd be something obvious though she threw it out there anyways - and glanced over at Aspen, twitching her nose a few times. "I didn't know what else to ask," she added, quieter again, glancing downwards at her paws with one of her ears flicking, head lowered a bit. At least she'd tried to greet somebody at the borders - maybe if she greeted someone another time she'd ask plenty of questions.

POSTED: Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:39 pm

OOC: No problem!

IC:
The next canine to arrive we much larger than Aspen and she couldn't help but hunch back a little bit. Her ears remained against her head and this time she couldn't stop herself from nervously licking her lips. The wolfdog averted his eyes as he spoke. His dominant posture drew out her submissiveness even more, but at the same time it was comforting to know, or at least be able to assume for the time being, that this pack had a solid leader.

"I'm Aspen," she told him before he talked to his packmate. Aspen looked over at Chloé while she answered and felt a little bad for her since she looked a bit uncomfortable, at least in Aspen's opinion. She figured she could offer some more information since the other female hadn't asked for any, though she remained unsure of exactly what all Saul would be wanting to know.

"I um, I can herd livestock and I can fish, as well as some other things," she swallowed before asking him, "What questions did you um, want me to answer?"
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:00 am

Welcome to Vinátta!

Joining a new pack can be nerve-racking! Here are few tips and tricks to get you started. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.

• Our information portal is a good place to get familiar with our ranks and pack game!
  • Why not get to know your new pack mates by creating an AW thread?
  • Would you like your character to feature on our member page ? Contact us with the information we require, and we’ll have you up there ASAP!
  • Don't forget to look over our ranks page and take note of how to rise in the ranks (shown in the side bar).
  • Our pack’s core values are based off Norse mythology, you might want to take a look at our website’s culture page to better inform yourself and avoid any confusion!

Any additional concerns can always be directed to Honey and Miyu via the OOC account here! Looking forward to RPing with you!

Join us Check out the Souls Wiki

Candace

POSTED: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:01 am

Secui - i succck, sorry my lovelies! [--]

He knew his Secui form was much more formidable than his lupus even if he didn't mean for it to be. As he approached he saw Chloé almost cringe away, her body shrinking smaller. The other female seemed to follow suit as well, a much more submissive posture taking over her body. Saul didn't usually demand submission from others and he wasn't overly dominant. But it usually expressed itself when he was on the borders, the need to assert himself as a strong leader. She introduced herself, identifying her as Aspen and he nodded gently before he heard Chloé's words. Glancing down at her, he noticed her awkwardness, reinforced by the uncertainty in her voice. Leaning down, her attempted to touch his nose to her shoulder, a non-verbal reassurance that she wasn't in the wrong.

"A pleasure to meet you Aspen." He offered with a smile, just before she spoke once more, giving some of her skills and asking about what questions he had. "Well, you just answered one of them. I wanted to know about your skills and interests, what you have that could benefit Vinátta." She might have more to give, so he gave her the opportunity before plowing onwards. "And I wished to know where you came from? Where your family are. If there is any trouble following you to our borders?" He knew that question was often hard to answer, so he allowed her time to answer him with a patient look to his face.

image (c) chrisstangier on flickr

Honey
Luperci
it is written
spread your wings

Dead Topics