[M] What Fortune Offers

POSTED: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:15 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

ooc:

• Setting:Late Afternoon
  • Location: Heading toward the base of Mt. Oromocto from Chignecto
  • Form: Optime
  • Her morning errand had begin long before the sunrise; before the mourning doves would let their woeful songs ascend. It was before her children stirred awake, but certainly not before the ever vigilant Rain went off to begin his pack duties. It was before the Shepard had the chance to be missed, and it was in this hour that she began her foraging for flora and greens.

Her path took her to the better parts of Chignecto, just within the reach of the Fort to the wilds nestled there. She began her thorough search through the thick parting branch and bush and tree to strange and familiar looking flora. And when acquired she placed them within a small basket strapped securely across her back making for an easier deposit from earth to woven reeds. The task was simple and took hours from the day, just long enough for the woman to see the rise of the sun and feel the dew collect within lengthy mane and earth hued paws. Her hands were caked with the fragrance of the earth, never failing to surface a smile upon her weathered maw. Her spirit was calm, content as the sun would rise to greet the day. A spurt of warmth promising another bout of heat, yet the drifting clouds foretold of the plentiful shade to come. And certainly by the afternoon, it would come to pass as if told by the Ancestors.

Feeling her basket weighed with the success of the forage, the Shepard turned toward her mountain home... but not without a glance behind toward the Halycon mountains. Undoubtedly her Sister would have had to cross the base of the mountain on her journey towards the South. Her fondest home when out to the Exultare, hoping that her journey was fare weathered and with ease. Two days now had passed since her departure, and with the hours that passed, the Shepard felt the absence of the woman all the more. But she had faith the traveler would return without harm. She need only wait with anticipations of good news. Reminding herself of her patience the Nomad turned her sights toward home. With basket snuggly shouldered and wild mane bound tight in cascading knots in a gathered mess, she pressed onward in leisurely stride toward home, humming lightly to herself a song of old.

— words.
    Last edited by X'yrin Exultare on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zyn
    Luperci SoSuWriMo 2012 Champion!
    Femme d'automne

POSTED: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Attila had left AniWaya some few days ago. Without warning, in all honesty, he'd slipped away from Claudius' hut in the midday sun. He really had to get his own place. It hadn't taken him long to regret no taking a horse with him. All the way up the other side of Nova Scotia and on his last legs. Thankfully he'd taken his own satchel, pack full with meat and water canteens. Tied to the side of it was his tomahawk, the only weapon he'd wanted to bring with him. Attila was close to a pack, one which he couldn't place a name on. While he was aware of a number of packs, he didn't care to know their names unless they held significance to him.

Blue eyes hit the form of the sun coloured creature, tall and Amazonian. A 'Hello tumbled from his lips before he could stop himself. Perhaps it was his lack of energy that made him crave company, just in case he collapsed. That way he wouldn't be so much in risk of choking on his own sick while unconscious. Attila mused that if he was going to die today, that was probably the way it'd end up. Of course, he didn't want that to happen. 'Hello' he repeated, softer this time.

ooc chat goes here [000]

Images courtesy of dawnthieves & xnienke, Template by Aso

Attila Aston
    There are wounds that never show on the body
    that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

Vida~
    Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:18 pm

ooc:

• The song of her forebearers came to an abrupt pause as stout auds swiveled around at the progression of sound. The unmistakable march of traveling paws with a rhythm to suggest a tired, well-traveled pace. Coupled with the rhythm were the lyrics of greeting; sound at first as if hailing for her attention, then lowering to a softer octave once autumnal crown turned fully to greet him.

Wild wisps of white against the stark glimmer of summer's high noon, illuminating the wintry curls weather-worn. The swiftest glance beheld the scars that littered the towering creature where fur had failed to retake the wound. A closing distance by careful strides led one's eyes to the gentle inclinations of age. The finely whiskered maw that would not yet take a youth coupled with the coloration of fur that suggested a life had in wild and sun. She appraised his stature from beneath her unkempt forelocks of red, til an umber glove saw fit to comb the veil away. Yet it was for naught, as the female dipped her head politely in greeting, returning the fringe to its place before her amber eyes.

"Goodday to you," she smiled gently. "Were you in need, wanderer?" She assume the like of him given the strong aroma of the wild that encompassed. And as her home was known to border the mountain, finding travelers that wished to cross it never ceased.

— words.

Zyn
    Femme d'automne

POSTED: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:52 am

Attila watched the autumn coloured woman with cautious blue eyes, much pale that even the sky that morning. He forced himself to close the distance, meeting the woman, who matched his stature, a metre away. No he said, quickly. I'm fine. Just travelling around I suppose... he answered softly. Granted it was a hell of a long distance to be travelling, AniWaya to what he didn't know was Sangi'lak. And to be travelling without reason was not only odd, but it could be considered as downright suspicious. What is this place? he questioned, averting his gaze for a lengthy while, sky blues watched the sky, the trees, every feature in the environment around him.

Forgetting his introductions was a rude thing, and as soon as he remembered, he sought to correct himself. My name is Attila. Attila Aston... The tribesman said with a blush, partly concealed by fur. I'm from AniWaya... he added quietly. For some reason that he couldn't fathom, he felt shy and deeply wanted to bolt and run away from any interactions. But he thought better.
    Attila Aston

Vida~
    Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:17 am

ooc:

• Slipping her opposable digits beneath the bands of her basket, she took careful steps toward the male then paused. Granted their proximity was not uncomfortable, the Shepard maintained a generous berth should he find her presence jarring. It would not have been the first instance a wanderer was taken off by her size. But she kept her smile polite and her posture open, offering a subtle glimpse of her unmarred side to exhibit a harmless intent.

"This is Chig-" she began, then paused as the pale one quickly offered his name in continued greeting. And how pleasantly surprised was she to hear the pack of his origin. "AniWaya?" she softly exclaimed, with tail dancing with mirth stirring the loose rebellious strands of auburn locks. "Truly it is a pleasure to meet you Attila Aston." Humbly the Shepard lowered her muzzle. "I am X'yrin of Sangi'lak," with an excited sweep, she gestured to the looming mountain with an opened hand. "The Ancestors must be smiling to bring forth this day with good fortune; it was only a few suns past that my Sister set off to find your pack in hope of trade." The woman stepped closer smiling as if given a wonderful present in the form of wintry fur. Perhaps this was a positive sign from their Ancestors.

"You must have traveled far," she continued. "Have you come to trade? Visit the outpost perhaps?" It would not have surprised her in the slightest, after all so many exchanges took part and drew others from all around to trade at the settlement of the peninsula.

— words.
    Last edited by X'yrin Exultare on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zyn
    Femme d'automne

POSTED: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:40 pm

Attila was quite taken aback by her enthusiasm. He still had no idea where he was, as X'yrin had cut herself off to enthuse over his homepack. Uh, no... he said, I'm not here to trade... That's not really my thing... The scar ridden wolf blinked quitely, waiting to gauge her reaction before carrying on. I. Uh. Aparently I have a very migratory personality... he grinned dryly. He waiting again, before explaining himself, I don't like staying in one place for too long...' It was a true miracle, and wonder, that Attila had stayed in AniWaya again for this long. Even though he yearned to move on, he wanted to prove himself.

I was just wandering... he reiterated softly. He figured he might go see his mother, but aside from that he had nothing to do. Nowhere to stay. Nothing on his calendar essentially. Blue eyes looked across to the Amazon again and Attila let a hand rest upon his elbow as his arms crossed over his chest. Even now he wasn't used to his scars...
    Attila Aston

Vida~
    Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:04 pm

The reason for their encounter had not been what she had hoped, but the reality of it would not dampen her spirits in the slightest. It was enough to see a new face from the pack they desired to reach out to. She looked upon his presence as a shimmering pale light of opportunity to come. Coincidence or not, she chose to believe it was an endeavor blessed by the ever watchful eyes of their bearers.

She listened to the tribesman with eager ears swiveling, occasionally flickering back to the merry calls of the summer birds out for the afternoon. Her tail swayed at leisure to complement her towering stature to keep herself balanced; a practice learned ever since she was a pup and carried with her still as an instinctual behavior. One could assume, even by the swiftest glance, that she was swaying gently to the rhythm of nature itself. And as a dancer would glide, so did the woman step forward not directly but around, maintaining a harmless intent as she neared him still. "You have a wanderer's spirit," her tail whisked gaily though her voice remained light and eased. "Where I hailed from is known to have many of your likeness. It was a quality that bound us together for generations, and allowed us to cross great distances of land. It is wonderful that you have not lost that spirit. You should smile for it," she coaxed him gently, tipping her muzzle down just a little as if to pry his gaze from the earth to better meet her own.

Her eyes would shift briefly to the concealing gesture of the male. But as she found no clothing over him to cover what he did not wish to be seen, she assumed carefully that perhaps there was an ailment that needed tending, but thought better than to ask lest she unintentionally offer him insult. She knew the pride of a male often exceeded her own.

— words.

Zyn
    Femme d'automne

POSTED: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:21 pm

His tail flickered slightly, while he was thankful for the kind words about something he called a nuisance, he still wasn't quite sure how to process it. So he gave her a gentle smile. As she tried to pry his gaze from the ground, succeeding too, he realised that this Amazon was indeed very pretty. And that was perhaps why he was having more of an issue with speaking to her. Not that it was too obvious, he struggled to connect with anyone really. He could speak to people, Claudius mostly. And he could talk to women, Saqui, Ulilohi, Carya, his Mother. But they were all family, of those he regarded as such. So Attila figured that it didn't really count.

So, what is a lady such as yourself doing wandering around? he asked, he had no doubt she could handle herself, but Attila had fallen back on asking questions to make conversation. After all, he didn't really care to know where he was. He could find it again easily without having a name to a sight.
    Attila Aston

Vida~
    Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:43 pm

Succeeding in drawing his nervous gaze from the ground, the female smiled with tail swaying with her small success. Little things of many natures tended to bring forth the mirth from her. And if she could make another smile and feel comfortable in her presence, then it was taken as a positive step toward a prosperous acquaintanceship. Possibly a friendship. In watching the muscles of the male gradually loose their tension, she too felt a more welcomed ease as if a sliver of it even been present within her elated disposition.

In a show of leisure to impose no rush, she rounded her shoulders back to let the woven basket slip down from her arms, then swung it lightly to let it settle within the inner crook of the elbow of her right arm. A chance for conversation always deserved her undivided attention.

"I was- oh!" Just as quickly as she began her explanation, she was reminded of the Attila's previous question. A reoccurring fault of hers seemed to be letting her excitement with wanders distract her. Shyly she dipped her head, again freeing the hastily combed locks to fall before her amber eyes again. "You had asked about this place... this area is called Chignecto. It is the... middle land between three territories, as far as I know; the wolves of New Dawn-" she pointed toward the coast of the Reserve "-the Vikings of Vinatta-" from their position she gestured in a general eastward direction "-and the Nomads of Sangi'lak-" turning an earth-caked claw toward the dark mountain she smiled "-my Home. I was returning after this morning's-" what had Sequoia called it? "-foraging." For emphasis, she raised her arm cradling holstering the basket. "But I suppose I was pleasantly distracted by you."

Ever the honest soul, she spoke only what came to mind without intention of harm or insult. In fact, she was glad for the interruption from the monotonous rise of the morning, then return to the Family without a little detour to brighten her routine. She was actually flattered he saw fit to converse with her while on his way.

— words.

Zyn
    Femme d'automne

POSTED: Sun Aug 04, 2013 12:58 pm

Attila smiled softly as she dipped her head, grinning along as she realised she was skipping over his questions. He found it somehow endearing that it wasn't just him that got embarassed. He knew it was a fact, but he'd never really seen it in action. He listened to her explanation of the land. My mother is in Vinatta, Tayui... he added, though he hardly expected her to know who he spoke of. He'd not heard of New Dawn, nor of Sangi'lak until now... Though his grin of stupour was cut short by her compliment.

D-distracted? Attila questioned, his brow furrowing. How? It's me that should be distracted... I'm not smart, I'm not particularly good looking with, i'm covered in scars. And I doubt I'm that pleasant company either... He explained, expecting it to be a joke. I should be distracted by you he replied gain, practically wincing at his words.
    Attila Aston

Vida~
    Luperci

Dead Topics