Under Electrical Skies

P: Fiora

POSTED: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:57 pm

There was a storm rolling in, and from the clouds, it looked like it was going to be a particularly bad one. After a little while watching the clouds, Aspen finally went and asked Jindabyne, who had been teaching her about horse care, if the horses should be brought in from the pasture. Although rain wouldn’t hurt the horses and they could stay out for that, if there was a lot of lightning... He had decided they should be, and so she volunteered. This left her with the task of remembering which horses were in which stalls.

She made the process as swift as possible, especially when she began to hear the thunder rumble more loudly. Many of them were more than willing to come inside, as if they knew this one was going to be a bad storm. The horses were edgy as well, pawing the ground inside their stalls. There was one horse in particular who seemed to grow especially nervous as the storm got louder.

It hadn’t started to rain yet when Aspen made her way over to him. Even in her two-legged form he was huge compared to her small frame. He was also much stronger than she was, and he didn’t seem to want to move. It left her at a loss on what she should do; she supposed she could try to herd him in her four-legged form, but she didn’t know if it would work the same as when she moved the sheep around.

“Come on, inside will be better,” she told him quietly, pulling on the rope. The large animal simply tossed his head, yanking her towards him before she caught herself as she stumbled. She gripped the rope more tightly and turned towards the barn and started walking, having remembered that sometimes horses would follow if she just walked and ignored them. Then the rope tightened and she jerked to a stop when he didn’t move. “Please?” She tried, tugging gently on the rope, to no avail.
Last edited by Aspen on Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Aspen

Myst
Luperci Livestock Manager + Cook + Stable Hand Head of the Starfa Tier
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
because it's all i have today
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:16 pm

Rain, it was not something the child was afraid of but the sounds and light show that followed the usual rain storm. Already rain was starting to fall outside her home, the sound of the water speckling her grassy house. A sound of thunder caused her to yelp sharply against the bitter silence, something that echoed off the feral dwellings. A gentle purr seemed to burrow deeply in her chest as a comforting kitten curled over her chest trying to make her gentle doze off. It wasn’t until the next crash of thunder that she remembered something, something important about the equine that seemed to follow her around like a lost puppy. He was afraid of thunder, just like herself.

It was then that the wolfdog gentle moved the purring feline form her chest, she had to find a place to put the gentle beast. Bygul meowed in annoyance as he looked up at his companion and asked softly where they were going; she shook her head as asked him to stay in the warm and dry safety of their home. With a mew of annoyance he moved to the still warm bed and sat his rump down so he could await her return, last thing he wanted was another bath.

She was in a run as soon as she closed the door behind her, heading to the stables and becoming soaked in a manner of minutes but she had to get to him. A key sign that her companion was in distress was his high whinny of fear, he truly hated thunderstorms. It was almost comical that such a large creature could be so afraid of something that a tiny canine would yelp in fear of. It wasn’t long until she saw that another member of her pack was trying to coax all the horses into their respected stalls, all but one that was simply reluctant to being boxed inside with such a sound cracking over head. Slowly she walked closer to the pair, hearing the plea in the woman’s voice as she took a very timid posture. “H-he is no-not good with-with thunder.. ” She spoke above the storm, her voice still shaking with every word. Another crash of thunder came and both the horse and Fiora made a sound of fear, it was then that the large horse looked at her.

Slowly she moved to press her palm again his neck, moving it up into his pale mane. “Magni.. ” She cooed at him, her fear of him was still there but she wanted to calm his wild fear. “H-his name is-is Magni” She told the silvery woman, never really looking at her but her companion.

Lullaby
Luperci Mate to Ezra Step out on the leaves of the lily and shine
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Since she was so worried about the horse, Aspen didn't hear the other canine arriving. She jumped when she heard the quiet voice and turned quickly to see who it was. Her heartrate began to return to normal when she saw Fiora. Although she hadn't spoken to her personally, she knew the other shy female's name from asking around, that she had built a stove, and had seen her at several pack events.

For once, Aspen was the least fearful in a group as she only flinched at the sound of the thunder. She wasn't afraid of storms really, and only found the noise startling. Still, the unease around her set her on edge as well and she turned her ears back, her posture edging from submissive towards fearful. She wasn’t used to being around other canines who were as fearful as she was, and often found herself drawn to more confident ones.

Aspen looked up at the large horse when Fiora told her his name. "Oh, um, right, I think um, Jin told me that." She would eventually know all the horses' names and what their habits were like, but for now, she stumbled along hoping she wasn't doing anything wrong while she was still learning. "He's a very nice horse," she complemented. This was usually true, except, apparently, during thunderstorms when he didn't want to move.

"Do you think um--" Aspen ducked her head with another rumble of thunder as the skies quickly darkened. "Do you think maybe he would go inside if you helped?" At least he was the last horse. Jin had told her horses often liked sticking together in herds, so She had been hoping he'd be more willing to move if the rest of the herd was all in one place, away from him, but that didn't seem to be the case.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

POSTED: Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:54 pm

As soon as the words let her mouth the lightning seemed to find that that would be the cue to light up the heavens. The equine jumped under her touch as she moved her fingers along her hide, stroking his neck to his rough mane. She was just as frightened as him but she needed to not show it, though that was another story. That was something she could not really do, hide her own fear of the rain soaked storm. One that would produce high winds and loud crackling thunder that was already demonstrated, but her ears wiggled forward as the woman’s words seemed to try to be escape out into the picking up breeze. Of course the dingo brother would have told the silver own her companion’s name; after all he was one of the ones to help her come up with the name.

Slowly she nodded, only to let her eyes fall back on the fear stricken beast. Again stroking his mane and fidgeting with his mane, already she had created two loose braids like patterns but she left them be when she looked back at the woman. Could she help get him inside, now that was a good question. “I-I can tr-try.” She stuttered out just as a roll of thunder came to life, this time Magni reared. A sight she really had only saw the day of her early shift causing her to shiver and try to coo at the beast once more. She had to hide her own fear; otherwise they were not going anywhere. Gently she tugged at the halter that was already around her massive head, finding the lead that was clipped beneath his jaw. Jin must have put the rope on him to help the woman, that was surely nice of him. With a soft click of her tongue against the roof of her mouth the companion sifted forward, and then she remembered her manners. “Oh!” She exclaimed in an almost whisper-like voice. “Um-my na-name is Fi-Fiora.” She cooed, this would go a lot easier if she could go by names. After all they lived under the same sky, lived under the same ruling of her uncle.

(ooc)(omg, I am so sorry. two jobs are truly killing me!)

Lullaby
Luperci Mate to Ezra Step out on the leaves of the lily and shine
PAINT ME BEAUTIFUL

POSTED: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:01 pm

ooc; that's okay!
ic:
The rope had been jerked from Aspen's hands due to her surprise when the horse reared and she took a couple steps backwards from him, eyes wide. She was glad when he didn't realize he was free and run away on them. She doubted they would have been able to catch him then and still have enough time to take shelter. As it was, Aspen guessed she was probably going to be staying in the barn during the storm, just to avoid the unpleasantness of being completely soaked.

With his mistress holding his lead line, the horse seemed a little more willing to move forward, at least in Aspen's opinion. It would make sense; following her would seem much more comfortable than following someone he barely knew. Aspen’s ears twitched at the clicking sound she made. It was something she was still learning how to make and for some reason found it rather difficult to do, or at least do loud enough to get a horse’s attention.

"Oh, um, I'm Aspen," she replied, having completely forgotten that Fiora didn't know her name yet. A raindrop landed on her nose and she shook her head before starting to walk a little bit faster towards the barn. Then she paused and let the other two catch up to her so she could grasp the horse's halter, hoping her nearness didn't cause him to panic. There was a flash of lightning followed by another rumble of thunder and Aspen automatically let go of Magni’s halter in case he reared up again. She didn’t blame him for being afraid of the thunder; it was loud and startling.

"I think, um, we better get moving a bit faster," Aspen said, grasping the horse's bridle again. She tried to stay calm to keep her usual nervous energy from transferring to the horse, but she wasn't sure how successful she was.
Aspen

Myst
looking for heaven
believe in what i am
and tomorrow,
who knows where we'll be

Dead Topics