[J] you show me the lights stop me turn to stone

leader needed!

POSTED: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 am

-- Joining! Bringing in Wayne because he is/will be Lowry's companion NPC. :) Basically he's calling for anyone since he doesn't know Lowry wants to join; I don't need a leader right away if someone else wants to greet Lowry!

The picture the young wolfdog woman had painted about the warrior pack intrigued and delighted Lowry beyond anything else, and he'd had dreams about the powerful peacekeepers and their armory and their herd of warhorses and their entire legacy. It was as if he'd stepped out of the real, bland world into a storybook realm. It might have been too good to be true, but Lowry really wanted to find out -- and if it was as Adelle had said, he belonged here, could do some real good here that he couldnt do as a scrawny hybrid loner.

The boy shook with nerves as he headed back through the thick, sprawling woods toward the border of the great pack, already able to smell the strength of their border markers. He quickly reached down to adjust his lopsided belt, checking his knife, and reached up to make sure his hair spiked properly; his hands smelled like beeswax when he brought them down again, but that couldn't really be helped. He wiped his sweaty paw-pads on his straw-colored fur and stepped a little closer.

What will I say? the young Lykoi wondered, shifting his weight nervously as he stood a polite distance from the strongest scent markings of the borders. He wondered if they'd even want someone like him -- a latent fear that rose to the surface as his mind seized upon it. He was so small, and if the rest of golden girl's pack mates were anything like her size, he'd be the tiniest creature there. He frowned, wondering if they'd tease him -- but no, not if they were as noble as he hoped. They could definitely turn him away for being so young and scrawny and unskilled, with only a few knife tricks to his name.

He was really having second thoughts, about to step away from the borders again, when he heard something moving through the foliage lining the border. Large ears snapped forward, and he scrambled backwards again, only for a light chestnut shape to explode out of the bushes. He yelped loudly, and there was a startled snort from the border-guardian-demon-thing lunging toward him, and he fell on his ass.

I didn't do anything! the coyote hybrid barked out, and then got a better look at the beast. His eyes widened, and he broke out into an awkward grin. Before him stood a gangly colt, caught in the awkward transition between foal and adult, probably only about as old as he was. The young horse tossed his near-flaxen mane then snorted at him again, maybe a question, and then trudged forward and lowered his head to snuffle at Lowry's hair. The colt seemed intrigued by the beeswax, but Lowry waggled his hands to send him away. What are you doing away from the herd? he asked, and then a peep escaped him as he realized he might look like a horse-thief with the colt standing here with him, so close to the borders. Go back! he urged in a stage whisper, but then the colt flicked its ears back and stiffened.

Bark! I swear t' God, if ya keep runnin' off like that a bear's gonna eat you and I ain't gonna save you! The heavy drawl was stern but softened a bit, coming across only as faux anger -- but none the less scary for Lowry, who swallowed and tried to get to his feet to run off. The colt whinnied at him, and the footsteps came closer. I hear ya, I hear ya. Hold on, what's the matter now? A tall and muscular Luperci shape emerged from the foliage, and brown eyes snapped down to the hybrid teenager sprawled on the ground. Lowry tensed and flattened his ears, realizing it was too late to run, looking excessively guilty.

The Luperci glowered at him, lips pulled down in a stern frown, a large cowboy hat tipped down to shadow his face and make it look even more less-than-friendly. Lowry opened his mouth and got a squeak out by way of explanation, while the chestnut olt nickered eagerly and swished his off-blonde tail.

What're you... the cowboy started, then scowled and crossed his strong arms. I ain't got time for this, he muttered, then issued an order: Stay there, whelp, before turning over his shoulder and letting out a doggish howl to call for other members of the pack.

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Word Count :: 000 Me me, pick me! I want a Raze thread! xD And I'm assuming Wayne and Al have seen each other around? First paragraphs are skippable >.< Sorry for crummy post.

His trip to Halifax had garnered an unexpected result. It seemed his past was back to haunt him. He still didn't know what to think of the russet woman and why she was here. Elissa had always been a suspicious character even back in his old pack. She'd been a deadly scout, and a poisonous consort. It was hard to tell what thoughts swirled around in that head of hers now that she'd picked a new target- him Was she following him, even now? The Callow knight couldn't help but look over his shoulder from time to time, but surely, she wouldn't cross Casa's borders...would she? Of course not. Casa was a pack of warriors, all strong fighters, and some of them, namely Sebastian, could be just as stealthy as the Dale woman.

Alister was still reeling from his spar from the libidinous red-pelted fellow. What did he think he was playing at? Ugh. It was disgusting, his appetites. He'd be steering clear of him from this point out, he was certain of that if nothing else. Hadley seemed to spend a fair amount of time around the artisan, and Alister was concerned that he might not be the best influence for Amatha. His face warmed thinking of her, his - student, he wasn't sure what to call her now. It'd thrown him for a loop when Jazper named him as her mentor. He'd been expecting, well, someone else. But now that'd he'd been chosen he wasn't going to argue. He was even excited. There wasn't much he could could teach her until she shifted, but already, he'd been gathering books and other materials to educate the bright young girl who called him Uncle.

The tawny wolfdog had been headed to the training yard when the lykoi boy had reached Casa's borders, and as such was fully equipped with all his various weapons. His bastard sword rested in belted sheath at his left, dagger at his right, and his shield was strapped to his back. A worn cloak of forest green settled around his muscular frame, and his hood was up to guard against the rain that threatened from the clouds looming overhead. He was nearly there when he heard the stable-master's call. Brown hued ears pricked forward, and he changed direction, a sudden heaviness falling over his heart. Was she here? Now? His hazel eyes regarded his surroundings much more warily, and he kept his guard up. Wayne's howl didn't seem at all alarmed, but the red woman had her charms...they'd just never been directed at him, personally. Then again, Wayne wasn't exactly her type, either.

He tread with caution, hand resting on his sword's hilt, as he approached the trio, horse, boy, and Wayne. His brows furrowed to take in the scene and the Callow man breathed a sigh of relief, immediately relaxing. She wasn't here. His hand fell away from his sword and he turned to the blonde man. "Heard you call, is there...something you need?" But then his eyes rested on the hybrid, instead. He must have been the reason. His British accented voice was cheery, though as his hazel eyes glanced over the boy with more curiosity than anything else. What was he doing on the ground? "Need a hand?" He noted the knife sheathed at his side, not at all concerned for the mischievous colt. He wasn't too familiar with Casa's horses, and usually kept his distance. His brow was slightly quirked and he came forward, extending a tanned hand to pull the boy to his feet, if he wished to take it. "What brings you to Casa?"

Photo courtesy of Temari 09

Alistair Callow

Stormie
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2013 Champ! have you ever licked a lamppost in winter...?
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

POSTED: Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:59 pm

-- Yaaaay a Stormie! :D And yeah, Wayne usually keeps to himself/the horses but they would've seen each other around. ^^ Also this post is long too, sorry. D:

After calling for reinforcements or whatever he'd been doing, the mongrel hybrid resumed glowering down at him, his muscled arms crossed and fingers digging slightly into his own dusty-grey-yellow fur. Beside him, the colt looked confused, glancing between the two silent Luperci and letting out a short neigh that might have passed as a bark. A hoarse bark, Lowry thought ridiculously, and physically slapped his hand on his face. Of course, he would be the only canine in the world to think of a lame pun when faced by a very grouchy cowboy on his lands. He did have a weak hope that this fellow wouldn't turn out to be from Casa di Cavalieri, so he wouldn't get in trouble with the pack he hoped to join; the country twang and dirty, unimpressive appearance didn't fit into his dreams of knights and wonder and glory. The strong scent of horses and cigarettes on the male's coat didn't quite mask the pack scent, though.

Lowry made a last-ditch effort to scramble to his feet and lurch away, but the wolfdog's glare pinned him to the spot. You ain't goin' nowhere, he growled.

But! the coyote hybrid yapped, and coughed, going on with a voice that didn't crack. I didn't do nothing -- uh, anything, he amended, shaking his mind free of the other's drawling accent. Honest, he added lamely.

The man snorted. You were right close to the borders for not doin' anything, he said, and the chestnut horse whinnied plaintively, coming over to nudge at the man's elbow. It was strange, since Lowry had never regarded the equines as anything more than beasts of burden, but he thought the colt might have looked sympathetic or apologetic to him.

I'm here for a reason, yes, Lowry babbled, but he didn't get the chance to finish. He heard someone else moving through the vegetation, and his mouth clicked shut, his scrawny body sinking back in an effort to look more submissive and groveling and he was just not doing this right at all.

But even as he squinted his sandy-colored eyes, wincing and expecting the worst, the other Cavalier stepped into view: another wolfdog, bronze and brown, maybe taller than the cowboy by an inch or two. His physical appearance wasn't nearly as impressive as the whole picture, however. The man had a green cloak, and had various weapons strapped to his person -- one of these being a long hand-and-a-half sword at his hip. He touched its hilt as he came forward, and that completed the whole picture, and Lowry didn't think his heart could beat faster or his eyes could bug more out of his head.

The Cavalier looked over the scene and seemed relieved, somehow -- probably because the coyote whelp wasn't all that threatening. Rather than grouchily interrogate him like the Labrador mutt had, he came forward and offered friendly words and an extended hand. Lowry grabbed for it and let himself be hauled to his feet, where stared down at where their paws were linked and forgot himself for a second (he was touching a real knight, he was touching a man who'd stepped straight out of his stories) before he jolted, stepping back, and remembered the question.

I, uh, I came here for -- to join. Lowry had tried to sound confident, but his voice fell into its usual pitchy rhythm as he felt the cowboy's stare on him. He focused on the newcomer's hazel eyes instead. I mean, I heard from this girl, Adelle, he amended, and saw the Labrador's brows pinch together, about how great this place was, I mean, it just sounded like it matched everything I've ever dreamed about and -- and I thought -- I thought I could come here and at least see even if you didn't let me join. He swallowed and brushed a wayward spike of hair.

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:28 pm

Word Count :: 000 No sweat! I love reading Raze threads, I just hope I can match up. xD

Alister caught the conversation partially, bits and pieces here and there, but as they came into view he couldn't see any real reason for the man to be affronted by the lad's presence. He didn't appear to be doing anything wrong, not to his eyes, though he did look a little guilty. But who wouldn't wilt under the stern glare of the stable-master? Heh, Alister didn't blame him. He was just a boy, after all, surely, he deserved a chance?

His brow rose in height as the boy stared and stared, growing increasingly starry-eyed as he approached. The Callow knight wasn't used to such a reaction, and was mildly taken aback, his brows knitting in bewilderment. He pulled the boy upright, gentle but firm. The sandy pelted youth lingered for a moment staring at their feet as they stood close. Both he and the Lykoi yearling stepped back, Alister's hand darting habitually to his mane as it was shadowed by the hood of his cloak, which he promptly removed. He ruffled the similarly styled mess of hair self-consciously, feeling a little flushed all of a sudden.

He was oblivious to figure he cut, though Alister had always known he was quite tall. He was long legged, with powerful arms, and a narrow, but well defined chest and abdomen; big, but not overly bulky. He wasn't a man to sit idle for long periods of time, and enjoyed the strain of manual labor, and trained with his weapons daily- if he wasn't otherwise occupied. Recently he'd been working alongside Hadley, hoping to learn a thing or two about carpentry. Best he keep busy, it left less time to think. His thoughts were a whirlwind in his mind, constantly shifting and swirling until his head ached. So much had happened, since he'd joined, it was hard to keep things straight.

He listened attentively as the boy explained, a smile working its way across his muzzle. It was flattering, really, and he was delighted to hear it. "Adelle, huh?" Of course knew her, he'd even sparred with the girl. She was a strong fighter, a little too serious, but he'd been happy to teach her a thing or to. She was certainly eager. The hybrid boy seemed uncertain, unsure whether he would be welcome. Alister had felt much the same when he first joined, and his heart went out to him. He felt a little better about that day now, seeing him. He hadn't fallen over at least, though he'd been a bit formal.

He placed a hand on his chin as the Lykoi boy voiced his desire to join. "Hmm... He pondered in mock contemplation. "Well, that all depends, really." It was clear he was enjoying this. He glanced at the knife indicating it with a slight nod of his head. "Do you know how to use that?" The Callow knight was playful by nature, and seemed pleased enough by the sandy youth's intentions. Remembering his manners, the tawny pelted wolfdog introduced himself. "Oh, and, I'm Alister, by the way, Alister Callow." He glanced at the sour-faced Labrador. "And that's," His brows furrowed as he searched his memory for his name, "it's Wayne, right? I'm sorry, I don't think we've spoken all that much." Alister was apologetic, and resolved to make amends. His hazel eyes returned to the coyote hybrid. "And you would be?"

Alistair Callow

Stormie
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

POSTED: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:06 pm

--

Both of the men seemed to know who Adelle was, which made Lowry feel better; her name being brought up even seemed to make the cowboy look a little less grouchy, though he still wore a frown and kept his arms crossed over his muscular chest. Eventually a hand reached out to rest on the colt’s withers, and the horse tried to nip at a lank twine bracelet around his handler’s wrist. The coyote hybrid took this in over a span of a few seconds then looked eagerly back at the green-cloaked knight.

His entire life rode on the man’s decision, Lowry knew, and he had to fight not to wring his hands together or otherwise show his nervousness. His ear twitched a few times, and he could feel his pulse hammering in his veins, beating throughout his entire body. Most of the theatrics were lost on him—the overdone musing, the drawn-out answer—because he’d essentially stepped into one of his fantasy worlds: a lowly vagabond seeking acceptance into a special guild or among a great order of warriors. He was a part of the story now.

I can use it well enough, Lowry confessed with a grin, and drew his knife. Swearing profusely in his head the entire time, he flipped it with his hands and managed to catch it without cutting open his palm. You’ve gotta be able to, if you’re—uh—like me, he said, gesturing awkwardly at his scrawny little frame. He wasn’t able to wield a great bastard sword like the man before him, nor could he wrestle and punch and bite his opponents into submission like the cowboy looked like he could. He relied on stabbing and dirty tricks and a whole manner of nimble fighting techniques to keep himself from dying.

The tawny wolfdog introduced himself as Alister Callow then, and Lowry nodded excitedly, committing the name to memory. The Labrador was introduced as Wayne, next, and grunted as he was acknowledged. Don’t apologize, ’s all right, was all he stated, scratching along the chestnut colt’s back as the equine continued to fix curious, bright eyes on the boy.

Who quickly straightened and puffed his thin little chest out when the knight’s hazel eyes fell upon him. I’m Lowry, he said proudly. Lowry Lykoi.

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:32 pm

Word Count :: 000 sorry for the wait, kinda crummy post, but I didn't want to keep you waiting <3

He watched as the boy grinned and flipped out his knife. He wasn't at all startled and a grin of his own tugged at the corners of his lips at the display. He caught it with skill, skill enough for someone his age, and Alister was satisfied, really, though, who was he to turn anyone away? The lad seemed enthusiastic, he had a feeling his presence was just what was needed. So many things had happened within Casa lately; the hurricane, and the loss of their Balia, Isa, had hit them hard. The sandy boy appeared to be just what they needed. "Works for me." He said warmly in his accented voice. He explained how it was necessary for someone like him, but Alister wasn't about to comment on his small stature. If you pushed yourself and trained hard, size didn't matter, skill was what determined a battle's outcome. "Oh? I wouldn't call that a disadvantage, really. But I see your point, I guess." The grin returned, "I daresay, though, you'd probably run circles around me."

Wayne grunted as he was acknowledged, dismissing his apology. Alister focused on the boy as he introduced himself with the same enthusiasm, if not a little more. "Pleasure, Lowry." He returned, casually. "Well, you're alright in my book. Unfortunately, I can't accept you, but I'll call someone who can. Just a moment" His eyes were apologetic as he continued, but he was confident the sandy-pelted boy would be accepted. Raising his head he called with a doggish howl for one of his leaders to come join them, and make this Lowry a true brother of Casa di Cavalieri.

Alistair Callow

Stormie
I am the Sword
the Light
and the Shield

POSTED: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:36 pm

Here’s a Neela all up in this house! :D

Word Count → 389

There something soothing about mindlessly swinging an axe back and forth, letting her thoughts wander independently of her tired body. Neela could have probably gotten somebody to help her with the hard work like this, especially considering how her frame was so unsuitable for the whole lumber jacking thing, but it didn’t really feel right dragging someone away from their duties to help her with such a personal project. Work on the Meria was progressing slowly, but it was getting there. Unfortunately Neela’s supply of construction readied wood had been put together to replace rotten planks and the like, not deal with the Meria being picked up by a frickin hurricane and smashed into a rock, so she had run out fairly soon.

Finally she broke through the log enough that it began to fall, sending the oak tree that Neela had picked crashing to the ground with a deafening boom. Neela deposited the long axe in the newly created stump and stepped forwards towards the top of the tree, withdrawing a smaller handaxe and a small saw from her belt. She was just about to set to work when a howl from the border caught her ear. She didn’t quite recognise the voice, but it didn’t have the tone typical of an outsider at a foreign border, more like a Casa member that the Sinistra hadn’t met yet. She clipped her small tools back to her belt, slung the axe over her shoulder and started jogging towards the border.

The Neela that emerged at the border was a dirty one, her fur matted with dirt and bark and sap, though hopefully the axe resting on her shoulder and the woodworking tools at her belt would give an idea why she looked so dirty. Quiety she gazed around the clearing, giving Wayne a smile and a nod as her eyes passed over him, and also noting a male wolf with Casa scent who she guessed had howled. Amber eyes quickly zeroed in on the only wolf there who didn’t send the scent of stone and steel drifting towards her, narrowing not aggressively but inquisitively. “Well, what’s goin’ on here then?” she asked lightly, swinging the axe off her shoulder and into a nearby tree with a thud, dusting her newly unburdened paws against each other as she stepped forwards.

POSTED: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:06 am

-- :DDD

The tawny wolfdog seemed to approve of his knife-wielding skills, though the dusty-colored one looked a bit more dubious (maybe because he'd only tossed it around a bit and hadn't stabbed anyone, though Low had half a mind to show him just how good at he was). Once he was finished with the little display, Lowry sheathed the knife as competently as he could and let his ears drop back again in submission as he looked to Alister. The remark on his size not being a disadvantage shocked him, and his mouth gaped slightly. He guessed he did rely a lot on running circles around his opponents, but he hadn't expect such a tall warrior to admit such a thing. The Luperci here were just as noble of heart as he'd hoped!

Alister apologized, stating that he didn't have the authority to accept him into the pack, and the coyote tried not to look too impatient as the man called for someone who could. He was anxious to get this over with, to be in the pack, and to finally not have the cowboy glowering at him like he was. He fidgeted idly, reaching up to mess with his fauxhawk of head fur, adjusting his overlarge belt, shifting his weight from foot to foot. He heard a low noise and glanced at Wayne, who was watching him with amusement that he wiped carefully from his square features as he pretended to tend to the chestnut colt.

Fortunately, Lowry didn't have to wait too long for someone to approach. Another dog hybrid stepped out toward the borders, dirty and thick-furred, an axe slung over her shoulder. The collie looked less like the knight Alister was and more the worker that Wayne was, but Lowry didn't care; she seemed to be able to accept him, and so he bowed low to her in greeting. Hi, I'm --

This scrawny whelp's lookin' to join, Wayne cut in, causing Lowry to stiffen and scowl. The Labrador pet the horse's neck, casting an approving look at the collie woman's axe (probably because they were both in the dirty-dogs-working-hard-club or something). He's naive as all hell, but he's gonna be just as willin' t' learn as anyone. I c'n see the kid becomin' one of our better knife-fighters, maybe gettin' into the Brotherhood. He just needs time to grow up, an' he c'n do that here. The cut to his ego was smoothed over with this prediction, leaving the hybrid blinking and confused and not really sure whether or not to be offended at being called naive and scrawny.

Wayne shook his head, seemed almost awkward and lost for a moment (maybe he realized he'd spoken out of turn?), then seemed not to care. C'mon, Bark, your fun's over. He tugged the male aside and tipped his hat to the other Cavaliers politely, a bit more so in the woman's case. Nice seein' ya, Alister, Missus Garcia, he drawled, and left, apparently not caring whether or not the scrawny whelp got in or not.

Shocked, the straw-colored boy could only glance at the collie. My name's Lowry, he offered, because he couldn't really think what to add on to the cowboy's spiel, and then his sandy-yellow eyes brightened again as he remembered what he was here to do. And yes, I want to join Casa di Cavalieri.

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:11 pm

OOC.

Word Count → 000

Neela blinked in surprise when Wayne interrupted the newcomer’s greeting with an abrupt stream of words, tilting her head and directing her attention his way while he talked, matching the odd movement of his hat with a brief dip of her own head as he left before she turned back to the newcomer. “Hmm, a knife fighter eh?” Neela gave a small smile and half drew one of her knives, revealing the blade briefly from where it had been hidden behind her back before resheathing and releasing it, “I’m somthin of the same, useful for us smaller folk. Perhaps we should spar some time?”

Neela studied the stranger for a few moments more as he introduced himself. Wayne had seemed positive towards his inclusion into the pack and nothing about him looked particularly unsuitable; he was small yeah, but Neela herself fit that description as well, only being an inch or two if that taller than him. When Lowry had introduced himself she smiled and stepped forwards, holding one hand out in greeting, ”Good ta meet ya Lowry, I’m Neela Garcia. I’m a Sinistra of Casa, an advisor to the alphas, though I have the authority to accept you into the pack if I wish.” Neela’s face dropped into a more neutral position and she withdrew her hand, whether Lowry had taken the offer to shake or not, as she looked him over once more.

“Wayne there mentioned knife fighting, and if ya’ve come ta seek us out I’m guessin ya know somthin about the pack, but why don’t ya enlighten me? How much do ya know about Casa, and what skills do ya have that ya can offer to the pack?”

POSTED: Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:37 am

-- Skipping post order to help this move faster. ;; Sorry, Stormie!

The male remained a little flustered after the cowboy left, still not sure if it was the man vouching for him or not (What was the Brotherhood? How was he naive?), but the collie woman glanced his way and smiled. She pulled a large knife half out of its sheath, and the coyote hybrid grinned. I'd like that, he said eagerly. He was a little put off that she'd call his size to attention, but she didn't mean anything badly, and he could see now that they were shaking hands she was only barely taller than he was; the thick fur helped, too, while his frame remained small and bony overall.

The woman more properly introduced herself as Neela Garcia, a leader's advisor, and explained that she could accept him -- if she wished. Whereas Lowry had been relatively confident up until now, especially with her mentioning sparring in the future, this conditional statement made his ears tip back and his body deflate slightly. He rubbed his opposite arm with the shaken hand, awkward, eyes fixed on hers as she drilled him with more questions. It was all he could do to answer fully and truthfully, he guessed.

I only know what Adelle told me, so I'm not really sure about the whole structure and everything or if you have some secret handshake or something. He flattened his ears, wondering if their handshake had supposed to be a secret one, and he'd failed, but he pushed that silly thought aside. I mostly know that -- that you guys are warriors, or mostly warriors, and mainly you help others and help keep the peace and all that. That's what... That's what I was looking for. I thought I'd find a place in Inferni since I was a Lykoi -- he watched her expression carefully -- but they've been in too many wars, and their lifestyle doesn't do anything to stop violence. Casa di Cavalieri is different, I heard, and so you're all peacekeepers.

The coyote hybrid swallowed after this little monologue, feeling stupid, but he tried to answer her next question more quickly. Besides the knife fighting... I can hunt and track just as well as any other normal canine, I guess. I'm really observant, too, and sometimes in my family pack I helped scout, mostly because I was too little to do anything else. He stopped, thought, and then grinned lopsidedly. Oh, and I'm a storyteller, he declared, getting that out there before he second-guessed himself. You know, like... I can recite poetry, and I've got a really good memory and can tell a lot of stories, and that probably won't help in an epic battle, but -- but I can remember about the battle and tell others about it, maybe other loners, so they know what a great place Casa di Cavalieri is! Kind of like for recruiting, or I can just tell silly poems to puppies or tales for the pack during a feast or something. He beamed, letting his imagination run wild.

Cercatori d'Arte
DEAD
Raze
Luperci

Dead Topics