won't stop to surrender

POSTED: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:58 pm

For Skye, immediately following this thread on September 20. PPed her arriving just to speed it along. :o

The Lykoi was howling for their leader long before he reached the pack borders. He didn't know the new faces, he didn't know their names. Skye would help him. Skye had always shown him such kindness, at one point years ago teaching him pointers on how to fight, and at another more recent graciously allowing him entry to her pack once more after he had turned and fled without a single goodbye two years before. He admired her, he trusted her. And now he needed to beg help from her.

In his arms was a black birdcage stolen from Halifax, and between its bars a pup of a few scarce months and the fur of a dog. The child would not tell him her name; she would not tell him anything at all, and uttered no whimpers or moans as result of fear or evident malnutrition. The bumbling Micah had as much knowledge and ability to care for her than the pup did for himself, and from what he had seen of Skye during his brief time returned, she had a recent litter, not to mention the bully Esmeralda. She knew how to parent. She could fix this thing.

Running from the city as if the pup's captor were on his heels, Skye nearly met him at the borders after hearing the troubled calls. He took but a moment to gasp for breath before trying to pry the cage apart once again to no avail; the latch at the bottom was either too rusted or the Lykoi in too much of a panic to think straight and get it apart himself.

"Sk-Sk-Skye— I-I-I found her like this," he wheezed, trembling something awful. "Sh-She doesn't look good. I-I-I-I don't know w-where she came fr-fr-from or wh-who did it or wh-what her name is, or... I-I didn't know what to do, so I just— I just— I'm sorry, I just—"

The pup hunched against the bars, terrified and speechless. Again he tried to coax her to no avail and tried to pull the base from the bars where it was attached, but only fumbled with his hands shaking.

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

POSTED: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Skye seemed rough and ragged and sometimes cruel, but she wouldn't turn away one of her own who came to return if they'd done nothing wrong. She'd been surprised to see Micah come back after his long hiatus from d'Arte, but nevertheless glad that he didn't get eaten by a cougar or some other horrible thing that would likely happen to someone of such a timid and nervous demeanor. That was it, though - after him, Lowry, and Rei, she didn't want any more trembling kittens as members.

It didn't surprise her when his call was panicked and anxious from the borders; she thought that he had perhaps gotten hurt, or something else like that, but a panicked response from Micah was nothing out of the ordinary. However, when they nearly bumped into each other and Skye saw the truth of the situation, her mind began to work at twice the pace.

"Stop," she ordered, her voice firm. The pup looked terrified, and Skye couldn't blame her; she was malnourished, and Micah was shaking the cage quite roughly (albeit not on purpose) and his stuttering, terrified voice wasn't helping the pup to calm down. Skye gently teased the cage out of the coyote's hands into her own steady palm and studied the latch carefully.

It wasn't a difficult lock to handle, but in Micah's distressed state, it was no wonder that he was unable to open it. Skye shifted the cage to one hand as she eased her dagger from her belt and slid the tip into the latch, scraping away the rust that held it in place. With a deft twist, the lock fell away completely - it had been barely lingering onto the cage, and once it fell, the doors swung wide open, out towards Micah.

000+ words

by the amazing Alaine!

Sunny
Luperci Mate to Jazper
crown of clay
My Sunny One

POSTED: Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:56 am

Word Count → 000

Stop, Skye commanded, and stop he did. Sinking into his shoulders the coyote clamped shut his trap and pretended he could blend in with the grass and foliage. Micah understood the urgency of the situation, the complications that could result of it all especially for the d'Artisan leader, but she had been curt with him since his return. The leader's whole demeanor had changed in his two-year absence. Had something happened? Had she only taken him back into the pack begrudgingly? No, no, that couldn't be it. It was that he was a pain her side, yet again, bringing back apparent orphans and too stupid to get a simple lock open. Micah wrinkled all the folds in his face when he frowned in seeing Skye pull apart the latch with apparent ease. She must think I'm an idiot.

With the cage apart and the woman not immediately removing the child, Micah assumed it to be his responsibility and approached again with a hesitant step and leaned down before the bars. The pup did not come leaping, and with trembling hands Micah reached for her. In a tiny yelp the pup snapped at his fingers, and with ears flattened and tremors worsening she backed off with hands retracted.

"I-I-I can't do it," he said. "Sh-She doesn't like me. I-I-I wouldn't know how to hold her anyway, I m-m-might hurt her. C-C-Could you ta-take her?"

Lin
Luperci
passion, hope
& resistance

Dead Topics