Mother and Child

[Fake joining thing]

POSTED: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:39 pm

311 → Out of Character text

Arte hadn't previously met with anyone that was from where she was headed. She didn't already have an in. That hardly mattered to her though. This was a job and she would get it done. Her sister had sent her to the far south because they knew hardly anything about where she was headed. She was the one to rectify the situation about the lack of previous knowledge. She was determined to find out all that she could, most importantly to figure out if there were any rifts between those in the southern packs that could be exploited. Did these southerners have a problem with one another that could possibly be expounded upon?

The large girl had torn her dress, making the scarring upon her chest easily visible. She also made herself and her pup disheveled as she wished to look the part of being in distress. As she drew closer the borders of the pack she rode Horse harder and kept on glancing back over her shoulder as if she was fearful of being pursued. She didn't know if anyone was going to be watching her but she wished to make it as authentic as possible. Should anyone happen to be about and watching she wanted it to look as if something was truly amiss. Heck, she had even aggravated her scarring in order to make the attack look fresh and recent still.

Arte drew Horse to pass along the borders, turning her to pace the area constantly. A howl was sent up in order to attract attention to herself. Even after the call was sent up Arte continued to glance around nervously. Her facade of nervousness ended up rubbing off on the child she was carrying with her and ended up having Cinareae to start whining. Actually the only one that still possessed a demeanor of calm was Horse.

Salsola
DEAD
Luperci Sapienza, Libro Guardiano Mama Bear
Ophelia Lockehart
CESARIO ILLYRIA

POSTED: Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:56 am

305 <33

The rough bark beneath his paws was a comforting feeling and took him back to the hours he'd spent in the canopy back in Vinátta. The forest system was much more extensive in the viking pack and if you planned your route carefully, you could cross from one border to the other without touching the ground. Temeraire had once delighted in doing so, ferreting out the different routes he could take. And when he'd learnt how to shoot with his bow, he'd begun practising shooting from the trees like the shadow of death from above. Often the prey couldn't spot him and simply found themselves with an arrow to the neck before they knew what was happening. The Court didn't have the same amount of trees, but Temeraire was slowly learning a route that could take him over a lot of northern band of the territory.

He'd just reached out for the strong branches of a neighbouring tree to the one he was stood in when a rather nervous howl seemed to echo across the packlands. He paused only for a moment before swinging down from the canopy, paws hitting the ground with a jarring sensation. He needed to remember to bend his knees to absorb the impact, but he shook off the remaining pain and began to move with purpose towards the borders. By now he knew the territory fairly well and it didn't take him too long to locate the caller. A ragged little group, Temeraire spotted a pup alongside the adult female and the horse. He quickly took in their dishevelled appearance and the anxiety that seemed to roll off of the female, the soft whine of the pup. "Hello, miss. I'm Temeraire, Squire of the Court. Can I help?" He questioned, placing himself as a barrier as he was supposed to.

Temeraire Stormbringer
Tem is on a trip to Freetown 20th-31st May
He is in optime form with no clothes unless otherwise specified
Avatar by Alaine, Sig by Nat/Sie

Honey
Luperci

ON FIRE WITHIN

POSTED: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:44 pm

The muscles of Nadherne's back moved smoothly beneath her as she rode. Clicking her tongue, Charlotte nudged the stallion she had inherited from her father in the direction of the borders. The call had seemed anxious, fretful—it was not one of her members, but the stranger had sought their borders, whether for a purpose or for help with whatever had her sounding so distressed. She felt an obligation to those that would seek the Court, though perhaps not as strong as the one she felt towards the canines that she led.

Venir sur, cette façon, the young Queen murmured as she came across the scent of one of her pack members nearby as well. She hardly intended to turn, however, as it was still likely she would be needed and she wanted to know the cause for concern in the calling wolf. The Court had not faced any troubles in quite a long time, and she intended to keep it that way, but they had always been willing to give aid when it was needed and they always would be, at least for as long as she was around.

Slowing her horse, the chocolate cherry wolfdog slid from his back, approaching the disheveled woman and child. Bonjour, Squire Stormbringer,Charlotte greeted the dark canine briefly. Looking to the female, she spoke more clearly, her voice carrying strongly. Hello, her eyes dropped briefly to the child before returning to the woman's face. I am Charlotte, Queen of the Court. I hope we can assist you. The female and her child both seemed quite nervous and upset by something.

Charlotte Haskel
Avatar credit coming (user of Furry-Paws.com).

Meghann
Luperci I know a lot of useless trivia!
chocolate cherry kisses

POSTED: Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:40 pm

309 → Out of Character text

"We, my daughter and I, we were run out of our home." She explained, continuing to glance around. "We come from the north. This pack just invaded our home and forced us out. Her siblings and father are dead. We need a place to stay." The words were spoken in a rush. Arte wove the tale that she had been putting together in her head. She had spent her time traveling in order to put together a reason for her to go to the south, something to explain away the injury.

"Please. We have nowhere else." She was begging now. Of course this was causing Cin even more discomfort. The puppy ended up wriggling around in her sling. "Shh, Gertrude. It's going to be okay. Mommy won't let anything happen to you." She spoke to the young girl and rocked her gently, trying to ease off the pup's anxiety. Arte hated how upset her daughter was even though she knew that nothing was truly wrong and that Cin was just reacting to the way that she was acting. She honestly didn't like causing her daughter any amount of stress and discomfort.

"Can you help us? Will you help us?" She looked pitifully to the pair that had answered her call. Arte was trying her best to get them to feel sorry for her and not ask too many questions. She was simply looking to get into the pack as quickly and as easily as she could. She was counting that members of this pack to have a bleeding heart. She was hoping to show up with injuries and a child and be easily accepted. She was hoping that they might want to help and protect her. So far she couldn't tell if it was working or not. She couldn't tell if they were going to give in or not.

Salsola
DEAD
Ophelia Lockehart
CESARIO ILLYRIA

POSTED: Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:50 pm

sorry honey - even though this isn't a real joining thread, I'm going to skip you <3 and I'm super sorry Sylvey, I didn't mean to let this sit for so long. :<

The soft stamping of Nadherne's hooves and the muffled noises he made alerted Charlotte of her own nervous tension; the woman was having an effect on her, and either she also had an effect on the stallion as well, or he was responding to the way his canine companion was. The Queen was uncomfortable, not least of all because of the noises and movements coming from the pup in the female's arms. Risking a glance at Temeraire, she wondered if he could see anything in the distance that she could not.

Were you followed? Why did they invade and kill your pack—was it a personal attack? She spoke directly to the woman, not looking at her pack mate now. She did not know the Squire well, and she did not know if he would be bothered by the hesitation she displayed by asking questions, instead of ushering the woman and child into the pack lands.

Ultimately, Charlotte could not put her own pack at risk. They had already harbored unstable or violent canines in the past, and war was a part of her puphood. She wanted to help the woman—her mother would have, and her father would have too, though perhaps skeptically—but she had a duty to her pack, and perhaps she felt that more strongly than either of her parents. She had to protect what her father and mother had helped to build, and she would not allow her pack to become a target of attack. They had injured fighters—good fighters, but many injured. It was a terrible risk she wouldn't take.

Charlotte Haskel

Meghann
chocolate cherry kisses

POSTED: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:06 pm

318 → Tis fine hun

"I don't know." Arte paused and glanced behind her once again before shaking her head and looking to the pair once more. "My mate and our children. We were living in the mines. They just came in and killed them. Gertrude and I, we were fishing and when we came back we saw them. All on four legs and circled around my mate's body. They just..." She paused and shook his head. "He was just trying to protect our children and they didn't care. I tried to stop them but..." Again she was pausing, eyes drifting down to stare at the ground as she shifted her tattered dress to show off the agitated scarring on her chest. "We can't go back. Please..."

Arte was hoping to have woven a convincing enough tale. She was staking a lot on this pack to be filled with bleeding hearts. "Please..." Once again she was begging, looking up to the woman with sorrow filled eyes as she seemed to be the one in charge. Cin was removed from her sling and held up so that she could be view better, showing off that her daughter was only a few months old and still too young to shift and hunt and care for herself. "Just for a little bit. Just so I know she will be safe." Maybe if Arte made it known that she was willing to settle for only temporary sanctuary then it would make the decision in her favor come easier.

"Horse is tired. I've ridden her hard trying to get as far away as I can. We haven't been able to eat or rest properly. You don't have to feed us, I will feed us, but I need a place where Gertrude will be safe. She is all I have." Arte hugged Cin tightly to her chest. She allowed the chubby child to nurse in order to quiet her.

Salsola
DEAD
Ophelia Lockehart
CESARIO ILLYRIA

POSTED: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:34 pm

It took every fiber of her being not to display the internal recoil she instinctively felt at seeing the child held up, and then nursing. The Queen forced herself to look directly at the face of the mother, though she wanted nothing more than to run from what she could no longer see in her peripheral vision. It was as sickening as the rotting corpse of a dear friend.

You can stay in the hotel, on the first floor near the kitchens. Haven and Robin could stand watch outside, taking alternate patrols along the borders to ensure that no trouble followed the mother and daughter. Come, follow me. I will show you the way and you can settle in.

Before turning, Charlotte waited for affirmation from the strange female. She hoped it would be met with quiet agreement. I have things to attend to, a lie, but she would rather drown in her beloved sea before spending time with a nursing pup in her agitated state, but I will check on you in the morning and we can discuss things from there. Her hand rested on Nadherne's neck, though she did not climb on his strong back, as she would walk with the mother against her own will. Your Horse can stay in the stables if you would like. I will call for someone to bring her there.

Charlotte Haskel

Meghann
chocolate cherry kisses

POSTED: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:45 pm

305 → Out of Character text

The pup was too old to still be nursing but Arte didn't have it in mind to wean her. She enjoyed the bond that they shared and didn't want to end up giving it up. It allowed her to feel close to her daughter and it was true that Cin was all she had. Cin was the only survivor of her litter and so Arte cherished her. The new mother simply couldn't ever bring herself to deny her child whatever she wanted as she felt lucky to have her. No, it would be Cin's choice if she ever wished to give it up.

"Thank you." The large girl allowed for herself to look visibly relieved. How could she not? She had taken a chance and it had paid off. She had judged this pack right. All she needed was a sob story and she was in. Of course she had her sister to thank for that idea. It was Salvia that had pointed her in this direction and gave her a hint as to what might end up working.

She followed after the leading female, looking quite grateful. "Your neighbors, they won't tell will they? You don't have any problems with them?" She asked as she glanced back out past the borders. It was a lead in to what she wanted to know but she didn't expect a complete answer. No, she was only trying to get a hint of the relationship that this had with the surrounding packs. And well, why shouldn't she be concerned with further enemies when she was so recently attacked? And if it planted a hint of worry about what this pack's neighbors might do or say then just so be it. She didn't mind if she stirred up a bit of discord or ill feelings while she was here.

Salsola
DEAD
Ophelia Lockehart
CESARIO ILLYRIA

POSTED: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:42 pm

hope the pp to the hotel is okay?

Leading them in the direction of the hotel that served as the pack's central location, the Queen forced herself to maintain an even pace with the larger woman. Though she wanted nothing more than to not be looking at the young pup, she had learned enough from her parents to know that turning her back on a complete stranger was a poor decision. Unless you led a bloodthirsty gang to their borders before you came here, I find it unlikely that they will even notice you, Charlotte spoke, her tone a bit more sharp than she might have intended. Mentally, she shook herself, trying to calm the tension she felt.

Approaching the hotel, Charlotte realized that the door was open and someone was standing halfway on the porch with their head inside, talking to someone else. A moment later, she recognized the wolf as Robin, who smiled at the pair as she turned around. Hello my lady, and our guest, she spoke, looking to the Queen for introduction. For a moment, Charlotte paused, then spoke to the woman and child. I am sorry, but I did not ask your name back at the borders. A major slip of judgement, perhaps, but she had not felt comfortable or herself there.

Charlotte Haskel

Meghann
chocolate cherry kisses

POSTED: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:16 pm

308 → Can just end this thread.

Arte followed after the other woman as she was led into the pack's claimed territory. Her sister had been right as to the story that she had been hinted at to tell. Of course she would have to let Salvia know that her idea had worked perfectly. She wondered if her sister had had any dealings with these canines in the south before or not. No matter what she knew that the bleeding heart trick would work out. Of course Arte would have to tell Salvia that the plan had worked perfectly. It didn't even seem like they would think of turning her away.

"I don't think I did." The large girl hadn't stopped by any other pack on her way here. The only stop that she had made had been in Halifax. But then again it wasn't like she actually had a pack chasing down behind her. Actually the one whom had scarred her and terminated the rest of her litter had already been dealt with. Still it was an easy enough story to tell since there were grains of truth within it. Those grains of truth had made things easier to remember and build upon.

She followed the leader to the hotel where she assumed that she was to be staying. A nod was given to the male that was already present. "Hello." She spoke to him before focusing on what the female was saying to her. "I am Ophelia Lockehart and this is my daughter Gertrude." The names just flowed so easily from her tongue now. She couldn't think of how many times that she had repeated them but they had quickly become second nature to her. "Is this where we will be staying while we are here?" She asked as she gave a quick glance around.

Salsola
DEAD
Ophelia Lockehart
CESARIO ILLYRIA

Dead Topics