Unayehisdi

p: Ulilohi, Ocèane, Attila, Duyugodv, Gemma

POSTED: Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:14 pm

This is set right after the thread where Gemma discovers the body in the cabin. This thread is for Ulilohi, Ocèane, Attila, Duyugodv, and Gemma. Please let Marit post with Ulilohi first! Then it will be open to Ann, Vida, and Jace! :) Once it's your turn, post short and quick. This thread won't need to be too long. Round 1 will be attending and round 2 will be where your character shares their info!

Members not named: fear not! We'll have a pack-wide thread after this one soon!

Edit: Attila will be NPC'd for round 1, but Vida will be posting with him for round 2!

After finding the body in the prisoner’s cabin, Claudius and Ulilohi knew it was time to bring the rest of the AniWayans together. It was too soon, however, to announced the grisly news. Claudius needed to know what the rest of the pack knew: who had encountered the spirits haunting the tribe? Who had asserted that it was the Ghostly Hollow at the root of this? They needed to bring everyone together to determine what was going on—once and for all.

As they trekked back to the town hall, Claudius and Ulilohi discussed who they should call. Duyugodv, certainly: he had been there with Claudius when the spirit guides had disappeared. Gemma too should attend, for her participation was now well-known. Ocèane and her spirit guide, the only spirit guide in AniWaya, might have their own input. Beyond that, they would call for any others who felt they had a connection.

Once they were standing in front of the hall, Claudius sent out a howl summoning Duyugodv and Ocèane as well as anyone else who had investigated the strange goings-on or had been impacted by it.
Adopt Aether Creed in Inferni! Avatar by Libri and commissioned by Sylvey!Adopt Lucilla Key!

POSTED: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:27 pm

OOC: Exciting!

--

Ulilohi attempted to show herself outwardly as calm, but even if the initial shock of the discovery had now begun to sink in, she felt like the attempt was failing. Claudius called the others after their quick discussion on who they needed to talk to, and the councilwoman paced next to him as they waited for the others to arrive. Her mind was not racing quite as fast as it had just a short while earlier, but she still dove into tentative explanations for everything that was happening, and found only more questions. What did it all mean? Ulilohi was a clever enough wolf, or so she'd always thought, but she would be the first to admit that she was not cut out for this mystery, and it showed. She had an urge to solve the situation, but her default mode was action. With no answers she had nowhere to direct her motivation, so she could onlt pace restlessly. The shawl was still wrapped around her face from earlier and she unwrapped herself it in a fidgety manner, continuing to correct the shawl several times over. Luckily Claudius was proving more of a thinker than she was, and she finally just sat down as they waited, to keep herself still. Action was delayed until they had all come together here, and there was energy to preserve.
Adopt Aiyanna Amara?
Avatar by Miyu | Aiyanna Amara by Sie | Chibi Ulilohi by Sunny | Post log & stuffs

Marit
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2010 Winner! Spending too much time in clover fields!

POSTED: Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:32 pm

Hereee we go~

Word Count → 288

What a welcome. Océane had arrived back home after three years of traveling and getting to know the world outside of her home pack, before she decided it was time to return, and perhaps this time, stay. She expected to come, sleep, eat, recuperate, and catch up with her remaining family. She imagined cozy and fun, and couldn’t wait to slip back into pack life. But all of those hopes were blown away like cobwebs in the breath of disaster. The spirit guides were gone, and a sickness was spreading. It threatened the life of the entire AniWaya. Well, this was very unexpected.

She still didn’t have the full story. Bits and pieces were shared, but she was missing vital points. What was the heart of it all? Had she not been told everything? Or did her people only know this little? After taking a long-needed wash, and a couple full nights of sleep, her mind wouldn’t slow down for even a moment. There had to be something. A reason to it all. When Claudius’s call rose to the sky, she knew it was intended for her, as well. Océane crouched and extended a hand, the white cobra sliding up her arm to curl around her neck, weaving between long cocoa tresses. Aedus and Océane looked at each other for a moment, knowing what was coming, before she set off toward the gathering.

When she arrived, she nodded respectfully to Ulilohi and gave a small half-hearted smile at Claudius, before following suit and sitting on the cold earth. Aedus coiled himself closer to the woman’s neck, and she absent mindedly stroked a finger over his colorless scales as she waited for the rest of the party to arrive.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Satish.M; table by Aly

Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:36 pm

Skipping Jace

--

Once the others arrived, Ulilohi nodded at each of them in greeting, but there was nothing of her usual spirit in it. Instead, her movements were cut off and she looked out into nothing or the ground as she was thinking, glancing sometimes at Claudius, both nervous and worried. She knew that there was little she could do but think or discuss or wait, but the urge to just do something drove her away from any kind of constructive thinking. Claudius had the lead, he had the mind, out of the two of them. She knew it would be worrying to the other tribesmembers to see her incapacitated by the situation. Not even when Gemma had been attacked had she felt so cornered, because at least then she had had a purpose, to race to Gemma's side and actively tend to the situation. Perhaps another time she would have concealed her worry, if it had been a little thing. To stop her tribesmembers from joining her in her worry. But this was no little thing, and she had decided not to hide it. Doing so wouldn't change anything, after all. And besides, they all had reason to worry.

Everyone Claudius had called for finally came, and Ulilohi just took the word immediately as Oceane arrived, killing the thick silence that dominated their little meeting thus far before the female had even managed to sit down properly. "Gemma's found something," she said, bluntly and with urgency in her voice. "Claudius can explain... we have a theory of sorts."
Adopt Aiyanna Amara?
Avatar by Miyu | Aiyanna Amara by Sie | Chibi Ulilohi by Sunny | Post log & stuffs

Marit
Luperci SoSuWriMo 2010 Winner! Spending too much time in clover fields!

POSTED: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:23 am

Claudius nodded in affirmation at Ulilohi’s words. He was still rather shaken from what Gemma had uncovered and he was hoping that the presence of Frodo and Payne waiting outside of the town hall would give him comfort. Although they were not quite part of the investigation, it made him feel a bit better knowing they had some strength in numbers. And beyond them, they still had many more AniWayans in the tribe on whom they could rely: Tiva, Aranck (now that he was feeling better), Light, Aduladi, Ibycus, Nate-River, and Tisala. They were by no means small, but they were humbled. At the very least, they had to be humbled.

Claudius coughed and tried to clear his voice with a quick bark.

“Yuh-yes, there ha-as been suh-some suh-strange goings-on in Ani-wuh-Waya,” he began, letting his gaze sweep across all those present. “The fuh-first thuh-thing I cuh-can ruh-remember is… Gemma and I buh-being a-attacked buh-by the puh-prisoner’s cabin. Now, wuh-we’ve found… a dead body there. None of u-us ruh-recognize him. Buh-but that cuh-can’t be a c-c-c-coincidence. I-I… I think… it muh-mah ha-ave been his guh-ghost who a-attacked us. Huh-he’s ruh-restless. A-and thuh-then, a fuh-few d-days luh-later… Duyugodv a-and I nuh-noticed thuh-that our suh-spirit guides… were gone. So t-t-t-too wuh-were muh-my mate’s a-and my buh-brother’s. Wuh-we brought i-it t-t-t-to Uli-luh-lohi. A-and wuh-when muh-my suh-sister ruh-returned t-t-to the tribe… her spirit guide… was… there! S-so there is s-something t-terribly wrong in AniWaya. And… the sickness. There… has been a t-t-terrible… sickness. It nearly t-t-t-took A-Aranck fuh-from us, but unfortunately… instead… it took a new member: Betje A-Aarle. I… that i-is wuh-what I know. I duh-don’t know if thuh-the sickness… and the body… are ruh-related or… why… and also c-concerning is… why the suh-spirits huh-have left us.” Mentally and physically tired from the speech, Claudius let himself slump a bit as he exhaled.

“Suh-so… anyone… who nuh-knows… anything, puh-please suh-speak up s-so we c-c-c-can d-determine… the c-cause… of our… misfortune.”
Adopt Aether Creed in Inferni! Avatar by Libri and commissioned by Sylvey!Adopt Lucilla Key!

POSTED: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:32 pm

Attila slunk away from his den, all this sickness and confusion had made him sink back into himself and become, once again, a loner. He arrived with no words nodding to everyone and letting his gaze linger on his sister. This was the first time he'd seen her apart from quick glances since her return. He wasn't quite sure what to say. Instead he hummed a short hello and moved on to stand near Claudius. His brother was always the one person he gravitated towards, if he was with Claudius he knew he'd be fine.

He listened quietly, nodding to himself when necessary. The snowy creature had his own theories, but he said little. Just few sentences, 'Couldn't it be a disease. Aren't dead bodies dirty?' he questioned, he looked up and then returned his gaze to the ground.
Attila Aston
There are wounds that never show on the body
that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.

Vida~
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:06 am

Duyugodv Ayosdi
brittle stillness

He had not been good enough for Betje and as a consequence she had lost her fight. The guilt settled on Duyugodv like a cloak and the giant was diminished as he came to the meeting. The last one to arrive. It was sickening to him the things that were crippling this small branch of the Great Tribe and he fought the longing to return to his family, his overwhelming mother and the things they offered him. But no, he had made the decision to come out here, to follow Aduladi and Ulilohi and make it on his own, he would not run now.

His greetings were halfhearted and those he garnered back likewise but there was no offense, they all felt the misery keenly and it was palatable in the air. There had been so much bad to happen and the pale firetender's finding of the body was just the latest of bad news. The absence of the Spirit Guides was most prevalent and not for the first nor the last time Duy wished that Uwolata was there. He followed Claudius' stuttered speech and felt empathy for the councilman as he slumped with exhaustion. The problems seemed to be sucking the life out of them all and there appeared to be nothing they could do. He spoke up then,

"The body we removed from Grandfather's Tears was very well decomposed. It's possible its remnants are still contaminating the water and prolonging the sickness. I would suggest we find alternate sources of water to drink if there is one near enough to use." His knowledge in medicine helped to straighten him up, "The Spirit Guides could have fled from this vengeful spirit?"

((ooc: ))

POSTED: Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:32 am

Gemma Silvertooth
the map never lies

She was surprisingly calm given that she had just discovered a body. The Otlva Gata let herself breathe in and out several times to keep the calm there. She just needed to hold on, to what? Her sanity? Her mind? She was struggling not to lose it but on the outside she was calm faced even as panic began to rise within her. She put on a brave face. She didn't fail to notice how beaten everybody looked and found it hard not to copy them but she was the spiritual guidance here. Her attention was momentarily stolen by the arrival of Claudius' sister who she understood was taking the fire tending rank too. Upon the subject of the Spirit Guides, Gemma hadn't seen Tamai Waki since the night Nvda had been born almost year ago. It still hurt. She wondered if he had abandoned her for good. The years stretched out before her without his presence and she wept internally. She missed him.

She feared though, even though it was not as bad as times of the past she still feared. for her children, for her friends, for the tribe as a whole. They couldn't fight mist and shadows. How could they beat off this foe and restore order?

"The ghost.. spirit. It.. he was very angry at something. Maybe us as the living? I could feel, when he attacked me and Claudius that he just wanted to cause hurt, to make others suffer..." She tailed off, unsure as to how to continue.

((ooc: ))
Gemma Tlvdatsi

POSTED: Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 pm

Sorry for the delay everybody~

Word Count → 419

Faces, new and old, slowly trickled into being. She’d seen the members around, some familiar, others unknown, but had never gotten the chance to introduce herself. It had been only a few days since her arrival, and so much had happened. She saw their bodies: limbs heavy, eyes tired. Her pack was sick, her people sad and confused. She may not be as tired, but her heart ached, she didn’t know what was happening, nor why it was. Even Aedus- she figured he would know the most, but he knew very little. The little that he did know, he didn’t share fully with Océane. She could understand this: he wanted everybody to know, and she in the process. Then comprehension would be equal.

The woman listened to the others speak, her eyes lingering on Attila. She hadn’t gotten to say hello to him yet. She knew they weren’t as close as they used to be, but she hoped they would be able to talk again soon. Meanwhile, her mind rolled the info over in her mind. Océane had the same feeling that Gemma had: the spirits were unhappy, but was it with them?

After silence fell after the short bought of speak, the woman could feel Aedus’s cold scales move over her fur as he slithered from around her neck to be more visible to the others. His pale head moved, lifting, neck fanning for a second before he concealed it again. Then he spoke. “The spirits are unhappy.” He began, the English accent that always fell from his forked tongue grabbing any attention that was still being lacked. “The spirit guides would not run from a sickness.” His dark eyes moved briefly over Duyugodv, Gemma, and Attila, sharp tongue flicking before he opened serpent jaws again. “I believe that they would flee because of the absence of spirit- the body, you call it.” Aedus paused, closing his jaws abruptly. He looked back at Oce for a moment, before she gave him another soft nod. Continue. The pale snake curled his body into a coil, raising his head higher before continuing. “We would not have liked how this spirit left. It was not respected. It was taken without reason- what you call murder. And the absence of proper ceremony to send it on its way. It rubs my scales the wrong way.” Saying such, the spirit guide fell silent, his eyes watching each tribe member for a moment before he lowered his head.

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Satish.M; table by Aly

Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

Dead Topics