'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
The Fog is Lifted - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: The Fog is Lifted (/showthread.php?tid=10723)

Pages: 1 2

- Ruri Aceline - 05-13-2010

[html]

She needs her knight in shining armor ^_^.

Word Count:581+

Weeks had gone by now. He really was gone, and not coming back. No explanation; none had been given. The fact that it had been raining off and on only seemed to help her dig herself into the emotional hole she was in. Her bangs hung in her face, covering her bloodshot, milky blue eyes. She didn't bother to fix it. Her hair was of little importance to her now. The petite, fragile Dauphine of Cour des Miracles sat, knees hugged to her chest on her couch as she rested her chin on top, tears slowly trickling down her face. One might have been surprised that she had any left by now. It seemed like she never stopped crying, not even for those moments when she let herself doze off, which weren't often.

The news had torn her apart, and the pack meeting had done little to help. Of course it had been right. After all, everyone had needed to know the state of things; who was in command now. Vigilante had done a good job, and doubtless he would fill the post well, probably better than she wanted to admit. She just couldn't understand! Why did this have to happen?! What had she done wrong?! Things weren't supposed to work out this way. Jacquez was gone, probably for good. Hadn't he remembered his promise?! He had said he'd never leave her...that he'd always be there for her. He promised! Now he was gone, her best friend, her father, her brother, all rolled into one. He'd abandoned her.

Or maybe he hadn't. Maybe she'd been the one to drive him away. Maybe he thought she didn't want to be around him anymore. She should have visited more often. They were family, she'd promised him that she'd visit, and what had she done!? This was all her fault wasn't it, and now she was being punished for lying to her friend, the man who had sacrificed so much to keep her alive, keep her safe. She deserved to feel this horrible didn't she?

The innocent, emotionally sensitive collie had been debating with herself for just as long as Jac had been gone over these many issues. She knew it was stupid. She knew she had a life to get back to, a mate and more friends who loved her, and her cat who, though he had stepped out occasionally, had rarely been out of earshot, unsure of what to make of his mistress' sudden change of demeanor. She shouldn't be this way. She hated being upset; hated thinking this way, but this dislike of her own emotional state seemed to only feed it. She wasn't strong enough to break free of it, not this time. So she sat, waiting. She knew he'd be home, eventually. He'd come and gone several times these past couple weeks, making sure she was alright, being there to listen to her worries, telling her he loved her, but other than that remaining silent. She'd been a horrible mate to him lately, not even bothering to come to bed, but sitting on the couch, forcibly depriving herself of sleep as some sort of penance for feeling the way she did. She'd hope it might make it better, though she knew such thoughts were irrational. She was on the brink. She was slowly inching her way out of the chasm she'd thrown herself into, but her heart was tired. She needed him to pull her out.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 05-14-2010

[html]

:3

He would kill Jac for what he had done to her. It was the only solution to curb the anger that had begun to brew the moment he found that the King had deserted them. It was not the pack that Heath worried for, not the rest were strong enough, they could survive. Hell they had survived as he went out and drunk himself into oblivion and slept around like any average and primal dog. Heath had been able to look past all of his flaws and live with the idea of serving him. But it was only for her sake. Heath would have left long ago if Ruri had not settled his wandering sprit and curbed his youthful rage. He owed her his life, and Jac had threatened to take her from him and even then Heath had been the one to walk away. He had done so, for he knew that hurting the collie male would hurt his beloved and he would have rather kill his own heart then see tears in her eyes. And this is how Jac treated her, throwing her away like a cheep whore and leaving without a word.

There was so little that he could do, so little that could be done for any of them really. The news has been broken to them calmly by the new reining King, and with it her heart had been shattered as well. Heath had tried, had held her as she cried and wiped away the tears that she wept. He had soothed the tattered words that she spoke, not knowing how it was that she would be able to live on without the only one she had known to be a parent to her. Their ties went so deep into the past that Heath could not travel there, and it pained him to think that he could not ease those love lasting aches. And when he could not, Heath had fallen to anger and hate. Never in her presence, never even in their house. But the nights she did not come to their bed were long and sleepless ones. And he had stood in the dark of night, watching as she sat on the couch that had been her closest friend during these tired times.

It was another day, and Heath had yet to give in. There would always be hope for her in his heart, and the male would work until he took his last breath to right the wrong Jac had done her. The bells beyond their front door rang, teased by the warm ocean winds and calling to his ears. He wore his best jeans (though still tattered and weathered) and a new shirt that he had found. It was soft but did not own enough buttons for him to close it around his chest. Stark walked beside him, dark eyes filled with the life that his body seemed to lack in his lazy and slow gait.

He had tried everything else, and he would try again and again. Leaving the horse Heath took the steps to the door in a few hurried leaps and then entered the dark house quietly. The cat they cared for padded up to him, and Heath bent to lift the large feline with an over-sized paw. The orange feline hung in his hand, pleased that Heath would give him any sort of attention and the male pressed him against his chest as he walked into the house. There she sat, curled on the couch that Heath was growing jealous of. Neither males made a sound as they approached the female that they loved duly.

Heath knelt beside her on the hard wooden floor, and the cat jumped to lay beside her, head rubbing against her leg in affection. Gold eyes looked at her face, a hand reach up to cup the cheek in the silence that they had sat in for weeks now. He hated this, hated Jac and hated himself for being inadequate and unable to shield her from all this pain. But there was only love that could be projected in her presence, love that held her held her face as he knelt ready to beg for her to return to him. Amour he called to her, searching for the one that lived inside this sorrowful shell.

<style type="text/css">
.soildground b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#524a3d; color:#b6b1a9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.soildgroundooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6b1a9; text-align:left;}
.soildground p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.soildground {margin:0 auto; width:378px; background-color:#1c2a43; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 757069.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #808080; padding: 0px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#878c94; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

500+

- Ruri Aceline - 05-16-2010

[html]

Keep it up Heath! She's almost there!

She did not move, not even an inch when the scent of her mate reached her. Her sensitive ears, flat against her head, heard the footsteps, the door opening, Soleil walking up to meet him. She didn't even react. So deep was she within her self dug emotional chasm that she seemed to lose control of herself physically, or rather she didn't care enough to try. She was trying to get out. She wanted out. But her ineptitude at achieving her goal only made her slip farther. Pupil-less eyes stared forward, not even bothering to move towards the sound of her mate's entry.

However, when he knelt down in front of her, and Soleil rubbed up against her, something inside of her seemed to stir. Her eyes only blinked, but it was a reaction. Heath's hand cupping her cheek produced a similar reaction. Then he spoke one of his nicknames for her, in that beautiful French tongue. His voice penetrated her ears, but his loving, pleading tone reached her soul, the part of her that had been trying for days now to escape this depression. She blinked several times, even managed to move her ears. She heard him. He'd given her the hand she'd needed. She was almost out.

Slowly, very slowly for her muscles were stiff, she unwrapped her arms from around her knees. Her delicate, soft hand moved to touch his, lower lip quivering as she started to cry once more. "I-I'm...I'm here...Heath! I don't want to be sad anymore, but I am! I'm trying to stop, but...I can't," she sobbed, her throat soar from the hours of sobbing she'd gone through. She was almost there. He'd gotten her this far, and she wanted to be better. He'd done it, but she still needed a bit more help.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 05-17-2010

[html]

lol

She was beautiful, even in her mourning, her pale eyes soft against the shadowed merle pelt. But her face was sad, stone in expression and lacking the energy that was so normal present whenever he looked at her. It made the anger all the more threatening, banging at the door of his composure. He couldn’t live with her like this, not without seeking revenge on the one that cause her this sorrow, not without trying everyday to bring her out of this depression. His heart’s beat was slow, calm despite the rage. She made him so, gathering his pieces and fitting them together to run smoothly and without a hitch. It was because of her that he did not search for the King, it was because of her that his effort could not be placed towards a kinder solution.

She stirred, in the smallest of ways. His gaze widened as he took in the smallest of details. Sightless eyes blinked, folded ears twitched. Then, like she was in a dream, lost in a haze of depression so deep that it blinded her mind as much as her sight, she moved with caution and hesitation. She tried to speak, amber eyes watching her lips and his heart sinking at the sight of their falter. Her words were heavy with her ragged breath. His brown lowered once more, his own face drooping at the sight of her tears and the sound of her pained voice. He could hear the crack of her used vocals, the crying having wracked through her throat for days on end.

I know. He spoke, quickly and with compassion. He knew she was here, knew she would not leave him. He gave soft shushing sounds, his other hand moving to hold her face in place. He tipped it gently, wanting to see the eyes that need not bleed with salty tears. As he looked into them he felt his own heat with the sorrow that all of this brought him. It’s okay. I know you don’t want to be sad. Heath encouraged, saying the same words he had been saying for the past weeks. He was here, and it was going to be okay. Softly he stroked her cheek, the fur damp and matted. Fingers of his light colored hand brushed the fur of her mane from her face, You know I love you, and you know we can get through this. Simple words, pushing the knowledge that he knew she had in her mind. Things that she just needed to believe, and needed to hold onto.

<style type="text/css">
.soildground b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#524a3d; color:#b6b1a9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.soildgroundooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b6b1a9; text-align:left;}
.soildground {margin:0 auto; width:378px; background-color:#1c2a43; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 757069.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #808080; padding: 0px 0px 190px 0px; font-family: Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#878c94; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+

- Ruri Aceline - 05-17-2010

[html]

aaaand Ruri's back, a bit sudden I know, but she's sick of being depressed so that accelerated the change. ^_^

Word Count:600+

She couldn't help but lean into his hand as he rubbed her cheek. For the first time in days the numbness of her body was beginning to fade. She craved the caress of his dark hand, though she still cried. Why was she doing this? Hadn't she just said she wanted to stop this? The silver and ivory lautari did not know why, but she was consciously making an effort to stop. "H-Heath...I'm sorry for this. I'm...It...it just hurts so bad," she replied, her weak arms moving to hug him. She wanted to hold him, and for him to hold her. For these past few nights she'd barely moved from her curled up, sitting position on the couch. Her body protested at the sudden surge of movement, but she needed to hug him. The fragile collie had not eaten much of anything since the pack meeting. She wasn't starving, but she was weak, and somewhat dizzy. Her depression had dulled her keen senses temporarily, and now they were beginning to wake up, letting her know just how far she'd fallen into herself. "I...I know he didn't mean for it to hurt. I-It's like Vigilante said, he just hates staying in one place for t-too long," she stuttered, leaning into her mate's muscular form. "I...I...miss him, b-but I have you." She continued to cry, though her sobs were abating, leaving behind only the hiccups that had come and gone with the varying degrees of severe crying.

She was standing now, her mate moving with her and helping to hold her up. It had taken a few minutes for her to get the nerve to stand, and another moment for her to find her balance after sitting for so long. But Heath was there; the rock that kept her grounded in reality. Jac was gone, yes, and he probably wasn't coming back. Why had it taken her so long to realize this? Why had she been so upset? Deep down, she had always known Jac would eventually move on. His promise to never leave her had been made when she was a puppy, a fearful, emotionally scarred puppy. He'd made that promise to her to make her feel safe and secure. She owed it to him not to be sad that he'd gone. The pirate king would always be her parental figure, the one she loved as only a daughter could, but he had needed to leave.

Her tears had stopped now, her arms were wrapped tightly around her mate's form, soft, delicate hands pressed against the backs of his shoulders. "I'm sorry I've been sad so long. I...I think I'm going to be okay now," she apologized, clearing her throat to try and make it easier to speak. Her pupil-less eyes now turned upward, looking towards his face, and slowly but surely the color of sadness faded from her face leaving behind a familiar, loving smile. "I-I, hic," she hiccupped again, blushing slightly in embarrassment, "I love you Heath, I'll try never to be so sad again." Her nightingale voice had regained some of its resonating tone to it as she rubbed her hands up and down her mate's back in a gesture of affection. The soft fabric of his shirt felt good underneath her fingers. Everything seemed to feel a whole lot better now that she was starting to revert to her old self. "Let's go outside...I want to ride Stark down the beach, and then...go swimming in the ocean...after that, I'll cook whatever food we have, I think I'm a bit hungry," she exclaimed, her face beaming with new found happiness. She needed to make up for lost time, and there was no time like the present to do so. Hopefully Heath wouldn't mind.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 05-18-2010

[html]

yayyy

There were some emotions that just couldn’t be controlled. Not matter how hard they tried. They were overpowering, but it wasn’t just their strength that made it impossible to sedate them. There was a weakness for them, an internal yearning or need that those feelings filled. Weakened, bruised by something, it made them all far more susceptible to the depression, made it so much easier to fall into the darkness. How hard it was, and how much she wished them gone she couldn’t simply leave them aside and walk away from all of this. Ruri had needed Jac, had always needed him. It hurt Heath to know that she needed someone else. But it was the truth and he would be a fool to ignore it. Her voice broke through the heavy silence, and Heath moved closer as she slowly edged towards him. In and instant he was on the couch, arms wrapped around her small form.

The words poured from her mouth, and Heath tried not to tense at the instant forgiveness that she gave the ex-King. It felt wrong, so very wrong in his mind. Jac didn’t deserve it, such a thing needed to be earned not just given. But it was what made her better then him, it’s what made her able to love him as she did. She never blamed anyone, never made it hard on them or held a grudge. He admired her for that, even if his own emotion still made it impossible to forgive Jac. Heath didn’t think he ever would, he would gladly hold the grudge that Ruri couldn’t. He allowed her to say everything with nothing more then a silent support, to let the words bring forth the emotion and expel it from her heavy heart. She needed this, after the days and days of quiet internal reflection. She was so bottled up, Heath knew she had to have these moments to rid herself of it.

He held her close, feeling her soft fur against his chest and moved her gently until they both stood. They remained in silence, still and simply allowing the time to pass and to heal her. Heath was content in just being, having felt her missing from his life these weeks she had spent residing in her own mind. The embraced healed him as well, and the male savored the contact, content to stand there until she was ready to take the next step forward. Her apology was unnecessary, but he could not lie and pretend he didn’t feel better knowing that her actions affected him so deeply. You are. He responded, tone soft and quiet. He moved his hand behind her ear, petting the tangled fur.

He smiled as the hiccup moved from her body to lightly shake his. She was close to recovering, he knew that at least. Her words and voice never ceased to touch his heart as she expressed her love for him. With more power then before he spoke, I love you too. One hand held her back, pressing her close against him. He had missed her, and he wished to show her how much he had, remind her that this world was the one that truly wanted her, not the darkness of depression. Her voice, face, and body livened and felt more like the familiar Ruri as he touched her fur. He’s outside waiting for us. Heath moved slightly, taking her with him as they began to head for the door.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

500+

- Ruri Aceline - 05-21-2010

[html]

His touch strengthened her, brought back the feeling in her numb body. As he held her close to him, her own arms wrapped around his chest, she knew he was more important. He was more important than her grief. He was so much more worth living for. For a time, she had felt that Jac and Heath were equally important to her. The petite woman regretted that it had taken her two weeks of depression to finally realize that Heath would always be more important. His encouraging words, reinforcing her idea that she was ready to be happy again, echoed in her folded collie ears. She was alright, no turning back now. The slight optime would try her hardest, never to let such grief strike her down again.

As the coy-wolf echoed her expression of affection with one of his own, Ruri could not help but smile. She even managed a small, playful laugh, so happy to hear those words. He had said he loved her several times over the past couple weeks, but she had not paid much attention. Now, she held onto those words, savored them, and craved more. Milky blue eyes flickered open once more, having been shut tight as she basked in the presence of her mate. They managed to find Heath's face, though only occasionally did they ever meet his golden orbs. She knew he would see hers, though. She wanted him to see just how happy he made her, how much he had banished the darkness from her soul.

At the revelation that Stark was outside, Ruri couldn't help but wag her plumed tail eagerly. She vaguely remembered having smelled the pale stallions scent, but she had likely dismissed it as simply lingering upon her mate. Not so, for the steed was actually outside, awaiting his master and mistress. "Let's go! Let's go, I don't want to wait anymore. I've been sitting still for too long, wasted too much time," she exclaimed, her voice carrying a puppish excitement as she now proceeded to pull her mate towards the door. The darkness had left her, but she wanted to utterly banish it with happiness, send it hurling into the void where it belonged. Soleil, the adolescent Maine coon, was now curled up in the section of the couch that had previously been occupied by his mistress. Master Heath had done the job of curing whatever was wrong with Ruri, and now that all was right in his little feline world, he could return to the simple pleasure of sleeping in a warm spot on the old couch. So, as Ruri continued to pull on Heath, leading him outside, the cat drifted into a nap. The day had been a success as far as he was concerned, he would end it on that pleasant note. For Ruri and Heath, however, the fun was only just beginning.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 05-22-2010

[html]

i like how you ended that post, a lot Big Grin

Heath knew that there was no more important task then bringing her out of this sadness. There would be nothing more important then taking care of her. His life would revolve around her and her happiness, and Heath saw nothing wrong with that fact. The male was content, more so then he had ever been and though all of this hurt him, not knowing how to bring her out of this depression, worrying that he was not strong enough to turn the tide of her unhappiness, he would rather hurt then be without her. Such a thing would be the death of him.

Golden eyes watched as her face softened, lips turning into a smile and Heath felt himself smile along with her. They caught the pale blue eyes, their light flickering brightly onto his as they searched him. He felt then lavish over his heart, looking deeper then any normal sighted gaze. It warmed his core, giving him a sense of familiar comfort. She looked like herself, not just seemed like the normal gleeful Ruri that he was used to but actually was. It was easy for him to see it was truly her and that she had returned to him, having been searching for all these weeks. He hugged her closer briefly, embracing the woman he loved and not just the shadow of her being.

At her statement Heath began to feel a lighthearted nature rise in him. As she pulled him he remained stationary, his hands holding her and his voice spoke with an obvious tease, Are you sure? Her eagerness was something he did not with to outright diminish, but she was back and Heath wanted to enjoy the playfulness that he was used to. As she pulled a bit more he sagged his body a bit as if she had finally convinced him and he submitted. His tone was full of mock annoyance Alright, alright., and he could not keep the façade up for long. A small bought of laughter escaped him as they exited the house.

Making it to the porch, the pale stallion stood just beyond their door and in the grasses that lingered. Heath gave a whistle and the horse perked at the sound, his head rising with grass in his large mouth. Slowly, the mellow creature wandered towards them. Heath swept her into his arms, refusing to allow their bodies any time apart. Strong arms held her, carrying her to the tall horse. He felt a great relief as they got close to the Stark, finally finding her and knowing that Jac would just a memory and not something that could destroy them, ever.

<style type="text/css">
.heathwantnothing b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b4a28e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathwantnothingooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#574e44; text-align:right;}
.heathwantnothing p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.heathwantnothing {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#dfdedc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... othing.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #574e44; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11.8px; color:#574e44; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+

- Ruri Aceline - 05-26-2010

[html]

ooc

As she had started to pull on him, Heath had done something funny. He was making a game out of the whole thing. At first, he stood still, her eager tugs on his arm not budging his strong form even an inch. Her plumed tail wagged even faster as she giggled at her mate's sarcastic question, "Yeah! Come on! Come on!" she replied, her petite form struggling against the weight of her mate to try and pull him towards the door. Then, shortly after her response he gave in, allowing his body to slouch in her direction, letting her pull him. His mock annoyance made her giggle, and when he joined her with laughter of his own, the sound tickled her ears. She loved hearing her mate audibly express his happiness. His laugh was one of the many things she absolutely adored about him.

As they made it outside, Ruri heard Heath whistle shortly after which he scooped her up in his arms. She couldn't help but squeal playfully, interlocking her hands behind his neck to help support herself in his arms, though she knew he was more than capable of carrying her light frame. Stark neared, and Ruri turned to face the sound of his hooves. "Hello Stark! Did you miss me?" she questioned playfully. The gentle, brute of a horse was always glad to see her, so it only made sense that he would be glad after not seeing her for two weeks. She couldn't wait for Heath to help her up onto the steed's back, then she could give him a proper greeting. For now, though, she simply enjoyed the feeling of her body against that of her mate as he carried her the short distance from their porch to where the stallion now stood. Though the day was more than half over, for Ruri it was just beginning. She and Heath still had lots to do, time to try and reclaim. One thing was for sure, by the time they were done they would be so tired that making it to their bed would be a chore.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 05-28-2010

[html]

His world had stood still when Jac had left. Once he had heard the news Heath had known how it was going to affect his mate, he had known that there would be this sadness in her that would take days to leave. But it hadn’t just taken days. Weeks had passed before this uplifting and before his world could begin to turn once again. The clouds were parting for him as well, the day just beginning for him too. Life without her, in the state that she had been was a life that did not work for Heath. It was a world without any notion of happiness.

The stallion seemed to wake with the call of his name in his mistress’ voice. The pale horse always came to life in her presence, and it was her high beautiful tone that made his ears swiveled and his head bob. He even gave a welcoming whinny; it was all very far from the stone statue that was his normal stature. Heath placed her gently on the ground beside the horse, and Stark took the liberty of placing his large leathery nose in her hand.

Though he might seem it, the creature was not so simple minded. It was his calm nature that drew Heath to him, knowing that he would serve his blind love well. Slow, calm, placid, it was all what he needed for her. Heath trusted Stark more then Lumière, though his love for the mare could not be topped by any other hoofed beast, he still would not trust her not to break and gallop away with Ruri on her back. The light dappled gray, that was a horse Heath could trust.

He let them reunite, giving as much time as Ruri wished and enjoyed to watch her interact with the large horse. And when she was ready Heath took her by the waist and helped her gentling on his back.

<style type="text/css">
.heathwantnothing b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b4a28e; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathwantnothingooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#574e44; text-align:right;}
.heathwantnothing {margin:0 auto; width:337px; background-color:#dfdedc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... othing.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #574e44; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:11.8px; color:#574e44; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

300+

- Ruri Aceline - 06-03-2010

[html]

Okay, not quite sure if I liked this post, but I just wanted to get something out because I feel horrible when I delay things so long. Sometimes I just have to force my muse into submission y'know?

Soft, alabaster hand felt the touch of the stallion's nose against it and immediately responded. She loved the feel of Stark's velvety, soft nose. That seemed to be his sweet spot, for he always relaxed whenever she pet him there. The blind collie was still grinning, ecstatic that her horse had been so excited to see her that he greeted her vocally. He didn't do that very often."That's a good boy, I'm happy to see you too," she whispered affectionately as she continued to run her fingers over the pale, dappled fur. Ever since she had learned to brush him, she was always paying attention to his fur. At the moment he felt clean, and the petite femme suspected that Heath had brushed him before coming back to the house. Of course he had. Why did she doubt it? She scolded herself inwardly for a moment only to be snapped out of her thoughts by Heath's strong hands clasping her waist and lifting her atop the horse. "Thank's darling! I don't think I could get on him by myself, without the steps anyway," she replied, leaning forward and wrapping her arms around Stark's muscular neck as she waited for her mate to get on behind her. Now was the time for fun, time to get themselves drunk on happiness and each other.

When her mate mounted Stark, she leaned agaist him for a moment, gently nuzzling him. He was the best thing that ever happened to her. Her gesture of affection complete, the silver and ivory woman sat up, ears perked forward, ready to ride. "Lets go, Heath. Down the beach! I think there is a small inlet further down where the current isn't as strong and we can go swimming!" She encouraged, bouncing slightly in anticipation. This was going to be fun, and she wanted to experience it all to the fullest. The sad, depressed Ruri was gone for good and she wanted to taste life again.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 06-04-2010

[html]

<33!

He suspected that the connection was had been laid between the collie fey and that pale dappled stallion was much like the one that he own with Lumière. It was deep, secure and something that he trusted greatly. He knew the roan mare, and he saw that same understanding between Stark and Ruri. Though his love for the woman was greater then anything Heath could ever explain and truly understnd he did know that there was part of him that loved her even more because she had so easy fallen for the large horse. She loved every part of his life, even the hoofed aspect. It was easy to do so, and it happened more often then Heath realized, but as he watched her with Stark, Heath fell in love with her all over again.

Once his merle lover was up on the horse Heath took a moment to check the bridle and reins that Stark wore, and then mounted his broad back. Heath moved close, his chest touching her back securely. She leaned into him, and the male instinctually wrapped his black gloved arm around her. Holding her tightly he brought his nose down to touch her crown of silver fur. Once she was ready Heath smiled wide, Your heard her Stark. Heath spoke loudly before gently nudging the stallion into a walk.

Easing him into a fair trot the Marshal kept one eye on the trail ahead and another on the woman in front of him. They wouldn’t need to go far, and the ride was not long but the company, the stead, and the landscape made it exceedingly enjoyable. The trio left the lands of bell laced trees, their ringing fading into the distance and the taste of salt was heavy in the air as they neared the shore. The calls of gulls rang in the absence of the chiming bells, and the waves flowed with a low and easy tide to replace the creek of old ancient trees. Heath looked out onto the vast horizon, the ground having become sandy and the path lacked the variable the forest trails did.

He looked for the inlet, the rocks of the shattered coast hiding many different secrets. Then, there was a large towering rock that came into view as Stark took them slowly down the beach. Heath asked him to round the corner the rock created, and then found the small pool that it and the neighboring strong of rocks that lay on the beach’s sands. I think we’re here. He spoke softly in her ear.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

300+

- Ruri Aceline - 06-08-2010

[html]

Sorry for the delay ^_^

At Heath's urging, Stark had started down the beach, increasing his pace from a slow walk to a gentle trot. At such a pleasant clip it would not take them long to reach the swimming spot. Sure enough, it was only a few minutes before Heath whispered in her ear that he thought they were there. The lack of the sound of crashing waves led Ruri to believe that Heath was correct. "Well, let's get in the water," she replied, waiting for Stark to come to a halt, dismounting the horse was also difficult for her, as she could not really tell how far it was to the ground, or what she would be landing on. She'd wait for Heath to get off and let him help her down. One might have called it a simple excuse to have Heath hold her, which it partially was, but the fact that Ruri needed help could not be denied. What difference did it make whether she enjoyed letting Heath help her or not?

Ruri had not been swimming in a matter of months now, having only discovered this area of calm water just shortly after the pack formed. Before she had been given the opportunity to really use it a lot, the weather had cooled and swimming became a potential health hazard. Frigid ocean water surrounded by chilly wind would have spelled a blue merle, Border collie-cicle. Today, though, finally recovered from her grief, Ruri was back at this place to engage in one of her favorite activities. While she did not often swim strenuously, the delicate Dauphine had learned to at least tread water at an early age. Having grown up around docks and ships it had been a necessity to learn how to keep oneself afloat in the event that she ever fell overboard. So, her love of swimming was yet another aspect of her life that she owed to Jac. It had no doubt been an interesting sight watching a one armed dog trying to teach a fragile, blind pup how to swim. It had been especially difficult to learn as a pup because she could not feel where she was going, without bumping into things. After learning to shift, however, swimming became altogether easier. Gaining the ability to feel around with her hands had made swimming much simpler. The fact that she and Heath would be swimming in relatively shallow water would be a plus as well. The ocean breeze was now beginning to play with Ruri's hair, almost welcoming her back into the real world that she had left for these past couple weeks. As she sat there atop Stark's strong back, waiting for Heath to find a suitable stopping point, Ruri's smile only grew.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 06-09-2010

[html]

i know ><;; i could have sped things up, sorry if this seems to slow things >.>

He eased Stark to a halt. The horse was slow, but never when he asked gently and with respect. The dark eyes looked out onto the sea and his long pale face dipped down in compliance and stopped his pace just as the coy-wolf wished for it. Of course he would do anything she wished, but Heath was even more eager to please his mate in this situation. He did not fear outright that she would fall back into the dark depression but even if it was not a threat it did not leave his mind. Heath would push himself to show her that this was the world in which she belonged.

The male slid off the back of the stallion, and let his amber eyes gaze up at the merle collie for the briefest of moments. She would notice his staring, and so he took only a second before placing a light toned hand on her own, his black furred rested at her hip. She swung her leg over the dappled white back of Stark and Heath took hold over her waist. He was slow in his movements, waiting patiently for her to situate herself but also gladly allowing his hands to touch places they had not felt in weeks. While their last embrace had been fool-hearted and playful Heath allowed his hands to hold her completely as he helped her from the steed.

He felt the weight of her body, and as always she was lithe and light boned. But the texture of her fur against his own and the warmth of her body made her form seemingly heavy in his arms. The male allowed her foot-paws to touch the ground, yet he held her still until he felt her body grounded in the soft sand. With her hand in his own Heath led her away from the horse, and towards the soft tide of the inlet. The sound of the ocean surrounded them, filling his ears right beside the beat of his heart that crept skyward in response to his hands against her silk pelt. The water came forth, gently touching the tips of their toes. Heath hadn’t swum in many seasons, and could not place the last time he had. So he hesitated, golden hued eyes scanning the ocean before reaching her face.

<style type="text/css">
.heathgreentree b {font-weight:bold; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#729086; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathgreentreeooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#061000; text-align:right;}
.heathgreentree p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.heathgreentree {margin:0 auto; width:340px; background-color:#f8f8f8; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 15copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4a695c; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#061000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:11px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

- Ruri Aceline - 06-14-2010

[html]

Sorry for the delay. Been playing my new Wii game. Monster Hunter Tri. ^_^ 'Tis most awesomeness.

Ruri's dismount from Stark was slow, deliberately slow. She took her time swinging her leg over his back, enjoying the feel of her mate's hand on hers. Then, when she was finally ready he lifted her up and down to the ground, her lips curving in a smile as he did. The blind girl noted the longer amount of time that Heath held her, in fact she leaned into him to prolong a bit more. Milky blue eyes met his for a moment as they searched for his face before allowing her face to turn towards the water. The Marshal led her towards the ocean, and the lautari gauged how close they were by the feel of the dampening sand. Just as the water began to tickle her toes, Heath paused. Ears perked inquisitively, Ruri turned again to face her mate. "I hope you're ready," she laughed before slowly backing into the water, her two soft furred hands on Heath's, slowly leading him deeper into the cool, soft current. The inlet wasn't very deep, only about five feet at the deepest point. Ruri only walked far enough for the water to be just to her chest before releasing her grip. Catch me if you can!" she called before dipping under the water and swimming for the far edge of the natural pool. She knew Heath would be able to catch her, for she would have to stop and come up for air upon reaching the edge in order to get her bearings. It was the thought of making it a game that made swimming more fun. The roughly circular inlet extended about 50 feet out from the shore and stretched about double that length down the beach, not very big at all, but Ruri liked it that way. Swimming in such a small secluded area gave her the advantage of being able to generally know where the large obstacles were from memory. Granted the ocean was an everchanging entity and it was doubtful that the inlet would always be this way, but for now the blind woman could swim comfortably beneath the surface without any real fear of bumping into anything.

Upon reaching her destination, Ruri indeed popped up for air, her white muzzle breaking the surface. Her feathery fur now clung to her slight form, making her appear even more slender. Her long, soaked mane moved with the current as only her head was out of the water. Her slender right hand was placed on the nearest rock, giving her time to catch her breath. She knew Heath would likely catch her any second now and she'd start giggling again, so catching her breath was fairly futile at this point. The border collie girl felt at home in the sea, and having finally gotten the opportunity to swim after such a long winter made her feel like she had found a long lost friend.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 06-23-2010

[html]

i'm slow too ><

It had been so long since he had swam, seasons and seasons. He was a land beast, just as Stark was. Though he knew that horses could indeed swim, he knew for a fact that Stark did not. And so the male allied himself with the large stallion and considered himself a creature of sand and soil. But she was so intriguing, and Ruri made the water inviting as she lead him towards it. Her watched her face, taking in the salty air that was heavily laced with her scent into his nose and lungs. He was silent, the sound of the ocean and her sweet voice filling his ears and all his wished to listen to.

He didn’t care as she brought him into the heavy water, the cool feeling touching his legs and saturating the jeans that he forgot that he wore. The ocean lapped at his waist, their hands together and under the blue-green surface. The cool water pushed him to seek the warmth of her body, telling him to hold her for he was sure she felt the chill as well. But just as he moved closer she moved away, disappearing into the water and leaving him dazed and finally aware of how deep he was.

Heath felt the weight of his jeans, sloughed them off to let them be washed on the shore. He waded into the water, not feeling fear or hesitation but waiting to see where she came up for air. He closed his eyes, and dunk down into the water. He moved into the middle of the inlet, his shaggy and normally erect mane slicked back along his head. Then he heard the water’s crack and turned to see her at the far end of the pool. Smiling, Heath called to her, Ah, there you are. He clumsily swam along the surface of the water, splashing and causing the water to jump all around him.

<style type="text/css">
.heathglacier b {font-weight:bold; color:#d6dbe1; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathglacierooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#02120f; text-align:right;}
.heathglacier p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.heathglacier {margin:0 auto; width:343px; background-color:#a0a7af; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 56copy.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #02120f; padding: 0px 0px 230px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#02120f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

- Ruri Aceline - 06-25-2010

[html]

Active Shadow is back!!! Well, sorta. Slight pp on Heath, lemme know if you want me to change.

The cool water felt wonderful to the blind girl, the gentle lapping of the soft waves rocking her slight form ever so slightly as she stood in the water catching her breath. Milky blue eyes blinked back tears brought on by the salty water. It was obvious that Ruri had not swam in awhile, for she was taking much longer to catch her breath than usual. She knew it would take a few more times before she was back to her old form. However, the amount of time it was taking her to refresh herself was just enough time for her mate, splashing as he swam, to come and catch her. She heard him coming long before he got to her, but she was more than happy to wait for him. She even went so far as to squeal in mock surprise when he caught up to her." It seems that I'm not the only one who hasn't been swimming in awhile. You made a lot of waves with all of that splashing," she teased, trying to goad him playfully into continuing their game. If he tried to get her to catch him, she doubted it would be too hard, what with all of his splashing. Hopefully, they would be able to play for at least a little while longer, despite the fact that the day was slowly coming to a close. With the setting of the sun the air would get cooler, making swimming in the chilly water difficult for the both of them. Then they could go back to the house and eat, for Ruri's stomach was already starting to beg for food as it had for the several days she had been glued to the couch by her depression. She would need to get some nourishment, and it was more than likely that Heath was hungry too. Then they could end their evening together, something that she had denied her mate for far too long.

But that was for later, right now Ruri's nightingale voice sang out with her giggles of excitement she continued to try and wiggle free of Heath's gentle grip.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 06-25-2010

[html]

^^

Heath made his way over towards his mate, a smile on his face. It was like the weeks past had never happened, like Jac had never existed. Of course Heath would not pretend that he never had, but for the moment he was happy to let it float by. Their past worries were washed away by the oceans salt water, both their forms cleaned, hers free of the depression and his free of the hate and anger that he so easily felt.

The water sprayed around them both as he neared her, treading water while his arm reached out to wrap around her. Her voice was high, filled with the gasps for breath and a smile wrapped across her face. The male laughed, lightly and filled with his own panting. It was true, the effort was not much to travel from one end of the inlet to the other but still he was loosing his wind.

Oh come on, He spoke, voice loud to be heard over the noises of the beach. its not that bad teasing light heartedly. Ruri moved away, squirming in hopes of avoiding his grasp. His long arm moved through the water, creating waves that mimicked those of the beach and aimed right at the merle and silver collie.

<style type="text/css">
.heathhorse b {font-weight:bold; color:#c0c3b9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathhorse-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#493c32; text-align:center;}
.heathhorse p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.heathhorse {margin:0 auto; width:357px; background-color:#ad8e7e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... rse002.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bc9c85; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#493c32; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.heathhorse-border1 {width:359px; border:1px solid #493c32; margin:0 auto;}
.heathhorse-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #c5a290; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

- Ruri Aceline - 06-27-2010

[html]

ooc

"Well call it what you want, it was funny," she laughed playfully as her squirms to free herself were met with little success. Now Heath was starting to splash her, albeit gently. In fact it was more like he was trying to just make some more of the waves he had sent her way with his splashing. As Heath continued to hold her delicate form, the lautari finally ceased her playful struggling and spun, as best as she could with his arm around her, to face him. Then without warning she cupped his face in her hands and gave him a small peck on the lips, milky blue eyes bright with playful excitement. Such an open display of affection was only one of many more to come as the night wore on, but this one had an ulterior motive. If she managed to surprise him with her kiss she would slip out of his grip and take off swimming back across the inlet. Even without sight, playing such a game of chase was not all that difficult. Being in a familiar place was all she needed to make sure she was safe. Knowing where the potential obstacles were meant that going about her life, or such games as this one, were fairly easy for her. Her ease of maneuvering through places like this inlet was just another reason why it often took time for people to notice her blindness.

Long silver mane clung to the back of her head as the couple rocked back and forth in the tide. Not one to ever do anything halfway, the Dauphine wanted to give her strategy the best chance of working. With that thought in mind she had chosen to prolong her kiss, for a few seconds longer. The game would continue if she had her way. She was not ready to be done, not just yet. The dropping air temperature continued to signal that the day was over and night was here, but the fragile collie ignored as best she could, for now anyway. It would not take long before her teeth were chattering and they would need to head back to their house. But as was the case with most water loving creatures, she would only be leaving when she had to.

[/html]

- Heath morte dre Soul - 06-28-2010

[html]

pp, let me know if i should change it!

The shadows were growing longer, and the sky’s hue had turned from gray and blue to warm tones of red and orange. Any haze or clouds were banished by the setting sun and the incoming of cool air. It gave way to a beautiful sunset, it’s colors stretched over the wide horizon along the line where ocean met air. They would have to leave soon, for the chill of night rode the deep blues that pushed the sun from its high reigning seat.

Her words only fueled his further in his ploy to grasp hold of her, but her small body moved with even more grace then she possessed on land and it was not an easy task. Her body turned, their faces meeting and before Heath could prepare himself her lips touch gently to his. Her touch always slowed him as every cell yearned to hold her, and their kiss was something that always held him motionless. Large hands reached to touch her face, falling without resistance right into her devious plot.

The electricity of their intimate contact send a shiver down his already sea water chilled spine. But then there was nothing. His eyes opened when he realized that what he held was nothing but air. Looking around Heath found her a moment later fleeing once more from him. Smiling slyly the male took to the pursuit and followed her once more, but this time his determination and eagerness doubled. His hand reached for hers, hoping to tug her back into his arms to finish the kiss that though not just a peck on the lips was still to short for his liking.

<style type="text/css">
.heathhorse b {font-weight:bold; color:#c0c3b9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.heathhorse-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#493c32; text-align:center;}
.heathhorse p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.heathhorse {margin:0 auto; width:357px; background-color:#ad8e7e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... rse002.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bc9c85; padding: 0px 0px 180px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#493c32; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.heathhorse-border1 {width:359px; border:1px solid #493c32; margin:0 auto;}
.heathhorse-line1 {width:250px; border-bottom:1px dotted #c5a290; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]