'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
M-I Was Lost, Now I'm Broken - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: M-I Was Lost, Now I'm Broken (/showthread.php?tid=25416)

Pages: 1 2

- Terra - 02-20-2012

[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC Mar 2 claws across left shoulder, claw across muzzle and nose, broken ribs, scruff torn up, left hind leg broken

She really should have been paying closer attention to things. Finding a big beautiful moose kill had been too much temptation for the lithe female however. Ignoring the fact that it clearly was a cougar's kill she dug in, enjoying her meal. The flesh ripped off splendidly, leaving her to lean back with enjoyment. She didn't smell anyone near, and soon enough the scent of blood blocked that off. She was taken completely by surprise when something large hit her in the side.

Yelping with pain Terra felt a twinge from where her chest had been slammed into previously. A tiny creature, she looked up with her fangs bared to face a very large, very angry cougar. It charged forward with a snarl. Terra did her best to dodge it, only to be caught in the shoulder. Claws slashed across her, and she found herself desperately wishing Kostya was there. He had helped her defeat the last cougar who had decided that she would make a nice snack. He was off exploring somewhere though, leaving her alone with a creature she stood no chance of defeating on her own.

She leaped for the undergrowth, only to find the cougar blocking her path. It wouldn't let her escape. Meeting it's eyes Terra shivered, noting the intelligence inside it. Terra didn't care for fighting with something that had the potential to outsmart her. With no other choice she snapped at the cougar's paw. She drew blood, but it hit her across the face, sending her back again. Struggling to stand before it reached her Terra darted over to the moose's corpse, using it as cover. The large beast roared at her, batting a paw towards her.

Understanding the tactic this time Terra darted underneath the creature, nipping at it's delicate stomach. Her teeth tore through, but at a high price. The cougar let itself go, trapping her underneath it. The thick spread of blood saturated her fur, and it was difficult to tell whose wounds it was. The cougar twisted, dragging her out before it. Like a rabbit in it's jaws Terra was shaken around. She wouldn't die this way. She refused to do that. Terra twisted her head around, as painful as it was, and bit the cougar's face. She was dropped, and quickly tried to scramble away.

The cougar, half blinded with blood, grabbed her leg. Terra heard the bone break, snapped under it's jaws. The pain wouldn't come until later, when the need for survival was over and the adrenaline had shut off. For now all she felt was the inability to put weight on her leg. Dragging it behind her Terra spun around. She tore at the cougar's stomach again, a battle to the death. Roaring the cougar clawed her side open and retreated, deciding it was too much trouble to finish off someone who would clearly die anyways.

Panting Terra looked around. She couldn't stay where she was. There was too much blood. All kinds of predators would come, and one of them was sure to finish what the cougar had started. Limping through the undergrowth Terra moved blindly, unable to smell anything other than the stench of her own blood. She was unaware when she crossed the border, only able to keep moving until she found a small space she could squeeze into. Fit underneath Terra sighed. She licked at her wounds wearily, trying to clean it, to stop the bleeding. Everything hurt. The adrenaline faded, leaving her with nothing but pain, and the certainty that unless something changed, she was going to die.

<style type="text/css">
.tricksterra b {font-weight:bold; color:#bc0c00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.tricksterra p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.tricksterra {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2f0000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yqX4Z.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:305px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#ba893a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
.tricksterra p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.tricksterra p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>[/html]

- Ciara O'Callahan - 02-20-2012

[html]

OOC:: Hope you don't mind me jumping in. Smile Maybe it can make up for my lack of muse with the Amy thread. Tongue WC: 580

In Character

There was a happy spring in her step as Ciara went around, patrolling the borders and trying to scope out a new herd for her pack to hunt. Things had been going well in New Dawn. She’d had fishing lessons from Noah, hunting lessons from the handsome Augustus, and even a few new pack brothers and sisters to meet. Most importantly, however, her boycoy Cerberus had been allowed to join the pack. That had the girl’s tongue lolling out of her mouth happily, tail wagging as she thought on the scruffy male she’d developed a crush on. She hadn’t seen much of him since he’d joined the pack, he was probably busy checking out the pack’s territory or meeting the others, but the yearling was patient. She knew that Ceri would come to her eventually and they’d start their playful flirting all over again.

The sun was high at mid-noon by now, and despite all her daydreaming Ciara had been able to spot a family of whitetail. They all looked perfectly healthy, which might prove them difficult to catch, but Ciara could see that one of them was young. She made a mental note of the location and the state of the prey, planning to report back to her Epsilon as soon as she returned to the den and found him. A gust of wind lifted her fur as she turned around to go back, and she tilted her nose up to the wind.

Blood. She could smell it strong in the air, and could easily tell that it was wolfsblood. A nervous whine left her, and she soon sprinted in the direction of the scent. What if it was one of her pack mates? What if it was Ceri? Or Augustus? Or the motherly Soran? Ciara’s fangs gritted together as she sprinted in the direction of the sound, and when the tree within which Terra was hiding came into her view, she dug her claws into the ground and skidded to a halt. This was no member of New Dawn, but a stranger, a trespasser.

The yearling’s calico-toned hackles raised, fur bristling as a warning growl broke through. She moved closer, her stance dominant, tail lashing behind her angrily. Who was this that dared to so foolishly trespass on New Dawn’s land? Which pack mate had this unknown female attacked? It took a few moments to register as the subordinate drew closer, that the majority of the blood was the female’s own. Her posture softened just a little, tail twitching curiously as one ear folded back in concern. This might be a trespasser, but it was one of her kind who was badly injured, and near death.

Cautiously, the young wolf drew closer, glancing over the curled up stranger and taking in the severity of the wounds. She knew that she should drive the female out, but she had to make sure the wolf didn’t die on her, first. Then, and only then, would Ciara reinforce the boundaries of her pack’s territory. After all, she couldn’t very well banish a wolf so close to death, with wounds not inflicted by anyone in New Dawn.

“I am Ciara of New Dawn,” she said, her tone stern and yet not harsh. “You have crossed over into our lands without permission. Normally, I would drive you out at once, but I cannot banish you in this state. Can you speak? What happened to you?”

Earth-toned eyes softened, then. “I will help you.”

<style>
.Candacesdb-c01 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Candacesdb-c01 b {color:#ffffff;}
.Candacesdb-c01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #cceeee; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-IC {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#cceeee; text-shadow:#999999 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Candacesdb-c01 {background-color:#e1eff5;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JByOd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aabbcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aabbcc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 410px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]

- Augustus - 02-23-2012

[html]

Augustus
OOC Hopping in at Bria's request, and we may just want to stick and "M' tag on this, someone's really not happy -- Word Count → 670

It had been a while since the Epsilon had returned to the den for his usual afternoon nap and he lay there now, chest rising and falling peacefully, that was until his eyes fluttered open to see the light of day cascading from the den entrance. He blinked to right his vision before getting up and stretching, feeling life in his limbs again. It had been a strangely fulfilling rest, a possible result of his pure exhaustion, what with his early mornings and late nights, his afternoon nap was probably the most crucial rest he received in any given day. When he was fully awake and aware of his surroundings he stretched leisurely and trotted out of the den mouth, glancing back towards Blind’s spot as he was accustomed to doing, their scents seeming to mingle there on the den floor. Her scent was often a whisper on his fur, as his was on hers, the two of them seeming to lay claim to each other without actually doing so. It made him feel better knowing that she carried a touch of himself with her wherever she went, perhaps the other males in his pack would think twice.

He took a drink from the stream on his way out to his mid afternoon patrol, as he usually did, so far the day seeming to be going all according to plan. He sighed lightly, contentedly before bringing himself into a trot, and then an easy lope. The air was not so cold anymore, and the snow had begun to recede in all but the valley of Avalon, making his steps seem heavier. To say he loved the cold was an understatement, for the man thrived in it, loving the feel of its crisp caress as it brought life to his limbs. He was eager however to see how the turn of the seasons would be in his new home, to see life back in the world again amidst all the gloom and brown of decaying foliage, wonders yet to see.

He was broken from his reverie when scents came to him on a breeze. There was blood heavy in his nostrils, and also the scents of Ciara, and a new brother whom he’d yet to meet. His heart began to race and his eyes widened. His hunched his body downward and launched himself into a full sprint, eyes darting rapidly along the horizon. Nothing could have prepared him for what he saw. He noted his two pack members, and eyed them very carefully, a wave of relief passing over him when he noted that neither appeared injured, but that did not stop his hair from standing on end. His eyes fell to a small broken and battered figure before them, and he rose his head and tail, and stepped forward, urging to two subordinates to make way for his approach. He would have offered a fond smile and nod towards the yearling, Ciara, but the situation did not call for such pleasantries, it wasn’t until he was much closer that he recognized the figure before him. Terra. His lips drew back in a snarl immediately. “What the hell?” He was shocked. His eyes searched madly for those of his pack mates. “What happened here?” He demanded, before turning his blazing stare to the injured Terra before him.

“I told you to stay away!” She was an awful bloody mess, near death it would seem to him, but even the image of her battered and broken could not stem his anger. “You stupid bitch!” He snarled, lips drawing back and revealing glinting rows of teeth. It mattered little what state she was in the fact that she would continue to defy him even after his warning enraged him, and that she had the gall to come before him in such a state.“Tell me why I shouldn’t finish you off right here, what the hell have you done?!” He was in utter shock and his hackles raised with anger and confusion.

Take the light and darken everything around me. Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3

[/html]

- Terra - 02-23-2012

[html]

OOC I waited as long as I could stand. Others are still free to jump in! and she's not gonna be friendly

Terra's attempts at cleaning the wounds were not working well. Each lick only brought a fresh wave of blood from the wounds. She growled in frustration, doing her best not to irritate her wounds. She was lucky to have found somewhere she could squeeze in so she wouldn't end up as prey for someone. A voice reached her, causing her head to turn around. Her jaws snapped at empty air, nose futilely working to smell something. Her nose was completely blocked by the blood, leaving her unable to smell anything. Her eyes were wide, unable to tell anything about the canine before her. The words about trespassing set her laughing. Her chest hurt, coughing caused by the bitter laughter. They wouldn't have to worry about her trespassing for very long.

Her fangs remained bared at the stranger as another one slid in. She didn't recognize the creature, jaws snapping at the hands that reached for her. Couldn't they just leave her alone? Terra didn't need their help. She'd get herself through this. Deep down Terra knew that she was in trouble, but her mind was clouded with pain and fear. She just wanted them to stay away. His closeness sent her into a flurry of panic, pushing herself further inside. Yet another one arrived, and Terra knew she was in trouble. Pure fury radiated off this one, snapping at her relentlessly. Mindlessly Terra shook herself. She worked to force herself to stand, legs trembling from the blood loss. She managed to meet his gaze challengingly for about three seconds before collapsing back down. The wave of anger continued, and Terra couldn't run to escape. She turned her fangs onto the dirt walls of the den she'd squeezed herself in, trying to break the walls so they wouldn't be able to reach her.

<style type="text/css">
.tricksterra b {font-weight:bold; color:#bc0c00; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000 1px 1px 1px;}
.tricksterra {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2f0000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/yqX4Z.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:305px 0px 7px 0px; font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size:11px; color:#ba893a; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

- Shadowfang - 02-23-2012

There was a loud Booming howl from behind the New Dawn pack brothers and sisters within the tree line. Shadow ran at full speed out of the trees and got in close to the others. Shadow had seen the carcase of the moose and he had seen the blood and picked up the smell of the cougar. He looked at the one who was bleeding and the sight of what he saw made him happy at first but then the blood and pain made him growl low as he looked to everyone.

What happened to her?! Are all those wounds from the cougar? Evera....Evera! It's me Shadow! calm yourself take it easy. Please everyone, Let me threw to see her. She is a friend of mine.I met her before i joined up with the New Dawn.

Shadow gently pushed his way threw everyone until he was closes to Terra and he gave a small whine showing that everything was alright. He got close and before he knew it she had snapped at him and he didn't care. He took the opportunity of her getting close to hug her with one arm and speak gently trying to get her out of her frenzied, violent state.

It's okay Evera...I know that's not your name but it's the one you gave me, The black wolf who taught you how to walk among the shadows....My tricky Shadow Walker.

He let her go and gave her some space watching her closely hoping that she would calm and know who he was, It had been some time since there last meeting and he hoped that her memory of him was not lost. Shadow knew that he would never be able to forget his unofficial sister not now, not ever.

- Zalen Damaichu - 02-23-2012

[html]
Fuuuuu late alpha is late. / +357

Something was amiss, he could sense it. Those who usually were milling about the den at this time of day were absent. At first, he let it be, his members were allowed to wander as they pleased, but then, something began nagging at him until he could no longer lay still and he removed himself from his usually perch atop the mound near the mouth of the den and headed out towards the borders.

It did not take him long to realize that several scents were converging; Shadowfang, Cerberus, Ciara; they were all gathering together. He became even more curious and quickened him pace to a run, hoping to catch them so he could see what they were doing. Zalen was suspicious in the least bit, no, in fact he realized that it might be good to romp with his pack mates if they so wanted. But somehow, he could not shake the feeling that something was wrong.

Soon, another scent came to his nose, the scent of blood, and his worry doubled. He ran at a sprint now, and soon the silhouettes of wolves came into his vision. It was those he had scented, including Augustus, and they were all gathered around something.

As he came closer he realized that lying at their feet was a very badly injured coyote female. His heart hitched; had they done this? Was what Saluce had said the other day true, that the New Dawners were all coyote hating killers? Zalen’s posture tensed and white teeth were revealed from behind black lips. A deep growl rumbled in his chest as he came into the group, tail raised high and twitching, ears erect. What happened here? He demanded of whoever would answer him first, and he stepped forward to investigate the injured femme.

She was frightened, vicious, and half buried in a shallow den, so he did not get too close; there was nothing more dangerous than an injured canine. But he placed himself like an immense black wall between her and the others, before turning to them, his green eyes darting to each of theirs, trying to gauge their temperaments.

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.zzalenspi p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.zzalenspi p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

- Ciara O'Callahan - 02-23-2012

ETA: Cerberus isn't going to be able to post, so the player gave us permission to skip over him for now until he can post again.

[html]

OOC:: Figured it was time for a reply. Big Grin WC: 470

In Character

Relief had momentarily washed through her when Ceri arrived, even though there was a bit of obvious disappointment that he didn’t greet her in a more friendly way. The girlish side of her didn’t like that, and she turned to blame the female for a moment. Then her eyes softened again as the vision reminded her just how badly the woman was injured. She moved to press in against Ceri’s side, licking at his ear gingerly. He seemed to know the female. When her boycoy asked what was going on, she listened attentively, whimpering both out of pity for the female and then due to the agitation Cerberus was showing. His mood was affecting hers, and she couldn’t help but get nervous.

That anxiety doubled when Augustus showed up. While she was normally happy to see the Epsilon, fear drifted through her at his harsh demeanour. Her whole, slender body jumped as the male’s snarl ripped through the air, and she flattened herself to the ground at once. She didn’t mind taking a submissive posture in front of this stranger. She greatly respected Augustus, and she knew that showing Terra that she was submissive of him might influence her to act the same way. Her eyes remained on her paws, and she shook her head gently when the Epsilon asked what had happened. “I don’t know,” she said, her voice coated with worry. “I just found her here…”

She certainly hadn’t been expecting the female to act so viciously, but vicious she was, and Ciara found herself shuffling back. She did put herself between the stranger and Cerberus, though, not wanting any harm to come to him. The yearling figured she’d let Augustus handle this one, as he seemed to know the woman, and was more than capable of dealing with her. She waited for the female’s reply, but none came, instead another pack member arrived on the scene – the new brother Shadowfang. The mottled yearling couldn’t even smile at him, she was so anxious about what was going on. Her ears were paper flat on her head, tail tucked and her body shaking with the tension that was going on.

Then, to top it all off, in came the Alpha. She was happy that she’d already taken on a submissive pose to Augustus, because it made her feel prepared for Zalen’s entrance. When his apple green eyes swirled around the assembled wolves and finally fell on her own, she lowered them instantly. “I found her here, sir,” she whispered. “I was planning on helping her, on trying to heal her, but she won’t let anyone close.” After saying her part she again turned her eyes to the injured woman, licking over her lips nervously. Now that she’d spoken her peace, Ciara would remain silent and allow the elder wolves to handle the situation.

<style>
.Candacesdb-c01-b {width:434px; border:1px solid #cceeee; margin:0px auto;-webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-IC {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#cceeee; text-shadow:#999999 0px 0px 5px; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:16px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; padding:0px 25px;}
.Candacesdb-c01-ooc {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Candacesdb-c01 {background-color:#e1eff5;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/JByOd.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #aabbcc; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#aabbcc; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:432px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 410px 0px; -webkit-border-radius: 6px; -moz-border-radius: 6px; border-radius:6px;}
</style>
[/html]

- Augustus - 02-24-2012

[html]

Augustus
OOC -- Word Count → 577

If Augustus wasn’t enraged before he certainly was now as Shadowfang’s howl sounded from behind and the male pushed his way through. When he felt the pressure of his side on his own his head snapped sideways and he snarled directly at the male, eyes searching for his own he puffed up and stood tall, arcing his tail high above his back to symbol his dominance over his newest brother. He listened however and watched as he comforted Terra and attempted to console her, scoffing when he heard mention of the name Evera.’ “Some friend,” He snarled. “That’s not even her name. Her name is Terra and I know her as well, but that aside she’s a trespasser. I warned her not to come here ever again!” His eyes turned darkly to the coy wolf, yet this time there was no mercy in them. Was he not clear enough before that she was not welcome here, that whatever friendship they had could not continue? He did not hate her, not then, but now…She went against his warnings, and words he’d spoken to protect her she’d blatantly disregarded. There was no warmth left in him now, despite the fond memories he had of her, it all dissolved. It was all lost the moment she broke the law.

His nostrils twitched as the scent of his Alpha came radiating towards them. He dropped his dominant-aggressive stance, aware that whatever issue they faced here Zalen would handle it. His ears lowered only slightly, his tail drooped just below Zalen’s, a message displaying that he still had some authority over the rest. An ear twitched in Ciara’s direction and he turned to face her as she spoke, a deep-seated pride coming up from his core with her wonderfully appropriate actions. At least she knew her place. He eyed Shadow out of the corner of his eyes, undaunted, for although the black wolf outsized them all Augustus was a large wolf as well, and the man’s superior. He did not like being pushed aside. He turned to his alpha finally, his fur still bristled with the seriousness and intensity of the situation, waves of fury radiating from him, still, but muted somewhat in the Alpha’s presence. “I know her.” He stated simply. “I made it clear to her the last time I saw her near our borders to stay away. She is someone I know to push her limits.” His eyes shifted to the battered coy wolf. “However, none of us did this to her.”

He paused a moment, gazing on his Alpha with certainty that whatever it was the needed to be done he would have to be the one to do it. He did not know how to proceed. She had trespassed, but she was badly wounded already. The conflicting thoughts battled in his mind and when he spoke again his voice was quieter, subdued by the fact that he did not know how to proceed. He was just the hunter, the defender, and this situation was more delicate an issue than he wished to act on. “She is from the Court.” He explained. “Terra is her name.” The young wolf was anxious he knew Terra’s personality and just how oblivious she was at times to social norms, and was certain that something drastic would need to be done here to prevent her from ever doing something like this again. His warnings had not been enough that was blatantly clear.

Take the light and darken everything around me. Call the clouds, and listen closely I'm lost without you...

template by revo. <3
[/html]

- Deuce Rhiannon - 02-24-2012

She had returned from the festival with a satchel of herbs and a haunting memory of a green eyed woman seen from a distance. Whether or not it had been Willow, she couldn't say and didn't dare hope. She was in her secui form since she had been gathering juniper berries and adding them to her satchel. She often assumed the secui form now for traveling. The scent of her gathered packmates made her pause, but the scent of blood was hot and tangy in the air. Had someone been hurt? She didn't pause to shift down or up, just joined the rough circle surrounding the injured canine. She dipped her head in respect to Zalen, her eyes trained on the bloody covered canine. Her mind was already working, watching the injured female breathe, gauging her reactions to the others.

The words of Augustus claimed her attention for a moment, and she hesitated, then remembered her position as Delta, a healer. Her posture assumed a calming stance, one to sooth and relax both her packmates and the injured female, Terra. She glanced at the Alpha, her voice respectful but strong. "Zalen, the wounds look serious. She needs treatment before being sent away. Otherwise she will die, and her death will be a stain on our pack name. May I?" She didn't want to proceed without permission from the leader, although she knew in the back of her mind she was trying to atone for turning away a weak and injured Jefferson so many years ago, and she would treat Terra with or without permission, even if it meant a demotion.

She returned her gaze to Terra, already trying to nose her way to the injured female in the den. The secui form was good for travel, yes, but not so great for agility. She would need to shift once given permission to proceed. She was running though her mental list again, noting the open wounds, the stiff dried blood, the way she was acting. Alarm filled her and she spoke quickly, her voice soft and urgent. "We need to get her out of there, and we need to restrain her somehow so I can take care of her."

((WC:368))

- Terra - 02-24-2012

[html]

OOC Was suggested I put up a post order for everyone to see. Terra, Shadow, Zalen, Ciara, Augustus, Deuce

Not satisfied with leaving her alone yet another one broke through. This one was on two legs, a huge black form against the sky. Terrified out of her wits Terra renewed her efforts at destroying the walls. The black wolf touched her, and her teeth snapped at him. It didn't stop him from dragging her out into the open, leaving her exposed. She thrashed in his grip, trying to get back to where she was safe. Each movement brought another wave of pain through her body. Words were spoken, and without her sense of smell it was all she had to rely on. Terra stilled slightly, listening. Evera. Who was that? Oh yes, that was her. The name she'd given to...

It was hard to think, to focus on anything besides the pain. A small whimper escaped her as she was addressed as Shadow Walker. Yes, she knew him. It was...Shadow. She pushed her nose into his body, trying to gain some level of comfort. Terra was unable to smell him, to take comfort in his scent. She was cut off from everything around her. Another wolf came forwards, and Terra snapped her teeth, jaws closing around someone's arm. She tasted blood in her mouth, but couldn't recognize if it was her own or someone else's. Terra licked uselessly at her nose, trying to clear it so she could figure out what was going on. Being able to see them didn't help much.

Anger rose off the white one, the one that seemed familiar but out of place, Terra unable to recognize him. She snarled at him fearfully, knowing that out of all of them he was the one most likely to kill her. The wolf knew her name, her true name, and her ears flattened to her skull. That wasn't good. She was going to be in so much trouble. No one would want her around if they knew how much trouble she made. Terra twisted in the large one's grip, trying to slip free. She yelped as her leg strained, unable to bear her weight. It felt like she'd just been stabbed with a knife, but the sensation didn't fade. If she could she'd leave the lands, run until her breath ran out. She wasn't safe.

Fate was being cruel as a monster wolf stepped forward. This one was so large, appearing even larger than Shadow in her mind. Whining softly she desperately made another attempt to escape, throwing herself forward. Her front paws hit the ground, and she scrambled against it, dragging her body slowly out of the grip. She would escape, and she would find some way to live. The blood loss was too much, sending a wave of dizziness through her body, and she collapsed down.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]

- Shadowfang - 02-24-2012

[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

As Terra was freaking out shadows arm was bit but he paid it no mind. He nodded low to his Alpha in respect and growled lightly towards Augustus due to the way he was acting. He continued to hold onto Terra tightly keeping her from moving or biting anyone. As he held her she snapped at others in the area and he remained close to her holding her back as best he could.

Shhhh....Terra....it's okay, Calm, Calm yourself. I told you that I was going to be your brother and friend. I did not lie, and I wont let any harm come to you, while I am here.

Shadow continued to speak gently to Terra trying to ease her mind and body, she would have to relax or be forced down by him so that help could be given. Shadows heart skipped a beat then he saw the healer Deuce and when she said she wanted to help and treat Terra he sighed lightly glad that someone was on his side. Shadow felt all of a sudden that Terra was trying to run away so he was forced to pick her up so she had no leverage and he slowly and gently made his way through the group again trying his best not to bump anyone and then once out of the hole he sat down and held her to his chest as he licked her nose cleaning it and getting the blood off. He looked around and motioned for Deuce to help and start treating the wound but he looked at Zalen first with a look of need, and pain and he spoke lightly.

Please my Alpha, please have her get treatment so they she can be sent on her way and so she will live. I will take any punishment you see necessary, just please help her, she is like a sister to me. Her name and her past matters not to me, I have a pact with this one, she's my friend.

Shadow looked to Augustus and lowered his head and ears almost begging now, willing to do anything to save her.

Augustus...if it was a friend of yours and they could be saved, wouldn't you do all you could to save them? Even if she must be sent away, her life at least should be spared.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]

- Zalen Damaichu - 02-26-2012

[html]
Alright guys, it’s up to you how you want to do this; Augustus and Ciara could start another thread where they find and kill the cougar, or chase it off, or if not, it can be assumed oocly. Shadow can carry Terra back to the den and this thread will continue. If that’s alright. / +316

Zalen’s eyes flitted to the broken coyote in Shadow’s arms, as she tried desperately and in vain to free herself by biting him. Zalen saw that the dark male was too concerned for her to acknowledge the pain, so Zale did nothing of it, instead he turned to Ciara as she spoke, saying that she had found the girl there and then Augustus confirmed that indeed none of them had done this to her. Instead, he mentioned her name, that she was from the court, and that he had told her to keep away before. This worried the Alpha, but he would have to discuss it with Augustus later, for now, the most pressing concern was the life of the girl.

Luckily, before he could even think to call his medic, she arrived as if gifted with foresight. Deuce quickly took charge and said that Terra was on the brink of death and Zalen’s tufted black ears twitched in agitated worry, he then turned to Shadow, who was cooing over his friend, Shadowfang, restrain her and carry her back to the den site so that Deuce can work on her. You must watch over her; she is your ward until if and when she recovers. Then, finally, his mind cleared enough for him to recognize the strange scent in the air; it was the same cougar he had chased off several weeks prior; his brow furrowed and he turned to Augustus, Augustus, please go and make sure the cat has left, I do not want her in New Dawn or near it any longer, do what you must to make sure it is so. Then, on an after-thought, Ciara, you join him, it would be best for two to go instead of one. Zalen turned then, making sure Shadowfang had a good hold on the frightened creature, and then turning to Deuce, Come, let’s make haste.

<style type="text/css">
.zzalenspi b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e392d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #2f0b07; }
.zzalenspi {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4b1313; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3cX7h.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 307px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#723028; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

- Ciara O'Callahan - 02-26-2012

[html]

OOC:: A separate thread is good with me if it's good with Stormie! WC: 400+

In Character

The anxiety Ciara had been feeling only increased when she realized the growing tension between Shadowfang, her new brother, and Augustus. When the subordinate male growled at her Epsilon, Ciara’s leathery lips pulled back to reveal her fangs, though she made no other sound. This was not a time to fight amongst themselves, especially in the presence of their Alpha and of course a stranger. She knew that Augustus would handle whatever strife was between them perfectly capably on his own.

A distraction was given when Deuce arrived. The yearling’s earth-toned eyes looked over the older woman carefully. Ciara had never met the Delta, but she knew her to be Noah’s mother. That, of course, made Ciara instantly like her as she enjoyed Noah’s company, as well as the fact that she was Soran’s mate. Soran had become a sort of mother figure to the mottled female, and she immediately wanted to have good relations with the ebony woman’s blonde mate. Respectfully, Ciara dropped her ears and eyes upon Deuce’s approach, and fell silent to allow the pale female the time to speak with their Alpha.

She was glad they were going to help the stranger. The yearling was generally soft-hearted, though she did have a rough edge which had not had to show itself yet during her time in New Dawn. Relief washed through her, and then all of a sudden it was exhilaration. Her ears had cupped forward and swivelled when Zalen instructed Augustus to go kill the cougar, but then he was saying her name. She was going to get to prove herself again! Pride swelled within her, as well as the excitement of an adventure, and she nodded her head. “Yes, Alpha,” she said, her young voice strong and determined. It had been exciting enough just learning how to hunt with Augustus, and now she was going to learn how to defend the pack as well.

Slowly, the girl raised herself from the snowy ground and shook her fur out. Chocolate eyes flecked with gold fell on Augustus, then. As always when looking at the salt-and-pepper male, Ciara’s heart did a little pit-pat, a strange flip that called an answering excitement to flow through her veins. As she normally did, though, Ciara shook her head imperceptibly to clear it and then moved over to the Epsilon. Gently, she brushed to his side and then lowered her head and ears, settling her gaze on the injured Terra once more as she waited for Augustus’ word to go.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

- Augustus - 02-27-2012

[html]

Augustus
OOC Fine by me Smile -- Word Count → 674

He was relieved for his Alpha’s interference. He would not have know what it was to do, and would have ended up making a grave mistake. To be in such a state as Terra was to be rendered useless, with nothing to do, but put an end to the misery. That was the way he was brought up, only the strongest survive, as it had been for generations. Nova Scotia, however, was not the tundra he knew and its way of life was much more forgiving. His birth pack had no healers and a wolf in Terra’s state would have been dispatched on the spot. It would be a clean death, quick, but their pleas were what made it so difficult. His father had been merciless, ending them then and there without remorse or pity. He’d seen the end of a yearling wolf at his father’s paws, how he begged and whined and pleaded Lionel to spare him. That was the first time the young Augustus had ever seen death, the conversation that followed resulting in nightmares. Visions of his father tearing him apart as he whined and begged and wet himself. He shook his head visibly, his eyes clouded, that was another time…Another Augustus. He was pleased to see however, that they were helping her. She at least deserved that much, foolish and pathetic as she was.

He turned his back completely on her, and gave his full attention to his Alpha, incensed slightly when he saw that he did not bother scolding Shadow for the insolence he had shown Augustus, but perhaps he had not been there when it happened, had not seen. It was all a whirl in his head, seeing her, had set him into a fury that made all else seem insignificant. He glared darkly at Shadow, nearly grinning when he noticed that she’d bitten him, although he seemed not to notice. A front, he knew. He would have done the same, unwilling to display weakness in front of his brothers and sister.

Augustus dipped his head in greeting to the Delta, revering her as a motherly being, wise and kind. He still remembered that day when she’d answered his questions and set his heart at ease for things that had been tormenting him endlessly since he’d come to Nova Scotia. He was eternally grateful, and pleased that she had come. When Zalen spoke he nearly objected. Bring her to the den? His hackles rose but he bit his lip to restrain himself. He had given the situation over to his Alpha, it was not within him to question his reasoning. He lowered his head and tail further, using his posture to mask his anger. The Alpha addressed him then and he lifted his head and perked up his ears. “Yes, Alpha. I will not return until she is dead.” He promised, eager for a distraction, the opportunity to sink his fangs into something.

He gave Terra a wide berth, eyes seeking out Shadow’s as he passed, hoping against hope that the male would submit to his superior, or that Zalen would see his disregard for authority. He turned back to the task at hand, lowering his head to sniff the ground. The scent of her blood was overwhelming, but there were traces of the cougar about as well. He paused when Zalen addressed Ciara, his ears perking when he urged her to go with him. He felt his tension ease slightly at the thought and paused to look back at her, and wait for her to join him at his side. "Come, Ciara." he called briefly, eager to be underway. He’d hunted with her before and was grateful for her presence and that the Alpha had paired them together. They made a good team, surely Zalen must have noticed. He admired the girl for her enthusiasm and dedication to the pack and wagged his tail briefly as he awaited her presence. The task before them was no simple one, but he would see it done, to whatever end.

template by revo. <3

[/html]

- Deuce Rhiannon - 02-27-2012

((Sounds good to me! And start a thread for Deuce if either one gets injured dealing with the cougar Wink ))

She dipped her head again to the dark leader as he began giving orders. She slipped away, behind some brush, so she could finish shifting to her optime form. It took a few minutes for her bones to finish shifting and rearranging. She stretched as the change finished, pulling a length of leather twine from her sack to pull her silver blonde mane back into a hasty braid. The last thing she wanted was for her mane to be covered in blood and stick to her. Just outside the den she set up a quick stone circle for a fire pit to heat water from the river. It took a few tries, but she manged to get it going as she waited for Zalen and Shadow to arrive with the injured Terra.

She riffled through her pack, cursing herself for leaving most of her herbs with Tal. She had enough, though there were some she shuld have realied would be invaluable. But when one limited oneself to a single satchel, one was bound to misjudge needs. She was glad she'd kept the needle and thread, though the horse hair thread was gone. She had sinew dried and stretched, though, and that would have to do. Terra might have scars, but Deuce was certain she could keep her alive.

((WC:218))

- Terra - 02-27-2012

[html]

OOC here. /+000

Terra listened as Shadow spoke to her, ears trained on the one canine that she'd managed to recognize through the pain and confusion. She wasn't too clear on how he'd learned her name, already parts of the meeting slipping through her mind, lost in the rush of pain. She felt herself lifted from the ground, and it was like the cougar had her in it's mouth all over again. Terra struggled weakly, quickly losing the ability to fight. Exhausted she allowed herself to be carried, trying to reserve her energy so she could defend herself when needed.

Lowered down Terra felt her nose being licked. She didn't care for the sensation very much, trying to pull away. He was determined though, and Terra sneezed as the passage was finally cleared. She was able to smell what was around her. Terra licked her nose, trying to keep the fresh blood from blocking it again. Relieved Terra took a deep whiff of where she was, stiffening as she recognized the territory as New Dawn. Shadow...have to leave. They'll kill me... She looked at him, distressed, wincing as she realized that the scent was on him too. Her eyes widened with fear as she shrank down, unable to escape.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]

- Shadowfang - 02-27-2012

[html]
OOC text | WC :: +000

Shadow listened to all around him and he looked quickly to everyone watching them as if they would attack him and Terra at any moment but there was no attack, however he felt and knew that Augustus wanted to throw his weight around. he acted like a pup on a power trip, The idea of power isn't to throw it around and make yourself look big and bad, it was to use it to protect those around you, To see to the safety of the pack and it's member. As Augustus walked around him and Terra he kept looking down at her but he watch the paw of Augustus walk around and from how slow he was moving he knew that he must have been staring at him, looking for his eyes to try and get a reason to make Shadow Submissive.

No way in hell was he going to look and give the big headed wolf the satisfaction. He waited till Augustus was gone and then he stood up with Terra in his arms and he nodded lightly to Zalen and waited for him to get near before he started walking.

Shadow heard Terra speak and he spoke down to her softly and calmly like he had always done when he was with her in the past. Terra, It's okay...I would die before I let anyone hurt you, You know I haven't forgotten my promise and i never will. He headed towards the den like Zalen had said and while they headed there she kept looking forward and every so often he looked down to Terra making sure she was fine as he spoke to his Alpha.

Thank you Zalen, I will watch over terra and she will stay in my care until she is fit enough to travel again. While we are walking however, I have a question. I Have yet to meet Augustus one on one and i was wondering , Is he always like that? Shadow knew that Zalen would know what he meant and that he wouldn't have to go into great detail.

Take thy beak from out my heart, and take thy form from off my door!' Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'
template by revo. <3

[/html]

- Zalen Damaichu - 03-05-2012

[html]
OOC / +327

Everyone was ready to do the tasks he had asked of them, and he was grateful for that. Ciara especially seemed excited to be chosen to go after the cougar with Augustus, but Zalen took note of the Epsilon’s obvious agitation as he walked by Shadowfang. Zalen’s mind recorded this, and as the two bounded off the dark Alpha turned to watch as Shadow picked Terra up gently yet firmly. Deuce had already taken leave, most likely to set up what was needed back at the den site, and Zalen and Shadowfang began their trek in that direction.

Zalen knew it was a risk bringing a stranger so deep into their territory, but it was a risk that had to be taken; a life was at stake, and Deuce’s remedies were back in the communal cavern. They sped along, and Zalen’s ear flicked in Shadow’s direction as he thanked the Alpha for his grace, but then he asked a question about Augustus that set Zalen’s fur on edge. The dark Alpha turned to look at the Subord cradling the near lifeless coyote body, Augustus has good reason to act the way he does; I trust him, and so should you. You must also remember to respect him, he is your superior. He hoped this would be sufficient. Zalen knew that the members of his pack could choose their own place within the pack structure, even if this meant the butting of heads, so he remained somewhat vague on the tension between the two males. They would eventually sort it out, and this could lead to a change in ranks if the outcome so called for it.

Soon they arrived at the den, and Deuce had set up a small fire amongst a ring of stones. Zalen turned to Shadowfang and nodded at him to take the girl to her, while Zalen circled around to his mound and sat upon it, keen green eyes watching what would transpire.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

- Deuce Rhiannon - 03-21-2012

[html]
Yikes I failed, I'm sorry.

As they arrived with Terra, Deuce began her ministrations. First, she used a soft rabbit fur wet with the warm water to begin cleaning the worst of the blood off. After all, she couldn't do anything if she couldn't see the wounds. She didn't see any intestines drooping out of Terra, so that was a good sign to the healer. However, a back leg was broken, and from the sound of her breathing, several ribs were broken as well. Those were the worst, there was nothing she could do except bandage the main body and keep the patient from moving too much.

The woman had plenty of the most important herbs, the ones to staunch bleeding, the ones to stave off infection, and some poppy seeds to induce a semi-painless sleep. Those she sprinkled into her hand, and lifted to Terra's mouth. "Eat these, they will help with the pain." If the courtesan woman didn't eat them on her own, Deuce would have one of the males help her force them down her throat.

She began spreading a bitter smelling salve on the more shallow wounds as she gave the poppy a moment or two to begin working. She glanced at the dark leader, who was watching her. "The salve is a mixture of herbs to slow bleeding in minor wounds and prevent infection. With her broken ribs, an infection could lead to pneumonia, which would kill her. I'm a good healer, but there is little I can do for illnesses of the lungs or the heart. I can prevent them," she returned her gaze to the wounded coyote as she continued speaking, "but I can not cure them."

<style type="text/css">
.dpack b {font-weight:bold; color:#8361cb;}
.dpack p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.dpack {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i43.tinypic.com/b4e1yh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #BFA1A5; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb6172; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]

- Terra - 03-22-2012

[html]

OOC here. /+000

Shadow's words were soft, supposed to be reassuring, but the idea of him betraying his pack did nothing for her. Floating on the edge of consciousness her mind was insisting that they were pack, and Shadow was preparing to betray her like others she had once called pack. Coherent thinking was hard, slipping back and forth on what she thought was happening. At one point she thought she was back in her birth pack, whining softly about being in pain, the next surrounded by enemies working to injure her.

Placed down by a warmth Terra fidgeted around. Her more feral instincts insisted that she should fear fire, move away from the destructive force. Too much blood had been lost to let her move though, leaving her to struggle slightly, no true escape. Small growls escaped her as her bloody wounds were dabbed, clearing it to a visible section. The pain wasn't too bad until her hind leg was touched, bringing Terra up to snap at the healer, jolted by the pain caused in her chest. Offered something to eat Terra moved her head away, too far gone to make sense of what they were saying again, eyes glazed ferally.

Being forced to eat them had not been enjoyable. Terra choked and fought, but in the end they went down her throat, leaving Terra to glare and growl at the ones who had done it. Her eyes slowly began to droop, and she was fast asleep after a matter of minutes, flat out on the ground. Her breathing was shallow but steady, unaware of what was around her.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]