'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
Well, it's a start - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: Well, it's a start (/showthread.php?tid=26117)

- Gemma Rhiannon Sawtooth - 03-16-2012

[html]
Backdated to the 10th| 307

Fear was an ever present emotion that she was constantly experiencing, whether the reasons for it was a real and confirmed excuse meant nothing to her. At times she could be afraid of her own shadow and breathing if the mood of the time and place was right. The snowy girl was an enigma to herself sometimes and she often looked back on her own behavior with a critical and disapproving eye. Still she had some good points, but she just didn't know what they were yet. A small whimper escaped her muzzle as she realised she couldn't identify anything positive about herself. She stared off into the distance, lost in her mental woolgathering.

The fire was a jewel in the fading dusk light and threw large shadows that writhed eerily in her peripherals. Flickers of flame blocked off most of her vision and she appreciated the narrowing down of her world, it made things easier to deal with. Without realising it the girl pitched forwards and wrapped her arms around her stomach, becoming hunched over the log as discontent ran rife through her. She wished she could live in a perfect world, where her sisters and mother loved her and where her father had never hurt her, and men didn't take what they wanted from her, it was such a nice thought but something she would never have, of its own volition a quiet sob rushed up her throat.

She could not fight off the feeling of regret and failure and lowered her head down to almost rest on her knees, breathing rapidly and shallowly for she had not the sense of mind to deepen her breaths. If she could have mustered up the energy then she would have cried properly but as it was she could hardly hiccup and breath irregularly never mind the whole waterworks deal

<style type="text/css">
.julpursky b {font-weight:bold; color:#842737;}
.julpursky p {text-indent:20px; padding:5px 5px; margin:0px;}
.julpursky {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... /Gemma.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #842737; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2d0f14; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 000
[/html]

- Frodo Silvertongue - 03-17-2012

[html]

a wild frodo appears...

Life had been confusing for poor Frodo lately. He’d tasted alcohol for the first time and faced it’s bitter wrath, and the consequences of drinking. He felt cold and almost alone, despite what intimacy he’d endured. His feelings were mixed for the moment, and he had no idea what or how to feel. So he just stuck with numbness, and tried to get on with things as usual. The steady rhythm that kept him going. Hunting for the pack. Exercising the horses. Sleeping. Eating. Living. He was almost sick of the repeated pattern. But it kept him sane.

He didn’t go near the town hall on a regular day. It just wasn’t on his list of to do things. He never had time to do anything else, as the days sped by so quickly. But something drew him there today, and invisible thread of some sort. He found himself tumbling towards the structure and then following the ever-burning light that was the great fire. He turned his back on the rest of the world and calmly approached, until he saw the white figure in the midst of it all. Frodo assumed she was a fire tender, but he hadn’t expected her to be here today. She didn’t look like she was tending the fire though, she almost looked like she was weeping.

Gemma, isn’t it? he called softly. He tried to keep as much roughness and idiocy out of his voice as possible, he didn’t want to creep her out. Like he had before. She’d ran when he’d tried to talk to her, make light conversation. And now surely, things would be even worse. Frodo kept his distance but crouched over the fire, so then they could talk but not startle each other. Mr Silvertongue hung his head low, watching the embers glow. If I uh…scared yer, you know, a while ago. Ah’m sorry, snowlady.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:1px; }
.frodo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.frodo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.frodo-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#538854; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... book32.jpg); background-position:bottom top; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

- Gemma Rhiannon Sawtooth - 03-25-2012

XD

Time passed her by in the blink of an eye and soon the sun was setting, drifting further down into the embrace of the horizon that greeted it. And Gemma continued to stare into the fire, lost to her thoughts that made her shiver and her ears pull down. Again and again she wondered why she was still allowed in AniWaya when it was painfully obvious that she was useless. So long had she pent observing her own flaws it was such that she could not see herself now as she was, a woman with a talent that was making itself known, her skill at tending the Great Fire. But Gemma did not see this success, only the failure when she made a mistake.

A voice cut through her own inner ramblings and although it was softly spoken to Gemma it was like a whip cracked right before her ear. She twisted upon her seat too quickly and lost her balance, falling backwards off the log with a cry of surprise. She hit the ground hard and saw stars as her head bounced off the floor. She struggled to scramble upwards and instead threw herself backwards, away from the man who had spoken to her at the pack ceremony, fear constricting her lungs and making her voice high pitched and breathless,

~"Y..y..yes. I'm G..g...g..gemma." Her ears flew backwards so fast they were a blur of fur that pressed themselves against the crown of her head. Her thin tapered muzzle held a grimace of pain and she reached around to rub at the swelling on the back of her head. Her other hand was buried deep into the fur of her chest in an attempt to conceal the shaking. The irony of the situation was glaring, he had come to apologise for scaring her and had again scared her into hurting herself, what a mess her life was.

- Frodo Silvertongue - 03-27-2012

[html]

wc; 330

He’d done it again. Frightened her. She really was on edge. He gave a little gasp as she fell of the log, tumbling. He stepped forward to try and help her, catch her or something, but he wasn’t fast enough. Oh, dear lord, the poor woman looked petrified, falling over yet again, stumbling, tripping up over herself in an attempt to get away from Frodo. Wait! he called out, certain she was going to flee from him. Instead she got at a comfortable distance and stopped. After she stopped backing away, Mr Silertongue relaxed, his breathing steadied, and he gave her a sad smile as she introduced herself in a mumbling stutter. Was this the way she was all the time? Certainly there was something wrong with the poor woman. He didn’t know what, though. Some trauma might have come to pass, one he didn't know about. The AniWayan's weren't exactly a pack to gossip. Which was part of the reason he had chosen the pack as his home. It was just so..peaceful. It didn't seem right, to have someone so upset in the place he loved most of all.

Right…er…jus’, ye know, calm your vase? he suggested. No use gettin’ all giraffe-legs on me..you’re pullin’ my socket the wrong way backwards, you get me? no doubt she was probably getting even more scared by now. His phrases and accent were beyond strange. But yet, some people found his voice a comfort rather than an annoyance. He held up his hands as if in surrender, cautiously taking a step towards her. I’m Frodo Silertongue. Nice… he said, gently lowering one hand, beckoning her to shake it; to meet you. he finished, wondering if she'd even be familiar with shaking hands. He knew some people thought he was crazy when he held out his hand to shake; then again, he was crazy...partly. Maybe eccentric was a better way to put it.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.frodo-a01 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#538854; background-image:url(http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff4 ... book32.jpg); background-position:bottom top; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

- Gemma Rhiannon Sawtooth - 03-28-2012

mwhahaha I realised earlier that Frodo is an inch shorter than Gemma.
3+

Her breath gushed in and outwards, there was almost no time between her inhales and exhales and thus her harsh breathing was the loudest sound in her ears although nearly outshine by her rapidly beating heart. He didn't make any move to come forwards towards her and that was perhaps the only thing that stopped her running again from him. His voice made her flinch like the nervous coward she was and slowly came to realise that he was actually shorter than she was, not by a large amount just an inch or so.

Wide blue gems stared down at him fearfully and then grew all the more distraught when he began speaking and although he was speaking english, she couldn't understand anything that he said. Her voice was quiet, almost whisper soft,

"Uhh, I.. don't u..u..understand w..w..what you're s..s..saying." She ducked her head, ashamed that she couldn't figure out the meaning of his speech and stared at the floor. Fur bristled and her body stiffened as his foot came closer to her. Frodo Silvertongue. An interesting name. There was no Matteo to save her now if things went wrong, could she risk interacting with him more? The silence ticked on, seconds crept by and his hand still waited, suspended in the air, and her own curled up tighter. Slowly the snowy digits relaxed themselves and the pale hand inched out towarsd his, stopping, hesitating frequently, sometimes even pulling back slightly as though to flee again. It took her nigh on five full minutes before she gathered up her courage enough to let their paws touch. But eventually they connected, her petite hand still shaking slightly, but at that moment her mind froze and she couldn't recall what social etiqute came next, her eyes dashed about as though her surroundings could provide the answer before finally turning up to meet Frodo's, helplesess and confusion and questioning anxiousness reflected in her gaze.

- Frodo Silvertongue - 03-31-2012

[html]

he's usually an inch or two shorter than everyone... xD And just so you know, I'm trying to get to know Gemma a bit more before I respond to our other thread; but I promise I will eventually 8D wc; 447

At least she didn't run away. She did flinch though, as he spoke, which made him feel slightly self concious. Only just though, and soon, he was relaxed again. However it did not stop the young man from tensing around the woman, and pausing, holding himself back. He didn't know what was right or what was wrong. What he should do and what he shouldn't do. The male bit back the nervousness in the pit of his stomach and realised he had to be the strong one. He wouldn't just let her feel sorry for herself; he had to do something to help. Something- anything- to calm that distressed look on her face.

Gemma finally spoke to him again, and he grinned warmly. He couldn't have been less surprised to hear what she had to say; it was often people would get confused by his odd voice and mannerisms. The male held her gaze for a moment or two and then shrugged, his expression blank and featureless. Didn't doubt that for a fruit loop. S'what most teapots rabbit on to me 'bout these days. and then he realised he was probably confusing her further. Sorry, I uh.. he gave a lopsided, crooked grin; Can't help it. I mean, I could, an' I can, sorta, stop... he mumbled, trying to force himself to speak what was considered "normal", But it'll be back again before the dickory hits twelve, you get me? he shook his head, cursing his abnormalities, and then realised Gemma was doing what looked like a very odd dance.

The odd dance confused Frodo. He looked at her in awe as her hand flicked in and out, until finally she managed to grasp her hand weakly in his. And he realised her "odd dance" was her just trying to pluck up the courage to shake his hand. Baffled, he found himself wondering what traumatic experience she'd been through to cause so much feebleness. When she finally locked hands with him he tried to be as gentle as possible, shaking firmly once or twice before letting go of her hand. Steady, now, my old china. he assured her, resting one hand on his hips. Yer look like yer need some grub in yer. he commented; I'd stand you a pig, but all I've got is this... he grinned sheepishly, reaching into the pocket of his cloak to draw out a package of sorts, with some cold, cooked meat inside. He doubted she'd take it from him but he held it out all the same, tried to hand it to her, before slumping to the ground, leaning on the floor with the heat of the fire warming his back.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]

- Gemma Rhiannon Sawtooth - 04-19-2012

I disappeared off the earth for a bit BUT NOW I AM BACK. Gemma is having a better day today now that shes not so scared Big Grin

She dared to raise her ears a fraction at his odd speech, it was confusing yes but also very intriguing, it was obviously english but he was using words she had never heard of and putting them into combinations that were seemingly senseless. She dared even further and produced for him a small, tentative smile when their hands eventually connected and he shook it. He was trying to reassure her, at least that's what she thought he was doing and if he was then the effort was appreciated.

Even as he spoke about food her stomach rumbled quietly reminding her that she still didn't know how to hunt and that she had yet to supply it with sustenance from AniWaya's stocks. The woman only took a meager amount each day, hardly enough to keep an adult canine going for very long. The sudden appearance of the meat though whoever was a surprise and the grateful shimmer in her eyes almost suggested that tears could be quite possible in the nearby future as she took the cold cut from him. At least it was until he plonked himself down near the fire.

She followed his action and sat cress legged, nibbling nervously upon the animal meat product in her paws. Energy caressed her mind announcing to her at least the arrival of her spirit guide. To Frodo however Tamai Waki would have appeared next to Gemma from thin air, his legs folded up neatly underneath his huge bulk as he laid next to his charge. The white buffalo surveyed Frodo with a steady gaze and Gemma seemed invigorated with a new burst of life and confidence at her spirit guise's arrival.

"This is Tamai Waki. My Spirit Guise." She said this proudly but looked away shyly as Tamai's head swung around to focus a beady black eye upon her, though the proud smile still curved her lips.