'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
[M] A book's the way to go - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [M] A book's the way to go (/showthread.php?tid=27409)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Jiva Takekuro - 05-01-2012

[html]
WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
[/html]

[html]
Word Count :: 245 OOC: Dated May 4; Setting possibly mid afternoon, he's in Optime Obviously, and i know youwanna replyyyy!!

Jiva wanted to prove to Emmanuelle that he was interested in the healing arts and he had memorized enough of what she showed him. Now it was up to him to learn more. He had procured soem books in the nearest town, though they didn’t seem to be the best of anything, they could help. Today he found himself near the den, sitting under a tree with the books he had found on his way home from drifters bay a few days ago. He sifted through one of the books finding, it had no information for him, or it was just in some totally different language that he couldn’t understand. The words seemed to be in english for the most part. Sighing the young man put down the book, perhaps it was too skilled for him? Picking up another he started with that and smiled, yes this was better, though it talked more of plants than healing, but he had learned from Emmanuelle that plants made a big part of medicines and healing and taking care of wounds and such so he immersed himself into the study of plants. He sat quiet reading the book. When he got into something he tended to obess over it so he didn’t know how long he had been sitting there and he didn’t know how much longer he would. The book had him immerse and he was entirely engrossed in the teachings it had to offer him.

ONE LAST KISS, BEFORE I GO. DRY YOUR TEARS, IT IS TIME TO LET YOU GO

Image courtesy of Ed Gaillard

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

- Palaydrian Soul - 05-05-2012

[html]

WC:: 700 Yay this will be like half hour or so after she just got accepted.

Everything was happening so fast and the siamese coated femme was in a complete daze. The alpha, Zalen, had just welcomed her into the pack after she had made an overly submissive fool of herself, and Noah, she had learned his name when Zalen spoke it, had led her into the heart of “New Dawn.” Her new home. She couldn’t remember how long she had been following the silver male or what he had said to her when he left her to her own devices, but the young lady realized she hadn’t even uttered her name. Beside herself, the pretty girl grinned and suddenly was rolling on the ground marking the fauna beneath her with her own scent to join the pack and most likely sending up a riot of of sweet heat scent into the air. She giggled softly to herself and rolled back unto her four paws, not realizing twigs and leaves were stuck in her blonde mane. I did it...I found a home all by myself. The thought filled her head and the feeling of warmth and happiness for the first time in weeks spread throughout her body.

New Dawn... she mused. This was to be her new pack, her new place in the world. She thought of her family and sent a silent prayer to the heavens that they were doing okay, today was a good day...today she felt alive. But with that, Palaydrian became uncomfortably aware for the first time today that she was still in heat. She’d lost count of the days that had passed since it had started again. 3 or 4? When does it end This would be her second heat cycle and she was still very much so embarrassed and unsure of the feelings that coursed through her. One thing she did know, was that she didn’t trust her mind in this red-haze-state, but now that her guard was down, all those warm and fuzzy feelings were creeping back into her. The femme shook her head in attempt to clear her mind and continued walking in the direction Noah had indicated.

I wonder how many wolves live here? She thought to herself as her keen nose tasted all of the unfamiliar scents. Zalen’s musk was everywhere and it very much dominated the surroundings, but as she was nearing what she presumed was the den, a multitude of fresh perfume hit her blood stained snout. Drin knew she’d have to get used to this, but the sudden change almost made her cry. She immediately thought of her family she left behind and everything familiar which was now weeks away from where she was standing. You’re stronger than this! She chided herself and continued walking into the wall of smells. Clearing the forest she stumbled upon the impressive face of what she assumed was the pack den, but her one sea glass green eye and her opposite gold dominant orb locked onto the peculiar colors of yet another werewolf. She’d never seen the fur color of the young male sitting neath a tree by the den, other than the pelt of the fox family back in her old lands. Is he even a wolf? She asked herself as she slowly continued forward.

Drin noticed the odd object he held in his hands. These lands were certainly strange, but everything she saw reminded her of the stories her mother had told her about this place. Here a wolf could stand on two legs without the stigma of a forever four legged pack judging them. She itched to shift, but stayed in her lupine form, stopping a few feet away from her new fellow pack member. “Umm...hello,” she cleared her throat, “I’m sorry if I’m interrupting you, it’s just that I’m...well I’m new here and...” she trailed off and looked away, suddenly finding herself without words. Don’t clam up now!My name is Palaydrian Soul.” She abruptly introduced herself and lowered herself in submission. The heat began to climb into her limbs.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-topleft: 20px;
-moz-border-radius-bottomleft: 20px;
border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

- Jiva Takekuro - 05-05-2012

[html]
Word Count :: 402 OOC:

Jiva’s concentration was interrupted by a sweet scent. Much like he had been smelling around the den, but never finding the source as it was always three steps ahead of him. This scent, however was hovering around him and new, fresh and very close. He dropped the book to his lap as soon as he heard the sweet sound of the female’s voice and his ears perk up. He was not immune to the heat cycle it seemed, though he had no idea what it was, just learning about the opposite sex. He had met Emma, who was beautiful and smart, and sweet as any canine could be. He didn’t judge her for who she was, a part coyote, though he was sure to get into trouble with some of those that were near. So the scent on the woman before him was quite aluring and his tail curled up with an excitement the young man had never felt before.

“Um, h-hello.

He said as he was trying to take a hold of his ability to think clearly, though it was starting to lose with the thought that ran through his head. He swallowed hard and put the book next to the tree, but didn’t stand, he wasn’t one to stand over someone else especially a pretty woman.

“It’s nice to meet you. I am Jiva Takekuro. He paused, then looked around for a second to see if anyone else was nere, then back at the young lady; “so you say you’re new here?”

He asked, wondering how new she was. He had been confining himself much of the winter and early spring because his sorry excuse for hunting and he couldn’t face his packmates, but now it seemed his dry spell was over and had been able to catch a rabbit for the pack. It wasn’t much but it was better than nothing at all. He could tell she had her own sucess, but he wasn’t paying too much attention to her whole being, especially that irrisistable scent. If he didn’t think it was bad to stand over someone he’d be right up next to her sniffing her and seeing what it was all about, though the distance she kept already made him wonder what was going on with himself to think of jumping on the woman he didn’t know.

<style>
.GR2_JivaHawk b {font-family:verdana; color:#bfc3c2; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk {background-color:#3a3937; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#2c2a2b; line-height:12px; width:450px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/639/jivetable.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 5px 0px; border:5px solid #2c2a2b; margin:0 auto; border-radius:18px; -moz-border-radius:18px; -webkit-border-radius:18px; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .inner {margin:0 10px; background-image:url(http://img857.imageshack.us/img857/4346/21bn0ba.png); border-radius:10px; border:2px solid #2c2a2b; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .name {text-align:center; font-family:Simonetta; font-size:60px; text-shadow:#102015 1px 1px 1px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:33px; letter-spacing:-1px;}
.GR2_JivaHawk .lyrics {color:#edeff4; text-align:center; font-family:Fresca; font-size:11px; padding:0px 15px 0px 15px; line-height:10px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.GR2_JivaHawk .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #2c2a2b; padding:5px 15px 0px 15px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

[html]

WC:: 441 Cuteness!

Now that she was no longer in a formal setting, she was becoming very aware of the male in front of her. With Noah and Zalen she almost felt asexual, her manners coming first before her feminine needs and wants, but about an hour later and in the presence of yet another male stranger, Drin was forgetting herself. Was heat meant to drive a usually respectable female crazy? The cream girl moved out of her submissive pose and straightened up her stance to a comfortable four legged standing position. The male’s first words poured into her seal point ears and caused a small flirtatious smile to spread across her dark grey lips. He seemed to be just as nervous as she was, and her secular heterochromia eyes didn’t miss the way his tail perked up in harmless attention. Much like a schoolgirl, she suddenly felt shy and coy, but very much so wanted to continue speaking with the stranger.

She watched as his red hands put away the object he was looking at and she drew closer when he dropped his name. Jiva Takekuro. She repeated and wordlessly mouthed as he briefly turned his head away and back to her with a question. Drin, full of butterflies, quickly centered herself and grabbed hold of her newfound confidence as she came even closer. She stopped near one of his outstretched hind legs and settled on her haunches in a relaxed sitting position, though nothing about her was very relaxed. The femme looked into his eyes and realized he too shared a form of the genetic mutation she carried. Her smile spread in recognition before she answered, “By new I meant just accepted, about a hour ago,” she blushed, slightly feeling silly and brazen for locking eyes with him. Her two toned eyes averted down to the ground before she looked up again, “Mind showing me the ropes?” She asked, hoping she hadn’t been too forward in her flirting.

I mean if you’re not too busy or anything...again I don’t mean to intrude or-or be rude,” the nerves had gotten the best of her again. She poked her rose tongue out in a comical expression and immediately lifted a seal point paw to cover her muzzle. Could I be any more embarrassing?! Now thoroughly mortified, Palaydrian whine pathetically before her paw dropped and she regained her composure. “I’m normally not this...socially awkward...” she laughed slightly, hoping he’d find her to be amusing instead of annoying. Heat was such a strange thing.

<style>
.palayacai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family: verdana; font-size:9px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
.palayacai b {color:#282e1c; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#818282 0px 1px 0px; }
.palayacai {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/b6oC0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:6px solid #282e1c; margin:0 auto; border-radius:20px; font-family: verdana; font-size:10px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:520px; text-align:justify;margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.palayacai .inner {margin:235px 5px 5px 5px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/50pct_white.png); -webkit-border-top-left-radius: 20px;
border-bottom-left-radius: 20px;; border:1px solid #000000; height:255px; overflow:auto;}
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Word Count :: 453 OOC: I am full of words today!!

Jiva’s heart was going wild. And it didn’t stop there as she moved even closer. He swallowed hard for there was a lump in his throat that felt it wouldn’t go away. He blinked as she looked him straight in the eyes and he noticed the odd coloration of her own. Much like his, they were different colors. Unlike his one had the same color as the other with a bit of a different mixed in. He thought it gave her character. He couldn’t help but give her a stupid smile.

“Oh well... you are very much new indeed! I would be glad to show you, I am not busy at all.”

He said, pushing the pile of medical books further away from him and more behind the tree. He figured he was best suited in his lupus form for such a job. Standing up he changed in front of her, not embarrassed by it at all, though his own father was private about it the boy had seen many do this in front of one another and he saw no problems at all, it took a little while before he was his normal lupine self and he shook himself before giving her his dumb smile again.

“You are not at all. I uh I wasn’t very good when I first came to a new place.”

He wanted her to feel welcome and he wanted her to like him. His thoughts were all on her, Emma was not even on his mind anymore it was as if she never existed, though when he came to his senses and if something happened between him and this now stranger he would probably regret it, just for the sake he liked someone else even though he had only just met her too. Life would get far more confusing when the irresistable young woman before him left the vacinity. For now only one thing was on his mind, and he was trying to keep it together as he was not alpha and he did not have permission for such a thing as it was. That was what kept him in line. The respect he had for his cousin and her mate.

“You... errr would you uh like to see the lands first? Or did you uh have anything in particular in mind?”

He asked. It was all up to her. He could tell that she would not need feeding, though he wanted to show her just how powerful a hunter he was. He wanted to show her he meant something to this pack, while in reality he was little more than a little help.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

[html]

WC:: 490 Love this thread!

Drin felt her limbs going weak when Jiva’s purple and green eyes respectively, met her two toned eyes again and he seemed more than happy to show her around. She giggled again as the butterflies in her stomach seemed to make their way to her heart, making it pound faster and faster in response. She felt relieved that he was so welcoming and hoped that the rest of the New Dawn pack was just as friendly, but at the moment all of her thoughts were for Jiva. The siamese coated femme backed up when the handsome packmate moved the strange objects away from himself and stood up to shift. Her eyes drank him in before he morphed before her eyes. Drin found her maw slightly agape at being allowed audience to something she had only seen her family members do. She immediately admired the wolf’s candidness and hoped she could be as open with him. Maybe someday I’ll let him see me... she mused with a slight smile on her maw as he spoke to her again.

She chuckled with relief at what he said as he obviously found her comment to be a familiar feeling. Her smile broadened and again she found herself staring into his eyes and breathing him in. The only other wolf she’d seen with heterochromia was her father, but his eyes had been one blue and one hazel...an echo of what her’s were. Paradise.. the thought swam in her hormone crazed mind. Be cool, be cool! She warned herself. Jiva asked her where she’d like to go and the blood scent on her muzzle didn’t take her long to decide. “How about somewhere to wash up?” She asked with a teasing smile. “I probably look like a wreck...and I just recently caught myself some lunch,” she laughed easily again before she found herself looking into his eyes again. “I’m sorry if it seems like I’m staring....but your eyes, they-they’re beautiful. I mean-they’re so...” she breathed out, “different like mine. I love them.” Did she just blurt that out? Heat rose to her cheeks, and Drin averted her gaze, but forced herself to slowly bring it up to meet his again.

Smitten like a kitten? Yes. During her first cycle she had been so confused and dead set on avoiding the opposite sex, but this was her second cycle, and this was her new start. Drin must have gained some sort of self confidence in the wilderness all by herself and something about it was intoxicating. For once she felt free and empowered by her own decisions. Blame it on the heat, but usually she was skeptical of starting friendships with anyone, but Javin was different...his friendliness and obvious nerves settled her and made her want to get to know him more.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Word Count :: 478 OOC: Me too Big Grin

His stupid smile was still on his face as he kept his eyes on her but he didn’t really start moving yet. He knew exactly where to go now that she suggested it, but he couldn’t take a step away it was as though someone put his feet in clay and it had hardened around him.

“I do know a perfect spot to wash up at. ..”

He cut himself off, and as she spoke to him about staring and her admiration of his eyes he couldn’t help but feel every part of him tingle. He had to actually shake himself to keep from falling over like a dumb stricken animal who had his head clobbered.

“Th.... thanks, um The purple is my mother’s color and the green is my fathers. They were surprised when I opened my eyes.

He said blinking a little and now averting his eyes. He wasn’t sure how he was suppose to handle this, and to help himself more than her he cleared his throat and gave his mane a shake, the stiff red hawk moved a little as he did so making him think only slightly clearer.

“Well um that’s right to clean up! I know where to go, follow me.”

He said and he forced his paws away from her though he knew he wanted to glue himself right next to her at that very moment. His walk was a little stiff, though he held his head up high, like any proud wolf would do when there was a woman around. He wanted to show off and he was sure once he loosened his limbs a little his puppy like state would come out soon enough. He moved through the trees towards the little river, it was the closest and best water source they had and it was perfect for exactly what the young woman wanted.

“So uh.... what made you want to come here?”

He asked curiously. He couldn’t help thinking about how wolves chose a place and if they chose a place for a reason. He knew this was his home, though he wasn’t entirely attached to it like he thought he should be, but he was loyal and did not risk its security for his own pleasure. He had chosen it for its’ wild route, and that his cousin lived there. He could have stayed in Cour des miracles but there was too much for him to live up to, his father, his mother, his uncles and aunts. He just wanted to be himself and not someone else. So he was curious as to why someone else would pick New Dawn. Everyone had their own reason and since she was so new already and he now had to know everything about her.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

[html]

WC:: 464 XD

Twitter-pegged was the word. Palaydrian’s eyes hungrily drank in Jiva as the shock registered on his face over her newfound passion. He must like me too... she thought, and her blush only deepened while he stumbled through a ‘thank you’ and physically shook his body as if to rid himself of raindrops. She gave him a warm smile to match his goofy one now that she knew she wasn’t the only one feeling as if she was on cloud 9. His two toned eyes left her for a second in his own embarrassment, but it gave her the chance to bit her lip and burry a wide grin in her shoulder before he continued. Drin couldn’t believe the rush of emotions she was feeling for a complete stranger. Sure they were packmates, but she had just met the guy! But now was not the time for thinking logically, the female felt playful and flirty, and as far as she was concerned, Drin felt Jiva was in the same boat.

She was relieved when Jiva turned to lead the way. A breakup from the intense moment they had minutes ago would allow them both to collect their thoughts. Drin delayed at first, taking humorous pleasure in the way he stiffly moved, but the female soon caught up and found herself drifting closer and closer to him as they walked along. Ah, the age old question drifted between the two and instead of tensing up, Drin found herself spilling the beans. “It might sound silly, but I’m chasing a pup hood story,” she said with a laugh. “My grandmother grew up in place called Bleeding Souls, and I decided that I wanted to find those lands someday. I set off on my adventure a lot earlier than expected though...” she trailed off unsure of whether or not she was ready to share what had happened a few weeks ago and what ultimately pushed her out of her homelands. The sound of the river a little bit away tickled her ears.

Palaydrian slowed down her gait and stopped to look at Jiva in those captivating eyes again. She knew she wasn’t ready to tell him everything, the heat couldn’t completely rob her of her conscious. “Jiva...I’d really like to share my entire story with you someday....but right now, ” she paused and got a mysterious look on her face, “let’s go swimming!” she squealed and took a chance. Drin lifted off her hind legs and pressed her front paws into Jiva’s chest. She locked eyes with the mohawked wolf again and playfully licked his muzzle before taking off at sprint towards the sound of running water. Kids will be kids.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Word Count :: 347 OOC:

He took things one step at a time, trying his best to hold his instincts, to make sure that he would not jump the poor girl. He didn’t know her and he kept repeating that. It didn’t help that as they walked she got closer to him. She spoke words of wonder. He knew this place was called souls, but he had never heard of the bleeding part. He was about to ask her why she left earlier than she tought but she already answered his question and he would not push it.

“Well I think you may have found it. I know this area is called souls, but I don’t know about the bleeding part.”

He said and then distracted himself with the sound of the running water. It was a soothing sound and almost hypnotic, in fact he felt more like himself than this some how love struck pup that had just found the one he wanted to be with. He was confused on that part now because Emma did pop into his head. He shook his head and her alluring scent came closer to him as she spoke about swimming then hopped on his chest. It was their first physical contact and Jiva tensed every muscle in his body not to tackle the poor woman. His eyes went wide and then as soon as she were there she was gone. This was an invitation to him, and his excitement for play overpowered his need for anything else. It was good to still be nearly a pup. This thought ran through his head as he chased after her letting out a laugh as he ran after her towards the water. A source that wasn’t much but it was the best they had except for the salty thunderous water this stream fed into. He passed her just by an inch before hitting the water and rolling into it. He could still stand for it wasn’t swimmable water, but it was still worth a play in and good place to clean up.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

- Palaydrian Soul - 05-06-2012

[html]

WC:: 364

I don’t know about the bleeding part.” His comment was drowned out in her mind. What is he thinking, how does he feel? The thoughts whirled about in her head as the wind whipped through her hair and she put distance between herself and him. Palaydrian had done something she would not have imagined doing a few weeks ago. Where did this flirtatious bravery come from? Was it just heat that lit the flame under her paws and put the words on her tongue? The answers would come in time, but for now the most recent New Dawn member was enjoying the unknown and the company of a cute guy. She didn’t know his story, his past, or his relations...and frankly she didn’t care, Drin was alive in this moment and for all she knew, they were the only two who existed in this neck of the woods.

She hadn’t gotten too far away from him before she felt his approach from behind. A grin was plastered on her face as she continued to bound forward and his laugh bubbled into her heart. Jiva was fast! He was already neck and neck with her. Drin would’ve jostled into him for fun, but her toes already reached the damp sandy bank of the river and before she knew it, the red male had thrown himself into the water. She crashed in after him and rolled around in the current. Dull claws scraped off the rocky bottom of the stream as she tried to float without touching the ground. She giggled and dunked her head under to wash the dried grouse blood off her muzzle. She re-emerged with a fresh face to expose her seal point snout and began splashing water in Jiva’s direction with her front paws.

The dirt and grime of her travels was washing off in the current, and temporarily the heavy scent of heat. “Just so you know,” she shouted in between a splash and a grin, “I let you beat me to the water!” Drin hadn’t had this much fun in awhile.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

- Jiva Takekuro - 05-06-2012

[html]
Word Count :: 423 OOC: Playful Jiva is playful :3

Other than him being drawn to her by her scent, he knew that she could become a valuable friend. It wasn’t everyday he could act like this.... then again if she stopped smelling like this would he still be allowed? He could tell she was fidgity, or at least it seemed that way to him. He needed things to do and running helped clear his head. Once in the water things seemed to hit him, though the scent still lingered, the cold water seemed to bring him more to his senses, but he was not having fun more as a pup would than as an adult trying to get the female, though he very much wanted her. He had to keep reminding himself, ‘just her scent, just her scent, it will pass’ over in his head. Just thinking about his cousin Titania, and the look of disappointment and anger on her face made him more apt to keep from doing the things he wanted to do. Zalen too, he respected and to mate with someone without either’s permission was bad. So he was happy that the water help distill his own need.

He laughed as she tried swimming in the shallow water. It was hard as he tried it after her, but it was fun. he braced himself as her splashes came to him, wetting his hair more, and the sap that held it up came out flattening on his head. He didn’t care. He was happy with his hair however it was, but he liked his hawk more than a flat hairdo. Once here barage of splashes were finished he used his own front paws to splash her. He grinned as she spoke.

“Oh did you now? I am a pretty good runner, I bet I could beat you again.”

He laughed. It was true he was agile. He was made for the chase, though he looked strong he could not take down a deer by himself like some could. He was made to be the one to chase the animal toward the ones that took it down. He grinned at her, wondering if she were that fast. It would be a fun contest. He splashed a little more before diving in and swimming around her, only coming up when he was sure he was behind her. He didn’t know if she had seen him and followed him but he did what he could to try to dunk her in the water by jumping at her.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

[html]

WC:: 435 Squee too cute!

The chill of the river was a welcome feeling as it dispersed Palaydrian’s red-hot need for mate and in turn brought her out of her haze. She couldn’t be too sure if it was just her raging hormones that were causing her to act like a flirty schoolgirl, or truly Jiva’s company. She liked to think it was the latter, as she really was having fun with her new packmate, and she hoped days like this would be numerous in her new life. I could let him in... she thought as her playful grin widened as Jiva’s mohawk melted down to long fur strokes between his ears when he attempted her half-assed doggy paddle. He’s really cute! Drin giggled and let more water fly towards him in mock protest of his claims. “Is that so? Well it seems like we’ll have to have a little rematch on our paws then Jiva,” her brow above her normally colored eye rose in playful challenge and she was about to try her luck and give him another flirty lick when the male disappeared beneath the water.

Jiva was definitely a good underwater swimmer. Drin didn’t even have a chance to turn around when he emerged behind her and made his leap. A surprised squeal escaped her maw before she went under and she accidentally breathed in some of the river water from laughing. The cream femme came up sputtering and coughing. “That is-cough cough-if you don’t drown me-cough-first!” When the need to expel her lungs of unwanted fluid passed, Palaydrian sneezed the excess water out of her nostrils and waded towards the bank. She looked back with a fond smile when her tail cleared the water and gave her Siamese coat a good shake, sending droplets infused with her heat everywhere.

Okay water dog! Let’s find a sunny spot to dry off, and maybe....if you’re lucky, I’ll let you have that rematch,” she teased flicking the surface of the flowing river with her paw in attempts at splashing him once again. No way this could just be the heat. Drin was finally experiencing what every other young wolf from her birth pack had after winter. In those old lands, she was the pariah for being a shifter. Yet the females still sought out her brothers. It was a double standard, but she knew the males stayed away because they were afraid of her strength and embarrased at her versitality. New pack, new place, she would live by her own rule now.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Word Count :: 310 OOC:

The second Jiva came up and saw her coughing and sputtering he felt bad and he wanted to help but he didn’t know what. It seemed she was able to clear herself of the unwanted water, and she was still in good spirits as well as she moved out of the water. He closed his eyes as she shook herself of the water that drenched her and he followed, slowly though as he knew that after a little while things would start to get complicated again.... so why was he with her then, if she was so alluring? Well she was new... and she was nice, and she seemed to want his company. That should have been good enough. At least for him. He turned his head from the oncoming water and grinned. A possible rematch was a good thing. He loved a challange. Hopping out of the water himself he gave an enthusiastic shake sending water everywhere, including her direction.

“Oh i’m sure i’ll get the rematch out of you. If not today soon.”

He said and trotted a head to lead her to an open area where they could rest in the sun. The hawk that had once been now went every which way, but he didn’t care. He would fix it later when he had the chance, right now he was taking in a new friendship that seemed to be budding more because of the heat she was in. He hoped that it wasn’t entirely because of it, for he did want to be the woman’s friend. She was atractive nice, and one of the few like Ciara who enjoyed play. And Jiva was all about play. He nipped at her cheek and trotted up, but not too fast so that she couldn’t catch up, but he was being a tease nonetheless.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

[html]

WC:: 353

Hey!” She barked/laughed when Jiva shook out his red coat. “You must think you’ve made an impression on me then, huh?” She teased, shaking out her coat again and blushing slightly when he nipped at her cheek. Drin playfully snapped at his tail before falling in beside him. “But you’d be right to assume that...I mean, it’s not everyday that I get the chance to run into a cute stranger,” the cream femme grinned and turned her head to stare straight forward with confidence so her words could sink in. Something about those eyes...his tousled hair...oh Palaydrian, this is new territory. The female jostled her shoulder into his and continued walking. Puppy love was something amazing.

Her confident grin relaxed into a friendly smile, “Those things you were holding before I met you...what were they?” She asked, feeling a little unsure as to whether or not that was a stupid question. She tried to think back as to whether or not her great grandmother Syliat had possessed one of those objects before. Drin couldn’t remember ever seeing her with one, but the word “paper” stuck in her mind. “It’s just-well, back in my old lands, only my family could shift. Unfortunately, this “gift” was-well it was looked down upon,” she breathed out her confession in a quick breath, spitting the word “gift” out. This may not have explained why she didn’t know what the objects were, but from where Palaydrian came from, human artifacts were not present and nothing as extraordinary as a book had ever been seen before.

And just as soon as she said it, she regretted it. “Oh, I’m sorry! Your optime form was a-amazing,” she blurted. Why am I tongue-tied again?!I have nothing against shifters!...It’s just, well growing up in a place where I was persecuted for that form kind of made it lose its magic for me,” she said suddenly feeling the tears well up in her eyes.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Word Count :: 557 OOC:

“Well I wouldnt’ say that, you just seem the type who wouldn’t want to pass up a challange is all.”

He couldn’t help but feel the heat of the thrill of someone calling him cute, especially someone as pretty and different as her. He hadn’t seen a wolf with her types of markings before and the way it blended in with itself was something he could watch for days on end... then again that could just be the scent talking. She asked him a simple question one that he understood why she asked it. Not all wolves were like him or his own family. He knew many illiterate wolves not to mention some that came across such things and yet didn’t know what to call them. He was about to answer, even took a short breath when she started telling him the reason why, and things began to turn dark. It seemed she was shunned for being a luperci and it did hurt him a little as she growled out the word gift, for he thought it was. He was born with an accepting pack, they had taught him what it was, and that it helped them become who they were. Jiva thought it was another part of the evolution of earth. It was their time now.He stayed quiet as she spoke making him feel better for himself, but for her he hurt. He gave her a sad look but let her finish. He stopped just shy of the welcoming grass, under the shade of a tree near the river.

“I am sorry, so this is why you came this way? You know you have nothing to be ashamed of here. We accept those that can change, welcome it for all we are a traditional pack.”

He put a paw on hers and gave her a sincere look. He figured now is the time to answer her question.

“The things I have are called books. They have words in them like spoken language except you use your eyes rather than speaking. They hold vast knowledge, from hunting, cooking, and building something, to even things that aren’t even real. They are a great learning tool. I had a book on medicine. Natural stuff, we don’t have the abilities that humans had, but I am trying to learn how to heal wounds.”

He said, he wanted to help her and the only way he could was to change onto something better but he let her know that he would be willing to continue listening to her if she wanted to, his muzzle found her neck and he rubbed, the scent was so aluring, the thought of making her happy filled him, and soon the one thing on his mind and suddenly he had to move back. It was almost too much he breathed hard and he looked at her hopign she wasn’t hurt by his sudden need to move away. They just met, Titania would be furious, Zalen would demote him. Those words flowed through his head, barely helping him keep control. His whole body shook from the need, but he didn’t move now. He felt that he might have just ruined the whole of their friendship by treating her as though she had burned him.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

[html]

WC:: 514

And just as soon as they came, the tears disappeared. Her new pack mate had a calming effect about him and she knew she didn’t want to be anywhere else but here, with him. Palaydrian smiled brokenly up at Jiva when his paw made contact with hers. The simple touch sent fire through her veins and made her heart beat even faster. I don’t want this to end, she thought to herself as she wordlessly mouthed the words thank you, when he continued. She watched his lips move while he described the books and once again, the young wolfess felt herself sinking deeper and deeper into his purple and green eyes. Drin knew she wouldn’t tire listening to him talk all day especially about something he seemed so passionate about. Syliat had spoken of paper and words written, and putting two and two together, Drin realized these books were what she was talking about. Her great grandmother had taught her to write her own name, but beyond that, Drin had no real knowledge of the written word and she could hardly grasp the fact that somewhere in this world, more languages than her own were spoken and read.

Jiva’s fascination with his medical books was contagious. The female realized she too had the desire to read. Perhaps not about healing, but Jiva mentioned books that spoke about things that didn’t even exist. This puzzled and excited her. What could be written that wasn’t already in her world? Drin decided she’d ask Jiva to teach her how to write and read more words and where she could find a book of unreal things when the male closed the gap between them.She could feel the delicious heat of his muzzle against her neck and found herself melting into his wolfish embrace. It ended too soon and a dramatic cold replaced where he had been when he took a few steps back. Hurt furrowed her brow, Did I do something wrong? she wondered. Her clear eyes searched his face for an answer when her own scent wafted into her nares. Cream cheeks flushed in recognition and embarrassment.

I’m sorry if my scent offends...I am aware of what an awkward position it must put you in,” she hung her head cursing her existence of a female. Why did this have to happen now? Was anything genuine while her hormones were in overdrive? Drin wanted to believe that they were, but with his sudden pulling away, she had to question her own actions. He probably likes someone else...and I’m just a distraction. No wolf found me attractive in my old lands...what difference would there be here? Drin’s heart was sinking. The femme knew she shouldn’t take his actions personally, but she was failing horribly at keeping it non personal. “Jiva, if you’d rather show me around the pack some other time...I’d understand,” she said looking away from him and into the meadow he’d lead them to.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Word Count :: 257 OOC:

His heart beat as he could tell he really did hurt her and he didn’t know what to do to make it right. But how? He could see she somewhat understood his position, but he could still see her hurt. He swallowed and shook his head a little. Then at the mention of showing her around some other time he sternly growled.

“No it’s not you. I just, i mean. … I’ve never been. I don’t want to hurt you. I uh...”

Oh to be young again he thought as he closed his eyes trying to get his thoughts in line. He wanted her to be his friend. He took a step closer still shaking a little.

“I want to be a better pack brother than this, I think I can continue. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. Please forgive me. I really would like to show you around more.”

He said sincerely. He just knew he couldn’t get all that close to her again or things would turn for the worse. He wanted her friendship and he didn’t want her to feel she was unwanted. He knew he was in a predicament, but it was something he would have to learn to control as there were many females in the pack. He wasn’t going to go wild and let himself mate with every single one. He took a deep breath and smiled at her, hopeful that she could still stand him even after his stupidity.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

[html]

WC:: 298

Palaydrian was ready to walk back the way they had come, tail tucked between her legs. She wanted to find a private place in the den where she could bury her face for a few days. Ultimately she was being a dramatic teen, but in this moment she thought she could die. Jiva probably thought she was a complete fool. There was no logical reason for him to want to show her around in the first place if it hadn’t been for her perfume. The cream wolf felt defeated. She hated that her body was going through this changing period and yet it was something she still didn’t completely understand. She thought of her how brother was around Kila. He never spurned her or turned away from her advances. She had definitely done something wrong. Why else would the red male withdraw from her? I’m ugly... His growl interrupted her thoughts.

Her head cocked to the side as she listened to him, she was still afraid to make eye contact again, but as she listened, her smile spread back onto her lips. Drin looked up and her gaze softened at seeing his difficulty in approaching her again. He cares after all! Her heart fluttered. His actions weren’t meant to be personal at all, he was simply being cautious. Drin was not aware of the rules around here but she figured his wariness was because of them and she would not question it anymore. “No need for an apology...sometimes I take things a little too personally. For that, I am sorry,” she said giving him another reassuring smile. “I’d greatly appreciate your company, where to next?” Awkwardness out of the way, she hoped they could continue.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

[html]
Word Count :: 309 OOC:

His heart had not calmed down but when she gave him her smile he did relax somewhat, enough to show that he was relieved. It was hard to explain to someone he just met that he was experiencing stuff he had never experienced before, and that he wanted to do things that embarrassed even him... to her, and it was because of her scent at least he was sure of it, so he didn’t want false impressions. His attitude would remain the same around her, though with a bit less flirting than he’d given, but he was a nice wolf and if he liked someone, which he could say he liked her, he would continue to be their friend. As she agreed to continue with the tour he couldn’t help but smile.

“Have you seen our view of the ocean?”

The young man asked his tail beginning to wag a little again. He knew that would be a good place for her to get her mind off things. In fact it would probably be the best time to go out there and let her have a look. Then he could show her a bit of the mountain, though he had learned when he was on a trek with his cousin, he was not too fond of heights, but he was sure she’d like the view from the bottom, he just wouldn’t mention the view up top. not until she met someone who could take her without clinging to the side of the wall in fear. He began walking once more, out into the open so the sun could dry off their fur and moved toward the beach. If she wanted she could follow, but he would keep a steady pace, still a little stiff legged, but he still was able to move well enough.

<style>
Table by Kitty
[/html]

[html]

WC:: 410

The last time she had gone through heat, Drin was being chased out of her old lands by a pack of young males. Via Kila’s order they were meant to scare her out at all costs and Kila never specified what they could or couldn’t do to her. Males that she had spent a good four months getting used to suddenly turned on her, and the day her fate was sealed, happened to also be her first experience with heat. At the time she didn’t even have a moment to think about all the emotions flying through her body, her only thought was flight or be killed trying to get away. The 5 easily trailed her throughout the woods, her scent being catalogued away in their minds for malicious intentions. Though they hadn’t made passes at her before, Arlo made it very clear when he had her in his mouth that he wouldn’t mind sampling her against her will. The poisonous memory made Palaydrian shudder before her attention snapped back to Jiva.

Relief washed over her when the male seemed to relax. I think we’re all good. Her genuine smile remained on her lips when he asked her if she had seen the ocean. She hadn’t of course since she had just recently stumbled upon the borders for New Dawn. The cream femme shook her head. “Don’t laugh, but I’ve never seen the ocean before.” She gave a soft laugh. “I’ve only heard stories about its vastness. The closest I’ve ever been to the ocean, was the beach of a lake. I’d love to see New Dawn’s view!” She exclaimed in an excited breath. There would be time to think about her past, and a time to share it with him, right now she wanted to keep her thoughts light and start over with Jiva. She wanted to flirt with him still, but withheld for the moment like a dog that had been berated by his master. Some other time...you just met Drin! She reminded herself and rolled off her haunches to follow him.

The warmth of the sun filtered through her golden fur and felt good in her limbs. She noticed how Jiva was walking, but kept her silly comments to herself. “So...how did you come to find yourself in New Dawn?” She asked, genuinely curious to hear his own story.

<style>
</style>
[/html]