'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
[p] cold shot - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: [p] cold shot (/showthread.php?tid=31393)

- Alyssum de Fonte - 09-18-2012

[html]
shorty! fore-date this to Sept. 19?

With the day as busy as it had been, Alyssum was surprised she had managed free herself a few spare moments by herself. She had been going about like a bee in a sea of flowers, and it seemed that she did not have one moment of peace, except for those one few bubbles of time that she could relax in. The intervals were short lived and far in between, though, so whenever they came, they were usually spent quickly on the side of the courthouse near the gardens by her lonesome, where she would rest and try to catch a breather and reflect on various thoughts.

She struck a match and lit the end of the butt, and sighed as the calming essence of the clove smoked through the air, and occasionally took a small breath of cigarette, watching the fire flare for a moment and then dim. After getting it properly going, she slid down onto her seat and leaned against the wall, and looked up at the sky and the other things around her. She supposed that she had enough free time to sit there comfortably and let the scenery take over her attention for a couple of minutes before she had to return to her duties, and so she did. With the smell of clove floating and the quiet babble of the nearby stream, Alyssum was easily lulled into peace, and soaked up the suspension of time.

[/html]

- Tony Marino-Knight - 09-19-2012

[html]
text goes here

The journey to Cercatori had been a shambles. But what did he care. Skye was nothing but a whore and the pups were nothing but bastards. And his father. Well... He didn't know what to think of him any more. The man he'd once fear and respect had do so much wrong (at least in Tony's mind that Tony was considering that maybe he didn't deserve it? As a leader, yes. But perhaps not as a father or a man. And Alyssum. Tony was unsure of her as it stood. She'd gained leadership and mateship quickly which was odd to say the least.

His family. The one he was born into was imperfect. This was unavoidable. An absent mother, a 'womanising' father, a sister who was a stoner and a brother which was both of the former. His brother was a killer (though Tony didn't believe it had been on purpose) and Fia wasn't to be seen either.

But the family he had created. Neela. Luca. Isla. Grynn. Callum. They were absolutely perfect in every way.

<style>
.irontony-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.irontony i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.irontony b {font-weight:bold; color:#cd1111; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #d7cb12; }
.irontony {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#34053b; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 0e1e08.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #34053b;}
</style>
[/html]

- Alyssum de Fonte - 09-19-2012

[html]

A minute or two had passed, and Alyssum was already wrapped up with the twittering of a bird, and she tried to spot it, knowing it was somewhere deep within the branches of the tree nearby. But, the bird's song faultered, and suddenly fell silent, and she saw a fleeing shape fly from that tree into one a couple of yards away, and continued with its music. With perked ears, she glanced around for whatever cause the disturbance, knowing that she was too still for the bird to notice her, she caught sights of a lone member. It took her a moment to realize who it was, but ever since committing her memory to remember all the names of her pack members, it soon came to her.

"Hey, Tony," she called to her mate's son, and stood up from her seat on the ground, though remained leaning against the building. She guessed he must've been going somewhere--perhaps to check on his mate and children, or some chores. Either way, she didn't want to keep him long, not wanting to distract him from whatever task he was on, and asked with good-nature, "How's Neela and the pups?" She hadn't seen the red female as of late, but she could only guess she was taking good care of her kids, which put a soft smile on the coywolf's face at the thought of the woman with her pups.

[/html]

- Tony Marino-Knight - 09-19-2012

[html]
ffff and I thought Tony was going to hate Aly.... think hes getting dangerously close to almost liking her XD

Ochre eyes glanced over Alyssum. Still unsure of her. Though it was more suspicion than because she'd actually done something to offend or annoy him. The fact that she'd joined and then become mated with his father in a short space of time seemed... Odd to him, almost. He often wondered if she'd been screwing Jazper jsut for a promotion and then got caught up in her own façade. But this was almost too far fetched to believe, even for Tony. After a moment, he offered up a regularly pleasant smile to his step mother (it felt weird even thinking it), taking his usual wide strides towards where Alyssum stood.

'Ey...' he mumbled softly, looking down to his step mother. He shrugged when she spoke of his kids, 'Eh' he prefixed as a dry chuckle escaped his throat. 'Okay, ah thin'. Wouldn' let me see 'em f' ages. Was five a' firs' 'parently. But... Uh... Aye...' Tony shrugged again, adding a shake of his head. 'Two girls, two lads now though...' he beamed softly, smiling down to Aly again. 'Neela's okay. Ah thin', but shaken...'

<style>
.irontony b {font-weight:bold; color:#cd1111; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.2em 0.2em 0.2em #d7cb12; }
.irontony {width:500px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#34053b; background-image:url(http://i910.photobucket.com/albums/ac30 ... 0e1e08.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:330px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#ffffff; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #34053b;}
</style>
[/html]

- Alyssum de Fonte - 09-27-2012

[html]

Alyssum was not sure what she was to Jazper's kids. She had not really talked to them beyond
pack things before she and the man became mated, and now to seem them as family was
somewhat awkward to her, especially when she was now tied to their father. She didn't feel like
their mother--and, she certainly did not expect his children, and Tony most of all, to start
referring to them as they had with Ghita. Yet, she had to have some sort of place within their lives
now, and what is was, she didn't know.

She smiled softly as the man spoke of good tidings, but had a little darker tidbit. "Oh," she
breathed, and glanced down at the ground in respect. While she felt saddened at that part of the
news, she still saw it as a happy occasion never the less. "It's good to hear that Neela and the rest
of the pups are healthy. I hope they have a bright future to come."
She paused for a moment, and
asked, "How are you doing, Tony?" She had not really talked to the man, much less than his other
siblings, and while her socializing ran smoothing most of the time, she could not help but feel a
bit odd.

[/html]

- Tony Marino-Knight - 09-28-2012

[html]
text goes here

It was strange for Tony, having never known of any kind of situation similar to this, to be suddenly immersed into it. He regarded Alyssum as family more than he did Skye and her bastard children. And he assumed the same would be for any pups that came of Alyssum and his father's mateship. That was another strange thought, but surprisingly it didn't faze him nor anger him any more. Now that he was a father himself with other things to worry about aside from his own father's crap, he found himself caring less. But the business with Skye was still a sore spot for Tony to say the least.

'Guess tha' makes y' some sorta Grandma then...' Tony muse quietly, a thin grin sneaking itself onto his maw. When the conversation switched to him, he shrugged. 'Aye. Ah'm okay. Sick 'a this arm an' all'. He gestured to his arm, the broken arm. His left one. There was still no feeling in it after all this time, but it's movement was getting much better. It wasn't as if he couldn't do anything with one arm, he was still useful.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

- Alyssum de Fonte - 10-07-2012

[html]

She sniffed at Tony's words, and snuffed out the clove cigarette, driving the flaming end until the ground until the live embers that danced was smothered until a cold silence. "Hardly! I'm about as much as a grandma as you are--I'm too young for that sort of thing," she exclaimed softly, returning the smile with her own playful smirk. Being who she was, though, it wouldn't be too hard for her to fit the role of a maternal figure for the young pups, though the title grandmother was not flattering. Yet, it made her grin at the thought of some pup calling her "maw maw".

"Arms aren't fun sometimes, are they?" she agreed, remembering the recent time her arm had to be wrapped because of that damned cat. She was well off than Tony was, of course, but she could empathize to a degree. "Let it rest a bit, and it should be as good as new." She fell silent for a moment, and asked without much forethought, "What do you think of us, me and your dad?" It was better to be direct than to beat around the bush, in her opinion, and to openly discuss something that she found awkward was her remedy to cure it. That, and she was truly curious of the one of the more tempermental Knight's thoughts.

[/html]

- Tony Marino-Knight - 10-09-2012

[html]
text goes here

Tony shook his head with a chuckle. Ochre eyes peering down at Alyssum, full of childish humour. 'Fine! Fine! Bu' y'know...' he sucked in air dramatically, 'Y' are. An' y' better get used to it. Lil' Cal'll be callin' his Gra'ma in jus' a few weeks'. He picked Callum as an example, because he could definitely see him doing that. Luca, not so much. Luca was too mature, even at this tender age, too polite. Too perfect. Tony smiled fondly to himself, clearing his throat before moving on with the conversation, nodding along with the arm comment.

Ochre eyes darked slightly, and Tony gave Alyssum a childish shrug. 'I'unno' he mumbled, looking up but avoiding his stepmother's gaze. It was easier to think of her as just another member of the family and not some woman younger than his own mate boning his own father. He shuddered, but it was well masked by a well timed gust of wind. 'S'pose 's better than tha' whore he knocked up fr'm tha' other pack...' Tony scowled softly, turning to Aly after a moment and giving her a soft, awkward smile.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

- Alyssum de Fonte - 10-15-2012

[html]
dayum aly u okay?

"Yeah, okay, we'll see how long that lasts," she said dismissively, waving a hand as if she was brushing off the statement, all the while a smile still playing on her features. She did wonder, momentarily, the thought of grandmotherhood, and did not find it as distasteful she she would originally thought it would taste. Maybe it was for the fact that it was Neela's children she could feel a close connection to them, and now their familial bonds had only strengthen the relationship she had felt for the litter.

She watched and listened acutely as the question was tossed into the air, and she noticed the change within the man, even if it was only a slight shift. It was a change, never the less. He gave a pretty broad response, the "I don't know", and nearly opened her jaw to say something perhaps homely and encouraging, but her mouth stayed shut as he spoke again. What he said made the woman's stomach flip. "Watch your tongue," she automatically snapped, though her voice was hushed and quiet instead of being outright upset. "That 'whore'—" The word was spat out of her mouth. "—you are talking about is the mother of your brother and sister.

"She is also my friend, and our pack's ally. I do not want to hear you speak badly of her again, am I clear?" Her words were curt and direct, nearly sounding like orders of alpha, and the underlying hostility that suddenly blossomed in her was clearly shown.

[/html]

- Tony Marino-Knight - 10-17-2012

[html]
text goes here

White teeth flashed in a bemused smile, 'Mhm' came his verbal agreement, shadowed with humour as he sniggered and relaxed against a wall. 'Least y' get t' be a betta Gramma than ma Ma...' he pointed out, this time there was a hint of irritation and sourness in his voice. He couldn't even bring himself to think of her. She'd caused so much strife in his younger days, what with the argument with Lorenzo and her overall 'not being here ness'. He supposed that was why he'd bowed his head to his father's mateship choice rather than argue it seriously. Naturally, he'd been cautious of the idea, understand Alyssum would be no replacement. But it was worth a shot.

Things changed, and Tony bristled. 'Whatever' he mumbled, 'She's a whore, and they're bastards. Not Knights'. His voice remained level, but there was power and edge behind his voice. 'Any real siblings I have will have to come from you if they want to be accepted'. Alyssum was mated to his father, and therefore truly family, despite sharing no blood. She was as close as a mother to him as his true mother was in regards to the way he processed things. 'I don't care if she's y' friend. Y' keepin' bad company' Tony continued, 'An' ah'll say want ah want. Demoted me, I don't care. Jus' a rank. Got everythin' special to me at home'.

<style>
</style>
[/html]