'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
under the city lights, i'm sinking - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: under the city lights, i'm sinking (/showthread.php?tid=3159)

Pages: 1 2

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-21-2008

[html]<style type="text/css">
.talithatemplate strong {font:9pt Georgia; font-weight:bold; line-height:0.8em; letter-spacing:-1px;}
</style>

The sun peaked over the horizon all the way out there, where the horizon seemed to be forever away across the ocean, and she stirred. She hadn't really slept, but her progress was slightly noticeable; she was able, now, to at least doze for about half an hour before jolting awake to those memories replaying in her mind. She shook her head roughly as she stood up and unsteadily moved to the very edge of the circle she'd drawn in the sand and collapsed at the edge. Hunger rocked her body but her soul didn't feel it. She looked up to the sky briefly, giving her silent regards to God for the morning's arrival. Despite all that had happened to her, Talitha would never deny that God's designs were going as He had planned them. A lesser being might have stopped believing there was a God protecting them at all, but she had faith that surpassed the sun. She would never give up on Him; bad things were a part of life.

It didn't make it any easier for her to accept, knowing those things. She yawned heavily, and very abruptly and without any warning vomitted onto the sand. There was almost nothing in her system to throw up but saliva and blood — blood that showed just how weak she was from her body's need for food — and that was exactly what it was. A healthy mixture of blood and saliva. Talitha could only stare at it dumbly, unable to comprehend what it could mean, and then feel her face involuntarily screw up as Andre pounded her again in her memory. As he shoved her roughly down and punched her with one hand while ripping up her pants with his other, trapping her with his heavy hips and hitting her harder if she tried to fight him.

And she collapsed next to the mixture of blood and saliva, crying out of fear and loneliness, out of worry and the dead will to live, and because of the fact that the contents of her stomach were nonexistant. She didn't want to eat, but she knew she had to. Presently she was almost too weak to get up and find something, but she did drag herself dutifully to her feet and set off in very slow search of some kind of food that was already dead that she could have, leaving her small mess behind for the sand to take care of.

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-22-2008

Long post is long, I got carried away lawl.
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Things had been extremely quiet, but she had known that her brother had returned. Anselm had come back as well and she had ventured off to check on her father and brother knowing that they were back. Without the prisoner and as she had tested the air, without new blood on them. There was something else that had been in that air that she didn't recognise and by the time she had come back that evening, it was too late to investigate it. She had withered away into what was something of a sleep, no doubt plagued with things that she didn't want to deal with right then and there.

_____And then she had woken before the sun had lifted from the bottom of the ocean, pacing through the territory to assure herself that all was really well around them. But that was also when she had heard the crying, something so soft and almost unnoticeable with the white noise that followed the tranquil morning. But it was a hard sound to miss. Creeping through the forest and out towards the shore, both sound and smell were her aides while her heart gave an anxious beat. Could it have been? She had been back a handful of days and already there was much to learn.

_____Even with the basics down, coming across Gabriel's daughter was enough to give her mixed thoughts. She was the spitting image of her father even if she was face down in the sand at the present moment; the medically-inclined side of her brain didn't miss the smell of blood and up-turned contents of her stomach either. As she slipped down the shore, she was picking out the symptoms. Stress, anxiety, even the inability to rest, she had been there before yet in different reasons. But that aside, she was a very beautiful thing, if not frail.

_____Reaching into the pouch that hung at her hip from a thin strap, Corona pulled a small vial of liquid and looked it over. She had originally intended to give it to Jasper, but she wouldn't see him until later in the day. More could be made later, provided she got the chance to offer it to her. Coming to crouch beside the crying girl, Corona didn't crowd her but stayed close enough to reach out and place a comforting hand on her back, letting an apologetic whine follow her actions as soothingly as possible. Gold ears pinned back, she wasn't really sure just how the girl would react to her. She didn't know her and even with the dimmest of maternal instincts aside, Corona wasn't even sure about how to go and introduce herself.

_____But she wanted to comfort her all the same.

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-22-2008

Big Grin It was extremely well written!
I woulda written more but I'm too tired and Mario Galaxy has my attention, heheh. So if it makes no sense... I've been hangin' with Nintendo stars and mushrooms and upside-down planets. 8D[html]<style type="text/css">
.talithatempakumu strong {color:white;}
</style>
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ttable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She knew only two emotions in that moment: Fear, for the contents of her stomach contained blood and she could feel the gnawing ache already, and dismay, because she knew there was nothing she could do to stop it. The longer she thought about fixing herself, the more impossible it seemed. How could she, someone broken, fix herself? A broken log couldn't repair itself any better than a broken stone or broken toy, so how could one expect a broken child to pick up her own pieces? She fell again, not so far from the small puddle of saliva and blood but a little further than she had been before, unable to compose herself for a second try. Someone had to find her, and someone had to save her. Someone had to help her pull herself together.

She didn't see Corona approach, with her eyes pressed against her knuckles and her forehead against the sandy ground. They were surrounded by little shrubs, but the true grasses were further from there. Talitha stuck close to the shore, generally, choosing it over anywhere else because she felt safer on the sand. She didn't hear the coyote either, but the hand placed on her back caused a large, distrustful shudder to work its way up her spine. She didn't have much strength to do anything else but feebly growl — if Andre had come back for another round, he would kill her doing it. The faint whine that slipped into her ears next, however, was very different from the guttural sounds that the other Lykoi had made before, and she looked up slowly with her wide, sick eyes.

Corona didn't look like anyone she knew. The coyote was golden, haloed by the sunlight, as if she wasn't even a coyote at all. Confusion laced a thin pattern across the gaunt face of Talitha, who was very obviously not well and had a dark tincture to her eyes that wasn't normal. They were no longer a bright, bloody crimson; they were the colour of dried blood sitting in the sun. Corona's eyes were a perfect opposite, shining blue and motherly, as if it was all the coyote could do to keep from saving everything in sight. Perhaps that wasn't the case, but she was in no position to wonder. A thin hand lifted feebly to touch the other's cheek as she visibly relaxed, and then Talitha fell into the woman.

She smelled like Gabriel, but only very slightly. It was something the young girl would definitely have to look in to if she lived long enough to pull out of her depression. Fresh tears rolled down her cheeks as she leaned heavily against the golden angel, knowing she didn't have long to live if she didn't get food in her system and reckoning that the angel was here to show her that. Either she was being given a last chance to save herself, or she was already gone. Momma, I need you, she whispered feebly into the light fur, speaking not to Corona but, indeed, to the image of Faolin in her head that she hoped she could conjure into existence. But she probably just sounded totally delusional.

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-22-2008

Thanks and yours was great too. XD;
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... a/ctop.png); background-color: #74693D; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Somewhere in the dimly lit recesses at the back of her mind she wondered where Gabriel was and why it wasn't him who was down there on the shore instead of her. Though with everything else that had gone on, she knew what had happened. She knew that Talitha had gone to the place she should not have and she knew what it had ended in. Though he may have been his father's son, Corona didn't think that he would have reacted badly to everything, he would have been more happy to have her than angry at what was already water under the bridge. Or at least, she believed that of him.

_____But Talitha didn't react badly to her and while it was a partial relief, seeing her in such pain indirectly drove needles into Corona. She generally had an indifference to pain, especially when it had come to others, but even that had changed with time. She knew the look in her eyes because once she had seen them in her own. So when the girl reached out for her, Corona didn't resist to pull her in and hold her tight; the vial she had been holding fell to the soft sand below. Sitting back with Talitha leaning against her, she placed her muzzle atop her head, ‘shh’-ing her ever so softly.

_____It was quite a natural thing to want one's mother, especially in such a trying time. But Corona didn't know where Faolin was and she didn't even know if she was coming back any time soon either. Gabriel had sent her away because of the war, so maybe it was only a matter of time. But she did wish that Faolin could have been there, knowing that she would have wanted to hold and comfort Talitha in the same way that Corona was trying to do. “It's okay,” she said quietly, stroking her hair. “You're safe now, you're home. Everything will be okay soon.”

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-23-2008

</style>
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ttable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

God had always been beside her, but she had never felt more alone and without His guidance than now. Her dad would know exactly what to make of it — maybe it was karma for running off against his orders to try to help the clan — but she was only training under him, and couldn't reach God yet. She couldn't ask Him what He had planned, and prayer was meant for the wolves who had already touched God. She wasn't close to that stage; the closest she had ever been to God was in the moment she reached out for Corona. Of course, her golden aunt wasn't really her mother, but she was definitely the closest thing that Talitha had. Even Rachias was only her half aunt, but if what she knew about the Lykois was correct, Corona was a full blood relative. Even then, she didn't even know this was Corona; as far as Talitha was concerned she was just an angel sent to save her or to take her away.'

He's gonna come back, she sobbed brokenly into Corona's light fur, he said he would. A-and he said he'd k-k-kill me next time. She hadn't told anyone, not even Gabriel, what Andrezej had said to her when he'd finished his dark deed. You escaped me once, puppy, he'd snarled right into her ear before chomping down on it; the scar remained. Next time, it'll be the fate you were supposed to have. I'll have you in my jaws and your last thought will be my laughter. You can tell your daddy that I'm striking where he can't hit back.

Gabriel could fight back, if Andre killed his daughter. But if Andre managed to cover his trail and get away, there wasn't much that any of Inferni, or anybody in all of 'Souls, could do. Talitha was frightened more by that thought than anything. She didn't want him to succeed in killing her, but less than that did she want him to get away with it.

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-23-2008

[html]

_____Things were no doubt incredibly turbulent in the world for her. Corona could imagine it, but she couldn't fathom the entirety of the things she was thinking or feeling. So the things that she said didn't carry the weight that she thinking them with and as Corona would later learn from Gabriel, there were greater things that had happened in the expansive of her absence that they couldn't even grasp. But she could feel the fear radiating from her niece and somewhere within her, she felt rage grow like an flame to dry brush. However well contained it was, in the back of her mind she wanted to see to it that whoever had laid a finger on Talitha would be sorry that they had.

_____“I won't let him hurt you. I won't let him lay a single finger on you again,” she spoke quietly, but firmly in response to her sobbing. “No one is going to hurt you while I'm here, I won't let that happen and neither will your father. Inferni won't let that happen to you.” If that meant keeping her in their sights every waking moment, then Corona knew she would do it. Faolin may not have been there, but she was and that would simply have to do. “Everything will be all right,” she said once again to reassure her.

_____And until something derailed that, everything was okay.

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-24-2008

</style>

She didn't want to say anything anymore. Having even sobbed that much out to Corona had drained her so much that she relied heavily on the Lykoi's ability to hold her up. Despite wanting to shed the Lykoi name because of the evil it was now associated with, she knew kind Lykois could exist. Here was a kind Lykoi, though an unknown Lykoi to her (she'd been told of Corona, but as far as she knew had never met her aunt), and Rachias and Arkham had both always been so nice before the fire. She couldn't remember a lot of that time, though. Her memory was fogged with the grey face and the mohawk of the man who had come for her. She almost wished Ezekiel was there; even her smelly brother was better than that face.

She didn't compose herself to respond, just weakly nodded her head into the chest of the other Luperci. What was she supposed to say to that? She could thank them, but she suddenly felt sick to her stomach again and, for fear of opening her mouth, opted against it. She didn't want to vomit a second time, and definitely not against Corona, so she allowed the feeling to go away and sacrificed her grateful words. She would have time when she wasn't ill to express her gratitude to both Corona and Inferni itself. For now, she simply held tight to the little comfort available and cried.

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-24-2008

[html]

_____Sometimes she wondered how her mother would have brought her up if she had stayed on the coast. How it would have affected her father to never have one child who cling to him so. Maybe things would have been better, maybe things would have been a lot worse. But that was one of those moments, wondering if something she had done in the past would have made everything turn out differently in the future. Butterfly effects were occasionally worth thinking about and thought it probably wasn't the place, Corona wished she could have come back sooner to prevent what had already happened.

_____But it was also in that stretch that she had taken that free hand to retrieve the vial on cue, picking up the tiny glass bottle and bringing it back into play and view. All of that crying and sobbing couldn't have been going over well—the added stress and relief of her presence had probably just set her into feeling horrible again, if she knew anything about how their bodies were. She held it out to Talitha loosely, letting it sit in the palm of her hand.

_____“Here. You don't have to take it if you don't want to, and I know it won't taste very good, but it might calm your stomach.” Then maybe after everything had calmed down and Talitha had relaxed enough, trying to make things right would be easier. Corona knew that she needed to eat something, she felt weak in her arms and even her appearance was sickly; her coat had lost its sheen and it had been very apparently how bad things were in her eyes. But that was what she was there for, it was one of the things that she knew to do without thinking about it.

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-24-2008

</style>

Talitha slowly pushed herself away just as Corona held the bottle to her, and she absorbed the soft words — warning and instruction both — that contained a small amount of error. Her warm eyes, dull with sickness, rested easily on the bottle and gently looked over each of its curves, its unusual contours, it being an object she had never seen before. The function of a bottle was painfully obvious, however, and the fact that she'd been told to take it implied enough. Confusion still littered the slope of her brow, and she looked to the golden angel for the answers she was unable to get from the bottle itself.

How much? Just in case she took too much. Anything to settle her stomach down and help her become alright with the help of this other coyote was most welcome with warm arms. But in case it made her sick, she would probably avoid taking way too high a dose for her age. Even with six to seven months, she was also scrawny, unstable, and unable to eat well, so of course, that would also factor in. Corona would know exactly what to do next; Talitha's trust had been placed gingerly at the feet of the Lykoi, and she hoped that the woman didn't take advantage of it.

But why would an Inferni member harm another Inferni member without just cause?

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-25-2008

[html]

_____“All of it. It's just a small dose,” she said with a faint smile. It was a small dose, but it was meant to buy time for someone who was much sicker than she was. “It'll take a few minutes for it to start doing anything, but you'll feel a lot better for a while.” But making Talitha feel safe was top priority at the moment, knowing that the days that had gone by had done little to make those who were much sicker any better or worse. She only hoped it was as slow acting as it had been.

_____“There isn't anything else that I should have a look at, is there? No cuts or scrapes bothering you?” Even at a first glance, the ones that were there were either obscured by fur or healing up okay but it didn't waver her concern any. Looks were deceiving and as it were, they were all very good at being deceiving creatures. Maybe once she started to feel better, Corona would try and get her to eat something. If not that, at least drink something. Anything that would give her enough energy to rest better.

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-26-2008

</style>

She nodded her head, a little bit frightened to take something that acted so quickly. She had never had to take medicine before, and couldn't say she was looking extraordinarily forward to having to now, but she did. She swallowed the liquid back, wondering if it had been designed specifically for her as the warmth took the place of gnawing hunger in her stomach, but knowing that couldn't be true. She felt better already with that in her stomach, and while the feeling of needing to hurl the nasty tasting liquid back up emerged, she managed to ignore it by simply concentrating not on the taste, but the feeling.

Thank you, she murmured quietly, before she fell silent once more. Even her eyes betrayed no thought, because she wasn't thinking. She was absorbing what Corona said, the question asked of her, but her mind was completely blank. And then her eyes flooded with a kind of dulled pain; did anything stand out? She couldn't pick out a particular place on her body that hurt more than any of the others, except maybe her once swollen eye, which had gone down but still was quite tender. After a moment's consideration, she couldn't come up with anything that needed immediate attention.

Just bruises... They aren't... Bad. Not really. In terms of "bad", if Talitha had been doubled over in pain or curled in on herself to defend from her own motion, they could be considered bad. But she could move freely with only a small gritting of her teeth in the case of her legs, which were the most sore and probably most bruised of anywhere, so it didn't warrant immediate attention. If it got worse, it would probably be more important.

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-26-2008

[html]

_____She stroked the back of the girl's head, finding it much easier to be comforting towards her. It didn't surprise Corona at all that she had snagged onto that role without question, though she had to admit it was more or less out of the blue. Something that she had never done for her younger siblings (but then again, she had disliked them for the longest time). But she was relieved that she wasn't hurt any worse than seeming to have taken a beating, which honestly made Corona a little sorry that they hadn't roughed their own prisoner up a little bit. They probably should have burned an emblem into her, something that would have forever marked her as what she was.

_____But it was all water under the bridge now. “I guess you're wondering who I am,” she said after giving her another once-over. “My name is Corona and I'm your father's sister. Which I guess makes me your aunt.” Again, she offered up a smile but this time it was much warmer and broader; a mixture of relief and happiness that was well bundled. She was so very thankful that they hadn't lost her and that she had come back in one piece, but she was even more thankful to get the opportunity to finally meet her.

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-26-2008

</style>

Oh. Talitha, of course, felt a little bit weird now that she knew that Corona was her aunt. Corona obviously knew who she was, which made it difficult to figure out exactly how she should respond. Normally, she would introduce herself as well, but if she was known already by name she would probably look pretty silly. Then again, Corona hadn't acknowledged her by name yet, so there was still the slightest possibility that she didn't know it. A slight amount of relaxation occurred along all of her muscles, and she breathed out slowly, not even realising she'd held it.

Hi, auntie Corona. She had been told about some of her relatives, and Corona had been one of them, but none of them had been described well to her. She looked at the cougar claw or tooth or whatever that was for a moment, considering it and wondering just how her aunt had come into possession of it, and then she drew up a little smile from the depths of herself, one that didn't touch her eyes like it usually would. I'm Talitha. Just in case. Maybe she'd look stupid anyway.

What now, though?

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-26-2008

I have this mental picture of these two playing with a jigsaw puzzle and no idea where it came from. *dies*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____She nodded when the girl mentioned her name, knowing both about her and her brother. Though she didn't know a whole lot about them, she knew that they were spitting images of Gabriel. Twins, she figured, very much like she had Molochai had once been. She missed that particular brother a lot, but it was the bond she had forged with Gabriel that meant so much more. He had been through even more than she had and still took her in despite how different they really were.

_____“Do you want to come back to the mansion with me for a while?” was her next question, still offered with a smile. It wasn't like she had something there to eat, but something to drink could have been arranged. Even a warm place to curl up for a while, to let the world go by without worry. It was the first safe place that came to Corona's mind, mostly because it was where she had been hiding out during the night. But she thought maybe there was something they could do there. Or maybe she'd just want Gabriel instead of wandering around with some creepy just-met aunt.

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-27-2008

xD That'd be a fun thread, lawl. Makes me wanna find that poetry thread that Mel and Kiri did once upon a time.[html]<style type="text/css">
</style>

Perhaps one of her most obvious types of problems would be her ability to trust very easily. After the incident it would probably go into hiding, but Talitha had always been like that. She made quick friends and often put her trust at other's feets, so much so that any seasoned backstabber would know her as the biggest bull's eye in history. She had been to the mansion only a few times before, and on one of those trips had found the clothes that had been all but destroyed by Andrezej. It was strange that Haku hadn't even noticed that. Perhaps he'd thought she'd gone nuts on herself.

That'd be cool, she admitted quietly, feeling much stronger than she had earlier. It, again, would be temporary — in company it seemed she was temporarily able to forget things that usually bothered her — but it was a relief nonetheless. Talking to Corona had blocked out most of the screaming in her head, and the mad cackles were so soft that they might even have been part of some soundtrack playing in the background. She did he best to ignore them, but her sunken eyes told the tale. She would do what her aunt said to do, and she would go where Corona led, for the time being.

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-28-2008

That would be fun to do sometime too. WE SHALL PLOT IT OUT FOR ONE DAY. Hope the minor powerplay is okay too. D: *is bad*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____Rising up to her feet, she extended a hand out for the girl and pulled her up gently, but didn't let go afterwards. Instead she let their fingers intertwine purely out of reassurance that she wasn't going to let her drift astray and get hurt. It was different, at least on Corona's end of things, to hold a hand that was still smaller than hers that belonged to a girl who would probably one day stand taller than she did. If it was one thing that she had gotten, it was definitely her father's height. Though Baneesh had been the runt of the litter, Corona had ended up being the one who was pint-sized in the end.

_____As she lead the way towards the forests that contained the mansion, she tried to think of something that they could at least talk about. Something that wasn't on the topic of what had happened, wasn't about the war, or the fire on the other side of the mountain. “So I hear that you have a brother,” she decided to go with, “Ezekiel, right? What's he like?”

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-29-2008

Big Grin No problem there.[html]<style type="text/css">
</style>

She stood easily, feeling far steadier on her feet, and immediately grabbed the extended hand. It was a gentle grabbing, the acceptance of comfort more than a need for it, and allowed herself to be led. In her other smaller hand was held the empty bottle, for she didn't wan to drop it and leave it behind. Corona could reuse it for whatever it had originally been made for, and that way Talitha would have, somehow, recycled rather than made useless. She would bring it with her to the mansion and maybe leave it somewhere where Corona would easily find it again, and then that would be her contribution to everything.

He's a boy, she said softly, threatening to giggle a little but frightened of any sound from herself more than words. He's a bit dumb, but he's big and fat and cuddly. She didn't really know how else to describe her brother. Even she didn't know him very well at all, and definitely not enough to make claims about him.

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 08-30-2008

[html]

_____“That's how I used to describe my brothers too,” Corona mentioned with a smile. At least at some point in their lives, they had all been that way. Nothing more than bundles of fur, flesh, and bone snuggled up against whatever parent was there. Time had seemed so slow then and now they were completely grown up and in some cases with children of their own. “I'm sure now that things have settled down your mother and brother will be coming home soon. It'll be nice to have them here again.” Especially when she hadn't seen Faolin in a long time, literally years.

_____In fact, when she thought about it, the last time she had seen a lot of her siblings had been one of the last time she had seen her mother in the flesh, that minuscule stretch of time where she had sought refuge in Inferni before taking off again. One of the few times when she had forged a bond with Gabriel that had carried through to the present day. “So what kind of things do you like to do for fun?” She kept their conversation moving, eager to snatch up any thing that would relentlessly keep their minds off of other things. But surely they would have something in common, as family usually did.

[/html]

- Talitha de le Poer - 08-31-2008

</style>

She nodded mutely, small and as if she was faced down by a monster. Faolin would come back sometime, but if she didn't, that would just be life. As much as Talitha wanted her mother to be there, it wasn't like she could make any demands. She couldn't speak to anybody who would get her family back quicker. She could scream inside her own head for her mother, but that dragged up other screams — wordless screams — and she didn't want to think about it, now that they were silenced. Whatever temporary relief she could get was good. Any amount of torment could go unheard; she was here now without it for one of the first times in a while. The only other one who had silenced the screams was Sirius.

I don't know, she admitted quietly. I wanna learn to cook and shoot bows and stuff like that, and this cool guy inspired me to learn to play an instrument... But I don't know where to get one. She also didn't know who could teach her cooking and archery. She didn't want to seek anybody out at the moment, though. It could wait until she had recovered enough to concentrate without feeling like she was going to cry. As for things she liked to do, well, she had once liked to roll around, and then she had liked to march, and she had liked to run, but all those things were ridiculous now. She didn't know what she liked anymore. Didn't one lose themselves gradually, forgetting their basics before anything else?

Well, if she was a lost cause, at least it was for a good reason.

[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 09-02-2008

[html]

_____The things that Talitha aspired to do were similar to what Corona had once wanted to do. In fact, she still did a few of the things that she had done growing up, like painting and reading. She had studied German to the point where she could get around in it without mangling it and she considered herself adept at horseback riding thanks to her father and cousin, but most of her focus had fallen into the work of healing. “Archery is fairly easy to pick up,” Corona remarked with a forming smile, “if we could find some bows, I could probably teach you how to do that.” Her father's knack for bows and crossbows had seeped down into her, though she hadn't put a whole lot of stock into that skill either.

_____At least, her aim had been no where near his, or what his used to be before he had gone blind in one eye. She imagined the lack of depth perception probably frustrated him, if he had even tried to do anything with his bow since. Corona even thought that she would ask him eventually, for that matter. As the mansion started to peek out through the trees, she pondered over the other things. “Instruments aren't that hard to find either… I haven't travelled far enough south but I know to the east of Esper Hollow is a city. I think there might be an old piano in the mansion in one of the rooms but I don't know whether or not it's in tune,” and even at that, she couldn't play it. She could sing and that was about it.

_____“Do you want to play it?”

[/html]