'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
swallow the story hook and sinker - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: swallow the story hook and sinker (/showthread.php?tid=3317)

- Corona Lykoi - 08-30-2008

*is clearly a slug, therefore leaves a slime trail across the forum*
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____From inside of the mansion, the rain beat down with a fury. It pounded against the windows in such a way that it sounded like rocks against a tin roof and yet from the way Corona was hunched over a particular book, she wasn't hearing a single thing; she'd gone and shut the world outside out firmly. Rainy days were spent best staying dry and keeping oneself busy, which in any case she didn't have any problem doing whatsoever. But even at that, Corona could only stand reading for so long before she grew tired of it, so by the time the afternoon had rolled around the rain abated to a steady, much quieter pace at which to fall, she was exploring the various rooms of the mansion.

_____Most of the rooms were in some sort of disarray and she had started to put one back together simply out of desire to have order. The coyotes didn't really come around the building that much unless it was to wander, but she had more or less taken up a home there as an almost throwback to a much more privledged time in France. But it had the things that she was dealing with the most, from tools and books related to her top-notch apothecary skill and the many surfaces and places to store ingredients and keep them safe (with locks and doors and all).

_____She up-righted a chair in the small bedroom and pushed the drawers back into the chest, letting a sigh fall past her lips as she went on to pick up the linens that had been pulled from the four-poster bed. Since Inferni had taken the mansion as part of their territory, Corona thought that the least she could do was make it look more than just half decent. There was a lot of use that they could get out of the building in her mind—it was more than large enough to be a very good meeting place—and maybe if didn't look like a total wreck, others would take a great interest in it as well.

[/html]

- Rizuka Namorn - 09-02-2008

[html]

*slips on the slime trail*

Rizuka had started to grow tired of the small cavern she had decided to temporarily call home. She was hoping to make a small hut for herself, even if she wasn't sure she might stay for some time she was sure it might come in handy for herself now, and perhaps others in the future. The problem with building something though was the need of supplies to do so. Not long into her wanderings rain started to come down hard, drenching Rizu in a matter of seconds. Not in the least surprised by the sudden down pour, but caught off guard by the quantity of rain Rizu sought to find shelter. It wasn't to long before the drenched luperci came across quite an interesting sight. A mansion seemed to be tucked away in the lands Inferni called home, and she was quick to take advantage of the shelter it would provide.

Slowly opening one of the side doors to the masion Rizu peered in with inquisitive hazel eyes, that held the tint of murky green water. She wasn't sure who might use this mansion as a home of their own so she was cautious as she tried to shake out some of the moisture from her frizzy dreadlocks and squeeze the water out of her wet clothes. Rizu certainly didn't spend time thinking about what her next action might be, and went right into exploring the masions many corridors and interesting little rooms. Not until Rizu slowly moved up the stairway did she hear the scrape of furniture across the mansions wooden floors. Ears perked forward and every muscle in her body tensed as she listened Rizu crept forward. She wasn't exactly hoping to sneak up on whoever might be moving things about, but she didn't feel like drawing any unpleasant attention if she was unwelcome here.

Inching down the hall toward the half parted door which seemed to lead to the source of the sounds she had heard while heading up the stairs Rizu leaned forward and peered in with her hand placed neatly against the hilt of her dagger which peeked just out of her shorts pocket. Leaning further in so she might actually see the occupant of the room Rizu stumbled forward, knocking the door wider open with the squeak of unoiled hinges, standing in the open facing a gold-haired and blue-eyed female with a wide eye stare. Rizu's breath seemed to be caught in her throat as she tried to form some kind of sentence, but in the end she just ended up staring dumbly into the room, taking a glance around as if trying to pick a topic from right out of the furniture of the small bedroom.
[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 09-02-2008

*is sure to be the most slime-y in walkways, ramps, and stairs* >:E I apologise for the rotten quality of this post. ;_;
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... ona/t8.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____The linens had almost been arranged and put back on the bed how they were supposed to go when the door had creaked open. Corona's attention was divided immediately; her head turned sharply and her eyes were exceedingly quick to meet the coyote's curious gaze. Like the gypsies in Esper Hollow, she was dressed lightly and from a quick assessment, armed. “There isn't any need to be so on edge,” Corona said, raising a brow. Unless of course, she was there to do harm, at which point the tension between them wasn't about to drop so easily.

_____But she doubted that the younger coyote was going to spring an all out assault on her, thinking maybe her appearance may have startled her. Though Corona had a distinct shape of a coyote, in the right light and angle, she could have just been a very petite wolf; in the same sense Gabriel could have been mistaken for a dog. “Who are you?” Finding out who this apprehensive stranger was became her next goal, sparing niceties and usual introductions for their awkward meeting.

[/html]

- Rizuka Namorn - 09-07-2008

[html]

S'fine.

The hot presence of a blush flushed across Rizuka's face as she realized how foolish she was being. It was just ever since leaving home she had become quite skittish. "Yes, well.. I wasn't sure if I was aloud here or not. I came in for shelter from the rain, and couldn't help but explore." Who couldn't be tempted by a seemingly abandoned mansion in the middle of nowhere? Rizu slowly relaxed, muscles unraveling as she took a better look at the room, noticing that the other Inferni female had been in fact tidying up. Rizu pushed her small knife further into the pocket, letting her hand then drop to her side as she offered a tiny smile. "My name is Rizuka, I am new to Inferni. Anselm accepted me only yesterday, and I thought I'd do some exploring." Rizu explained, moving further into the room so she would not block the doorway. She did not bother asking the other females name, knowing that if she wanted to give it she would. Instead Rizu inspected a small writing desk, running her hand along its edge as she moved by. "Do the leaders use this as their home?" She asked, curious, not bothering to assume if the other Inferni member wanted to socialize or not. It would certainly be made clear in time if she was being a bother.
[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 09-08-2008

[html]

_____Rizuka, as she introduced herself, seemed like an all right person at first glance. She seemed to straighten up quick and right, which most definitely drew the tension out of the air just as quickly as it had come. She was just as quick to explain things which may or may not have been a hint at her personality, but Corona took it in all of the same. Conversation was an easy break from the rainy day and if anything, Corona fell into it easy with those who were willing to talk. “I'd imagine if they wanted you to stay out of here, they would have told you so,” she offered with a forming smile, “but I'm Corona.”

_____She smoothed out the last of the covers and righted an end table, taking in her next question with a shake of her head. “Not that I know of, at least. Anselm is my cousin and our leader is my brother Gabriel. They both make use of the caverns near the centre of the territory as do a lot of others. I think I'm the only one who makes use of this place on a regular basis.” It wasn't so much that she rattled off her bit of family just to be saying it, but almost to imply that she had some sort of ground within the clan. It was habitual, both to use for superiority, but also as a guard.

_____Before that, her trump cards had been her mother and father and she had learned from an early age just how easily and double-sided that information was. Kept her out of trouble and put her in there at the same time. “You're the third coyote I've seen around that wears clothes, though, so if you're looking for a place to stay, there's plenty of room here and I don't see why you couldn't if you wanted to.” Provided of course, that was part of her exploration. Shelter was just one of many key essentials in their lives, anyway.

[/html]

- Rizuka Namorn - 09-10-2008

[html]

"I suppose your right," Rizu said with an impish smile, leaning against a wall casually. As Corona spoke it gave Rizu time to look the other female over more thoroughly, taking in her seemingly silky golden fur and hair, and strikingly blue eyes with stride. Rizu felt the tickle of envy wash over her, wishing she herself could sport such a flawless coat and reliably colored eyes. It wasn't until she caught a quick glance of a cougar claw, made necklace did she snap back to the present, just as Corona finished speaking.

Even while she had been caught up admiring the other Inferni female she had taken note that she was related to quite some important people in the pack and that certainly gave Corona quite a bit of standing within the clan. Finally looking down at her meager, travel worn clothes Rizuka grinned broadly. "Yeah, where I was from some of the pack was changed, not born like me," Rizuka said, obviously speaking of the fact that she was pure Luperci. "They liked to keep to their old ideals, keeping everyone covered up, otherwise they thought you indecent." Rizu didn't bother to mention the fact that it took some time for her parents to break her of the habit of running around their small little town of sorts naked well into her first year.

"I wouldn't mind taking one of the smaller rooms as my own," she continued, smiling at the memory of the small little hut she and her family occupied, but it soon faded as the scent of fire clogged up her nose and almost caused her to cough, her eyes brimming with moisture. Of course this was only an all to real memory and she quickly cleared her throat, smile even returning. Deciding to change the subject Rizu gestured towards the cougar claw necklace around Corona's throat. "Did you kill one yourself to get that?" She asked jokingly, her hand going up to play with the braid that framed her face.
[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 09-11-2008

[html]

_____It seemed like Rizuka had quite an interesting life before coming to Inferni. Now that she was there of course, there would be no doubt quite an interesting life after a prior home. They were the hated and feared, not very many extended their hands in friendship out to them and that was the way it had been for years and years. Aside from Esper Hollow, Corona doubted that they would ever be on overly steady terms with any of the other packs. However, the mention of her necklace prompted a smile to settle back on her face, at least for the moment. “No, I didn't. My father gave it to me, so I guess it's a bit of a family heirloom in that sense.” Aside from being half of the picture in the gift of life, it was one of the only things that he had ever given her that she had kept. Something that she would never remove.

_____“So what kind of skills have you brought with you? I work with medicine, mostly in the sense to heal others,” but in the right situation, she knew how to do harm with it as well. “I'm sure you've been filled in about how liked we are around these parts, though.” And if not, well, a history lesson would probably be in order. If not that, then maybe a bit of a tour of the mansion, she really didn't know. Corona had spent enough time travelling that she wasn't really sure how to regard someone who was new when it came to living in a pack; she may as well have been analysing Rizuka all over again as she had been at the borders.
[/html]

- Rizuka Namorn - 09-12-2008

[html]
Rizuka gazed at the necklace a little longer as Corona explained how she had gotten it. It was quite beautiful, and almost made her miss her bracelet, the thought of which caused her to roll the bead in her hair between her fingers. Rizuka was caught off guard as Corona then changed the subject, and took some time to think. She didn't have exactly one skill she perfected in, but a quite a few she had dabbled in throughout her lifetime. "Well I know how to work a forge.. make things out of stone and metal. My father used to teach me things when I was little, when he realized I wouldn't leave him be until he did." She smiled at the memory, glad that there were still some good ones in her past. "Other then that I can do some basic sewing, cooking.. I was never really good at much else. Well, until recently at least, when I learned how to live off the land on my own." She pushed herself slowly off the wall, something bright having caught her attention in one of the writing dress drawers that had been propped open. "Well Anselm, when he accepted me, said that the wolves here weren't the biggest fans of us. Also that you guys just got out of a war, and a place called.." she had to think of the name while she pulled a bright feathered quill out of the drawer with a smile, showing it to Corona before placing it gently onto the desk. "Esper Hollow had a few sick members."
[/html]

- Corona Lykoi - 09-16-2008

[html]

_____She nodded with the other woman's words, affirming and acknowledging the fact that she had been informed and there was wholly truth in those words. If anyone seemed to know what was going on aside from Gabriel, Anselm definitely did. He made a good leader in Corona's mind, even though she barely knew him outside of a one-time meeting. “Three are sick in Esper Hollow and the place we came out of the war with was Dahlia de Mai, to our southwest along the coast,” she added, not really caring if the specifics were necessary or not. Better safe than sorry anyway.

_____“My brother has asked us not to go near Dahlia de Mai as well. There's no telling what they'd do if any of us wandered nearby.” Maybe try and take one of them like they had taken Talitha. Or maybe they'd simply kill them on sight, she didn't really want to think about it. Anything was possible, seeing how they had let Andrezej in and out without care or notice and if anything, he was more of a coyote than the leaders of Inferni. “You might also want to let him know that you can work with metal and stone too, if you're interested in possibly making things while you're here.” Weapons would be beneficial to them, especially anyone who preferred to be shifted (or couldn't shift back, in her case).

[/html]