'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
coat-hanger halos - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: coat-hanger halos (/showthread.php?tid=4316)

Pages: 1 2

- Bane Kiles - 12-20-2008

[html]
OoC
--

IC

It was high noon and the winter birds chirped merrily as he passed, seeming not the least bit frightened, nor even aware the werewolf was there. It was the broken highway Bane followed, leaving footprints in the snow as he walked. It was the beach that was his destination. He loved the water -- reminded him of home. Less and less did he relate that word to that place, though. He wasn't the sentimental type, and time healed all things, and forgot all things, even if only by degrees.

Over his shoulder he carried the carcass of a deer. It was young, having not survived to see its first full winter. Its throat was torn, and blood stained its fur. Without weapons, Bane did his best hunting in his half-shifted form, but preferred to walk two-legged and clothed, and so that was what he did now. Eventually the water appeared through the trees, calm and bright under the sun, and he soon found himself on the beach, cold sand numbing his pawpads. There was a pack nearby, and he kept alert, though he wasn't particularily afraid. The (mostly halfling) Nova Scotia natives were of the friendly sort, it seemed.

The dark wolf found a nice spot on the beach and immediately got to work, building a fire with the efficiency of someone who had done it many times before. As it slowly grew, he deftly flicked open his butterfly knife and got to work on the animal. As he worked, he occasionally glanced up at the water, as if expecting something. A part of him was, the small part that wasn't at all logical -- sometimes the past was hard to escape.

[/html]

- Catherine - 12-20-2008

Noon. After another unsuccessful hunting, Catherine saw herself walking to a sandy ground. Astonished, she looked up stunned. "How the heck did I ended up her?!" - She thougt, surprised. Her last memory of this beach was of a dark, moonless night. The salt water smell filled her nose, the calming sound of the waves cuddled her ears, the sea wind blowed in her face and through her long hair, disarranging it a little.
But, for her surprise, the salt water smell hided another smell: the smell of smoke and of meat. Meat... her stomach nearly growled with that scent... She almost could taste it in her mouth. Taking a look around, she sees a light pall of smoke come yards away showed the location of the fire.
She could say that there was a Luperci over there: who else would do such a fire? A quick look at the ground: heavy paws walked in this beach not long ago... this Luperci might be very strong or very fat.
Getting crazy with the possibility of having a friend, she stared at the spot where the fire would be blankly. She howled a sharp and long howl, trying to call the anonymous Luperci's attention. She walked swiftly the same trail the Luperci did, howling again.
Hoping a civilized conversation, she got closer and closer, keeping howling to the mysterious werewolf.

- Lubomir Varg - 12-22-2008

[html]

He was afraid of shifting. He was scared of somehow getting everything wrong and remaining in a state between wolf and were, a monster. So Lubomir stuck to four paws, his skinny form leaving the safety of the pack and roaming once more. It was so amusing, how he would escape the confines of his position and go. He would always come back, always return to Mew and her den, to the warmth and love of his angel. But he had the wandering virus in his blood, and so he needed to walk some more.

The smell of food attracted him and soon enough, he could see the Luperci. A strong male, he had food. He had weapons, too, and Lubomir had long forgone the way of violence and deceit. He no longer thought of destruction and despair. The other half of him, the monster, now lay dormant, and only because Skoll's death had shown him how futile struggles were. His friend, in love with the Holocaust coyote, had died. And Lubomir's rage had died with it. In time he had learned to call it up, to bend it and use it to his will. Now, however, he would use calm.

Not saying a word, the grey male stopped in front of the other, waiting to be acknowledged.

[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 12-22-2008

[html]
OoC

IC

The deerskin he set aside, handing the meat carefully as he gutted it and prepared it for cooking. The entrails, the stomach, and other such undesirable parts were tossed aside towards the water, where the crows and seagulls could fight over it. Done with the knife, he stabbed it heavily into the driftwood he sat next to. A good chunk of the remaining meat he took and set up on a spit, leaning it over the fire. It hissed under the heat of the flame, and the smell made his stomach stir with expectation. Hunting was always an exhausting thing, and it took time and energy. It had taken less out of him that day, though. He had been lucky to find this doe, who ran slower with a limp affecting a hind leg. The meat would be good, and he was looking forward to it.

As he waited, Bane contemplated the trials life and love, and even as he did so, he felt something tugging at his mind from the inside and the outside. Breaking away from his thoughts, he glanced down the beach and watched as a grayscale wolf, four-legged, walked towards him. Neither spoke, and Bane smiled as the stranger stopped, simply looking. The smell of the food filled his head as he opened his mouth to speak. It mixed with the scent of the nearby pack, which this man must have belonged to. "Good afternoon." The stranger was a curious, silent creature, but Bane was a welcoming man. After all, it would have been rude to turn someone away.

[/html]

- Lubomir Varg - 12-27-2008

[html]

The smell was enough to get anyone hungry, let alone one like him, still in recovery. The welcome itself was kind and Lubomir could feel no outward malice. So he wagged his tail a bit and moved closer, while still keeping enough distance between them. While everything could go perfectly well, it might also go horribly wrong, which meant instant death to the male. Regardless, he would still show himself to be friendly and calm. Lubomir called out, Good afternoon to you! It seems you have been very successful in your hunt. Would you mind if I joined you?

He wasn't really expecting free food. In time, he had come to realise that some took pity on him, while others thought he should die, for being so weak. Far from the Old Country and the safety of his family, Lubomir had adapted pretty quickly. He'd had to, really. The journey had been long and cold and he'd nearly died. That he had been so sheltered from the evils of other packs, that his own sister had thought him too weak and instead preferred to feed his dreams, all of that had hurt him more than he cared to admit. Thankfully, being around Skoll had taught him quite a bit. And this male looked like he had been through a lot. I'm Lubomir, of Dahlia de Mai. And you? Regardless of what he had learned, he ultimately remained a dreamer, a fool who trusted easily.

[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 12-29-2008

[html]
OoC

IC

At the strange male's question, Bane waved his hand towards the opposite side of his fire. "Please do." A simple reply. In his head he pondered how many he had met this way here. The fire was a thing that would attract the cold and the hungry. It was instinct. On a different note, it was nice to be able to put a name to the scent that hovered in the air here, battling the saltwater for supremacy; Dahlia de Mai. There were quite a few packs in this area, all very distant. Life here was a vast change from what he was used to.

"Bane Kiles. It's a pleasure, Mr Varg. Are you hungry?" As he added the last question, he nodded towards the skinned deer. The insinuation was obvious: the food was welcome to the stranger. Bane came from a place where food was scarce, a problem when one was as large as the dark wolf was. As a result, the man was used to being hungry, and accustomed well to a lack of food. Friends -- allies, in his mind -- were more important than a full stomach, and he would leave as many good impressions as possible.

Besides, it was nice to see a fullblood wolf around once in a while.

[/html]

- Lubomir Varg - 01-02-2009

[html]

Lubomir, please. I do not go by such titles as you bestow on me. Unless you would have me call you sir. His tone was light, as was his spirit. Lubomir walked closer to the fire and sat down on his haunches, his tail curling around him. He could have shifted, of course, but again, the fear nagged at him. So instead, he chose to stare into the flames, trying to get his head straight, his thoughts to follow a logical order. He had finally settled with Mew and instead of being happy, he had thought of running off again, of breaking away from Dahlia. This Bane carried no scent and by the look of his kill, he was a loner. Perhaps he would understand Lubomir's plight. But first things first. It would be a lie to say I am not. But I think I will let you choose to share your kill. I have contributed nothing to it and I would feel quite bad to simply help myself.

Lubomir thought back to the Old Country. He thought back to his pack, what he could remember of it. You will pardon my saying this, but you carry no scent other than yours. I take it you do not belong to any one pack. Did he begrudge the black male his freedom? Did he feel bitter that once again he had managed to somehow join a pack as soon as the lands had become familiar? First Shadowed Sun, now Dahlia de Mai. He would have liked to roam, of course. This certainly was a limited option, the longer he stayed with Mew and her pack. I feel the tug of the chase, Bane. I feel the call of freedom. I have managed, somehow, to convince myself I should have stayed alone. Lubomir laughed, a broken, bitter sound. You yourself seem experienced. Are you new around here? Perhaps, like himself, Bane had left, then returned. Perhaps he could understand he burning desire in Lubomir's blood. And the moral dilemma he faced.

[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 01-03-2009

[html]
OoC

IC

Bane listened as the man intitially refused his title and his offer of food. The dark wolf kept his head facing the fire and the meat, but his eyes remained trained on the Dahlia de Mai wolf. Basic social courtesy stated it was rude to eat in front of a person. Bane wasn't starving. He was hungry enough to eat, but by his broad shoulders and wide chest anyone could tell he was healthy enough. The winter was being kind to him so far, but he knew the rough months would come in the New Year. He had survived it before, and he had survived it with less; he would live to see the end of next year, that much he knew.

"Let me propose a deal, then -- next time, we'll hunt together." The black wolf's insistence was obvious. He had spent much time living in a society that valued civility and courteousness, to the point a lack thereof was punishable by law. It was simply a question of whether this four-legged wolf wanted his meat raw or roasted. The fire was large enough to share.

As Lubomir continued, Bane lifted his head to even his gaze and look the other male head-on. He could see details quite clearly; the glasses, which had been necessary to skin the deer, made this a simple task. "I live alone," he confirmed, his curiosity piqued. With Lubomir's words, the doctor was reminded of his old home; his speech pattern was a familiar one, and Bane found this an intriguing thing. He smiled as the stranger finished.

"I am and I'm not. I was born in Nova Scotia, but left at such a young age that I don't remember having lived here. I take it you're not new here, otherwise you would have no real reason to remain." A chronic loner who joined packs for the hell of it then left a short time after wouldn't have agonized over his decisions like this Lubomir Varg seemed to. His regret -- perhaps his fear -- was obvious. "If you've convinced yourself of the wanderlust, Lubomir, what was it that originally convinced you to stay?"

[/html]

- Lubomir Varg - 01-15-2009

[html]

OOC: Damn, sorry for the long wait!

Lubomir liked Bane quite a lot. The male was calm and collected and very polite. The Bluet found himself relaxing more and more and when the suggestion for a hunt came, the male finally smiled warmly. That seemed like the best thing in the world. He had never partaken in many hunts before and indeed once Skoll had taken him, he could find it hard to be around other people. Well, wolves. Hunting had been so different in the Old Country and in Shadowed Sun, but a companionable type would be a change. Then consider it agreed. I would be honoured to share your kill today and hunt with you soon. Just come to Dahlia's borders and call for me.

Not new. No, he was not new. These lands he had seen countless times in his wanders. What a weirdo he was. A stranger. He had always been a loner, even in the middle of his family, but it was clear that here the loneliness had bitten harder and he had shielded himself more and more. It was, in a sense, the reason for his quiet attitude. He had been respected in Shadowed Sun, a valuable member of the pack, who had risen through the ranks quickly. He wasn't sure how the Dahlia scenario would really play out. I came here in the spring, from the Old Country. My old pack was killed in an attack from an unknown assailant. I am the sole survivor. My sister's litters are probably still in the Old Country, but they no longer belonged to the pack. Although he had told the story a few times now, it did not make the pain any easier. He wondered if it would ever be easy to speak about them.

But it was the added question that threw Lubomir. Why indeed. He had no relatives. No pups. No mate. So why had he eventually limped back here? Staring at the black male, the grey tried to be as honest as possible. Mew. A female in this pack I joined. I have known her a long time now and gradually came to consider her a friend. She is, in a way, someone who could understand me. But I have wronged her and I do not know now if she could ever forgive me. So I prefer to hide and dream of leaving. Like a coward.
[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 01-19-2009

[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... blebg3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom">
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM
OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

cakeHis offer for a hunt was accepted, and Bane nodded slightly at Lubomir's invitation to visit Dahlia de Mai again. He would do so next time he was hungry and in the area. Hunting with two was vastly easier, though Bane had adjusted quite well to the loner's lifestyle. It suited him well, and he bothered with no projections of the future; what happened would happen.

cakeThe grayscale wolf had an interesting story. An unfortunate one, but it had undoubtedly made the gray male what he was today. What he was told, Bane knew, was only the surface, but much the same could be said for his own story. There was much of it he wouldn't have shared with a relative stranger, even if that stranger were to ask. The dark wolf's mannerly attitude only stretched so far. He was willing to answer questions, but not to that extent. It was for that reason he didn't quiz Lubomir, though his curiosity -- as always -- gnawed at him like the instinct sometimes did. The Dahlia wolf's reply to Bane's question was what he found truly interesting.

cakeAs Lubomir finished speaking, Bane almost lazily turned the meat to cook the other side. The name Mew wasn't familiar. Few names around here were. There appeared a slight smile on his face when he spoke. "I was in love once." This was a fact, and he spoke it as such. There was no regret or whimsy in his voice at all. "A woman will change you." This was something he would have guessed either way. What else in the world could make a man want to change himself? "Have you asked the lady for forgiveness?"

[/html]

- Lubomir Varg - 01-30-2009

[html]

How had the conversation turned so easily from eating to love? Lubomir remembered having read somewhere that the true road to one's heart was through the stomach, though he doubted that Bane was out to seduce him. It would certainly hold a very nasty surprise, both to the male and the Dahlia member to find himself rejecting sexual advances. Not that it had ever happened. The grey male didn't know how he would react if such a thing were to occur. Polite refusal, perhaps, and then a careful retreat.

But how in the world had they gone from love to intercourse. Lubomir's mind had clearly sidetracked. Shaking his head, he listened to what Bane had to say. Change him? Well, they had changed him. All of them. His sister, through her death, had given him freedom and the ability to stand on his own four feet. Then Tayui, who had accepted him into the pack and given him purpose again. Ember, young, innocent Ember whom he had fallen in love with. Or had that been an infatuation? Regardless, he had cared deeply about her and it had hurt him to simply disappear from her life. Finally there was Mew, his angel. Mew, who had suffered at the hands of the coyotes, Mew, whom he had fallen so utterly in love with. Even with the miles between them he had thought about her and longed for her touch once more.

She was the one I called for when I came to Dahlia's borders. I suppose one could call that forgiveness. Lubomir smiled a bitter smile. Who was he kidding, really? I have not told her how I feel. I almost did, once, but I was afraid she would reject me and I would break the illusion. How foolish am I, Bane? She could be the best thing to ever happen to me.

[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 01-31-2009

[html]

cakeThe jump in their conversation had seemed obvious to Bane; the gray wolf had spoken of fear and cowardice, and then mentioned a woman. A woman could be an excuse for anything, and often for good reason. An excuse for remaining in a place when struck with the urge to leave. Bane knew this well enough. Leaning forward, he inspected the meat he was cooking, briefly enjoying the warmth that enveloped his arm as he turned it. It was ready.

cakeHe took a moment and sat back down as Lubomir explained; Bane smiled at him as he spoke, pondering internally what it would be like to experience such pointless agony. Many people brought things onto themselves that were easily avoidable, and this male was obviously no different. It wasn't a bad thing, simply a fact of life, and not easily changed. It had been a long time since Bane had truly wanted a woman, and it would likely be a long time again before that would change. "There's obviously nothing I can tell you that you don't already know, Lubomir. But I must ask, if you know these things, why are you wasting your time with me?" There was, after all, only one way to find these things out. Perhaps the lady was waiting for him. With that, Bane leaned forward again, taking the meat from the fire. He found his knife again and cut it in half, offering part to his companion.

[/html]

- Lubomir Varg - 02-01-2009

[html]

OOC: I had like half of this typed up, then I tried to preview it and it broke D:
How easy it would be if he could just go up to her and tell her how he felt. Lubomir knew that he didn't have the courage to do so. After all, why would he be speaking to Bane if he could so easily walk up to Mew and explain everything about how he felt? It seemed as though the philosopher Lubomir had studied about could simply have stopped asking themselves questions about gods, love, death and the meaning of existence and believed. Oh, yes, hope. A fragile and strange thing, like belief, only one could go through live without belief. For Lubomir, belief was far too important to just pass up.

"You speak of it as a waste, Bane. To me it isn't. I am not entirely sure she feels the same about me and if she doesn't..." Lubomir shook his head. How could he explain? Sure, he was a coward, but that much was obvious. Taking the meat offered, he bit into it, lavishing in the taste of cooked food. While he certainly enjoyed raw meat, still dripping with blood, he could easily enjoy a more human-like meal. Besides, Bane was offering it, so never look the gift horse in the mouth. Free food was free good and amazing as well. "Thank you. For the food and the company. I am not sure what I will do once I return to Dahlia. Talk to her, perhaps. What about you? Where do you go from here?"

[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 02-06-2009

[html]

cakeSorry for the wait! I've had a really busy week. :/

cakeThere were many paths a person could take; many trials of life and love that would turn a boy into a man, and all of these things were subject to the whims of the individual, or so most liked to believe. Bane believed -- no, he knew -- that all of them had a greater purpose, and each and every one of them would fulfill that purpose one day, as great and important as it might be, or as trivial and mundane. The dark wolf, looking at Lubomir through the eyes his mother had given him, knew that words were things that were easily ignored or misunderstood. He preferred to keep them locked away in his head than waste them. If the lady told him no? "Then you have lost nothing." His voice was calm as he studied his companion.

cakeAs he chewed, he listened, and nodded slightly at Lubomir's thanks. The man owed him a hunt, and Bane would remember it; he did, after all, forget very little. The question, however, was unexpected, and Bane blinked at the eloquent wolf, pausing a moment before replying. "It would take all the excitement out of life, Lubomir, if I knew where I was going," he said with a quick smile. "We'll all find our reasons in due time." The Dahlia wolf had perhaps already found his, but denied it. Bane was searching for a thing that might not exist in this reality. But if anything, the man had faith; Fate would choose their paths, and their destiny would lead them home. This he believed.

[/html]

- Lubomir Varg - 02-08-2009

[html]

OOC: Don't worry! Okay, two more threads to go. I feel like on a sugar high posting spree or something o_O

Lost nothing? Well, in theory there was nothing to lose. A rejection for mateship was hardly a reason to be thrown out of a pack. The relationship between them might be strained for a while, true, but he would simply move out of her den and avoid confrontation. The land was big enough for everyone, so why struggle so much? No, the true loss would be on the emotional side, where he would certainly lose a piece of his heart. Ember had been kind in her rejection, Mew would presumably be the same, but the pain would be there nonetheless. Lubomir knew he might not be amazing, but he did consider himself good enough. "Nothing gained if nothing lost, of course. The pain would be there, but then is life not an endless struggle against pain?"
He was unsure where the philosophy had started leaking into their discussion. Perhaps because this wolf was intelligent and clearly well-spoken. So much so that Lubomir could identify with him and exchange such dialogue. It was a pleasant way to pass the time, all things considered. "The question is, how much time do we have left?" Had Skoll not died, would they still exchange stories in the shadows of Halcyon Mountain? Would they hunt together and protect the borders? Presumably so. Skoll had not gone into battle with the knowledge of death upon him. If he had, would he have turned back? A coward's way? "How can a wolf say for sure if life has been worth living? Do we not all of us fear that we have not lived enough?"

[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 02-11-2009

[html]

cakeIf there was one thing that Bane had learned so far about the pack wolf who sat with him, it was that he was an emotional man. This wasn't unusual: most people were emotional, it was what fueled them, what made them get up in the morning, what made them want to sleep at night. Bane had always felt this was a personal thing that the rest of the world shared, and he was outside, looking in through a dirty window. When he had been younger, this had bothered him, but now he had accepted it, and appreciated it for what it was: an advantage over everyone else. Even when he had been in love, there had never been a time when he wouldn't have done what needed to be done, even if it meant walking away with her blood on his hands. "It strengthens you," he replied, thinking of this. The strong would survive -- such was the way of life. To Bane, life was less of an endless struggle, and more of a comedy written to amuse those few who understood the subtlety of it all.
cakeLubomir's philosophical meanderings were thought-provoking enough; as Bane ate, chewing the meat slowly, he listened. He found he wasn't quite as hungry as he had been before; thought, to him, was something of a type of nourishment, and while it wouldn't keep him alive, it kept him busy. He waited in patience until the wolf finished speaking, and then paused for a moment as if to gather his thoughts. "Perhaps some do. These are things that have plagued wolves since we were given sentient thought." And Bane had listened to others dissect their theories. Never had he believed any of it. "I believe in Fate. I believe that when we are born, our lives are already laid out. It's not a question of how much time we have or whether we've lived enough; we have whatever time was allotted to us, and when we die, whatever hours or years we've had, whatever we've done with our time, it was what we were meant to do. It was our Destiny, our path, and every moment of every day, we fulfill a greater purpose." His voice was steady and calm in his musings, belying no emotion at all. If Bane lacked compassion, there was one thing he had always had: faith. "So you will see why I personally don't dwell on these things. It is foretold." And on his deathbed, he would regret nothing.

[/html]

- Lubomir Varg - 02-16-2009

[html]

OOC: Sorry for the delay, work ate me up and chewed me out D:

It had been a long time since Lubomir had been able to talk to someone about life and death so freely. He had obviously missed the wolf he'd met a long time ago, in that abandoned bookshop. For all he cherished Skoll, their friendship had been about learning more than debating. To find Bane and be able to share not only a meal but also a startling amount of information was something Lubomir had not thought possible ever again. He listened to the other and tried to think of his response while he chewed. His hunger was slowly ebbing away, while his thirst for knowledge grew steadily stronger. It is not only that, though. If we talked merely survival of the fittest, half the wolves in these lands would be dead. The truth, sad as it was, pained Lubomir. But he knew. The wolves had grown idle, preferring to keep the habits of man, from clothing to drink to dwelling. So few still understood the things that made them what they were: sentient wolves.

The thought of destiny had ever occurred to Lubomir. He had read about it, certainly, but above and beyond that there was nothing. He could understand the need to feel that everything happened for a reason, but was that not a refuse for fools? Surely a wolf of your mental capacity would prefer a scientific approach to life! Why would you accept something as fickle as destiny? It feels so... anticlimactic, I suppose. To many destiny is a way out. A simple one at that. It means you can explain all the pain and mistakes in your life by saying it was meant to be. It shuffles the responsibility from your shoulders unto those of a higher being, whatever it may be. It seemed so strange. Lubomir himself believed in accountability. Everyone was responsible for their own choices and mistakes. No sins of the father, nothing like that. Everyone could do as they pleased, so long as they could be held responsible for the consequences. He was, perhaps, a bit of a radical. You might not regret anything at the end, but why would you not rather accept that you can err and learn from such mistakes? Lubomir liked this sort of discussion. He could understand a lot from such high ideas and grow closer to the one beside him, in camaraderie and mutual intellectual pursuit.

[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 02-19-2009

[html]

cake It's all good, I've been slow lately too :X

cakeThis wasn't a new thing to Bane; during wartime, he had spent many a night before the fire in between skirmishes, discussing theories and philosophies while awaiting the echo of the war drums to reach them from the hills. He had heard the things Lubomir was telling him many times before, again and again thrown at him by those who denied the Truth. This didn't mean they wouldn't be saved: it was perhaps their path to disbelieve. "They survive out of luck." And for the most part, he believed that; sometimes the weak slipped through the cracks. It was the way it was meant to be.

cakeThe meat was almost gone now, and he put aside the bone he had been picking the flesh off of. From within the hiking bag he carried he found a small piece of material which he used to wipe his fingers off on, all the while listening to his companion. He took the grayish wolf's words in stride; many had accused him of worse things before for not throwing his full support behind free will.

cake"You don't believe in a higher being?" Bane mused quietly, watching Lubomir with his sharp blue eyes, one of the few things in the world left of Phasma. "Destiny isn't fickle at all. Destiny is invariable, reliable, unwavering. What makes you think that we cannot learn? There is much more beyond this life, so much we have yet to discover. What we experience now is brief and insignificant. An apprentice to a scholar will consent to be told how and why, because their masters' knowledge is superior to their own. Life is that way as well; we are apprentices, we are students. We live these lives to learn, and once our destinies are fulfilled, once our existence has outlived its purpose, we return to our Maker knowing what He meant for us to learn while on this earth." His tone was strong enough to reveal that Bane believed fully in what he said. Once upon a time, young and angry, he hadn't, but those days were long behind him. It made sense to him that few followed the same path he did. Most wouldn't have been able to accept what he had accepted, and still live a normal life. Bane had always known that something more was meant for him.

[/html]

- Lubomir Varg - 02-21-2009

[html]

Luck? That invalidated Skoll's death entirely. Lubomir did not realise it himself, but he had elevated his friend to the rang of some deity. He could not believe that mere luck had led to Skoll's demise. In his head, the grey male had turned the fight into a battle of the wills, like gods clashing across a barren wasteland. As hypocritical as it sounded, his own survival had been luck. He never should have survived the Great Frozen Plains, because he was not worth it. Why he had been left alive was a mystery best not solved. He wondered, once again, exactly what Bane had gone through. He tossed the clean bone aside, slowly licking his fingers clean.

I dare say that it depends on how you define this higher being. If it is impartial, then perhaps I should believe in it. But if it not, then I cannot do anything but abhor it. The humans had their own system of belief and they defined gods according to their morals. Some gods were fair, others were bloodthirsty monsters. Lubomir shook his head. I watched my friend die. I watched my family die, in the Old Country. They all died for no reason. I lost a sister I loved, and every day I miss her. Was her death predestined? Was she meant to die like that? If what you are saying is true, then I should have learned something from it. I do not think I have. It turned me away from my home and I was left alone in this world. What kind of teacher would do that? Lubomir had had to learn how to fend for himself, how to hunt on his own, choose a safe den, trust and be trusted, and Frigg had never been there to help him, to guide him along the way. If destiny is meant to be a teacher, then it is a poor one indeed. Tell me, Bane, what do you think created us? A human god, like the ones the humans themselves believed in? A wolf god, like Fenrir of the Norse peoples? Lubomir didn't think there was any straight answer there. A number of different things could have happened. But he felt, nonetheless, inclined to ask, because it was a question of understanding. Understanding what Bane believed in and what he himself was ready to accept from life.

[/html]

- Bane Kiles - 03-04-2009

[html]

cakeBane listened with patience, calm and quiet as he normally was. This fellow seemed even-tempered and open-minded enough to at least attempt to understand someone else’s beliefs, which was something the dark wolf could respect. It was a tad hypocritical of him; in some ways he was as closed-minded as the religious zealots who had taken from him his freedom and given him his soul. Lubomir was a wolf, therefore automatically worth listening to, at least to some extent. Bane got the impression that while the Dahlia wolf didn’t quite believe what he was hearing from his companion, he didn’t quite strongly believe anything himself, no thoughts that were solid or set in stone. This wasn’t uncommon.

cake"There is a reason for everything, Mr Varg; your family’s lessons were learned and so they were taken. Yours were still to be taught. To assume you haven’t learned anything is underestimating yourself. Tough love, it’s made you who you are; it’s made all of us who we are.” This he was certain of. Bane wasn’t the type to waver. On anything. "These are things that sentient minds apply to the unknown to attempt to understand. God is neither human nor wolf. Neither are we, for that matter, beyond this life we are meant to live.” He was smiling now, curiously. "What do you believe happens to the dead?”

[/html]