'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
We were never soldiers - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: We were never soldiers (/showthread.php?tid=5617)

Pages: 1 2

- Conor Soul - 04-07-2009

[html]
Private.

To be honest this day could easily be considered a nice one, but not for the little child. He knew he was in Dahlia and he knew that he was close to his father’s cabin, and that he was home and safe with a full belly. Nevertheless, the mental torture from the weeks living alone in the wilderness had left deep traces in the mixed child. Conor had only intended to pad a yard or so from the house, but he was a child, and even though much of him had already been ruined by his early solitude, curiosity still pulsed and lived inside the little boy. He had lost the sight of the cabin, and had not noticed this before it was too late. The intense and darling baby blue eyes ran across the scenery, desperate to find something he could recognize. It simply would not do.

The multi-coloured child ran in a random direction, unable to use his brain and simply follow his own scent back to the cabin. No, Panic had been lurking nearby and grabbed hold of him. Alexey had just found him and returned him to home. Not the pretend home where their mother had placed them, but the real one where daddy also lived, although he was almost only angry and the negative emotion made the newly rescued child more than a bit nervous. Now he would have given anything to get daddy back, no matter how mean he was, but there was no such thing as magic and unicorns. This was something the child had realized with great sorrow. Conor Soul had already been through far more than the average child on his age had, and this was bound to give him some lasting mental issues.

He stopped when his father’s scent hit him in the face. It was only a few days old, and the child rubbed his neck against the spot where the Lilium of Dahlia de Mai had marked the border. There was no father, only the scent that warned about the pack borders. Conor did not understand what it was; he just knew that he had managed to get himself lost. Again. How could he have done such a thing? His little heart pounced worriedly against his little, almost white chest. Oh, this was too horrible to be true. Tears had started to run down his face when panic first had entered his system, but it was not before now that a wail of a desperate child sounded in the dry spring air. He could not be all alone by himself, not again! The badger would get him, and he would never see Emwe again!

[/html]

- Vukasin Sandalius - 04-07-2009

[html]

He really had wandered farther than he'd meant to. First, he'd been exploring Halifax, or what was left of it. Then, he'd found himself surrounded by trees, and, rather than turn back, he kept going! Now, he was some forty miles away form his new home, at the border of the Dahlia de Mai pack! "Really, Vukasin, you need to watch youself. You have too much of a habit of getting yourself lost..." Fortunately, for once, he was being sarcastic, and he was not really lost. He slapped himself on the forehead for the eigth time that hour, for having let his mind wander. No control, Vuk, none what so ever. You'd lose your head if it weren't attached to you shoulders... As usual, his inner monologue wouldn't let up, either.

He was just about to begin berating himself again when he heard a noise that no one should ever hear. A pup in distress. The noise was like a blade in his heart. Without a second thought, he set out along the border in the direction of the cry. He didn't have far to run.

[/html]

[html]
I assume your characeter is shifted?

The child shivered and then went completely still. At a point when he had inhaled to let out another cry in misery, he had heard noises. An approaching creature! Dark ears flattened and his little tail hid beneath his belly. Badger, badger, badger, badger. Too soon the creature appeared, but it was no badger. Instead it was a werewolf that the child had never seen nor met before. The Soul boy took a few steps backwards, inhaling abruptly air into his lungs, creating a hissing sound. What did Alexey always say? Do not talk to strangers! That was what she said. Another thing worth mentioning could be that this did not make the child less scared. Although Conor was back in Dahlia now, it did not mean that he automatically felt safe in the lands, even though other puppies on his age did not share that desperate view. Conor had been given a proper fright, and it would haunt him for a long time.

Nevertheless, this was still Dahlia, and therefore this was perhaps a member? Conor had not met any other wolves when he had been lost, so therefore the wolves only lived in packs and groups, and this was the little child’s pack, so this was a friend. The two months old boy wanted to believe this, but he had issues calming his own senses, and so the male could see a completely round little ball of fur. Yes, a fur ball de luxe, the cub’s pelt stood out because of the insane distress, and the baby blue eyes were completely round. I little unconscious sneer was placed on the child’s face. Alexey, mommy, daddy, Emwe, white-and-black-man, anyone! The child did not run though. It was hard to do such a thing while being temporarily paralyzed.

[/html]

[html]

((Yeah, sorry. ^_^;Wink)

He stopped short as he found the kid. He'd been about to speak when the child started to back away, hissing. Oh, cute... He watched as the pup went from hissing to looking like a deer in headlights (Vuk still barely understood that figure of speech, though he'd seen cars before), to curling up in a small ball of trembling fur. "Uh... Are... Are you okay kid? I.. Uh... I don't bite of anyhting..." His voice trailed off as he realized eh must be scaring the kid. He crouched down about five feet away and held out a hand, empty, palm up.

"What's the matter, Little One? Why were you crying?" he asked in a gentle voice. Where were this kid's parents? No kid should be allowed to wander around alone and scared...

[/html]

[html]
---

It was not the man itself that scared the child shitless. Conor had not been safe back in the pack lands for very long, and he had just committed the same crime that had almost killed him and scared half his wits out. The black werewolf was not a badger, so the child was not out of his mind with fear. To be honest, the bi-coloured eyes were interesting, and the boy stared at them, both fear and curiosity burning in his eyes. When the man came closer to the child, the multi-coloured boy stepped backwards, but the movement of the other was smooth and calming, so the little Papaver sat down on his haunches, staring rather boldly up at the eyes of the adult. Red and yellow, he knew those colours.

The big man said he did not bite, and the little boy swallowed uneasily, although there was a bit relief in the words the stranger spoke. It was good that he would not eat Conor Soul. Conor was a cute bundle of fur. He had been made this way to look adorable, to make it harder for parents to abandon him even if times were hard and there was no food. This was of course not the issue here, but he trusted somewhat in his instincts. The big man was an adult, and the child had yet to meet a dangerous wolf that meant him harm. Therefore, there was still some trust there, although too much had been taken from him when he had been all alone.

His voice was gentle and he cared about Conor! The puppy wanted to be held. Alexey always held him and hugged him when he was upset. When she had finally found her in Halifax, she had held him half the day. It had been the happiest hours of the small boy’s life. ”I cry because I is lost from house and is scared of alone.” Now he was not all that lonely? Good.

[/html]

[html]

He blinked as he took a moment to decpiher the pup-talk. Mixed up articles confused him, but, what had he expected. At least this kid used articles. The was one up on Vuk when he'd been a pup. He sat up a little straighter, crossing his legs, and folded his hands in his lap, twiddling his thumbs idly. "Lost, huh? That can be scary. I used to get lost all the time. Still do, ocassionally. Heck, I'm still getting to know my new home... And... He'd gotten off topic. He was so scatter-brained. "Anyways, I'm Vukasin, but you can call me Vuk, if you'd like. Want me to help you find your parents, kid?"

Wasn't what he'd been planning on doing with his day, but, how coudld he do anything else? Besides, he'd not really had anything on his mind, anyway. He returned his flighty attention span to the kid, awaiting an answer.

[/html]

- Conor Soul - 04-08-2009

[html]
---

The man did not look particularly dangerous when he sat with folded hands in his dark lap. The young boy’s eyes never strayed from the man, though, determined to make sure he did not miss out anything that could prove that this wolf was a friend of the nasty badger that had scared the child so. Conor nodded when the man said that it could be scary to be lost. Yes, Conor knew this very well. It was not only scary, it was super scary, horrible. Poor black man, it couldn’t have been easy to get lost all the time. It was nice to know that Conor was not the only one. The problem was that the world seemed to be too big. Heck, the man said. ”Heck!” the boy said back, not sure if he understand what it meant.

However, Conor was not sure if he wanted to find his parents at the moment. He had been told that his mommy was mean, and that was why she did not love him any longer and did not want to live with him and Emwe. Daddy was only scary and mean, especially lately. Alexey meant that he was sick, but daddy did not want help from anyone. When Conor had finally come back home, his daddy had did not care at all, it seemed. Vuk, Vuk, Vuk. Conor let his eyes fall to the cold forest floor between them. ”Daddy is angry and scary, and mommy is not want me..” It was sad, but they had never lived a harmonic family life. ”HECK!” The child cried out at Vuk, some remaining tears still residing in the corner of his eyes.

[/html]

- Vukasin Sandalius - 04-08-2009

[html]

And now the cause for the kid's wariness and fear was apparent.

He sat quietly for a moment. Poor kid. His mother didn't want him and his father was abusive, or indifferent at the least? What did one say to such a young kid with those kinds of problems? "Hey, now... Don't cry, kid. It's okay. Even if your father's angry now, he won't be forever..." He hoped. He never was very good with kids. Hell, he was barely an adult, himself. What did one do in these situations? Ordinarily, he'd have gone and gotten someone else...

"Do you know why he's angry? Is he angry at you, or just angry? I mean, it's not like it's your fault that he's angry. How could it be? You're just a kid," he reasoned, hoping that he wasn't just going to make it worse. He didn't want to mess the kid up more...

[/html]

- Conor Soul - 04-09-2009

[html]
---

The child snivelled pathetically, looking up on the larger wolf that had sat down in front of him, seemingly interested in how he was. At least Conor’s body did not ache any longer, and Alexey said that she was happy he was back, and Emwe openly showed that too. Next time he walked away he would ask Emwe to come with him. The copper and gold child was quite fond of exploring, which is why he had gotten lost and ended up in the Halifax area and almost died earlier. Now he was scared it would happen all over again, but seemingly that did not stop him. The adult spoke up and told him not to cry, and the incest child did his best to stop the tears that had started to run again. It seemed that the salty tears was quick to come.

The child wanted to believe the adult, but even Conor was old enough by now to start to grasp what kind of man his father was. His mother was not present any longer, and daddy said that she did no longer love them. This was a broken family, more than anything. The child slowly shook his head at the words. Haku Soul was always angry, even when he did not have anything to be angry about. This was not truth though, but the child took the silence and cold that radiated from his sire as anger. ”He is only angry, always only!” Truth be told, he was scared of the chocolate and brown man that had taken over the fulltime custody. He wished Alexey had been his father, and that mommy had liked him again.

”He does not likes Conor, not is likes anything!” The boy flattened his ears, both amazed and scared because of what he had dared to say out loud. What if his father had heard? Conor clutched his tiny teeth together, openly uncomfortable.

[/html]

- Vukasin Sandalius - 04-15-2009

[html]

((Sorry it took so long. My dad finally got my computer fixed, and I'm positively overjoyed because of it. ^_^))

He tried to think of some appropriate responce to that, but he failed. "I wish I could tell you that I know what you mean, kid, but I can't. I don;t know what to tell you, other than maybe to find a new dad," he joked, trying to cheer the child up, but Conor was probably too young to understand much in the way of sarcastic humor.

He thought for another moment. "Have you tried talking to him, Conor? Telling him how you feel, that you're scared and that you need some one t give you the support you need? Maybe if you tried, it would help..." He was hoping that these were good suggestions, but again, his childhood had been relatively charmed, other than losing his brother Sora. The worst that had ever gone on between him and his father was a week-long silent fight over respect, and at that time lack, his lack thereof.

[/html]

- Conor Soul - 04-16-2009

[html]
I was on absentee list anyway, no worries.

The corners of the child’s mouth crept downwards as the big and black man with the weird eyes talked to him. Find a new dad? The Soul boy tilted his head slightly to the side, pondering if there was such a possibility. He liked his dad, it was just that he never talked or played with them. Last time he had tried to come and say hi to the parent, he had scared him so badly that the poor puppy’s bladder had let go right there and then. Yes, maybe he needed a kinder daddy. Oh, and a mommy as well! Why did not mommy and daddy live together? Conor could vaguely remember all of them living together in the house, but mommy was gone, and Conor did not know where he was. It was very sad, but at least he had Lexey. She never turned him away when he wanted love and warmth.

Talking? Dad wanted to bite his head of when he tried to talk. No, he was too scary for talking. The boy looked up at the stranger, not sure if he could make the big man understand. Maybe he should take him to daddy and show exactly what kind of daddy this was. Yes, a good idea. Maybe the cocoa father would be nicer with a visitor around. ”Want to see Daddy?”

[/html]

- Vukasin Sandalius - 04-16-2009

[html]

Vukasin considered a moment, feeling a pang of apprehension at the idea of meeting the father that this child described. He wasn't fond of cold, aloof people, and he had a habit of accidentally upsetting people sometimes... Shaking his head, he sighed. Why not? The worst that can happen is that I could have my head bitten off.

Moving to stand up, he felt the slight protest of the muscle he'd pulled a few days back when exploring Halifax. His black fur shone darkly in the forest shadows as he moved, and the slight shimmer hid the movement of his throat as he swallowed tentatively. On another pack's land, with only the permission of a pup, and going to visit the pup's father. What could possibly go wrong?

"Alright, kid. If you think it's a good idea..."

[/html]

- Conor Soul - 04-16-2009

[html]
---

The man seemed to consider Conor’s offer. First he shook his head, and Conor assumed it was a no. It was understandable though, because Conor’s father was very scary and un-nice. At least this was Conor’s opinion. However, it would have felt a bit safer to have someone else with him. The child was almost never scared when Alexey, the caretaker was around, so he shouldn’t be scared with another man either. The child did not really understand that the black man was not a part of the pack. He was here where everything smelled of home, and therefore he had to have a home here as well, because only home smelled like home. It all made sense in the little head of his. Maybe his daddy and the other man even were friends already! Everyone knew each other when they were grown up.

He watched the adult stand up, and he let his tail wag a bit. The man started to walk, and Conor realized that he was actually supposed to lead way to home. Okay! The man said yes. A somewhat rare smile appeared on the little boy’s face. He wanted to meet daddy! Maybe the nice man could teach his father how to be a good daddy so that Conor would not have to be scared anymore. ”Yes!” The Soul offspring hurried back to the cabin (strange how he all of a sudden found his way back home, he that had been lost and all!) He jumped up the stairs and went into the open entrance. This would be so fun!

He jumped clumsily up the stairs to the closed door that led to his father’s bedroom. He had been inside there forever, it seemed. He scratched the door carefully. ”Inside lives my daddy and is only inside here. Daddy? Daddy?”

[/html]

- Vukasin Sandalius - 04-16-2009

[html]

Okay, now he was very, very nervous. He so should not have been there. He was in the house of a wolf from another pack, who knows how deep into that pack's territory, with some kid he'd found wandering aroun lost. And then the kid magically found his way home in what Vukasin would call record time. Oh, he was getting into some deep shit.

He should have just kept on walking when he'd heard the kid. It wasn't any of his concern, after all. Damn his sensitivity! And now he was in some other man's house, interrupting some other man's life, because hsi kid said that he was mean. That he scared him. That he didn't love him.

"Oiy... What am I doing? What am I doing?What am I doing?" he kept chanting to himself just under his breath.

He just knew that something bad was going to happen.

[/html]

- Conor Soul - 04-17-2009

[html]
---

Conor waited for response, but there wasn’t any. He turned to look at the black man. He was sure that he was here though, because daddy never left this room nowadays. How did he live without food! Where did he go poop? It could not be in there, because Conor was not allowed to go to the toilet inside the house. He always had to go outside. Maybe daddy went out in the middle of the night when Conor and Emwe had gone to bed and were sleeping. He heard the man mumble something, but he couldn’t hear what it was. Maybe he was thinking about what to say when daddy came out, so that daddy would become a better person. Conor believed this was the case.

The child turned to the door and scratched it for a little while before he gave up and started to yell as loud as he could. ”DAD DAD DAD DAD DAD!” He inhaled and clawed at the door. ”I are has visitor and he will teach you to be good his name is Vook!” Then, he heard a sound.

[/html]

- Haku Soul - 04-17-2009

[html]
---

The goddamn child was at his door again. Fuck sake, he KNEW that Haku did not want to be disturbed. The ill sub-leader of Dahlia de Mai gritted his teeth and forced his head into the mattress, determined that he would keep some self control and not snap out after the child’s head again. The child had already soiled itself once, and it was only a matter of time before Alexey was to discover exactly how crap the father was. A dull scratching sound was heard, but the man flattened his ears and ignored it. Soon after the child started to wail louder than ever, calling him dad. How he loathed that name. Haku was Haku, not dad, and the children should already have learned that he was a dangerous creature to annoy. He kept on ignoring the child until he heard those words. Visitor? What the hell, there was a stranger inside his house? AGAIN?

The chocolate coated man got up and padded unsteadily to the door, pressing his snout against the key hole to inhale the scents of the creature’s outside. Together with old urine from days before, Haku found Conor and an unknown scent. That was enough. He took a few steps back from the door, looking at it. He had been in his optime form when he had locked the door, and the key was on the floor somewhere. Right now he was in his usual secui form, and he could not be bothered (nor did he really have the required energy) to shift at the moment. He let out a snarl before he rammed into the door, using every muscle. The door screamed and the sound of the collision between hard packed flesh and wood was as loud as a gunshot. A few pieces of the door cracked, but it had not been enough to blow the door open.

”CONOR!” The male roared as he readied himself to run into the door a second time, this time certain their luck would break together with the lock and the door would fly open.

[/html]

- Vukasin Sandalius - 04-17-2009

[html]

Startled by the next turn of events, Vukasin grabbed the kid by his scruff and pulled him back, just in case his father was as crazy as he sounded. He watched the door crack and splinter after the first strike. Not enough time to shift. Damn. He was a better fighter in his Secui form... "Motherfucker! how do I always end up in these situations?" he demanded to himself as he stepped back, pushing Conor back further, and readied himself for whatever lay on the other side of the door.

He thought again that he should have just ignored the kid and kept walking, but he shook his head savagely at the thought, chiding himself silently. Like you have it in you to do a thing like that. He grinned at his own bleeding heart; a crooked smirk that exposed all of the teeth of his upper left jaw. It made him look cocky, but that's just how his face reacted when he was stressed.

[/html]

- Conor Soul - 04-19-2009

[html]
---

The child hopped when the door shook from the impact of flesh against wood. He felt a nick and flew back away from the door. It was Vuk that had grabbed him by his scruff. The boy quickly went from pure confusion to fear and confusion. Vuk appeared in front of him and ushered the child further back away from the door. The worst thing imaginable happened then. His father’s voice sounded through the door, a large roar in his name. The puppy’s fur stood out as if he had been hit by lightning. He huddled together into a small ball and felt hot tears emerge in the corner of his eyes. Oh, no, this was so horrible. Daddy had never ever sounded so mad before. The child felt the bladder let go, and the stench of urine and fear started to dominate the air.

”Vuk, no no no no no..” the child mumbled under his breath, and he started to move rhythmically back and forth with his little body. He needed Alexey so badly. Just someone. It did not matter, it would not help! No one could help him! Daddy was finally going to bite his head off!

[/html]

- Haku Soul - 04-19-2009

[html]
---

The male readied himself, then attacked the door a second and last time. The lock let go and the door burst open with a loud pang. The secui rolled his shoulders and finally saw the two that had thought they had been safe on the other side. He couldn’t see Conor immediately, but the stench of urine was overpowering. On the bloody carpet, again. Was his son going to grow up being a pathetic wimp like the emo looking male he once had met? That grown up child had been horrible, jumping at him, clinging at him crying out pathetically. The Lilium did not consider that this happened because a parent was scaring the shit out of the boy. Things were not quite as clear as they usually were, with the sickness and all. His vision was clouded, but he had no issues seeing the man standing in front of the cub. A stranger with the foul stench of loner. Why the fuck was he inside Haku’s house together with the kid?

The chocolate and cream male snarled, showing two rows of blistering white and deadly daggers. There was still some sense left in him though. If he outright launched at the male, the shitty child could be crushed and the pack would ask questions. Fair enough, but he still did not give much for the trespasser’s chcances. ”What the fuck are you doing here, stray?” he roared, pink spit dribbling down on the carpet. He could already taste blood, but it was his own. Seemingly he had bit his own tongue when running into doors. How unfortunate, but blood could mingle to get a still greater taste. His fur stood on edge. The male would not have many seconds before Haku’s teeth would take over the conversation.

[/html]

- Vukasin Sandalius - 04-20-2009

[html]

Vuk crouched, sowing his own teeth and growling venomously. "My name is Vukasin, and I'm no stray..." he corrected, his red eye glinting as he balled his right fist tight. It was a nervous habit. Whenever there was adrenaline in his system, his fist clenched, as if he could pump more of it into his system. You could call him a junky of sorts.

Upon hearing Conor worrying, He took a brief second to shoot the kid a reassuring grin, though he didn't feel as confident as he looked. "Don't worry kid, I may be young, but I can handle myself," he whispered even as he turned back to the raging demon before him. "Now I understand why your son is so bloody terrified of you. Some father, scaring the piss right out of the kid."

[/html]