Your oppression reeks of your greed and disgrace
[html]
Backdated to July 26

When Liliana had arrived back home a hot knife had sliced right through the Utina's chest and all the air left his lungs. He didn't have to ask what had happened, but the questions had spilled forth from his lips regardless. The answers he had received filled Nayati with an anger that he had never known before. It burned him from the inside out, almost as if the Great Fire itself had ignited in his core. Brusquely he told his sister to tend to Lili and to make sure the pups stayed inside the hut. If there were any protestations from his family as he strode quickly outside his ears did not hear them. There was no thought, no rationality, only the need to face those who had assaulted his mate.

As he walked to the Town Hall the consuming fire in his gut burned all the brighter and by the time he was outside the long structure he looked positively ferocious. His eyes blazed with a cold fury and the hair all along his back was on end. A snarl maimed his usually stoic face, white sabre teeth gleamed with a deadly promise. Without any sort of courtesy he burst into the hall like a charging bull elk. "MASKA!" he roared as he caught sight of the pathetic Councilman. Nayati did not pay any mind to whether or not he was surrounded by his goons, he only had one purpose—to wring that cowardly fanatic's neck.

<style type="text/css">
.barbedanger b {font-weight:normal; color:#d84f27; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#f4ef59 .0em .0em .01em; }
.barbedanger .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#dc5740; text-align:center; text-shadow:#1c0502 0px 1px 1px;}
.barbedanger p {text-indent:25px; padding: 5px 10px; margin:0px auto;}
.barbedanger {margin:0 auto; width:417px; background-color:#5a130c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rpEpx.jpg); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5b130c; padding: 270px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#c32914; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
I am posting from my phone! Ignore the lack of a table and the possibilities of spelling errors? <3

An easily recognisable voice roared his name outside the Town Hall. Maska lifted his eyes from the crude maps on his table, painted to show the recent intelligence recieved from various Guardians and Scouts. There were more of them now, and he was glad. It felt somehow safer to know that there were trained armsmen around. Nahele lifted an eyebrow and Maska nodded in the direction of the door, lifting his lean self to a dominant pose. Nahele slammed the door open to reveal the Utina man, and Maska spoke with an icy tone. It was not hard to guess why Nayati had come, but, had he ever bothered to try, Maska could not understand the male's rage. There was no family for Maska the councilman, and she was a mere hybrid.

"What do you want, Itse?" he asked, one eyebrow arched and his hands folded under his chest in front of him, dangling as if the councilman was entirely at peace. "Why do you seek me in this... violent fashion?" His Guide, the Hare, hopped forward and eyed the Utina suspiciously, and Nahele remained alert. Whatever tricks the Utina could pull, Nahele would beat him into the ground, Maska was certain of this. Besides, other Guardians would not have been able to ignore the racket this male was making, being tented nearby. Maska liked to keep them nearby.
[html]
He all maaaaad. Vague PP of Nahele grabbing him, you can explain more :o

When the doors opened Nayati's blizzard gaze locked onto Maska. He was the only one that mattered. Even if it had been one of the Guardians that had actually physically laid hands on his mate, it was this disgusting creature who had been behind it. He was behind it all, the others were merely pawns he moved with a word and a whim. The way the Councilman addressed him by the insult of a rank he had been reduced to was all Nayati needed. He rushed forward past the Guardian, intent on attacking that ugly, smug bastard.

Before he could reach him though he was stopped by the man he had shoved past. At that moment Onawa bounded into the Town Hall and roared full in the face of the hare Spirit, loud enough that it seemed to shake the very timbers of the building. Nayati let out a similar enraged sound as his eyes bore into the sickly gaze of the Councilman. "You had my mate beaten, you ulisgoliya!" he yelled. "Is that your idea of leadership? To attack anyone who doesn't fit your pathetic archaic beliefs?" Maska better pray that Nayati didn't get loose of his bodyguard, because if he did the Ahote would be sorry.

<style type="text/css">
.barbedanger b {font-weight:normal; color:#d84f27; letter-spacing:.5px;line-height:16px;text-shadow:#f4ef59 .0em .0em .01em; }
.barbedanger .ooc {font-style:italic; padding: 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#dc5740; text-align:center; text-shadow:#1c0502 0px 1px 1px;}
.barbedanger {margin:0 auto; width:417px; background-color:#5a130c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/rpEpx.jpg); background-position:top center,bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #5b130c; padding: 270px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Times new Roman, sans-serif; font-size:14px; color:#c32914; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
Hehe, go AniWayan swearwords!

It would appear that the Utina was aggravated. The feline guide bounced at Sikyatavo, whose agility and skinniness would finally do him any good. Deftly, the hare jumped atop one of the tables and further onto another, as if taunting the feline with his grace and speed. Sikyatavo had always been overly confident, and he looked no different now. Maska stood still, appearing calmly but alerted now. As the male rushed at him, foul words spitting at the Councilman, Nahele stepped forward and grabbed the Itse by the ars, holding him back firmly. Maska coolly studied the male in silence after the angry male had finished his shouting, before he tsked at him and shook his head.

"Tyrant? Nayati, you disappoint me." Really. There was no need for such language. "I have not touched a hair on your little love, Nayati. Leave for home now, and I'll spare you the humiliation in the next ceremony." His behavior was out of control! The Utina should not have come; it was not proper to face one's leadership in such a state of mind. Nahele moved in front of the pale-coated hunter, indicating that he would allow Nayati to move in one direction only; out.
[html]

Onawa may have been angry, but she showed more restraint than her charge and stood her ground as the smaller Spirit hopped away from her. Slate blue eyes watched the hare with a predator's gaze and a promise. Still, her thick tail slashed the air behind her in agitation and her mouth hung open displaying the thick, deadly teeth within. The fact that Maska was reacting to all this so lightly only enraged the Utina further. What reasons did he have to be so full of himself? He was a weakling who reclined on the power of his family. If the damned Guardian were not in here there was no question that Nayati could beat the Ahote to a bloody pulp.

"And you disappoint this whole tribe," he shot back quickly with narrowed eyes. "I did not say you did, but you would not deign to touch her, would you? You ordered one of your pawns to do your dirty work. Do not tell me otherwise, I saw what they did to her." Nayati glowered at Maska even as the Guardian tried to make him leave. No, he would not tuck his tail and lick the Ahote's feet. The Councilman had crossed the line when he had Liliana treated as he had and Nayati would not stand for such injustice. Without warning he curled his hand into a fist and sent all his weight behind a punch to the Guardian's jaw and then attempted a mad dash at Maska again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
Slight pp. #351

The feline seemed to pant primitively at the hare. ikyatavo studied the brute-ish behavior of the cat with disdain. Did it believe muscle would intimiadate him? He could get away from almost anything, and simple strength could not break him. There was no intimidation in dumb growls - and the general lack of intelligence that Sikyatavo decided the felaine expressed by er behavior. Sitting calmly atop his table, he looked down on the beast, and if any of them could have interpreted his little face, they would have seen the open frown.

Maska darkened his gaze as Nahele continued to work to keep the male back. Again with the dumbness of this people. He had had such hopes for these dwellers, but it seemed they were simply intent on fighting the help he aimed to give them. Hopefully, they would learn in time. Perhaps all that was needed was an example. "No, Nayati. It was Dawali who disappointed you, remember? You know the laws, you know it is no lie." Even faced with such a simple truth, they failed to understand and still struggled against his help. It was sad, truly. "If your mate—" he said harshly, "is dim-witted enough to physically oppose her leadership, she might perhaps learn something from the punishment she has recieved, yes?"

Nahele grunted as the fist hit him, and for a few short moments he was taken by the surprise. The Utina rushed forward a yard, two, maybe three, and Maska yelped in surprise and took several steps backwards. Before long, though, Nahele made for Nayati and caught him in the leg. The strength of the Itse was not unexpected to the Guardian, but for the first time since his arrival he was truly in need of his expertise in warfare. He found his footing for a moment and twisted, sending the Itse to the ground. The Warrior new just how to place his own weight on the fallen male to keep him on he floor. Calmer, Maska spoke with contempt in his voice. "You would do well to weigh your words now, Itse," he spat, moving forward with certain steps.
[html]
300+

The hare might not have been in immediate danger, but Onawa was not impressed with how he flaunted himself and his position—or rather the position of his charge. All prey should respect and fear the hunter. The rules of mortal beings may not have a direct application to their lives, but she could see how this Maska Ahote had become what he was with a Guide such as this. The puma almost pitied the wolf, but she could find no such emotion in herself to give over to AniWaya's new overlord. Nayati believed that something about this whole situation was not right, and she had to agree with him. There was an ill sense to all of this that she did not care for one bit.

The Utina knew that he was overstepping the boundaries set by tradition and custom, but he did not believe in the authority that the Ahote had given himself and he was too angry to care at this point anyway. "Dawali may have made a mistake, but he did not do it will ill intentions and he was a good Kalona. What I do not believe is that Chief Aatu waited so long to do anything if the situation was so dire. He knew of this long before he sent you. I had an audience with him on Dawali's behalf; why not send you back with me then?" Nayati could not presume to know Chief Aatu's mind, but this was simple logic any child would know. "Undue beatings only teach loathing, not respect." Lili had committed no crime. She had not profaned the Great Spirit, had not taken a life, or stolen anything. She did not deserve the punishment she had been given.

Even as he threw the punch, the Utina knew that he would not be able to reach Maska before the Guardian came back to his wits (that was if he had any). Nayati wanted to show the Councilman he was not some pup to be chastised and who would fawn all over him. He wanted to see the weakness that he knew to be there, and as the Ahote yelped at his advance he was given that proof. It filled the hunter with a sense of satisfaction, even as he was thrown to the ground and pinned by the warrior. The air went out of him and he could taste blood in his mouth where his teeth had pricked his tongue. Onawa roared again and turned on the Guardian, though made no further move, not until more harm was done to Nayati any way. Maska spoke again, and pale blue eyes gazed up at him knowingly. The Utina spit the blood in his mouth out at the weak man's feet. "There is what you have earned Councilman. I have no doubt you will make the rest of the tribe bleed before you are done."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
;>

Oh, this one was amusing. Sikyatavo watched the spitting wolf with loathing where he lay, and tsked at the puma where she stood, teeth bared. Had their people strayed so? Did they not understand? The Guide's purpose was to guide their wolves to what was right, proper living in the AniWayan way. This way did not include disrespecting one's leadership and spitting at their feet. The Hare lifted his chin arrogantly. Truly, he believed these individuals, the ones who did not want to be led to a righteous life, they did not deserve the guidance of sacred beings as himself. In that sense, this cat had failed. She was no more than a spitting, oversized kitten who could not touch him. He hopped down to parade in front of her, though closer to Maska, as his wolf pet spoke with contempt in his face.

"I have already explained this, Itse," Maska sighed. He truthfully did not know the answer to his question, and his shrug was almost apologetic, then. Nayati's anger, his energy, it was so wasted on all this aggravation. "I have no insight into why the Chief has waited. All I know is my mission, which is to right the wrongs which have been made." He was willing to explain, really. He would prefer if they would just understand, rather than him having to beat the realizations into their thick skulls. However when the blood landed at his feet, Maska had had enough of explanations. He would waste no more energy on this one's disrespectful attitude. He paused, pondering his response. A public punishment, perhaps? His mate had fared very well, compared to the potential his Guardians had. Perhaps they would understand if he... demonstrated it for them.
[html]
300+

Vaguely Onawa was aware of the pompous hare strutting around, but her attention had turned completely to her charge and the wolf that had him pinned against the ground. The other Guide was nothing but a buzzing fly in her ear, not worth her attention. Though she did note he was careful to stay closer to his wolf than to her, and that was all she needed to know to see the true measure of the creature, just as Maska's yelp had confirmed his mettle to Nayati. The Utina knew that he was in breach of AniWayan custom by being so disrespectful to a high ranking member, but he was breaking such things only so he could follow other beliefs. The need to speak the truth at all times, no matter the cost. The belief that all were equal in worth despite differences of blood or appearance. Maska had shown his true, twisted colors by singling out Liliana. Nayati knew it was because of her mixed blood. In that light, the Ahote was just as out of line as the Utina.

The Councilman's seeming honest ignorance on the matter of Chief Aatu's intentions might have given Nayati pause if it were not for everything else. He had resorted to violence whenever anyone dared to not follow his every word. It was weakness, and it was the sign of a tyrant. Maska wanted to rule by fear, not respect, and he would turn the whole tribe bloody by following that path. Nayati knew punishment would be forthcoming, he had been aware of that going into the Town Hall. He would not beg for forgiveness or mercy. He would bear his sentence with his head held high, for he was doing what he knew in his heart was right and just. The man continued to stare up at the Councilman, waiting.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
;>

The silence was heavy as the two males stared at each other, most of he sound came from the breathing of the various personalities in the room. Maska pondered, and wasn't certain if he would make him another Itawamba, imprison him or publically beat him when the hare jumped up on the table next to him and whispered in his ear. The Councilman pondered his Guide's words carefully before speaking, almost hesitantly. "I think..." he started. "I think that it would be wise of you to consider my warning, Nayati." Perhaps it was the severity of the situation which made him use his real name, perhaps it was a slip of the tonge. He had known this Utina's name before he came here; many in the Great Tribe knew who had gone to see Dawali in this place, to seek happiness in safer surroundings. Well, after witnessing the unneccessary slaughter in the Great Tribe, Maska did not believe in peace any longer. It was impossible - it was better to prepare for the inevitable than sit by and be caught unawares.

"You have until midnigt to be gone. If you are not gone by then, expect to see just how tyrannical I can be." He stared down at where the hunter lay before moving his hand in a signal to Nahele. The Guardian roughly grabbed the Itse's upperarms and yanked him upwards and in the direction of the door. "Your family is safe. Think before you act, Itse.". Sikyatavo smiled, though no one could see it.
[html]
And the plot thickens! :o

Nayati could see the thoughts racing behind the yellow eyes of the Councilman and he knew what they were. He was running through the options available for punishment. The Utina knew them just as well, all he didn't know was which would be passed down to him. The Ahote's Spirit Guide spoke something in his ear and for a moment the man's face became inscrutable. The hunter listened silently as the words of his sentence slowly began to slip into the open air like smoke from a new fire. Exile. It was not what he had expected. The Utina did not let the shock cross his face though. His expression remained stony and he betrayed no hint of his reaction to what had just been said.

Brief pain shot through his arms as he was yanked back to his feet and lead forcefully from the Town Hall. The last words Maska spoke rang in his ears and though he was now silent and compliant, internally he was already forming a plan. If Maska thought that he was going to leave his family behind to be at the Councilman's mercy he was sorely mistaken. He would go home and quietly tell his family to pack up what they could and then under the cover of night before the midnight moon they would ride together from AniWaya and seek sanctuary elsewhere. Nayati would not leave his mate, his sister, or his small children behind, and if the other man though he knew the Utina at all, he would know that.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]