Next to nothing. [AW]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.INKchanges {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#3e210c url(http://i.imgur.com/ecc4H.png) no-repeat right top;width:100% }
.INKchanges .in {padding:10px 10px 10px 20px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em; text-align: justify;color:#b09c8b;}
.INKchanges .box {width:340px;height:320px;float:right;}
.INKchanges p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.INKchanges .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.INKchanges .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #b66647; margin:0 350px 5px auto;}
.INKchanges b {color:#b66647;font-family:georgia}
.INKchanges .header {color:#b66647;font-family:'Caesar Dressing', georgia;font-size:140%;font-style:italic;text-align:center;padding-bottom:10px}
.INKchanges b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.INKchanges b:after {
content: close-quote; }</style>

INK.

Preferably someone who knew Matteo or at least knew of him- which is... almost everybody in the tribe. XD

Days of travel had been put between himself and the artisan girl. He'd enjoyed her company, despite learning nothing more on his father. He would miss her until next they'd meet. He'd made a friend in these strange lands and thus, his journey continued. The view of the land was beautiful, especially from Jericho's back. A few times, inspired, he'd stop to let his muse flow free beside a fire or on a beach. Jericho would get a break and Ink could practice on his new guitar- a find he'd made while visiting Halifax.

The thing was like new, fixed up by the merchant who'd sold it to him. He loved it and now, as he sat on Jericho's back, slowly making their way south, inspiration finally struck just the right chord with him. He was no singer but he wasn't about to break anyone's ears either, and so, he played, and he sang... or, rather, rapped.

The beat of the guitar was sharp and quick, smooth and curved, rocky and clean- just like this new land he was in. He weaved a story with the lyrics of his song, telling his own tale- his mother's death and his arrival in this land became the point of the song. It all spun together in his head and he played the result with few mistakes, no pauses or breaks.

He continued on this song, writing it down and replaying it, as Jericho moved on underneath him. He didn't stop until Jerri did, and suddenly he was staring down at a white fence. What? ...they go on forever. He looked on into the forest nearby, where the fence disappeared into the thick. Smells like a pack. Maybe they'll know something? The horse cuffed the ground with her foot and stepped back, letting her rider hop down so she could graze at the soft grass below. Only one way to know. With that, the boy howled, calling for a listening ear and hopefully, a friendly face.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count » 000 :: Out of character text here: LOL I found it!

Her wounds.. they were healing at least. And her pride, although battered and broken, was recovering slowly. She lamented the loss of her beauty, the one constant she had held but it was no more. Instead a jagged mass of claw marks desecrated the left side of her face and the stubby remains of her left ear was ripped and torn. No there was no beauty in her appearance anymore. As before though her long fur hid the lacerations inflicted on her body, leaving it still desirably curvy but on her face it was shorter and didn't hide at all. Her beauty now had to come from within herself to make up for it. Her children were the way, they grew fast and kept her heart and fire alive. With their love she found the inspiration to perform her dances. She was doing so now, the staff slicing through the air with perfect ease and she turned, ignoring the twinge of discomfort from her ribs and her once broken wrist. She wouldn't be brought down, the demon would not destroy her.

A call cut through her practice routine and she let the staff drop from its upraised position. Staring out cautiously into the greenery around the village's perimeter suspiciously as though she could summon an image of the visitor from simply squinting her eyes. Across the fire from her Light too rose from his sitting position where he had been watching her perform, his knife already drawn as he watched her warily. Since she had returned to AniWaya, carried by his caring arms, she had not left its borders nor even attempted to approach them for fear of being attacked again but today, she decided, would put an end to that.

She returned her staff to its place inside the town hall and then reverently excused herself from the Great Fire's presence. She had almost fully immersed herself into the culture of this pack, and saw through its eyes and thought with its values. Tamai was somewhere nearby but the spirit guide didn't reveal herself to her so she started forwards without him and only Light by her side. Since he had spoken to her, berated her and embarrassed her in front of Light and her children about her cowardice she had stepped up and forwards instead of being a pathetic little girl with no will of her own.

The forest passed them by with exaggerated slowness no matter the speed or length of her stride. Time was content to pass by at half its normal rate and she was irritated by it's weight. Light struck out ahead of her by a few paces and he would be the first to come into contact with the fence that surrounded AniWaya. She saw his face distort before rolling into a blank mask and as she leaned around him to see he whispered to her ears only 'Be strong now'

A male.. boy stood before her, somebody she had never seen before and yet she was looking back at the past. Wide blue eyes caressed the lines of his body, the set of his face and the tilt of his ears. A pain so sharp it eclipsed everything she had experience during her mauling and rape shattered her heart into millions of pieces and she died a thousand times over. The presence of the horse, his horse was just another nail in her coffin. Again her own love was turned against her and hardened into a spear used to pierce and wound her. The woman turned her face to the floor, eyes squeezing shut and gripped her teeth together in anguish. Light's arm fell down onto her shoulder, a pillar of support.

She struggled not to fall apart completely as she raised her head and looked at him again,

Gadohv asique... Her voice lingered off and then carried on again in english this time 'Why have you come here?'

<style>
.free-a37 .ooc {font-style:italic; color:#000000;}
.free-a37 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a37 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a37 b {color:#ef6c42; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a37 {font-family: garamond, serif; font-size:14px; color:#e6ceac; letter-spacing:.8px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:475px;}
.free-a37 .inner{background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a37.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:475px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
OOC post cause I'm too lazy to retype what was lost.

Ink is startled when they show up but smiles and acts all polite.

He introduced himself as Ink Trovato and explains that he didn't mean to intrude, just that he's looking for his dad, Matteo Trovato, and hopes they know of him since AniWaya had been the last home he'd lived in before meeting his mother- or so his mother had told him.
[html]

WC:000+
OOC blah would go here

This was a joke right? Surely her life couldn't be this cruel. She uttered a short, sharp, humorless laugh, more like a bark. Light's hand on her shoulder tightened but the woman was incensed by the boy, by what had happened to her, by everything and ignored it. There was an inkling within her of the cold heartless beast that Lucifer had been, vestiges of the monster lurked within her depths though she fought to retain control over her extremes.

'There wasn't an inch of him I didn't know' Perhaps it was unseemly of her to speak thus of the boy's father in this manner but Gemma was gone past being polite and gentle. 'He said he would be there for me forever, that he would look after me.' Her voice rose shrilly, bordering on hysterical. Underneath the shrew-like shrieking there was the undertones of true pain. Matteo had hurt Gemma terribly by leaving, by forcing his own exile with his actions and Gemma blamed himself rather than Ulilohi or Anatole for her pain and suffering.

<style>
.AnaFK-15 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-15 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-15 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFF; text-shadow:#000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-15 {background-color:#632728; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#fdd2db; line-height:16px; width:476px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb29 ... uls/13.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:325px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-15-border {width:478px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
.INKchanges {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#3e210c url(http://i.imgur.com/ecc4H.png) no-repeat right top;width:100% }
.INKchanges .in {padding:10px 10px 10px 20px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em; text-align: justify;color:#b09c8b;}
.INKchanges .header {color:#b66647;font-family:'Caesar Dressing', georgia;font-size:140%;font-style:italic;text-align:center;padding-bottom:10px}

INK.

Emotional Trovatos are always emotional. ._.

The woman's reaction was far from what he'd been expecting. She barked a short laugh and shrilled her response- she knew him. She knew him well. Once Ink got over the fact that she was acting almost batshit, he realized- this was the mate he'd left behind. This was Gemma. Oh gods.

Ink's ears fell back, touching his shoulders as he stepped away, tail falling completely limp. I-I'm so sorry, ma'am. I... I didn't know. I... He looked to the male beside her for help, solance, anything. He didn't know how to act for this, he didn't know what to say. As he turned back to look at the scarred woman, he realized something- this could've been his family. Had Matteo never left AniWaya, this woman probably would've been his mother. A pang of guilt... shame... hurt.

In the only way he could figure out how, he dropped to his knees and bowed his head to her. Please forgive my father for leaving. My mother told me about you, that he'd missed you every night he'd stayed. Then, as he looked down, he saw the glint of the ring on his necklace and remembered the story behind it. He looked up at her again and in a bold move, something he'd never done before, took the chain from his neck and held the ring out to her. He kept this. My mother stole it from him when he left, but I've held on to it since I found it. She told me... she told me this had been yours. He never... he never forgot about you. I swear he didn't. He was crying. He didn't even know why, but the sight of the woman so worked up and the memories of stories of his father wrapping together into one true storyline... he felt for her. Felt the pain his father had the day he'd left. With shaking hands, he held the ring to her, for her to take or refuse. He'd make things right. He had to.

He had to correct his father's mistakes, as many as he could, to clear his family name and to make things right again. Starting with Gemma.

[/html]
Light's grip grew painful and his claws dug into her skin, almost breaking it. His muzzle was thrust close to the stump of her ear and his voice hissed across her skin, making her shudder with repressed emotions,
"Calm down Little Gemma." She took a few breaths to try to steady herself, tears threatened to fall, pooling in her sapphire eyes and the woman let out a single broken sob that was half laughter. This wasn't happening to her, it wasn't, she was dreaming.

"I..." Her jaw clicked shut tight as he held out the ring, the one she had gotten Matteo. She wondered briefly what he had done with his christian pendant she had found for him too, the one with the sapphire set in it. She had been so loving back then, so foolish to think her dreams might have been realized. Though the barbed wire and fences of AniWaya separated the two hybrids she reached out over it and took hold of it. For one fierce second she almost threw it away from herself but her fist clenched tight, holding it within. All of her old anger and hurt continued to burn and rush forwards, unstoppable.

"He left me alone in a strange pack, with no idea how to hunt, who anyone was, who I could trust. Because of him I was mauled, and raped, again. Because he wasn't here to protect me like he said he would always be. I bore his children, alone." The lie was so ingrained into her now there was no hesitation as it tripped off her tongue, so often she had repeated it that it was almost like truth to her now. Light let go of her shoulder and crossed his arms, looking down upon the young boy. Out of everyone she knew, he was the only one who knew the full story, of Giuseppe and of Frodo.

INK.

Selling himself to repair his father's bad name. Oh Ink, you're making a mistake here buddy.

Ink listened to her but his eyes were on the ring for the most part. It was the only real thing he had of his father. Jericho would grow old and die one day- maybe not in his lifetime if he were lucky but anything could happen. The ring would last forever, if cared for. When she finished, he looked up at her again, ears flicking forward in surprise. He had... siblings? Not important. Comfort the broken woman first, ask about siblings and more information later. Humility, Ink.

He left you with a pack he thought would take care of you, though. You have this man supporting you, don't you? He spoke softly, not wanting to incite her wrath and anger. I'm... very sorry for what happened to you and I'm sorry my father wasn't there for you. I... He trailed off, not really knowing what to say.

...I want to make it up to you. He finally spoke, trying to sound more sure of himself than he felt. My father left you when you needed him. Please, let me right his wrongs. I promise I won't be like him and betray your trust. I swear, anything you need. Anytime. He lowered his head and ears again and looked up to her, hoping she'd accept this and forgive his father in time.

[/html]
She did want to believe the young son of Matteo, she truly did but.. all she could see of him, within him, was Matteo. She would never be able to look upon him without feeling the sharp sting of rejection, the pain of knowing he had sought solace in another woman after promising her that she would be the only one. The ring was sharp as it dug into the skin of her paw and the mauled skin on the left side of her face wrinkled even more as she frowned. Maybe in time he could prove himself to raise above her view of Teo but he would never take away her hurt.

The emotion bled out of her face as she considered what next to say. She had nothing more to give to him at this moment and what he had promised himself to do she would have to think over for a while before coming to any conclusions but she could give him some information of his father, a few of her happier memories maybe.

"What do you want to know about Matteo."

INK.

Sorry for the wait! x:

The woman seemed to agree to his request to ask questions at least. He sighed, rubbing his eyes slightly to try and rid himself of childish tears. ...I just want to know... what he was like. He murmured finally, sitting back on his knees with hands folded in his lap. My mother told me... he'd been kind to her, if distant. What they had... wasn't love, but she was grateful to him. For me, I think. He rolled his shoulders, not really knowing for sure. He knew from his mother's words that Matteo hadn't ever loved her. He'd left behind someone far more cherished and despite the pain the woman felt now, Ink knew that his father must've loved Gemma very dearly.

...can you tell me... the basics? Who he was? Where he came from? He tilted his head slightly, ears perked. I don't even know if I have aunts or uncles or anything. Did he have siblings? Ink hated to ask this of her, now that he knew how much pain his father had caused the woman, but hopefully...

...hopefully, she could share some happy moments with him. Something she could remember fondly, maybe. Ink wasn't sure what kind of life his father had led with this woman, but maybe... maybe there was something more to it that a traitor and a rogue.

[/html]
I know I have taken a very long time to reply to this, if you want to continue on with the thread then pm me to say so, after ten days if you've not then i'll add the rest of the ending I've written for it and ask for it to be archived.

So many questions from him, and each one was another weight added to her, another thing she'd have to explain to him. It would be uncomfortable to spend so long here at the borders, where anybody could walk by an interrupt. Besides the boy looked exhausted, getting to AniWaya required one to travel almost the entire length of souls. Could she do this, take care of Matteo's son by another woman, if even for a night. Fortunately Light made the decision for her with a no nonsense voice,

"It is too long a story to sit here and speak, too dangerous too." He shot a look at Gemma, eyes encompassing the scars upon her face and her damaged ear, "You are welcome into our pack and at our fire tonight if you wish, we can provide food for you and a safe place to sleep."

Gemma looked up at Light with a small frown, but he was looking intently at Ink to notice her now. Light had become a much harder man since bringing Gemma home, if the younger boy was intent on causing trouble then he would have no problem chasing him away and inflicting a few warning nips, despite Ink looking so much like the man he had developed an attraction to.