Sinful Past
She had been curious, so she came with determination to investigate the place that her siblings dwelt. She couldn't remain in Anathema for her entire life, never learning what was beyond it. Pride's preparations for this were rather simple, unsure of what she was supposed to bring for such an occasion. The daggers that she knew how to use, and a small pack with some food were all that she'd brought along. Her cloak was draped along her thin frame, gazing up at the skulls marking the borders.

They didn't send any fear through her frame. Pride could tell that they were the skulls of wolves, and as far as she knew she was pure coyote. The borders had a strong feeling coming from it, that of warriors and those that would battle. It almost sang in her blood, calling to her. Shaking her head the young coyote looked inwards. She had other things to be doing. Lifting her head Pride howled, a bright coyote's cry that echoed through the air, asking for someone to come. Lowering her head Pride wondered if she should have brought any gifts with her. That would have been wise. Perhaps she could talk her way around the need for such things.
[html]

He still did not understand the meeting with the strange d'Arte woman not too long ago, and had taken to practicing more of his sparring and fighting with other packmembers - all in jest, of course, but the practice still kept his mind off of other matters. It made him feel more at peace, with himself and with Inferni, and more secure while patrolling the borders like he was today.

A foreign scent reached his nose, then, and he drank it in, wondering what it was; soon after the scent hit him, he heard a loud howl - it was not the long, low howl of a wolf, but the cry of a coyote.

He made his way to where the cry had come from, and sure enough, a female coyote stood at the borders, staring up at the skull-spiked lines. "You're at the borders of Inferni," he barked in his rough voice; "I'm Nathaniel King - who 're you?"

<style>
.AnaFK-07 .ooc {font-size:10px; font-style:italic;}
.AnaFK-07 p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
A fiery red coyote showed up soon, weapons on his frame. Pride turned her gaze to him calmly, looking him over. He seemed like he was a strong warrior, though his threats had little effect on her. Living in Anathema tended to result in that state of mind. She listened to the rough tone of his voice, his greeting only slightly more friendly than the kind that might be expected from patrollers at home. Struck by the similarity she smiled a little, tail wagging behind her. My name is Pride Tormenta.

It wasn't her real name, but she hated that one with a passion, and much preferred being called Pride, as Mama had affectionately nicknamed her. Saying her real name was a fast way to get a biting response from her. I come from Anathema. I had realized that I did not know much about our neighbors, and remembered that I had relatives here. I was hoping to speak with one. It was honest, but still usable. Perhaps she would get the information she needed. The next pack Pride visited she'd make sure to bring a kill with her.
[html]

Word Count → 460 :: i hope you don't mind me jumping in here :3

No one said that this would be easy
This is never easy.

She'd fallen into the patterns of her father, stalking his old trails, her tail straight out, and her long secui formed legs rotating over the earth. She'd been in her Optime form over two or three days ago, for she found herself stuck in her halfing form for some odd reason. The tall coyote hybrid was thin, curvy, and silky in her halfing form, giving her the slight appearance of a Maned wolf that was built with much more muscle and had the wrong fur color. She sniffed the ground as she trotted along the borders of her home. She hadn't failed to bring herself some company though, for her feline friends, Klok and Hope decided that they wanted to follow along, though at a distance. Valkyrie's gamboge eyes were pinned on the ground ahead of her, her mind off intensely thinking about something or another. Thinking about stuff that she didn't need to be thinking about. She was pretty much traumatizing herself more than she needed to in her head. She didn't mean to do it, but her thoughts had been so dark lately that it was hard for her to see the light that she once saw in everything. It made her sad, and it made her angry.

A call came on the wind, and her overly large ears perked and she lifted her head from the ground. It sounded like no coyote that she knew, but they were calling for someone, anyone . Valkyrie took off after the sound, not bothering to return the howl, because she did want to really. She wanted them to not know how far away she was, and not only that, but she was not too far off anyways. She probably was the only one who was as close as she was. Within two minutes she was coming to the sight of a cloaked being at their borders. The smell finally came to her, and she smelt the stench of Anathema. They were not Inferni's enemies, but Valkyrie had a distrust for them, since their leader was a traitor of Inferni. At least the woman was in her eyes. More than likely in Hybrid's eyes too - Least that's what Valkyrie believed.

When she got close enough she realized who it was, and her lips curled back and she lashed her tail back and forth. What do you want, girl? Valkyrie had forgotten the name of the girl, because she did not believe that the girl was her sister, so she erased the name from her mind. As if the girl did not exist. She looked over to her brother and tilted her ears back up at him before looking back at the albino woman.

<style>
.valky-Miyu {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.valky-Miyu img{width:300px; float:left}
.valky-Miyu p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.valky-Miyu p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#AA0000;text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000000;}
</style>
image © Miyu!

[/html]
[html]

"What relatives are those?" he asked the woman who called herself 'Pride'. It was an odd name, to say the least - Nathaniel had never heard one quite like it before. He had never heard of the woman, either, and her last name was not familiar to the large wolfish man - what kin did she have here that he did not know?

Not soon after he posed the question, he could scent something familiar on the wind - Valkyrie, one of his family. As he heard her approach, and then finally saw her, he could also scent the hostility and dislike coming off of her in waves, with the animosity all aimed towards the white woman named 'Pride'. Her words were biting and venomous, laced with a hostility that one did not show to those they did not know; clearly, Valkyrie had had bad dealings with this woman, and if that was the case, Nathaniel would become more defensive.

He took a defensive pose, tensing his muscles slightly; "You know her?" he asked Valkyrie slightly roughly, not taking his eyes off of the foreign woman.

<style>
.AnaFK-07 b {font-family:verdana; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 0px 0px 2px; margin:5px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.AnaFK-07 {background-color:#abb092; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; width:496px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... s/rawr.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:294px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; border-radius:8px; } .AnaFK-07-border {width:498px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:8px;}</style>[/html]
She was ready to answer the question, giving the names of her two siblings. Well, there were only two that she knew of, and they weren't particularly fond of her or her mother, as Mama had left Inferni and them. Still, they were relatives and that made her much more confident in making this her first stop when she decided to investigate the packs. She knew enough to know that canines such as Mama's mate, Charm, would be unwelcome there, and that they had a fierce loyalty to their own. She didn't have to tell anyone however, as Valkyrie chose to show up of her own accord.

A small smile formed, dipping her head softly in greeting. Valkyrie. It's been some time. I was hoping to speak with you. The aggression did have her tensed and ready to run in case things went south, but she tried her best to stay calm. It wouldn't do if her first attempt at approaching another pack went poorly. She wanted to remain the pride of her mother's heart, and represent her pack well. She's one of my relatives. A wry smile finished that remark, knowing that such a blood bond couldn't be destroyed, though it could be ignored.
[html]

Word Count → 264 :: Sorry for the short post :[

No one said that this would be easy
This is never easy.

She could feel her brother's tenseness as she showed her display of irritance that the girl was here, on Inferni borders. Gamboge eyes narrowed at the girl as she greeted her, as if nothing was wrong, as if she was supposed to be here or something. The albino also spoke of how she wanted to speak with her. Valkyrie's smooth coat was alreadu ruffled as she stood there, the higher rank of the two Infernians, and not afraid to show such a thing with the height of her tail, and her tense position. Nathan asked if Valkyrie knew this girl, and she turned her eyes to her brother. Sadly, yes, I do know this girl. growled the Praefectus, and she turned her gaze back to the albino woman.

Pride went to mention their blood ties, and Valkyrie let a deep growl erupt from her throat, and hackles on her back were stiff and raised. Your mother is a liar! We have no blood ties! the saddled woman's ridge then stood up, her tone was haughty, much unlike she normally was. And I have nothing to say to you, so there's little reason of you being here, child. barked the Praefectus. Sure, it went against her nature as an Infernian to be unkind to a full blooded coyote, but her mother was the reason that Valkyrie was acting the way she was. She had refused her own blood because she didn't want to believe that there was a Massacre child that was not in Inferni. It was blasphemy to her.

<style>
.valky-Miyu {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.valky-Miyu img{width:300px; float:left}
.valky-Miyu p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.valky-Miyu p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.valky-Miyu b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;color:#AA0000;text-shadow: 0.0em 0.0em 0.1em #000000;}
</style>
image © Miyu!

[/html]
[html]

Nathaniel flattened one of his ears dubiously as Pride made her claim as a relative of Valkyrie's - although the white woman wanted to speak with his kin, she did not seem to be in the mood to speak with her back. His suspicions were proven correct as Valkyrie's outburst sliced the silence with a loud growl, denying any blood ties to the woman.

Nathaniel's head snapped to Pride, eyeing her suspiciously and slightly aggressively. His lip curled up to show a fang - even if Valkyrie was not in the right, he would side with her against a non-Inferni member any day. He remained silent, brutish eyes glittering with battle-lust; he did not like the wry smirk that Pride punctuated her sentence with, and if Valkyrie as a superior to him ordered him to chase her out, he would without hesitation - and perhaps with glee.

<style>
Pride's hackles raised with anger at the outburst. Her mother was not a liar! True, Mama would lie in order to gain benefit, but lying about kin was not one of the things that fell under that. It took a lot of effort to stay calm under these circumstances. Her wish to make a good opinion outweighed her need to defend her family and perhaps start something with Valkyrie. She remained where she was, doing her best to not back away from the rage that faced her, white eyes cold.

Softly Pride spread her hands, doing her best to appear as a peacemaker. I can understand your wish to deny the ties. After all, Mama left you here in Inferni but brought me along with her. I have no memory of this pack, and the bonds that keep you here are unknown to me. This clan does interest me however, and I do not wish for battle between us. I had hoped that I could get to know my kin, and restore the bond that was broken. It was hard to say that, and keep her voice even.
[html]
OOC: Valkyrie scared me with this post. I've never imagined her so....frightening-looking as I did when I made this post. / +430!

Why would she even let this child stay long enough to try and defend her mother? The cold glare of the child made Valkyrie's blood boil, and her saddled back held it's ridge stiff as she stared straight into the eyes of the albino. She was getting more and more angry that the child was there, on her turf, and for that reason, she was feeling like a chase would do her some good. Even though she would like to do much more to the lying child and her mother, to chase either one of them off of Inferni lands was just as good. Her act was see-through, for Valkyrie could smell the frustration and anger that was starting to come off of the Anatheman. That was fine, because if she did start anything, not only would Valkyrie be on her like stink on shit, but Nathan would also protect her, and he might be less of a friendly man if things got violent. There was little escape for the thin, fragile looking woman if she was to make a fight occur.

The child went to speak on. Her words made little sense to Valkyrie. It wasn't because Aeron left her in Inferni, no. Valkyrie was a grown woman, she could care for herself, and she'd rather be among her own kind, and her family rather than in the dark caves of Anathema. She'd practically been raised in Inferni, and she loved the clan with everything that she was, and everything she wasn't. The ties that kept her here were ones that were made long ago. Sure, she'd left a few times, but she always came back, and now she was here, forever it would seem. You have no kin here. No bonds, no ties, Never did, never will. You should leave here and never come back. growled the woman, whose tall ears fell back on her head and her tail lashed over her back. She glanced over to Nathan and gave him a look. It was one that said, without words "It's time for a chase."

She took one step towards Pride, and her snarl turned into a smile that matched the one her father would wear, and her maw let out a terrible laugh, one that seemed to be unnatural for her. She took another predatory step forward. Run, little girl. warned the feral looking woman. The more she devolved into madness, the more she started to look like her father. It was quite.....frightening to say the least.

<style type="text/css">
.valbeast b {font-weight:bold; color:#e0b9ab; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #290e05; }
.valbeast p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.valbeast {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#c54215; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/qzrjoh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a22e06; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dd8668; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.valbeast p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.valbeast p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

It was almost frightening, seeing his kin build up so much anger and hatred towards the white woman in front of them. Mind, Nathaniel did not like her much, either - she was too cocky, too much of a superiority complex, or at least he thought in his mind. He curled his lip as she spread her arms like a peace maker, as if Valkyrie and him were the ones being unreasonable, rather than her, an outsider, who would not leave the borders of Inferni, where the deaths of trespassers and stubborn, prideful fighters lined the borders.

Valkyrie gave Nathaniel a look, and he grinned viciously first at her, and then at this Pride woman who still lingered on their borders. He took a step closer, tensing his muscles and unsheathing his sharp claws that had been velveted softly inside his fingers until this moment - he did not care if Pride was right or wrong, or if Valkyrie was the wrong one. Inferni was not a force to be reckoned with, to be mocked and ridiculed, and Pride had better leave soon if she knew what was good for her, Nathaniel thought.

<style>
What? Pride had come here with peaceful intentions. She understood Valkyrie's rage, but surely this was going over the top with it. It smarted to have all her attempts at being peaceful and understanding Inferni shattered by this one coyote's rage. She couldn't stop it though, and at this point there was no choice in the matter. She had to leave. The warning was only met with a snarl and a grip around her blades, not caring for the mockery that Valkyrie showed her. Only a child would hold such spite against one who had done nothing wrong.

Angrily she turned and ran, her paws carrying her swiftly over the land. Her first attempt, and she had failed miserably. Pride had thought it was the one place that she was most likely to be able to fit in, and talk with others without a problem. She was more cut off and isolated than she'd known if this was the reaction to her from those she shared blood with. What was she going to do now?
[html]
OOC: We can close this thread now. Sunny if you want to reply once more you can, or one of us can ask for it to be archived, it doesn't matter to me much. // +356!

She liked the look that Nathan had given her. It meant that he was ready for a chase as well. That grin that was almost as horrible as her own had made her ridge stand on edge as she turned her gamboge gaze back to the woman who thought that she was their sibling. See, Valkyrie could see the resemblance of Hybrid to Nathan, you know, besides that one little weird marking he had on his leg, but for the most part, Hybrid and his son looked similar, while this white, albino-ish, coyote looked nothing like either one of the parents. The bitch could have been just a stray for all she knew. Valkyrie snarled at the girl as she spoke, dared to mock Valkyrie, telling her that she was the child, dispite the fact that she was nearly three years older than this girl. It only took miliseconds after the girl spoke for Valkyrie to charge at her. The girl turned and ran though, but even though she turned and ran, Valkyrie still ran after her. She barked and snapped behind the girl, trying to instill a fear within her to never return to Inferni.

She might have been a coyote, but she was raised by wolves. She had no reason to try and become one of them when she was raised by and around wolves. Valkyrie did not want to see this child's face ever again, and the next time she did see the girl, it might not end well for either of them. As she chased the girl, a mad grin was on her maw, even when she barked and snapped her jaws at the girl. The lithe being gave up the chase as soon as they got far enough away from Inferni, and once they got to that point, Valkyrie stopped and she turned back with her tail held high and her chin tilted up. She had done a good job, she liked to think, and her father would have been proud, she hoped. The last thing she wanted was for Hybrid to be upset with her in the afterlife.

<style type="text/css">
.valbeast b {font-weight:bold; color:#e0b9ab; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #290e05; }
.valbeast p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.valbeast {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#c54215; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/qzrjoh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a22e06; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#dd8668; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.valbeast p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.valbeast p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]