Hunger pays a heavy price
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... itable.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
No worries! And there wasn't any specific religious view that the family followed. Savina just has kind of an undefined belief in various gods/spirits, mostly pertaining to the natural world. Whatever you want to have her believe is good with me ^^ 500+

He could sense the confusion in her, though it did not surprise him and he did not judge her for it. There were not many outside of his culture that he had met that had the same spiritual strength and ideals that he and his people held. To many it seemed strange and some even went so far as to call it foolish dreams or insanity. It was only when people mocked his beliefs that the Utina male became offended. He was willing to respect what anyone else believed as long as they returned the courtesy and respected his beliefs. He wouldn't particularly call the AniWayan way of seeing the world a religion, but it was just as sacred as any religious belief and just as important to him. At her repetitive question he simply nodded his head in further affirmation. It probably was all the harder to grasp since Onawa was constantly in her fully visible form. Some Guides stayed hidden from the world, or only partially visible. How much of themselves they showed was entirely up to the Spirit. "Not many have, outside of my tribe. If you ever wish to hear more I would be glad to tell you." Now was not the time for a deep spiritual discussion, however. Now was the time of the hunt and such conversations must wait until another time.

The woman smiled in appreciation of his acceptance of her companionship on this hunt and he smiled back. It had been a long time since he had hunted with anyone other than Onawa, and he did not believe he had ever hunted with another who chose to do so on four legs. It would be an interesting experience. Their agreement reached and introductions made, the puma Guide, who had been staying at a distance, came closer and nodded her greetings at the female wolf. Nayati was impressed to hear Ghita extend her greeting to the both of them. Many did not know that it was important to show the Guides as much respect as they would another wolf, but this woman learned quickly it seemed. "And it is our pleasure to meet you." Onawa took a seated position and the Tsisdu Kanati looked at her curiously. "You do not wish to accompany us?" he asked her. "You do not need me. I will watch." Ghita may not have picked up on what was not said, but Nayati understood that she wished him to learn to work with the woman and her different style of hunting. It would be important to be able to do such a thing in these new lands. Nodding in acceptance he turned back to the other wolf and the task at hand.

She asked if he had selected a particular deer to hunt, and honestly he had not. His strong gaze returned to the herd and searched critically through their masses. After a few silent moments he spoke. "There, on their left back side, seems to be a buck that is older and not moving as fast as the others. Perhaps he should be our target." While older the male was still a good size and would provide plenty of meat for the both of them and their respective homes. "Perhaps you can sneak ahead and startle them into a run and then we can both work to bring him down. Do not fear me hitting you, my aim is strong and true." He could understand if that were a fear of her's, but he wouldn't take a shot if there were any chance of hitting her.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread