Darkest before the Dawn
[html]

Heath looked to her with a quick glance as she spoke of war. Her to? He wondered, though remained silent in hopes of encouraging her to speak more. They walked into the makeshift campsite and Heath did as she said, but sat on a fallen tree trunk that must had helped in making some covering. The coyote-wolf hybrid watched her, though he made sure to let his eyes wander when they were getting too intense. He did not trust her, not yet at least, but there was no reason to make her feel as if he only had interest in her actions. Her bags and supplies did peak his curiosity, so he wasn't being dishonest. "I'm not as light as I look." he responded with a hint of jest as he caught the leather bag and pulled a bit of jerky out form it.

Her story continued, and Heath listened intently. The horse was always a source of interest for the male, and it seemed like she might not be his proper caretaker. But it looked like she cared just as much as any, though her question was not something Heath had thought the might discuss, as she had been a bit more interested in the lands she had stumbled upon. "Hay." he returned, chewing a bit of the dried meat as he explained further "We have a large farm, with a few stables and rings. I've been working on it for about a year now I think." He looked at the horse as she took his blanket off, watching to see the evidence of the trials that the stallion had faced on the journey. He seemed fit, but the Marshal would like to see his hooves and get a hand on him to truly test his condition.

The black accented male gave a nod at her next question (the one he had intended on), and figured she needed to know the most important issues of the moment. "I'm afraid you've walked right into another war. It is between the coy-pack Inferni and wolf pack Dahlia. The wolves live north of here, the coyotes are northeast... You should stay away from them, no use getting wrapped up in it. I see no sense in the feud, their just bad beast all around if you ask me." He took another bit of the jerky, eyes watching her.

[/html]
300+

Messages In This Thread