Following the taint
Vark flicked his ears in a gesture of recognition at the name Inferni. He vaguely remembered the name as one often heard in stories along with Haku Soul. They were the largest pack of coyotes. Vark felt a tremor of anger and hate briefly shiver down his spine. But war, this was something Vark had only heard of in great tales. Ever long conflicts, with much death on either side of the board. Vark bowed his head as more emotion poured over him as the memories of his family and his coyote attackers were again brought to the surface. Vark looked up as Conor displayed a sad and regretful emotion as he explained that this was the second time that there was conflict between the two packs. Despite the rage and violence Vark felt attempting to consume him from inside, he didn't like conflict. The useless spill of blood the occurred in feuds between packs was a waste of life.

There was silence for a while, before Conor asked of Varks thoughts on their leader. Vark went to speak, but stopped. In truth, Haku was, well, put bluntly, scary. Vark realised after he had left the presence of the hulking male, he had come very close to death. But he was now part of the man's pack. He was his follower. But Vark still felt a shiver of terror when in Haku's presence.
"He smells of blood. And death. And violence." Vark spoke finally. After an awkward pause, Vark said, "But he is my leader. I would do what he would ask of me." Vark felt a strong loyalty to Haku, being the one who had accepted him. Vark wanted to learn how to be as powerful as Haku, and fast and as strong, from the man himself. He wanted to kill coyotes. But there was a part of him still left intact after his traumatic event, that spoke in his ear, telling him that that path is nothing but blood and violence, and that he was a peaceful wolf. Vark had found that that part of him was louder and stronger when ever he was with Conor, and Vark felt more at peace, and happier. Weighing up both arguments in his mind, he felt confused.
"I don't know." He said, shaking his head sadly. "I feel... bad... around him. But he is my leader. And I will learn from him." Vark repeated, though, in his heart and in his voice, there was a faint trace of doubt.

Messages In This Thread