Darkest before the Dawn
[html]

His eyes danced over the campsite for only a moment, figuring that the pair had not been settled for long. There was no evidence of any prolonged activity, and mostly everything was still packed away. At her invitation the male took only a moment before rising from his seat, the remaining piece of jerky sticking out the side of his mouth. The large dark stallion had the same tendencies his mare showed at times, a bit of protectiveness and misinterpretable aggression. But as Heath approached the horse seemed relaxed, though his eyes did not wander off Heath’s form. As always he made sure to stay in the dark eye’s view, relaxed and casual yet slow in his approach. The coy-wolf stopped at his face, allowing the ritual of scent exchange to commence. Once he felt the warm huff of air hit his face, eyes squinting against it, Heath placed his light colored hand on his muscular neck.

“We’re trying to stay out of it, though it seems like most are leaning towards the coyotes rather then Dahlia.” Heath paused, “The wolves have a nasty leader, apparently. Never met him myself.” He kept his tone even as he stood so close to the horse, his hand moving slowly towards his shoulder.
“There is history between them, longer and deeper then any will probably ever remember. I’ve had a run in with a coyote in the past, nasty creature. Though cant say I didn’t deserve it,” Heath spoke as he thought of the scars that he had been left with that day.
“I was on his land.”

He had gingerly stepped to the side of the horse, two hands now running along his flank. The stallion was large, but his muscle mass was not as well defined as if he had been training and not traveling with weakened supplies and in winter’s cold. Her question made Heath pause,
“Well, there’s Aniwaya they had a stables and a herd. You likely passed their borders west of here. Crimson Dreams is just east of here, but I’ve only touched to boundaries, never been inside. I don’t think them to be able sustain any stables or anything. Phoenix Valley, beyond the city, might have something. I stay away from there too.” Heath admitted, though not delving any deeper then that he simply added.
“Then there’s us, I could show you around if you wanted. We could always use a wolf that can use their hands.”

[/html]
300+

Messages In This Thread