Simply Being There
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... ader-1.jpg); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
500+

The gust that hit Ruri hit her as well and Savina's fur bristled and she shook herself in an attempt to also shake away the chill. It helped a little, though not as much as she would have liked. She couldn't help but chuckle at the collie's assessment of the winter weather here in the northern reaches of the world. "Well, you're not alone in that. The weather where I'm from was also always warm and it never snowed. This is my second winter and I'm still not quite used to it." The Italian fey doubted she ever would be "used" to it, and she would never really enjoy it. It was Mediterranean blood that flowed through her veins and it craved warmth and a comfort that only high temperatures could bring. The weather during this season wasn't to her liking, but there were few other things she had cause to complain about here. It seemed that Ruri held a similar view.

Her trip upon the sea had been far from any semblance of pleasant, only compounded by the fact that it was a trip she had not intended to make. The whole venture had been a mistake, but in the end she saw it more as a blessing than anything else, considering what she had found in these lands. The Dauphine appeared to share a similar fondness to sailing and ships that the Russian wolf, Rurik, she had met a few months ago did. While her first and only experience had not been a good one, she had to admit that she was intrigued by the notion of trying it again. Of course, she would not be venturing anywhere far from here. "So I've heard from another. I wouldn't be against trying to sail again. If you want a ship you might want to track down a wolf living in the city, Rurik Russo. He's also from across the Atlantic, but from a different region than myself. He's a sailor and I don't know if he'd have any boats to spare, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind you asking." The Russian had been incredibly friendly with her and she couldn't imagine him treating Ruri any differently.

As the conversation turned back to her pack Savina's smile grew. Crimson Dreams was always something she was happy to talk about, especially the younger generations. "We have a goodly amount of members. As far as pups go the only ones we have currently are my sister's little boy and girl. I would like to still count my own children among the pups of the pack, but I must remind myself they're nearly a year old now, hard as it is for a mother to believe," she said somewhat solemnly, but with pride shining through. "However, though, I will be adding to the number of young ones we house soon." It didn't surprise her that Ruri hadn't noticed, for she was barely showing, but she figured the kind woman would find the news exciting. "I remember well the difficulties of learning to shift and getting used to your new body, for really I only tackled that hurdle when I came here. Where I lived in Italy we never shifted our form." One of the things that the collie said caught her ear oddly though. "What is it that you mean, learning to feel your way around?" The Dreamer was still painfully oblivious of Ruri's lack of sight.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread