Saruna
[html]

Word Count: 404

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Her nervousness lingered, and she seemed somewhat suspicious of his actions. He was not offended: some just needed extra time before they could find trust in another being, but he was concerned about it anyway. After all, he was this tribe's leader, and if she could not trust him, then she was in the wrong place. Dawali needed to know that his friends (for he did consider them friends, more than subordinates) would trust him enough to do his bidding, when it was required. Perhaps one day fate would have it that he needed to ask a tribe's member to do something strange. If they could not trust him, then he could not trust them, and they could not stay. Still, of course, time was a tool for many things. Even if it took many, many meetings before this one, Aria, could trust him, he would be patient with her. It was obvious to him that she was suspicious out of fear, and this was distrust that was curable. Smiling gently, he waved his hand as if to dismiss her awkwardness, and replied on the subject on her drenched fur and shifted form. "Ah, don't worry — it happens to the best of us! I was afraid you had perhaps hurt yourself. You see, I am a medic; I am always thinking of such things." He realized his words could seem over the top for someone who did not trust him, someone who could be afraid of being deceived, but he would just have to continue being himself, and eventually she would realize that he was not about to deceive anyone. She did not look comfortable at all, and when she asked him about some information Ember had, he interrupted her before she got far enough to reveal anything. His hands were lifted with his palms outwards towards her, signalizing that she did not have to speak further. "I don't know what you told Ember, but you don't have to tell me. I trust her; if she thinks you should be among us, then she is right. Your history is your own, and I have no need to know anything other than that you are here." It was true; he did in fact trust Ember that much. For all their time in these lands, no AniWayan had come to him with a single problem on a social scale. No crimes had been committed other than by outsiders. All in all he believed they were strong, and trust was what bound them together so tightly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread