Deuce was looking at her daughter, and wasn't surprised to feel luicfer join her side. She nudged him back, her bi-colored gaze never leaving her daughter. Her words made Deuce frown, just slightly. "I made a mistake. I...don't think that Pilot will forgive me. I left Storm, and I'm looking for a place to stay. Permanently." A mistake? What kind of Mistake? Deuce's gaze didn't miss Dierdre shifting away from Lucifer, and her own body responded instinctively to move between her child and what her child percieved as a threat.

"I have some skills, like fishing and tracking. I'm a good tracker. In Storm I was the hunter, and I know how to use a bow and arrows." Deuce nodded. I know you have skills, Dierdre. You are still a far better hunter than I. Much as I want to, i'm not going to send you back to your pack. Nor, she added gently, am I going to pry for your reason behind thinking your mistake is unforgivable. I believe you belong in Storm with your mate, but you are more than welcome to join us here, if this is what you feel you must do.

She glanced to her mate, who was a higher rank than she, but then lifted her head and called for a leader, her voice sweet and somewhat melancholy.

Messages In This Thread