don't let me drag you down here to my level
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... kka4-2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

The whiskey did much to help numb the pain that seared through her body. She had never felt such pain before. Had she screamed at all, while he had been tending to her? Rikka hoped not. Never before had she screamed as she had when the wolf had been assaulting her, tearing her flesh and breaking her bones. The de le Poer had tried to be strong, to hold such reactions in. She hadn't wanted to give him the satisfaction. However she hadn't been able to hold it in. At least she could comfort herself with the knowledge that she hadn't once begged the beast to spare her. It was a feeble comfort, but it was comfort nonetheless. Hopefully they could be proud of her for that if nothing else.

She nodded her head at Gabriel's words, knowing that she needed to preserve what little strength she had left. Her hand took the bowl of water that was offered to her, though she nearly dropped it at the next sentence to leave her brother's lips. Haku Soul. She had heard that name before. Kaena had warned her against him. Anselm as well. Her cousin had told her of the awful deeds that he had committed. That had been him? A shudder ran through her aching body, eyes clamping shut again. Carefully and slowly Rikka took a drink of the water and let the silence envelope them once more. It was hard to repeat the words the devil had said. "What did he do to her?" she asked in a whisper. Pained gold eyes met Gabriel's own. "He said...he said I...tasted like mother." Her stomach twisted itself into uncomfortable knots, remembering his voice as the way his tongue had rasped against her ear.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread