Tell everybody I'm on my way....
[html]

Hehe, it's not a problem Smile Sorry about the slowness, the timezones mess up my posting times compared to most other peoples'! We can continue this thread or finish it after your reply — it's up to you Smile
Word Count: 393

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

The one female replied rather cheerfully, though the one of his own species kept silent, looking shy and comfortable in the background right then. Both took on a clearly submissive pose, however, and he responded by not altering his own in the slightest. He was not overly dominant, and he was not unpleasant. The last thing Dawali wanted was to make anyone uncomfortable; there were enough of those that came shivering to his borders, aching with fear for anything that moved. No, these two reacted logically, but not unhealthily so. He liked it, and he smiled approvingly at them and their greeting.

They introduced themselves, and Dawali gave a little chuckle at Anne's joke about the other's name, Leah was it? Nodding at them, he was about to ask them just how useful they were when Anne answered the question without it having been spoken. Dawali nodded again, eagle feathers dancing at this motion above his head. The two were very young, and even if they had been completely useless, he would probably have accepted them anyway. Partly because he felt sorry for someone so young to be on their own (even if there were two of them), but mostly because he knew that the young had an amazing ability to learn most things in half the time, compared to fully adult wolves. His face looked as if he was considering them for a moment — which he was — and he smiled kindly when he finally did reply. "Welcome, then. Unfortunately for you, Leah, there are few who have your interests in the tribe, but there are human ruins not far from here, which probably contains a treasure or two," We was, of course, talking about books and cooking tools. "As for you, Anne, you'll be happy to learn that we have several very good hunters and fighters among us, one which arrived here only a few weeks back; Nayati. You'd do well to seek him out." He paused, thinking that this was probably the easiest two joiners he'd met in the past few months, mostly because they didn't act as if he was about to kill them. "Most of us stay in the village. If you want, you can join me and I'll show you." It was pretty easy to find via smell, but still it was nice with company, he always thought.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread