i had somethin' to say
[html]
style="border-left:1px #808080 solid; border-top:0px #808080 solid; border-right:1px #808080 solid; border-bottom:1px #808080 solid;"

bgcolor="#170226">

we launch ourselves into the bright::in character

Another vaguely amused smile fleetingly touched her features as she noticed the pup relax a little. Some of the nervousness left her stomach and she felt her own posture loosen in sympathy as she began to lose her self-consciousness. "Jaded Shadows, eh?" Nocht echoed in a whisper, filing the name away for later. She'd probably forget, she knew, with her almost legendary powers, or lack thereof, of memory. She shook her head at Legacy's hesitant question.

"Nah, I sailed in in a ship that went belly-up in the bay." She explained, trying and failing to suppress an embarrassed grin at the confession, the image of the carcass of the boat roiling in the sea while they looked on stupified on the beach rising to the forefront of her mind. "We weren't the best sailors I 'spose." She added, rolling her eyes. "I've no way home for the time being so Phoenix was good hearted enough to let me join Storm." Her brow furrowed as a thought occurred to her. "I'll probably be here for a fair while, t'be honest. Takes a while to build a boat and get a crew together, even one as inexperienced as we were." She snorted a little again, finding the humour easily in her predicament. They had been rather godawful, if she reflected upon it. It was a miracle they had managed to find dry land at all, but they avoided discussing how woefully under-prepared they had been on the boat, lest it invite misfortune. Like all superstitious sailors of yore, it was almost as if speaking something would make it real. "We parted company on the beach though. Haven't seen them since. An' you, Jaded Shadows born and raised I suppose?" Nocht asked, expecting her question to be answered in the affirmative. It made the most sense, pups shouldn't be running around trying to find a pack or look after themselves. There was more than enough time for that later on. She crossed her arms and tucked her hands into her armpits while waiting for a reply, head tipped to the side in interest.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread