i knew the pathway like the back of my hand
[html]

Alabaster hands hid beneath her folded arms as the Dauphine pressed them to her body trying to banish the numbness from her fingers. Her ears perked to listen as Geneva explained her rank in Phoenix Valley and Ruri mimicked the gray woman's action of dipping her head in respect, though she had no known that Geneva had done the same to her. Then the subject turned to more serious matters. Her visage slowly changed, replacing the friendly smile on her lips with a look of concerned seriousness. Ruri and Geneva were both alike as the Border collie too did not know the reasons behind the war. She only knew that she did not want any of her friends, or herself for that matter, to get hurt because of it. Unfortunately, she had heard through the grapevine that Firefly had been hurt by two members of Dahlia de Mai. She knew nothing more than that, but at least she would have some answer to give to the Phoenix Valley woman. "When last I heard, one of my pack mates, a woman by the name of Firefly Sadira, had been injured by two members of Dahlia de Mai. Other than that, I don't know anything else about the war. In all honesty, I haven't investigated into it very much at all. The way I figure it, I'm of no use should the war turn and engulf Cour des Miracles somehow so I just do my best to keep all of my friends from getting involved. I don't want anybody else from our pack getting hurt," she replied with a sternness she rarely exhibited. If there was one thing in life Ruri would ever get upset about, it was when some stranger hurt one of Ruri's friends for no apparent reason. The naive, innocent, blind woman had scarcely an ounce of aggression in her, but if her friends ever needed her she'd defend them as best she could. After all, her pack mates were always defending her, protecting her from harm, so it was her job to look out for them as well.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread