Trouble's Brewing
[html]

Her story was a strange, exotic one, definitely a tale he hadn't been expecting out of her. As she spoke, the Patriarch removed the pressure by pointing his eye at the hearth. Zynex had come across as snappish and crude at first, but just as he'd expected, her demeanor was completely justifiable considering what she'd been through. It was strange how easily personalities were shaped -- and intriguing to root through backgrounds and discover the reasoning. Oddly, he didn't want to with Zynex. Jefferson just wished she'd smile for once.

She hadn't lied about being exiled. The Patriarch, with his so far unyielding amnesia, could not recall his own childhood or any of the struggles he'd ever had with his family. To his understanding he'd grown up happy, at least until his father had left. Apparently, that was when all the trouble began, and after regaining his sanity he became Jefferson -- a completely blank slate with dozens of unexplainable scars, the only evidence of sins and crimes he'd committed that he now could not even remember. Briefly, the brute wondered if Zynex might have benefited from a similar fate. It seemed her memories were now her worst enemies. "My half-brother is some sort of tyrant," he said quietly, dipping his head. Though unlikely, he could relate to troublesome siblings, though troublesome was an understatement. "You're isolating yourself because you subconsciously think that's all you deserve. I've been there." He sighed. Reliving it was unpleasant. "You were basically raised and run out of your pack because you were seen as unfit, so now you're having a hard time seeing yourself as anything else."

He straightened in his chair a little, allowing a pause for the information to sink in if she wasn't aware of it already. Then, the Patriarch turned his glowing green eye to her and dug his gaze into her eyes. "You wouldn't be here if we didn't want you here. Fuck, I was an asshole to you, I know. Geneva stuck up for you, and she was right to. The second you can get over this thing and know there's no pressure on you to just live here and exist, the second you can start getting to the simple living and existing part."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread