whisper of the heart
[html]

OOC: 500+

She couldn't understand why Haku Soul had been given a position of power in the first place. Now that she knew who he was and what he was capable of he shouldn't have even been allowed in a pack at all, much less given the station of second-in-command. It was a question that would perplex her to no end. Cercelee had always seemed like a level-headed wolf to her, and a good leader, so she could not understand why she would have let Haku rise to such power. Surely she must have known she was playing with fire. Fire was a thing that could be harnessed for a time, but would always eventually break free and pursue its own course. It was clear to her that this is exactly what had happened with Haku in Dahlia de Mai. They could only hope now that that fire wouldn't spread and consume the rest of 'Souls.

As seemed to be the case with every new Sadira relative she met, Savina's eyes grew wide as Colibri spoke the names of her nephews as the names of her two half-siblings. She had known that Firefly was their mother, but had been unaware that Haku was their father. She thought back to poor, timid little Conor and the pieces of the puzzle as to why he was the way he was seemed to fall into place. "Well, it appears we have more in common than we know. Conor and Emwe are my nephews. My mate, Kansas, is Firefly's brother, though I've never met her myself." She noticed Colibri's grimace at the name of her sister-in-law and couldn't help but wonder why that was. She had yet to meet the woman, which seemed odd to her, but she had never pressed the issue. She had simply thought that she would meet Firefly when time and circumstances permitted. Though the reactions she had gotten from many that knew her were similar to the one Colibri showed now and she was a little nervous of finding out who this mysterious sister actually was.

Savina nodded at Colibri's description of Conor. "I haven't met Emwe, but I've met Conor. He and his cousins didn't start out on the best foot, due to a misunderstanding, but he and my daughter Cambria have become quite close I believe. I know she's very worried for his well-being also." She wished to belay her daughter's fears, but she couldn't allow her to go visit Dahlia. The risk in doing so was far too great, especially for Cambria. But the subject changed to Princess and it would do them both good to not dwell on the fates of those in the war. "Yes, she does. I'm not surprised she didn't mention him in Dahlia. Ares, her brother, is deathly afraid of their mother and for good reason. Tokyo isn't allowed to come to Crimson Dreams and so this is a safe haven for them both." The Chance woman was a danger and Savina was happy to offer refuge to her abused children.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread