whisper of the heart
[html]
wc; 407

"...Ah! More in common, indeed... The Soul family is a scion of the Sadira family. Cercelee is my cousin, and it seems Kansas would be, as well..." Coli smiled shyly, tilting her ears back as she gauged Savina's reaction. It was no big revelation -- the Sadira family had inextricably deep roots in this land, and many generations were present in the packs today -- but that would make them some sort of in-laws, wouldn't it? There was hardly a trace of Ceres in any of them today, but they could still follow their family ties back to the renowned matriarch. As she had realized when speaking to Anselm, Coli was a touch grateful now that she had her own unique surname, since it was easy to be lost in a sea of relatives otherwise. She had almost no knowledge of her mother's "Jolie" family, but her father's line was widespread.

Conor and Cambria... Knowing that Conor had come here brought a flutter of excitement in her chest. He might visit again, and then she would have a chance to tell him where she went! In her mind's eye, he was still a small child, huddled and frightened in her arms. Logic told her that he was an adult now, but she had never even seen him shifted. She wanted to be a part of her brothers' lives, but had failed somewhat miserably. Maybe... maybe they would still have a chance, even if it was an adult friendship rather than the dependency of siblings she had first envisioned. And Savina's daughter, a distant relative, they could be friends too...! "Cambria, that's such a pretty name. How old is she?" Her tail stub stirred behind her, her attention always drawn to children.

Upon realizing that Tokyo had been specifically forbidden from visiting this territory, Colibri couldn't disguise a small chuckle. Really, this pack seemed to grow more and more perfect the more she learned about it. "That's no surprise, then, Tokyo is a scary lady. She, uh... she pushed me around once Princess went missing," she admitted sheepishly. She had considered standing up to the bully, but knew that bowing her head and taking whatever was dished out would make the ordeal end sooner. And so it had, the swaggering mother grew weary of not getting answers and left her be. "I... guess it's a safe haven for all of us, then, if she can't bother us here."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread