Explorers, Unite!
[html]

Table code and image © to Alaine
ooc: late reply! D:

It took a moment for him to fully understand this strange situation. The little girl, who clearly was not his Sylvie, had straightened up and turned on her bashful attacker, and Caillen had sunk low to the ground in a submissive crouch, eying her with a mixture of curiosity and trepidation. He could still smell Sylvie in the air, but the Ciel girl was certainly not the young princess who glared down at him now, her words coming out in sharp and snappy tones.

" I... I... I..."

He stuttered uselessly, the words stuck firmly in his throat. The slate wolf-dog, though probably a full head taller than the proud little miss now giving him a what-for, was clearly the less dominant of the pair. In fact, were it not for his size, it may have seemed that the girl's unruly bluff had some substance behind it. As it were, though, the scene seemed entirely comical - Amaranth was a pretty picture with anger lighting up her face, dwarfed as she was by the slowly standing Cai.

Alas, his savior! Sylvie had finally arrived, and the boy took a deep breath to steady his uneasy sounds, those round owlish sky-blue eyes warming to his friend with a look of undying gratitude, a look that said, save me from this pint-sized monster! No wonder girls were such frightful things!

It was Sylvie's turn to speak, and she immediately assumed the mature persona between the three, her voice far too adult to have come from her young maw. She apologized gently for Caillen's misbehaviors, and the young adolescent peered bashfully across at Amaranth, before lowering his wondrous gaze to his ivory paws. They shuffled nervously on the leafy ground, and the pup made as if to observe them carefully, though his attention was clearly on the two Fae's. He had become very quiet, and if one had not been sure of his persona, they could have assumed that the poor fellow was mute.

In spite of Sylvie's interjections, Amaranth still seemed particularly miffed with him. Caillen could sense her pride and anger, still thrumming in the air, and he tried failingly to hide his goofy form behind that of the much smaller, much more slender Sylvie. When the strange girl quipped up her own name, and then asked him a question, the slate and ivory pup found two sets of pretty eyes upon him. It was like standing in a very, very bright spotlight, under keen judgment, and Caillen felt the words withering in her maw again.

"M-m-my n-n-n... N-n-n... I am c-c-called... My n-n-name is C-c-c..."

His soft, gentle tone was broken by the heavy stuttering, and an embarrassed flush quickly crept up over his cheeks. If Alaine was here, she would tut and sigh; The young healer had tried everything to cure her son of his speech impediment, but thus far, it was to no avail. The stuttering came and went like a bad cold, made notably worse by stress, fright, or any heavy emotion really. Soft sapphire gaze rose pleadingly to Sylvie, the sentence withering in his throat, his vocals thrumming silent again in a soft, barely audible whine.

Speak think walk

[/html]

Messages In This Thread