Do you believe in something?
[html]

<3

Her eyes were filled the picture of the other female. Her face the center of her vision, and the look that was laid gently on her soft features filled Mati to the brim. The emotion was overflowing, and it was cold and filled with something that she had never experienced and thus could not place a name upon it. She did not hate it, hating it would mean she wished to banish it forever. But would be left to replace it might be worse. It could be nothing, a hollow empty chest, her heart lost. What would she ever have to offer if she was void a heart?

The words she spoke that made the tall Church woman’s ears fall to her skull, and she felt the urge to take a step backwards. The guilt was immense, and with the lack of greeting and the single question Mati was simply secure in her assumptions. Yes, Cambi had been hurt as she left her room. But now Mati could see clearly that those feelings had yet to leave the other girl. Waiting, she looked down at the ground and trying to pull the words from the place where they had sheepishly hid. She had come here for a reason, and as she answered the question that had been asked, Mati repeated the words that had been spoken to her by her friend in her head, gaining focus and courage. “Yes” her voice almost cracked as it spoke but Mati held it unbroken.

She paused, her breathing and her heart filling her ears and mind with noise. ”I,” This time her voice did falter, though her head was picked up off the forest ground and she was able to look the female in the face. “need to say I’m sorry. For what happened the other day.” Her voice was soft, her tone filled the guilt and the unhappiness that came with the unease and what looked like fear on Cambria’s face. It made her wish to step forward, the need to comfort and console something she had not lost after their last meeting. She spoke as if it was not weeks that they had avoided each other, though it felt as if it had happened moments before. The feelings were still so vivid.

“I didn’t mean to… do that, and to make you upset.” Violet eyes pleaded, wet with tears unshed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread