What remains
[html]
ooc - oblivious cass is oblivious

Cass smiled shyly as Halo grasped and petted the small toy. He was quite glad she liked it, and that she didn't think it was a silly thing. If he had shown it to anyone else, they would have told him to stop being a child and grow up, since they were still in a war. Maybe Cass was being a little paranoid, but he didn't know what to expect from anyone at Inferni. He had just met Halo formally today, but so far he felt as if he made a good first impression. However, her smile dimmed a little, as he mentioned giving it to any of the children. She asked if there were any children. Now that she mentioned it, he actually never really saw any kids around. He only assumed if there were any, since he wasn't actually positive. "Well, I dunno, actually. I ain't seen any chil'lin's 'round, I ain't sure if there are any," he responded. "Why? You want it?" he asked hopefully. If she wanted it, he was sure it had to be good.

She liked it! Cass beamed with confidence (or rather just enough) as he replied to the Lykoi. "Thanks! An' yeah I did. Lotta people think they're really good, too. I say 'Naw they're not as good as some of the statues I seen in Nawlins. Humans done been real talented." He admired the artistic ability of the humans, who crafted metal into beautiful works of art. It was a fascination from back home, which both he and his cousin had. His cousin, Brutus, became a stone carver. He used rubble from the city to make his works.

Snapping back to the present, Cassius had noticed the way Halo looked at him, and it made him slightly nervous. He never saw anyone look at him like that. It gave him a feeling in his gut, but it wasn't uncomfortable at all. It was odd, but he ignored it for now. When she said that he seemed quite "gifted". He scratched his head shyly, smiling at Halo. "Aw, well, I'm sure y'all got yer talents nobody else can do. Y'know we're all unique like that..." he faded, looking right into the Lykoi woman's bright red eyes.

Word Count: 300+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread