What remains
[html]
ooc - Tongue This thread is becoming a flirt-fest. but it's mostly from Halo's side, and it all goes WAY over Cass' head.

Halo shyly turned to the side after he offered the toy to her. What was wrong? Was he to forward? Did she not want to say no? What was it? She finally announced her answer, which was a "maybe". Maybe? That had to mean "yes" in girl terms right? Cass didn't know, but he gave Halo a big toothy grin in excitement, even if she didn't take it in the end. It meant she thought about it right? In any case, Cassius was as excited as can be. He'd never given any of his little toys to anyone, especially not a pretty girl like Halo. He replied but almost yelled an ecastatic "Really?" but promptly covered his mouth and spoke quieter. "I mean, that's cool. Yeah," he said as he scratched his head awkwardly.

As he explained about the statues in New Orleans, Halo seemed confused. Of course, since it was highly unlikely that she would have been anywhere south of the Canada/US border. And maps were hard to come by as well. He bartered for the one he kept in his room down by where Tennessee met the Mississippi river. That was sneaky one, it was. "Yeah. It done wayyyy south o' here though. It touches the Gulf o' Mexico. You know where that is?" he asked hopefully. He hoped she didn't know though. He liked explaining things to people. It made him feel really smart. Not that he wasn't, but rather smarter anyway.

It was weird, how Halo made him feel. She seemed really interested in his skill in mechanics, but of course everyone was. It wasn't exactly a common hobby. And she let him know that, giving him a very unsettling look on her face. It made him feel really shy, but he had no clue why. He didn't like showing it, since he though maybe Halo would think he was a wuss or something. But he just scratched his head shyly again. "W-well, yeah I done hear that lots," he chuckled, and of course with the stutter coming back. "Ev'ryone says I'm too modest 'bout it though. But it really isn't all that great, what with all the human stuff bein' old an' all." he replied all too modestly as suggested. "Thanks though," he smiled softly back. He was glad he made a friend of Halo. Or at least he though if her as a friend.

Word Count: 400+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread