Luperci Maturity
Aww, Meghann posted while I was typing mine. :| Some of this is redundant, warning. :O

There's actually a subtle distinction between sexual maturity and willingness/ability to have sex. :> Sexual maturity is defined as the ability to reproduce successfully. Sexual activity is... well, the ability + willingness to have sex.

Technically, a Luperci could start having sex quite young, since at 6 months old, they're pretty much fully grown and they have the ability to begin hunt with the pack. You can look at the life cycle page for a handy chart that likens werewolf maturity with human maturity.

At eight months old, a Luperci is roughly 12 years old. Puberty in humans can start as early as like, eight or nine years old in some cases, so we could safely say a Luperci likely hits puberty as early as five months in some cases. This is probably around the time they'd start noticing the opposite sex and become a little awkward themselves.

Sexual activity is not as well-defined as sexual maturity here, because it would honestly depend on the character as to when exactly they'd start having sex. There's no set minimum age, but I would think that anything between the ages of seven/eight months up until two years would be within the range of normal for a Luperci to begin sexual activity.

I personally would avoid roleplaying sexual activity with characters younger than seven months (I would likely wait until they were closer to a year old) but others may not feel the same.

But anyway, as for sexual maturity, that's much more defined. :> Luperci are officially able to reproduce at 15 months of age, or 20 years of age in human terms, no questions asked.

I would like to mention, though, that we have had much younger births in the past, at like... nine months, I think? It was really young, so that was why the 15 month minimum was enacted in the first place, if I recall correctly. Such a thing would probably have disastrous consequences for the young mother's body and is highly unrealistic considering the 2 year sexual maturity in wild wolves, but once upon a time it was allowed.

And even in Kaena's history, she got pregnant twice at a super-young age, but in both cases the children were super-premature and they did not survive (and also, this was outside of 'Souls and a part of her history long before the 15 months minimum was enacted here, so I might be grandfathered in, so to speak?). But such a thing would likely be exceedingly rare, like the youngest mother in the world at five years old. The types of plots where a character becomes pregnant prior to fifteen months of age would not be approved in-game anymore, though I suppose they might occur outside of 'Souls still, but I don't know for sure. Someone else would have to weigh in on that. :p

Messages In This Thread