my work's not done
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... stable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Xeris smiled at her daughter, whose mismatched eyes lit up for a moment at Cerridwyn's words, before focusing again on the moving water. Her mother now brought her attention back to her packmate, listening with the curiosity that had always been a part of her. "Yes, that's what I love about Phoenix Valley. We're all a family here." Xeris had spoken similar words to Angelique not too long ago, but for different reasons. She wondered now how Angel was doing after such a stressful event. Surely, even though he was dead, Xeris had not heard the last about this mysterious Brutus that she had mentioned. But that was a matter for another time.

"Thank you," Xeris said in response to Cerridwyn's compliment of her daughter. She supposed that little Xion would not be able to give her thanks by herself, so she might as well do so for her. The tri-colored female asked about motherhood. Xeris paused for a moment, thinking of the right words. "It's a big responsibility, yes," she replied after a moment. "Now that they've gotten older, I split the duties of looking after them with their father. And of course there's Delwyn, he always has a knack for slipping out under our noses. But he knows better than to leave the Valley, so I have to believe that he'll be all right."
This table is by Syd!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread