sanctuary of mine;
[html]

Jefferson was met with two extremes: Pontiac, a wolfess he'd known to be caring and concerned for her packmates, and Zynex, whom he'd quickly learned was bitter, fiery, and short-tempered. While the cyclops was not expecting visitors before the afternoon when he'd presumably woken up after a long rest back in the ranch house for the first time in days, Jefferson was not intruded upon by their presence. What he hadn't been expecting was to be utterly tackled, and had the scarred man not known how to control his instincts better, poor Pontiac might have been met with a foot to the gut or something similar, acted out of sheer reflex. The locking of those reflexes, however, solidified him in space, and he was thus defenseless against the rush of the embrace.

Wide-eyed, the cyclops looked at Pontiac baffled when she insulted him in addition, though there was no power behind those words. Had his leave made a difference? There certainly hadn't been intent to; it was all a trick, sure, but there were plenty more reasons for its happening. Jefferson, always awkward in such situations, ignored the fact that his arm was now throbbing in its sling squeezed between their chests, and with his other hand simply patted the girl on the back. He was really no good at sentimentalities, and Geneva would probably vouch for that. "Pontiac, I--"

He was, however, much better with his typical snide and sarcastic emotions, and that was how he chose to deal with Zynex. Her words were laced with poison even though her demeanor was left calm and unfazed; strange, since Jefferson had assumed she had warmed up to him a little after their big 'talk.' It didn't seem to be the case. Releasing Pontiac, the cyclops' single green eye affixed on the red-furred wolfess, and the brute smiled and remained calm. "I did, thank you," he responded with an uncharacteristic politeness. "...But it's nicer to be back and see familiar faces. I'm guessing you were good to Dawali? On your best behavior, hmm?" Although his gaze browsed over the both of them, the last fragment of his words were paired with a prickly look in his eye and a smirk at his scarred lips, sent briefly at Zynex. He wasn't afraid to piss her off. Besides, wasn't one of her goals to learn how to control herself and fit into a pack -- and the unpredictability of pack life?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread