my work's not done
The breeze blew gently; it was such a beautiful day. Spring was well on its way and Cerridwyn was grateful; snow and ice, while beautiful, were not to her taste. She was generally a graceful wolf, but was quite prone to clumsiness during the winter. And snow was cold, and stuck in her pawpads. "Yes, that's what I love about Phoenix Valley. We're all a family here," Xeris commented, and Cerridwyn smiled. It was a nice feeling to be part of a pack that was a family; not the head of it, not one that the members feared, but just a member who didn't have to scare others into respecting her. "I love tha' e'eryone is so close 'ere," she said. "I look for'ard t'the day I c'n really call th' pack me fam'ly."

She listened closely as the snowy female answered her question. At the mention of Delwyn, Cerridwyn threw up her arms and laughed merrly. "Delwyn! O' course! Why din't I realize? I jus' din't make th' connection, I s'pose. Had quite a tirin' game o' tag wi' tha' one nae too long ago," she informed Xeris. "Aye, 'e's somethin' else, 'at one is. 'E's go' 'is 'eart inna right place, though, bless 'im, th' silly li'l thin'. I dun think 'e'd wander out th' packlands, either; ye'll nae 'ave t'worry 'bout tha', I dun b'lieve."

Messages In This Thread