I shouldn't have waited...
[html]

It was a lot of information all sent at once, the poor girl hardly giving herself enough time to breathe between sentences. Her story was quick but heavy and was an effort to fully absorb; when she finished, the Patriarch hardly knew where to begin. He harbored no anger, no sudden distaste for the black-pelted woman, but a level of sympathy did rise up within his chest. No, Jefferson had never been in her position, but he'd seen the aftereffects. He'd seen the hate, the seething red within the eyes of his children. They didn't know rape either, but they had been born from it. It was almost as tragic.

Trying to push away the sudden flood of regret and thoughts that filled his mind, Jefferson frowned and glanced briefly at the height of the moon. "Let's talk," he said slowly, gently motioning for her to follow. The edge of the southern Mirror Lake was hardly a distance away, and the cyclops spoke only when they neared it. "I'm not angry with you, Angelique. I have no right to be. You've already experienced the consequences of a poorly-guarded border. You know why it happened."

He bowed his head, lowering down to the edge of the dark, colorless water. The brute listened to the songs of their neighbor crickets, breathed in the cool, wet air, and exhaled. "You never told us something like this could happen. We could have prevented it. Hell, you never needed to be scared to speak with me about it; I'm not here just to condemn you. I'm here to protect you, too."

Glancing an earnest green eye at her, his scars frowned. "I'm... sorry this happened to you."

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread