the White Knight is talking backwards
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... kka2-2.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Gabriel would prevail. Her faith in the right of the world hadn't been crushed so badly as to think that that evil would overpower her brother. Rikka wasn't a religious person, at least not in the same way that he was, but she trusted that he would overcome Haku. That hell hound wasn't fighting for anything. Gabriel was fighting to eradicate that evil, to protect his home and his family and the lives that were protected under him. That gave him strength. She saw it in his movements, in the way his eyes glowed. Gabriel would not let the darkness defeat him. He would win. His sister believed this as she believed little else.

His words made a stone drop into her stomach, stunning her. Her face became a hard neutral mask, a shiver running down her spine. Rikka wasn't sure how to take that sentence until he explained further, but even then it was a hard pill to swallow. Of course she was grateful for his concern of her, but she knew the way her family viewed those who left. If she left again, she could probably never come back. At least not without facing a substantial amount of hostility. It was a blow to her pride, that she had failed in this, and part of her was still unwilling to give up and throw in the towel. Still, she knew she couldn't remain the person she was and stay here as well. "I..." Her voice felt forced, and she licked her lips. "Everyone will hate me if I leave." Though she wasn't so worried about the others. She could bear their disdain. "Would you hate me?" she asked, looking back up to him, their eyes meeting. That was one thing she couldn't bear.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread