I shouldn't have waited...
[html]

Oklie doklies. Big Grin

Why had she even come to him? She'd mentioned deserving a punishment and Jefferson had refused to do so -- so she chose to punish herself instead. Her words were harsh, unforgiving towards herself: For this is my fault, she'd admitted. Jefferson's tattered and beaten ears flattened against his skull. Her thoughts were unhealthy, impure; the brute could only wonder if Aurelie had blamed herself too, the same way both Jefferson and his children blamed the cyclops for what had happened to the French girl.

"Forget about respect and brutality," he sighed. "This isn't your old pack, and I'm not your old leader. You're supposed to be safe here; I'm supposed to ensure that, but I can't if you don't tell me these things."

She resolved herself to the situation, taking tragedy in a rather unique, passive fashion as if it all had been fated to happen. He didn't like it, but there wasn't much he could change about it. More puppies? "...If that's the case, there will be room made for them and they will be safe here." He bowed his head, green eye staring quietly into the blackness of the wavering water. "You need to stop blaming yourself. None of this is okay... you can't keep pretending it was or beating yourself up over it."

<style type="text/css">
.airplanes b {font-weight:bold; color:#827165; letter-spacing:1px;}
.ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#95A0A9; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.airplanes p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.airplanes {margin:0 auto; width:399px; background-color:#EBF1F6; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... etable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #49361E; padding: 0px 0px 110px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#95A0A9; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread