Where the earth is strung with lovers’ pearls
[html]

he's being an arse :| 300+

He could sense her worry and it only heightened his desire to remove himself from the situation. He needed time, space to think this all over, to try and chase the worry away. Haven wanted it to be some stupid nightmare that had no bearing in the real world, but after what had happened to him the last time he couldn't discount it right away. Princess may be happy right now, but what if in a few months she wasn't so happy? What if she realized she really missed her brother and went to go after him just like Siobhan had? Leaving him heartbroken and scattered again. He wouldn't be able to handle that. It would hurt worse than the last time. He cared for Princess more.

Then came the question that he didn't want to answer. Jaw tightened, his teeth pressing together uncomfortably. Yes, he needed to get out of the house, make up some excuse, but what? What would placate her fears and give her the feeling that he was okay and just needed to go out? The answer (or excuse) came easier than expected, a light bulb coming on in his frenzied mind. "I dreamed something happened to Drogon. I think I should go check on him, make sure everything's fine." The lie came out smooth, but left a poisonous aftertaste on his tongue. He felt lower than low, lying to her, but he didn't know what else to do.

Haven rose, grabbing his jeans and his jacket, putting them on hastily. "I might not be back for a little while, even if things are fine. Should probably go check the borders. You go back to sleep," he urged her, offering a weak half-smile. He strapped Vowkeeper across his back and headed towards the door, looking back at her one last time before leaving.

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread