the castle floor lies in traps
[html]

300+

He was exposed, fully and completely. Haven felt like a pup who had gotten caught doing something he knew he shouldn't have been doing. Aside from the pup part of it, that assessment was fairly accurate. He shouldn't have been treating her this way and keeping his fears from her. Wouldn't it be ironic, if by keeping it from her and acting this way, he had ruined everything anyway. A self fulfilling prophecy. That idea made his gut tighten. Why did he always have to get in his own way? If it wasn't someone else hurting him, it was him hurting him. The once proud Knight felt pathetic and cowardly, now faced with the thing he had been avoiding. It surely showed on his face, in his body, and in his eyes. There was no defiance there, no sorry attempt to remain cool and complacent. He was a sorry wretch, and they both knew it. Would she love him now? Seeing what a sad, sorry creature he truly was deep down?

Her golden eyes pierced right through all his barriers and he cowered under her gaze, shoulders slumping and tail curling between his legs. From the outside it probably would have looked quite comical, the large hybrid being so submissive to the smaller female, but for both of them there was nothing funny about this. He had screwed up. The male cringed at her words for they struck at the very heart of him. No, that's not what he wanted at all. It was the very sort of thing that he didn't want to happen. "No! Princess, I..." his voice trailed off, accentuated by a soft whine. Where to start? The Aatte heaved a great sigh, if possible his stature becoming even more diminished. "I'm sorry...this is all my fault." Not that she needed to hear it, no doubt she knew it. I was written all over her. She had every right to be mad.

"That night...it wasn't Drogon I had a nightmare about. It was you...us." He met her eyes for a second before his gaze dropped again. "You were leaving me...to go after Ares. Just like she left me to go after her brother..." Comparing Princess to Siobhan wasn't really a good thing to do, but in this situation it couldn't be helped. He wasn't really comparing them though. He just needed her to realize why the dream had scared him so much. It had happened to him before, and she had come to mean so much to him that the mere thought of her leaving him tore him up inside.

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread