the castle floor lies in traps
[html]

300+ words.

Now that she knew the reason for his strange behavior, Princess did not know if it really helped much. She wanted it to, but knowing that he was thinking about her leaving him and hurting him just like the other girl had... It just hurt. Princess could not explain the way it felt. Not only had she promised to herself and to him silently that she would never hurt him like that, she had promised Anu. Even though it had been a nightmare to spark his worries, she hated to think that he thought her capable of doing that. Princess loved him, and she had told him that already. Knowing that he even so much as considered that a possibility made her wonder if she had not shown it enough. As far as she was concerned, she was going nowhere, but maybe she had not done enough to prove that to him. She did not know how or what to do to show him.

"Ares left months before I came here," — so if she had wanted to follow him, she could have before coming to Cour des Miracles in the first place — "and I came here because I wanted to. I want to be with you, Haven." He had not asked this of her. Leaving her pack and home to be with him had been her idea alone, as he had not even suggested it. If she had wanted to go after her brother for whatever reason, she would have done so shortly after his departure so that he would not be too far away and hard to find. She had not wanted to, though. She still did not want to. Though the anger and the hurt had faded, Princess had realized that his actions had broken them apart. Even if he were to come back, they would not be close again, and she doubted she wanted that, anyway. "I'm not going anywhere. I'm not going to leave you," she said evenly, golden eyes lifting to look at him, as if challnging him to argue with her that she was wrong or that she couldn't possibly know that yet. She did know that, and she was not going to leave him.

<style type="text/css">
.loveyousay b {font-weight:bold; color:#f8d5da; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.loveyousayooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#cb7b86; text-align:right;}
.loveyousay p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.loveyousay {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#a24639; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v368/ ... yousay.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #a24639; padding: 0px 0px 280px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#e5b275; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread